• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

i would rather buy a new xbox 360 then play on ps3 again!

and how did you get them to fix it free? im on their site and it says its $99 for any non-red lights failure. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would rather buy a new xbox 360 then play on ps3 again!

and how did you get them to fix it free? im on their site and it says its $99 for any non-red lights failure. :(

call and bitch

bluemax

Banned
MWS Natural said:
I loved APF 2K8 but the DB AI was horrendous, the momentum made it hard to control the secondary and it got stupid after awhile playing other high ranked players because all everyone did was run big sets with Earl Campbell. The blocking was great but it was almost too good, I prefer to have at least some penetration by the dline.

If some of you guys still play I would go pick it up since it's so cheap now; really fun game to play.

I swear I had a Gold RB and at least 2 Silver line men and I couldn't run the ball for shit in that game. And I've been at the top of the league for like 3 years in Madden in rushing so it's not like I don't know how to make good use of over rated talent!

I think my strategy was 3 yard and cloud of dust for a few plays and then throw the one cheese pass I had in my play book for a first.

That game was so frustrating. And I agree with the one step and you were done on defense.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
We can form a squad on PSN if you like. Hit me up on here or AIM if you are interested.
Yeah, way better than playing solo. :| I'll add you on PSN.

bluemax said:
I swear I had a Gold RB and at least 2 Silver line men and I couldn't run the ball for shit in that game. And I've been at the top of the league for like 3 years in Madden in rushing so it's not like I don't know how to make good use of over rated talent!

I think my strategy was 3 yard and cloud of dust for a few plays and then throw the one cheese pass I had in my play book for a first.

That game was so frustrating. And I agree with the one step and you were done on defense.
At the top or near the top? ;b

Anyway, your strategy should go out the window. Just mash A with OJ. The end.

bluemax said:

Yeah that's odd man, I only had a silver RB and would easily rush for over 100 a game but teams would always have to keep the safeties back because of my passing game. Earl Campbell or OJ in a big formation with a few good lineman here and there are hard as hell to stop.

GQman2121

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
There is still time to change the league to PS3, right?

I know mine is about to RROD within a month. It is making too much noise not to. So do I get to keep the Lions even if my 360 is dead when the season starts? I will be on my 8th 360 when this one dies.

As far as that problem you are describing, MS took care of a friend of mine who had the same problem free of charge. From what he was told that is another common failure.

Jesus Christ, 8th 360! What the hell is in the air where you live? That is an insane number of systems for one person. I gave up after only two.

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
Jesus Christ, 8th 360! What the hell is in the air where you live? That is an insane number of systems for one person. I gave up after only two.
I had the same number and only 2 were RROD. I have a feeling, knowing my luck, that I'll have a breakdown.

3 dead 360s before we even start. This is gonna be fun. :lol

Wellington said:
This year I am regaining my rushing crown. Sorry Rors!
From my cold, dead hands!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GQman2121 said:

I didn't give up because MS was fixing it for free. When I did sell my working pro to buy an Elite, I went through 3 of them in a week. It was ridiculous, I would buy it, take it home, plug it up and RROD immediately. That happened 2 times, on the 3rd one we hooked it up at the store to see if it worked and it we got a RROD in 2 mins, at the store. So we tried another one and it worked, until last year when I got a RROD for 360 #7.

I have a PS3 so I don't mind it too much, as long as the repairs are free. When I have to start paying, then I will be jumping out.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Yeah, way better than playing solo. :| I'll add you on PSN.

At the top or near the top? ;b

Anyway, your strategy should go out the window. Just mash A with OJ. The end.

I'm pretty sure I was at least top 10 last year. The year before I think I finished second in team rushing to Tennessee and first in individual rushing.

I never said I was great, just good at abusing my over rated OLine and RB.

As for how to play APF, unless I pick it up for like $5 on a whim I'll probably never play it again.

CB3

i remember playing APF like a month or so back cause i picked it up from blockbuster for like 7 bucks. FMT gave me shit for playing it and then i see him playing it like a week later :lol

DMczaf

2cokcnt.jpg

:lol

:(

CB3

The funniest thing about that picture is Michael Clayton. I was begging for the Eagles to draft him and was so pissed after that rookie year. WTF happened :lol :lol :lol :lol

DMczaf

He got a huge ass ego and didn't workout during the offseason after his rookie year, he's been in and out of shape every year since then. I think last year was one of his in-shape years....I think. I don't know :| F HIM.

