• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Somnia

Wellington said:
I haven't really read much about the game, but from what I understood we couldn't trade for draft picks, is that true?

Fuck man I almost regret being the Giants. I'd love to build a horrible team into a contender.

Ya as of right now you cannot. They claim they can patch that so we'll see.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
I haven't really read much about the game, but from what I understood we couldn't trade for draft picks, is that true?

Fuck man I almost regret being the Giants. I'd love to build a horrible team into a contender.

That is why I picked the Lions.

Also, if I completely suck in Madden 10, I have the excuse of 'It's the Lions!'.

i see we're having some problems with who is "in" and "not in" at this point. i'm going to talk with the commish councel and see what's what and who's who.

it ain't easy bros!

Rorschach

Wellington said:

If you trust the person, you can trade someone and then ask him to pick someone up for you during the draft. We have chat, afterall. Of course, you'd have to trade away some crap player initially and you'd have to hope the guy shows up for the draft.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i see we're having some problems with who is "in" and "not in" at this point. i'm going to talk with the commish councel and see what's what and who's who.

it ain't easy bros!

RoundTableKnights.jpg

DCX

DCX
The only way to settle it is have a tournament with the final few and the rest on the outside looking in. The further you make it, the better shot you got to make it in..one and done and you get to start your own franchise with the left overs...even a newbie can win the whole thing and earn his way in...

DCX

but it shouldn't be about "skill" as far as being in the league. it should be about dependability. i would rather have a person who i know i can depend on vs. a person who has the ability to go 16-0 but doesn't show up.

not saying any people on the outside are flakers but i just don't know. take charsace vs. mws. were both dependable in past leagues? yes. so what is the difference?

maybe i'll do the tournament idea or something, give me some input fellas!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but it shouldn't be about "skill" as far as being in the league. it should be about dependability. i would rather have a person who i know i can depend on vs. a person who has the ability to go 16-0 but doesn't show up.

not saying any people on the outside are flakers but i just don't know. take charsace vs. mws. were both dependable in past leagues? yes. so what is the difference?

maybe i'll do the tournament idea or something, give me some input fellas!

My only point is why am I on the outside at all honestly? I played in the 360 and PS3 league, finishing all my games while others were dropping out like flies left and right. I win the 360 league then can't even get in for the next season? Really? I have to play my way in? Sure, lets do it.

BigAT said:
Are there any people that are "in" that didn't play at all last year or bailed early?

Yes.

I have an idea...

How about the remaining guys "on the bubble" make a short and focused appeal / argument for everyone to see why they should get the final spots (Apprentice Style!).

After the appeals are made, we can do a poll where everyone can cast their vote. Commissioner votes count double.

If confidentiality is a concern, folks can PM their selections, but I'd think public disclose would be the best move .

The tournament idea is a good one assuming skill levels were equal, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

Tough decision FMT, but I'm trying to help with floating out an idea I didn't see mentioned.

fellas trust me it's not easy. usually i am scrambling to GET people to play (i have actually paid for extra copies of madden in the past and sent them to people to play!), so this is something new.

i'm always open for discussion but i'm also putting people down that i've had success in leagues with. it's not a slight at anyone mws but lets take you for example. i have been in one league with you and i played you once in a league game (49ers vs. rams). do you know what you did in that game? you ran the ball every single play. not 80 or 90% of the plays, you ran the ball every single down for the entire game.... in an official league game.

yes, you were "filling in" for the rams but it's stuff like that which also plays a factor. i'm not saying im keeping you out or anyone else at this point. i'm trying to get the most dependable 32 people on the board and i've already had people make cases for you, had people make cases for denogg, had people make cases for bigAT, etc etc. so it's not like i say "well MWS played in last years leagues, adios birdman!" (who finished every game and won it all one year as well)

Rorschach

The AFC West should hold all the cards since we'll be having to play the new Broncos cheeser player the most!

I want the person who is lactose intolerant and has the least amount of life.

Seriously, though, I think some of the people on that list will drop before the season starts. I hope the people who hate the game drop out before the league starts because we'll have plenty of time to play beforehand to see if you like it or not.

I'm sure there will be red rings and real life commitments to attend to as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Are there any people that are "in" that didn't play at all last year or bailed early?
Yes, multiple.

Rorschach said:
I'm sure there will be red rings and real life commitments to attend to as well.

I am girlfriend-less this time around fellows!!!
Do any of you have hot sisters or cousins? :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Yes, multiple.

I am girlfriend-less this time around fellows!!!
Do any of you have hot sisters or cousins? :(

Yes. But i dont let them anywhere near dirty Giant fans

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I have an idea...

How about the remaining guys "on the bubble" make a short and focused appeal / argument for everyone to see why they should get the final spots (Apprentice Style!).

After the appeals are made, we can do a poll where everyone can cast their vote. Commissioner votes count double.

If confidentiality is a concern, folks can PM their selections, but I'd think public disclose would be the best move .

