• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

AirBrian

DMczaf said:
Even though that dude leaked the overalls, where the hell have you been? IGN has been doing the daily ratings reveal deal for YEARS. Now ESPN has it.

Seem you and FMT are losing your memory the older you get :(

It's alright, the young Madden League players will carry the torch when you guys leave to start Tiger Woods Golf leagues.
Hey, what's wrong with Tiger Woods Golf? It's fun. :-(

bluemax

Banned
Hey do you guys remember Ben Brinkmann? The dude who was supposed to save 2ks Baseball franchise?

Unless there is someone else named Ben Brinkmann he's apparently a producer for Activision now. I saw his name in the drop down list of people I could send bugs back to at work.

Rorschach said:
Do you want Neal? :p

2eocnjo.jpg

Lorenzo Neal is a large part of why I won that rushing title! There's nothing quite like have a 99 overall Fullback with the run blocking ability to go along with two 90 something offensive linemen who also have the 90 overall and run blocking!

It was like being Shaun Alexander back when Mack Strong was still there! It's fun to run for touchdowns when everyone in front of you has been knocked down!

LiveWire

With Mike Sellers making the Pro Bowl EA will probably make him more of a beast which is perfect. Now I can be like DM and cheese with FB run plays. :)

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Lorenzo Neal is a large part of why I won that rushing title! There's nothing quite like have a 99 overall Fullback with the run blocking ability to go along with two 90 something offensive linemen who also have the 90 overall and run blocking!
Well, he's on the table! Think about it! Although, it would be nice to have a competent FB. Haven't had a decent one in a while.

It was like being Shaun Alexander back when Mack Strong was still there! It's fun to run for touchdowns when everyone in front of you has been knocked down!
:lol If Strong and Hutchinson were still there, I get the feeling Alexander would still be there too.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
If the CPU Colts are owning that much, Luke should go undefeated. If he does worse than that cpu, we ban him from all future leagues!

You know what, I just realized previous trades won't be taken into account, so idiot teams that traded away their future first rounders *cough*BEARS*cough* will not only have their players, but they'll get that pick back. I say MrBob gets forced to give his first rounder to the still unnamed Broncos cheeser.

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Damn if the "waiting list" keeps pilling up we might have enough for a full 16man tourney :lol
This and the fall out will result in GAF Sister Franchise...the minor leagues...not a bad proposition...as a matter of factly, i wouldnt mind playing in both...i'd give up the Falcons in sister league

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
This and the fall out will result in GAF Sister Franchise...the minor leagues...not a bad proposition...as a matter of factly, i wouldnt mind playing in both...i'd give up the Falcons in sister league

DCX
I would gladly take those Falcons.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah....Doing 2 NCAA leagues last year took it's toll. I don't want to do more than the 1 Madden this year.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
How about a Madden franchise, some occasional Tiger, NHL, FIFA and a whole lot of Uncharted 2, BF1943, MW2, and probably Halo3:ODST multiplayer?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still got Batman Arkham Asylum, and I still need to try Red Factions online.

Oh, and this stingy FFXI addiction.

DCX

DCX
Dudes, i'm not asking people to play in both...i just said i would, if you want you can if not then don't. I'm just trying to help the outcasts.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Dudes, i'm not asking people to play in both...i just said i would, if you want you can if not then don't. I'm just trying to help the outcasts.

DCX
We weren't thinking it was a mandate. Even if it was, I doubt anyone would adhere to it. ;b

DCX said:

DCX

I don't think I would play in the "Outcasts League" honestly lol.

GQman2121

Banned
Rorschach said:
You know what, I just realized previous trades won't be taken into account, so idiot teams that traded away their future first rounders *cough*BEARS*cough* will not only have their players, but they'll get that pick back. I say MrBob gets forced to give his first rounder to the still unnamed Broncos cheeser.

