• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

daw840

Shit. Apparently Fifty is in so the Ravens are out. What about the Cards? Obviously, if Malley is not playing I take the Chiefs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Oh sweet fifty is in too? This is like the old band getting back together for one more tour.

Even better, the Ravens are on the Bears schedule this year!

You're lucky you missed out on going up against Sexy Rexy.Imagine the deep bombs to AJ I would have had against you.

somet things i liked about the video:

* better pass rush
* jbust didn't look like a hall of famer!
* dwayne jarrett gets absolutely bitched on a bump play by nnamdi :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Russell and Justin Fargas will be 95+ in season 2.

I really hope the have pro-bowl selections in the game. And maybe even have the loser from the NFC and AFC title game playing the actual pro-bowl. Could be awesome.

Of course, contracts and a Cap would be great too....

And thank god the Eagles played the Ravens LAST year

I think Breaston will be running my Wildcat. That is assuming I get the Cardinals.

Ill laugh when you have all these plans and you end up not getting the Cards :lol

Striker

There is sub-packaging in this, right? Think back to '04 and '05 Madden where you could put other ends at DT in nickel or dime packages, or if you played 3-4, put your OLB at end in nickel or dime. I had thought there is, but want to make sure .

LukeSmith

nyprimus2 said:
I think Breaston will be running my Wildcat. That is assuming I get the Cardinals. :D

:lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe they'll have a probowl where the helmets are like they are in real life. i never understood why this was such a memory constraint

It depends on how they load their logos in general. It's entirely possible that they just have all helmets for a given team on a single plate of information and then when you play 1v1, they just call those two plates into memory and discard everything else. Splitting up those into bits of information that can load dynamically for one game out of 21 might not be something they want to spend their time on.

That said it would be sweet

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe they'll have a probowl where the helmets are like they are in real life. i never understood why this was such a memory constraint

Same reason the bushes are just green clouds in Super Mario Bros id guess. Its easier to load 2 helmets than potentially 32 different helmets

1. steelers (ramirez)
2. texans (matrix)
3. colts (lukems)
4. chiefs (malleymal)
5. raiders (rors)
6. cowpies (shawn)
7. giants (wellington)
8. eagles(coldblooded)
9. redskins (livewire)
10. bears (mrbob)
11. packers (azgreg)
12. vikings (slo)
13. falcons (dcx)
14. bucs (dmczaf)
15. 49ers (fmt)
16. ravens (fifty)

those teams/players are 100% in unless someone tells me they aren't playing. i looked at the list of interested people and put the top 16 (remaining teams) as i see them right now:

1. LJ11
2. airbrian
3. smokey
4. lonestar
5. somnia
6. striker
7. bluemax
8. charsace
9. denogginizer
10. sableholic
11. dammittmatt
12. daw
13. pheeniks
14. dskillz
15. gcquinton
16. birdman

the remaining interested players:

17. mws
18. bigAT
19. nyprimus
20. storybook
21. dark faze
22. bigjohnnson
23. nightz
24. thecrow
25. azwethinkweiz

i also have PM's out to gunstar and hgplayer but haven't been told they are for sure interested.

also this isn't a final list where i'm saying these are the people in. i'm trying my best not to sound like a douchebag saying "well these these and these people are in". i'll talk about the league roster with my trusted co-commishes and sister league commishes (sisters forever airbrian and smokey!)

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Just wait and see who you get before making any strategies :lol
Wait and see if you even make the first cut! As it stands your team 33 0r 34 :/

DCX

if the past is anything to go by, someone is going to say they don't want to play (personal reasons or they just don't like the game) or someone will quit midway through the first season.

i'm going to try to get the best roster of 32 that i can. i also have to re-visit some players on the list from a dramarama angle and see what we should do about that :/

Rorschach

Stuff I noticed from the videos:
- HS stumbling animation still there
- Wildcat owned by blitz :D
- Fatigue more noticeable
- Player shouts "Screen, screen, screen!" during a screen, but not during the second one
- Every time I see QB dive used, it's still money even with someone like Collins
- Does every team have the WildCat? :|
- Oak Playbook doesn't look anything like Oak playbook :|
- Players in the wrong position/side ... hope they don't penalize me for correcting their mistakes
- JRuss not only throws inaccurately, but he hangs it up there... he should at least have some zip on the ball. :[
- Mitchell sighting!!
On special teams
- Kelly gets "6th year with oakland" instead of actual achievements lol

After looking at the ratings, I think I'll just start planning out my draft for next season. :lol

A few of my players are way underrated and in some of the most important positions. My overrated players are useless!

I hope we have contracts before the season starts because there are players like Burress up there for the taking.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry about jbusts accuracy rors :(
It was expected. :/

Wellington said:
Russell and Justin Fargas will be 95+ in season 2.
They don't go up that much and I think those two have low POT ratings. :'( Also, I don't think I'll do that well unless someone gives me an OL. :(

Striker said:
There is sub-packaging in this, right? Think back to '04 and '05 Madden where you could put other ends at DT in nickel or dime packages, or if you played 3-4, put your OLB at end in nickel or dime. I had thought there is, but want to make sure .
You can do some of that. Moore does some of it manually in the video. The drawback is that their ratings go down because they're not supposed to be in that position.

FMT does it look like there are any other Dolphins lifelongers?

I am going to NYC in a week for a few days to find an apartment and then I'm returning about a week later for good. I don't know what my internets will be like but I hope it's not like the way Hunte.....Charsace's was early in the 2k stages when he was a disconnect machine!

ps chars, dood you got bitched in our 2k match the other night and it would have been an even bigger lead if 2k wasn't trying to let you win!

charsace

ph33nix said:
FMT does it look like there are any other Dolphins lifelongers?

