• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

You can reach me via email at sack_boy@hotmail.com. Haven't installed AIM and would rather not.

If you're currently available, I can play in the next 25 minutes or so (an 8 p.m. MT start would be great). If that's no good some general time tonight will work. Just let me know when and I'll work my world around it. I'm more or less home for the evening now.

My nick with EA Sports is SickBoyGA.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Actually, right now might not be that good... only got 3 hours of sleep last night and I just passed out for another. I'll see if I sober up or not.

SickBoy

Any time tonight going to work (just say when)? If not, then what about 2 p.m. ET tomorrow? It's not ideal for me, but I can swing that.

SickBoy

Wellington said:
Let me ask you a stupid question, Sick... What is your problem with AIM? ;)

I just hate having 800 apps on my computer, and I really don't use or care that much about instant messenger programs. I updated to the latest MSN, grudgingly, because I talk to about three or four people using it. Isn't that enough??? :)

Why won't you people leave me alone?

*cries*

And Hito, 11 ET should be fine for me... what's your EA Sports nick?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You don't have to use the AIM program, just something that uses the AIM protocol. Back in the day, I used ICQ solely because there were so many clone apps available for it... and all better than the official program. ;)

Sickboy: hknishino

Andokuky

Banned
Bob I won't be home Friday until around 4:30 or so, if that's still cool let me know. If not I should be good anytime tomorrow after 4:30 or probably any time Friday too.

SickBoy

Sonovabitch.... I can't connect to EA's servers for some reason (so says Madden, anyhow).

EDIT: THere's no sort of network status page is there? I'd like to hope it's not just me...

SickBoy

to-rrent? Nahh, in addition to my AIMphobia, I've never done a whole lot of file-sharing :)

The game itself winds up being about 2GB over four files... because I do them in full resolution.

GG, and sorry again about my schedule woes and lateness tonight (I don't know why I couldn't connect initially -- powered down and restarted the PS2 and it worked like a dream).

I thought it was going to be a shootout after the first few minutes, but your defense stiffened up (and I guess mine did too). You had a bunch of tough breaks, and a couple of them piled up to put you in the hole (although fair catch fair catch fair catch :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fair Catch is triangle, right? How long do you have to press it?

BTW, I'm amazed that I'm THIRD in pass yards allowed per game.

SickBoy

Yeah, it's triangle, and you just need a single press while the ball is still relatively in high in the air. Last second there's a good chance it won't work.

Andokuky

Banned
Hey cubanb, when do you want to play? this is Dallas. im open anytime after 2:30 p.m. untill 4:30 CNT, and from 9:30 p.m. CNT till about 12 CNT. Also, my AIM is TheGr8Matheson, drop a message here or on my aim. later.

BTW, Portis is going down.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man am I lucky to be in the division I am in. :lol Though i don't know why Bob was moved out of it.

This game could have huge playoff implications, like FMT mentioned. I, of course, will be available tonight to play!

Andokuky

Banned
Houston can you play tonight? I'll be home around 4:30-4:45 CST and can play after that, just let me know a time if you can play please.

Miguel

It'd have to be any time after Midnight central time til before 1pm central. That's my shitty schedule until sunday. We'll work something out. Not today before 1 though, as I still haven't slept. :(

Mrbob

Andokuky said:
Bob I won't be home Friday until around 4:30 or so, if that's still cool let me know. If not I should be good anytime tomorrow after 4:30 or probably any time Friday too.

Ok that should work. Hopefully the EA servers work for us, unlike Wed, so we can actually get our game in.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just out of curiousity, what's league policy when a game is missed? I automatically win my division now, right? I'm pretty sure that's how it works out.

Just out of curiousity, what's league policy when a game is missed? I automatically win my division now, right? I'm pretty sure that's how it works out.

no real policy. if a game is a day or two late, or if there is some extraordinary circumstance, i will accept it. it it has been a few days and there is no plan to play or i dont see any progress, im going to coin flip it or fill in for the flaker team

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
When do you want to play tonight FMT? I want to pwn you then pwn my gf.... at Halo 2 fellas, she's a gamer like us!

good choice...Halo 2 always does the trick.

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no real policy. if a game is a day or two late, or if there is some extraordinary circumstance, i will accept it. it it has been a few days and there is no plan to play or i dont see any progress, im going to coin flip it or fill in for the flaker team

IMO you should request volunteers and give it to the volunteer coach with the worst record. No point in using yourself, because that's actually a pretty good thing for a guy who's missing a game.

Andokuky

Banned
Bob, I don't have any idea when I'll be home. Alternator in my car went out yesterday, got it towed to a shop and today it's getting fixed. Long story short I have to wait for my fiance to pick me up from work so I'll be getting home about 20-30 minutes later than normal.

Sorry Miguel, I didn't even see the post but I wake up at 5:30am for work anyways :lol Can you play any tonight?

Miguel

I'll give you my schedule between now and monday. I'm sure we can squeeze a game in somewhere.

Friday:
3pm-11pm = Work

Saturday
Midnight - Noon = Off
3pm-11pm = Work

Sunday:
All day = Off

Monday:
All day = Off

Pick a time. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT, sorry about being away last night, the little woman put her foot down. I won't be around tonight pretty much at all, and tomorrow morning I gotta be at work. What's your sched for tomorrow and sunday? I would rather try to be there when you are around for sure rather than tell you a time and then have something else come up.

cubanb

Banned
Andokuky said:
Hey cubanb, when do you want to play? this is Dallas. im open anytime after 2:30 p.m. untill 4:30 CNT, and from 9:30 p.m. CNT till about 12 CNT. Also, my AIM is TheGr8Matheson, drop a message here or on my aim. later.

BTW, Portis is going down.
I might be able to play tonight around 9pst, or later tomorrow night or sunday during the day

Mrbob

Andokuky said:
Bob, I don't have any idea when I'll be home. Alternator in my car went out yesterday, got it towed to a shop and today it's getting fixed. Long story short I have to wait for my fiance to pick me up from work so I'll be getting home about 20-30 minutes later than normal.

Sorry Miguel, I didn't even see the post but I wake up at 5:30am for work anyways :lol Can you play any tonight?

Oh ok. I've been at home waiting for awhile, just read your message. Are you going to be home any time soon tonight? Otherwise perhaps we can shoot for sometime tommorrow? I'm free most of the day tommorrow, although I'll probably head out tommorrow night.

Monday my schedule gets normal again, until then I really need to try and plan ahead.

Andokuky

Banned
cubanb, tonight is great. 9 pct is 11 cnt, right? i'll get on at 10 and 11 just to make sure. my madden name is FecesFace, just send me a friends invite. later.

SickBoy

Mrbob, haven't been reading the saga, but when is good for you for our game? I wanted to wait to let you play Ando before our game...

DMczaf

I get my first fumble recovery of the season and its by my kicker!

5194818_36_2.jpg

HARDCORE!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT... you're gonna kill me... :(

I got roped into some birthday shit for one of my best buds. I wouldn't be going but my mom of all people is forcing me to go. I have to ditch again. I am definitely 100% home tomorrow all the way through like 6 PM. Just give me the forfeit if we don't play before the deadline!!!*

*Yes I am trying to dodge you! :(

Top Bottom