• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think we just play them. I'm assuming the commish sets difficulty and quarter length.

dammitmattt said:
Congrats, my man! I'm in the same boat as you, though I'm getting married on August 16th, so I'll be out of commission roughly from 8/15 to 8/24.

On another note, do we know how we are going to handle the CPU games?

Congrats to you as well bro! Weddings gone wild it appears!! :lol

Regarding the league setup, I can truly care less... I just want to have a decent team and play some football again!

Zep

Banned
Ya know, I was thinking of coming into this but decided the winner of the whole thing can play me...You know, the last National Champion :)

Think of it as...The circle of champions.

DMczaf

First impressions from the PS3 version FINALLY

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=58671

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=58779

Some online stuff

NU wins 24-21 over Kentucky on a FG with :01 left.

Mics worked fine, not many issues with lag. A couple times where buttons didn't seem responsive, but it's a lot better than 08. Felt like offline play (or close to it) for the most part. Was actually able to make some user plays.

Interested to see how it plays with hundreds (if not thousands) of people on next week.

I was playing on a wireless router as well. It might run even better wired or direct.

I was pleased with it - though, after playing 08 online, anything would be a welcome improvement.

i was thinking back to ncaa last year on 360 and i can't remember how the lag was. at first i was thinking it was like madden (pretty good), but then i can recall having games against shawn where it was kinda laggy. i dont... remember!

DCX

DCX
The game is like a week away and no one is excited!?!?! I can't wait to get into the new season of GAF leagues. It begins with NCAA and ends with MLB
or the Show.

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:
The game is like a week away and no one is excited!?!?! I can't wait to get into the new season of GAF leagues. It begins with NCAA and ends with MLB
or the Show.

DCX
The game is a week away already? Wow. So what did we decide on the league's conferences/teams? FMT?

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
The game is a week away already? Wow. So what did we decide on the league's conferences/teams? FMT?
I also want to know because i really don't have a fav college football team, i follow the sport in general although my fav college basketball team is Cincinnati and i do keep an eye on the Bearcats in CFB.

DCX

i dont know yet about the conferences! i want to make sure we know how the onlien system works first.

p.s. i'll probably have the game tomorrow or friday if i feel like driving to Game Hut in gardena. they will have the game early. we'll see!

DMczaf

1998275652_b538079284.jpg

Do it!

FMT, there is another spot that I've been frequently hitting up which has replaced the infamous Hut as my go-to vendor for early releases.

They are in LA/Culver City and it may be closer to you than Gardena. They typically release new games at $56.99 rather than $59.99 and the area is slightly less sketchy.

"Game Play"
10937 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Phone: (310) 842-7776

They are claiming next Tuesday for this scenario, but catalog this source as another place to consider when you're looking for broken street date.

Lonestar

buy me one and ship it to me!

When is the game supposed to be out, "regular" like?

And do we need to set things up now, in case E3 closes this place down for a few days?

I've secured my copy. :D

Wish I saw your post before I left Lonestar.... Anyways, I'll have impressions tonight when I get off work.

Lonestar

That's alright man. I can continue to just daydream about...

!!!!!!DYNASTY EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!DYNASTY EXPLOSION!!!!!!
FMT.gif

GQman2121

Banned
The mode supports 12 people, yet I see 14 listed.....what gives?

I can fill a spot if someone drops out or you need another person who is going to actually play games when they have too.

So can we get a list of who's in this league and who's not? I know we got 14 signed up and only 12 can be in it, so if I don't make the cut I'd like to know so I can buy the 360 version instead and get in on their league. I'd prefer the ps3 version but not as much as I'd prefer to be in a league.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Have any of you read the horror stories regarding glitches in this game? I only had time to glance at the thread so I'm not sure if there is any truth to it.

Just looking out for everyone.

Lonestar

Yeah, I saw the thread. Don't know how I feel about it now. But, it's paid for, and I'll probably be getting it tonight. I think the game will play just fine, but I'm worried about:

1. Roster Name changes affecting teams (i.e. disappearing)
2. Roster Names causing game crashes
3. Read somewhere about crashes after trying to make a dynasty, like after 3 or 4 people, it would crash. Not sure on this.
4. Stat engine being "busted"

Lonestar

And now my internet at home is almost unusable. My upload rate seem to be fine, but my download is completely borked. I had 1386 (1.3 megs) upload, and 0012 (so fucking small, Mini Me wouldn't take it) download.

FUUUUUCK

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
And now my internet at home is almost unusable. My upload rate seem to be fine, but my download is completely borked. I had 1386 (1.3 megs) upload, and 0012 (so fucking small, Mini Me wouldn't take it) download.

FUUUUUCK

Do you happen to be on FIOS? I just got it today and it's slow as shit. WTF?

Lonestar

I'm on some form of RR. Brighthouse is the ISP/Cable Company.

Edit: I've got a technician coming to the house Friday to check the situation. I've spent 5 minutes waiting to edit this post.

why bother picking teams at this point? give people a chance to play it to see if they actually want to be in for the long haul. otherwise whats the point?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why bother picking teams at this point? give people a chance to play it to see if they actually want to be in for the long haul. otherwise whats the point?

QFT, we need to make sure we have a crew that will be down for several seasons this year!

LiveWire

Heading out tonight to pick up my copy, so count me in too. Decided to abandon wireless and just wire up my apt from the FIOS router. 4800kbps upload should make my online games much smoother. :D

DCX

DCX
I'm in. I got my game yesterday and played to half time twice. I liked the flow of the game. I'm sure with sliders FMT chooses and human opponents it should makes for a fantastic college football experience. I'm hoping i can play with my Cincinnati Bearcats, but i'm just happy to be down with a Dynasty that will last til the next year!! Truly epic!

DCX

Lonestar

I really want to try out Online...stupid internet.

I did get a lock up in a dynasty game though, after a play. Just stopped. Not Good.

Also, I say each person can "fix" 1 player on their team. I say this because EA totally FUCKED My "punt Returner" Javier Arenas. #7 overall last year in Punt Return average, electric returner, and he's now a FS (he's a CB) and they give him 64 return ability and below average speed. It's FUCKING BULLSHIT. I'm not saying "Make him 99!!!!" but damn, it's like making Bo Jackson and making him Cedric Benson. Seriously.

Well, internet is now at least stable (I think) though Download is still low. My upload is almost twice as fast. So I think i'm at the OLD Cable Modem speeds, back in the 90's

now that the game has been out a few days, i'd like to get a tally of those still interested in the online dynasty.

again, i implore you to think of the time it takes to play this game AND madden before commiting to both or either.

i dont want to start the dynasty until rosters are out on ps3, so we have time, but i still want to know!

1. fmt
2. shawnhann

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
have yo ueven played it yet? i dont want to hear any bitching about qualms you have with the gameplay if you commit!

im playing right now bitch. remember i asked you to play and you said "nah im a huge pussy" so i said ok

Top Bottom