I am going to NYC in a week for a few days to find an apartment and then I'm returning about a week later for good. I don't know what my internets will be like but I hope it's not like the way Hunte.....Charsace's was early in the 2k stages when he was a disconnect machine!

ps chars, dood you got bitched in our 2k match the other night and it would have been an even bigger lead if 2k wasn't trying to let you win!
Keep talking I'm going to be your oppressor in gaf leagues. DCX too don't think I forgot fucker.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
Keep talking I'm going to be your oppressor in gaf leagues. DCX too don't think I forgot fucker.
:lol :lol :lol

YouMad.jpg

youstillmad.jpg

maodkaabn.jpg

kobe.png

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

DCX

one thing i'm still bummed about is the pursuit angles are still off with the CPU. it's better this year, but look at the raiders/panthers game and you can see the pursuit angles aren't where they should be. instead of going from point A to point B, the CPU defenders somethings go from point A to point 1A then to point B.

still looks good overall though and they've improved most of the other problems i had from last year.

p.s. and i looked at those rosters.... wtf @ the bucs QB ratings? you're telling me that every QB on the bucs roster is better than shaun hill? what have any of those qb's done? fine, rate josh freeman above him cause he was a first round pick, but why do byron leftwich and mccown have 70+ ratings!?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
one thing i'm still bummed about is the pursuit angles are still off with the CPU. it's better this year, but look at the raiders/panthers game and you can see the pursuit angles aren't where they should be. instead of going from point A to point B, the CPU defenders somethings go from point A to point 1A then to point B.

still looks good overall though and they've improved most of the other problems i had from last year.

p.s. and i looked at those rosters.... wtf @ the bucs QB ratings? you're telling me that every QB on the bucs roster is better than shaun hill? what have any of those qb's done? fine, rate josh freeman above him cause he was a first round pick, but why do byron leftwich and mccown have 70+ ratings!?
QB S. Hill 69
QB A. Smith 67
QB N. Davis 64
QB D. Huard 58

vs

jeff_garcia2%5B1%5D.jpg

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
Is it too late for me to make my claim as a liflong Saints fan?

EDIT: Damn you MWS!!! Should've refreshed the page 1st
Lifelong Saints fan? :lol It would've been much more believable had you said Patriots or Jets or Cowboys! ;-)

The only reason I would take the Saints is because they were once coached by Ditka (GCOAT).

The only reason I want the Titans is because they're coached by 1985 Super Bowl champion Jeff Fisher!

btw LJ guaranteed has the bills, the only reason i didn't put him in the normal locked in teams is because he said he wasn't sure if he was going to play.

beyond that airbrian/smokey would basically get any of the remaining teams they wanted. anyone who has commished an online league should be afforded that luxury!

and for those who haven't played in an online league before understand that it does take a time commitment not everyone has. i won't stress it as much in madden '10 as i did in the past because if worst came to worst and you had to miss a week, your opponent could play your "auto-pilot" team which would be against the CPU.

still, we are here to play human beings, not machines!

one more thing, if Fair Play doesn't make it in this year (EA is still up in the air if they'll get it in), then i'm going to have to come up with a rule set again. we had some major drama last year in that regard so i'm going to have to come up with something better. luckily we have some options this year (unlike in years past where i was kind of caught between a ballsack and a dildo since who was going to replace someone if i booted them?).

charsace

fmt you know I'll stay in the league once I join unless something serious happens. I don't pretend to be having "problems" if I'm not one of the top guys and then drop.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw LJ guaranteed has the bills, the only reason i didn't put him in the normal locked in teams is because he said he wasn't sure if he was going to play.

beyond that airbrian/smokey would basically get any of the remaining teams they wanted. anyone who has commished an online league should be afforded that luxury!

and for those who haven't played in an online league before understand that it does take a time commitment not everyone has. i won't stress it as much in madden '10 as i did in the past because if worst came to worst and you had to miss a week, your opponent could play your "auto-pilot" team which would be against the CPU.

still, we are here to play human beings, not machines!

one more thing, if Fair Play doesn't make it in this year (EA is still up in the air if they'll get it in), then i'm going to have to come up with a rule set again. we had some major drama last year in that regard so i'm going to have to come up with something better. luckily we have some options this year (unlike in years past where i was kind of caught between a ballsack and a dildo since who was going to replace someone if i booted them?).

I guess that means I'm good to go, right?

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are correct GCQ! who is your squad anyways? panthers?

Yup!

Just a friendly reminder, folks. The NCAA Football '10 Online Dynasty interest page is up! I don't know if FMT is doing an "open" style OD or not, but this one's career orientated so everyone is building a team up (3 stars or under). If you're interested, just post in the thread!

alright, you got the panthers.

GCQ i don't think i'm going to do an NCAA OD this year. i've only heard bad things about the game (roster problems, gameplay problems) and want to wait for some impressions before i jump into an OD. i'd definitely be interested in joining yours though if i do get the game!

charsace

Rorschach said:
The best you can hope for is to see him in the post game shows.
Even though Favre retired he was put in as a legend. I'm sure EA will do the right thing and do the same for Trent.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar lets settle this now. are you actually a seahawks fan?
Seahawks fans don't want to take ownership of the team... it's a sad thing.

Lonestar said:
Doesn't matter, I'm gonna take ______!! HA HAH!
_____ = Pats For shame, Lone. For shame.

charsace said:
Even though Favre retired he was put in as a legend. I'm sure EA will do the right thing and do the same for Trent.
Everyone knew it was a Favre farce. Besides, he was on the cover, so they had to. Also, Trent isn't a legend. :[

Top Bottom