The tournament idea is a good one assuming skill levels were equal, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

Tough decision FMT, but I'm trying to help with floating out an idea I didn't see mentioned.
Could be used as maybe a final word on some cats, but i'd rather they play it out...gives us vets time to scout :p

DCX

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
I have an idea...

Seems like a fine way to deal with anyone controversial.

Thank the RROD gods that my system tanked well before August. Shipping my latest casualty in its coffin when I get home tonight. :lol

Rorschach

Just have them all play in spectator mode. We can sit there and watch them with our clipboards on hand to grade them.

What's the full list of people that want to play, btw? MWS, BigAT, TheCrow, charsace, azwethinkweiz, and ?? I haven't seen nyprimus post in a while and his team is still on the board!

daw840

Aren't we jumping the gun a little here? I mean, the game doesn't even come out for a month or so, we aren't even starting the league until September. Maybe, before everyone gets all hot and heavy about it, we just wait for a while and see how it pans out.

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, you were "filling in" for the rams but it's stuff like that which also plays a factor. i'm not saying im keeping you out or anyone else at this point. i'm trying to get the most dependable 32 people on the board and i've already had people make cases for you, had people make cases for denogg, had people make cases for bigAT, etc etc. so it's not like i say "well MWS played in last years leagues, adios birdman!" (who finished every game and won it all one year as well)

Why'd it have to be my name?!?! :'(

DCX

DCX
FMT, there is only one way to do this...tourney, screw the politics. Win and you're in, simple...no lobbying, no Knight of the Round table E60 bullshit. I remember having to play in a tourney to make it in a league, i beat you FMT, first round! I earned my way in to the point i'm the top Falcon vet now! That's the way it should be!

DCX

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
WTF all the teams are gone? I thought teams would be chosen at the game's release!?!
Don't worry bro, you'll get a chance in a tourney..i need you in this league so do good so i can wax that ass in the league!

DCX

Rorschach

Howabout everyone has to play me instead? I'll be forced to choose between the Pats and Steelers and they can choose from one of 5 teams:

Lions
Rams
Browns
Chiefs
Bengals

Somnia said:
I'm willing to do whatever. Just let me know what's going on!

Same. I would just like to state for the record that I didn't miss a single game in the NCAA league last year and was there until the very end. I also won the national championship one year so it's not like I'm terrible.

and that is why it's so difficult. i'm getting PM's from people saying this person this person and this person were all model league members, i know for a fact people like az are model league members, i just have to make a decision with all that input and i would prefer it come once the game is released. whether that is by a tournament or random or just making a decision with what we have i don't know yet. i don't want people to get the game, be left out and say "F U BRO I ONLY BOUGHT THE GAME TO PLAY IN ONLINE FRANCHISE AND NOW I CAN'T!" but i don't know how else to deal with it!

everyone is recommended and i think everyone interested is a legit player who will show up

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Aren't we jumping the gun a little here? I mean, the game doesn't even come out for a month or so, we aren't even starting the league until September. Maybe, before everyone gets all hot and heavy about it, we just wait for a while and see how it pans out.

I agree. All those spots on that list will not be filled when the game releases. RROD is certainly going to strike before Madden comes out and some people are going to back out. In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have been picking teams this soon, 2 months is a bit early, but that is water under the bridge.

If you are on the outside looking in right now, sit tight, wait for people to drop out because it will happen. It happens every single season.

The flipside of this is the people who are in the league to start the season have a short rope on missing games, delaying the advancing of a week, cheeseball play, etc. We will have multiple people out there ready to take over your team. This is the biggest probabilty for people not in the league now. No way in hell all 32 people are going to be good owners and not miss games, not be MIA for 3 days while the rest of the league waits for them to play their game, etc.

Lastly, FMT, can you mandate that people get AIM, Facebook or something that people can communicate on besides GAF?

DCX

DCX
dskillzhtown said:
I agree. All those spots on that list will not be filled when the game releases. RROD is certainly going to strike before Madden comes out and some people are going to back out. In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have been picking teams this soon, 2 months is a bit early, but that is water under the bridge.

If you are on the outside looking in right now, sit tight, wait for people to drop out because it will happen. It happens every single season.

The flipside of this is the people who are in the league to start the season have a short rope on missing games, delaying the advancing of a week, cheeseball play, etc. We will have multiple people out there ready to take over your team. This is the biggest probabilty for people not in the league now. No way in hell all 32 people are going to be good owners and not miss games, not be MIA for 3 days while the rest of the league waits for them to play their game, etc.

Lastly, FMT, can you mandate that people get AIM, Facebook or something that people can communicate on besides GAF?
Facebook Madden GAF Group get!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
...no

Might as well make it a TWITTER LEAGUE while we're at it.
I'll set up the NeoGAF MAdden Franchise Twitter acoount when i get home. :D Facebookers, set up the Group on Facebook.

DCX

Top Bottom