Here's the list of trades:

Denver receives Chicago's 1st Rounder--Jay Cutler

San Francisco receives Carolina's 1st Rounder--Everette Brown

Seattle receives Denver's 1st Rounder--Alphonso Smith

Kansas City receives Atlanta's 2nd Rounder--Tony Gonzalez

New England receives Jacksonville's 2nd Rounder--Derek Cox

New England receives Tennessee's 2nd Rounder--Jared Cook

Philadelphia receives Seattle's 3rd Rounder--Deon Butler

Cleveland receives Tampa Bay's 5th Rounder--Kellen Winslow Jr

Denver receives Dallas' 5th Rounder--Montrae Holland

Detroit receives Denver's 5th Rounder--Tom Brandstater

Philadelphia receives New Orlean's 5th Rounder--Thomas Morstead

Tampa Bay receives New England's 5th Rounder--Alex Smith (TE)

Buffalo receives Philadelphia's 6th Rounder--Jason Peters

Carolina receives Oakland's 6th Rounder--Brandon Myers

Miami receives Washington's 6th Rounder--Jason Taylor

Philadelphia receives Indianapolis' 6th Rounder--Pat McAfee

Miami receives Kansas City's 7th Rounder--2009 Seventh Round Pick

New England receives Philadelphia's 7th Rounder--Greg Lewis

New York Jets receive Green Bay's 7th Rounder--Brett Favre

What we're doing in the league I'm in, is the team who received the draft pick is going to select the player in the draft, and the person who holds the pick is going draft him and then cut him in the preseason. It seems like the only work around right now, though I honestly don't see why Tiburon couldn't just patch the game with the proper picks in place. It doesn't seem like that much extra work.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Don't be crazy. No one's gonna want to play that trash. You had me until then, though.

I bet you're really bad at Halo, aren't you Rors? Almost as bad as Luke is at Madden?

Striker

We could do the trade-pick thing like it was done in April, but is it just been told we can't trade picks for picks or even players for picks?

at this point (to my knowledge) you can trade picks for picks, and players for players, but not picks for players. i hope they patch this. it is my #3 most wanted "add" feature behind a salary cap and contracts

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I bet you're really bad at Halo, aren't you Rors? Almost as bad as Luke is at Madden?
Nah, I'm pretty good, actually. ...but that'd be like bragging about winning the Special Olympics..

Oh, and Luke is pretty good at Madden. He's just haunted by the curse like the players before him!

DenogginizerOS said:
I hear Firefight will be worth it.
I heard from a reliable source that Firefight is garbage.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
at this point (to my knowledge) you can trade picks for picks
Yeah, but I was talking about trades already made by those teams. Like the first rounder that the Bears owe the Broncos for next season.

GQman2121 said:
What we're doing in the league I'm in, is the team who received the draft pick is going to select the player in the draft, and the person who holds the pick is going draft him and then cut him in the preseason. It seems like the only work around right now, though I honestly don't see why Tiburon couldn't just patch the game with the proper picks in place. It doesn't seem like that much extra work.
That's what I posted earlier, but the problem is that not everyone will show up. As someone who has been in many fantasy leagues, I'm guessing there will be a 10% show up rate. :p It's really hard to coordinate 32 people. Hell, we have trouble matching up 2. ;)

i had a dream last night that DM was playing rors and complaining about him cheesing because he refused to use accelerated clock. the only other thing i remember is dm had a michael jordan avatar.

wait am i gay now that i'm dreaming of guy on gaf?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i had a dream last night that DM was playing rors and complaining about him cheesing because he refused to use accelerated clock. the only other thing i remember is dm had a michael jordan avatar.

wait am i gay now that i'm dreaming of guy on gaf?

l3755493.jpg

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Just so you know, we're using accelerated clock Rors!
Never! You just want to milk entire quarters per drive! You can go cry to the commish if you don't like it.

I've had dreams about being on GAF. It's not so much gay as it is sad. And I think we've all dreamed about DM. He looks like that guy from Sum41. So dreamy!

Top Bottom