And we rewarded him with 5 years/$26 mil for doing it :\

CB3

It worked out well for us anyone. I keep on thinking "man we have a great offense this year. Desean, Kevin Curtis is back healthy, Brent Celek, Westbrook, Lesean...."
Literally 5 minutes after i think about that i remember oh shit we got Jeremy Maclin too!

McNabb is going over 4000 yards easy if he can stay healthy

LiveWire

CB3 said:
It worked out well for us anyone. I keep on thinking "man we have a great offense this year. Desean, Kevin Curtis is back healthy, Brent Celek, Westbrook, Lesean...."
Literally 5 minutes after i think about that i remember oh shit we got Jeremy Maclin too!

I know, crazy huh? One more NFC Championship Game loss to put up on the shelf!

CB3

LiveWire said:
I know, crazy huh? One more NFC Championship Game loss to put up on the shelf!

Fun Fact: Jason Campell is actually Donovan's towel boy in the playoffs. He uses them to wipe his crotch then gives it back to Jason

CB3 said:

Can't wait till this season, even though I am concerned at the increased presure on McNabb now. No one can really use the excuse of him not having any weapons around him anymore, I sure hope he can deliver.

CB3

MWS Natural said:
Can't wait till this season, even though I am concerned at the increased presure on McNabb now. No one can really use the excuse of him not having any weapons around him anymore, I sure hope he can deliver.

Im excited about the young players we have that can break out this year.

Stewart Bradley will give a push to the Pro Bowl MLB's this season. Very under the rader with how well he is playing.

I also cant wait to see Brent Celek. He could end up being just a decent TE. But he can also end up being very good. Pro Bowl? Maybe not, but i think he could be on the level right below that. He really showed what he could do when he was getting time late last year. I honestly dont know what the Ravens will do when both Todd Heap and LJ inevitably end up injured :lol

CB3

Singletary admits he nearly made Crabtree cry
Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2009 5:01 PM
49ers coach Mike Singletary admitted on Tuesday that he made his first-round draft pick misty during an offseason OTA session.

Specifically, Singletary told Dan Patrick that rookie wideout Michael Crabtree was jogging on the practice field, despite not being cleared by doctors to participate. (Crabtree had surgery in March to repair a stress fracture in his foot.) So Singeltary told Crabtree to knock it off.

As Singletary explains it, Crabtree became "teary-eyed" because he really wanted to play.

But based on the explanation Singletary offered in the wake of the incident, we think the reality is that it was what Singletary said, and how he said it, that provoked the hurt bunny response from Crabtree.

If so, it should be interesting to see how Crabtree responds to getting busted in the chops by one of the truly tough guys who patrol NFL secondaries. Or, alternatively, to being called mean names by far men far meaner than Singletary.

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

youtube-glen-davis-cries-after-garnett-yells-at-him.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
While that sounds funny, seems to me he's crying for the right reason. Screw this injury, I want to play!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't hate because your team is going to be garbage this year and your head coach is on his way out!

Yes. my playoff team is garbage. Keep trying to remember the glory days with JGar and TO and Julian Peterson. Those memories keep slowly fading. Meanwhile the only time the 9ers make the headlines is when your coach makes one of your soft ass players cry like a bitch

CB3 said:
Yes. my playoff team is garbage. Keep trying to remember the glory days with JGar and TO and Julian Peterson. Those memories keep slowly fading. Meanwhile the only time the 9ers make the headlines is when your coach makes one of your soft ass players cry like a bitch

you only made the playoffs because a bunch of teams choked. that won't happen this year and you guys won't make the playoffs. reid and mcribb were out if you didn't get lucky as shit and quality..... then of course typical eagles don't show up in the NFC championship game.

meanwhile singletary is going to take our team to the championship. suck it down loser and watch how a real coach prepares for gameday (and no its not by eating a case of malomars)

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you only made the playoffs because a bunch of teams choked. that won't happen this year and you guys won't make the playoffs. reid and mcribb were out if you didn't get lucky as shit and quality..... then of course typical eagles don't show up in the NFC championship game.

meanwhile singletary is going to take our team to the championship. suck it down loser and watch how a real coach prepares for gameday (and no its not by eating a case of malomars)

uh huh yep. Cardinals were lucky Westy was hurt and we didnt have shit to back him. We will run through the league this year.

BTW dont forget our avatar bet. Your gonna have shirtless Donovan for a while!

uh huh yep. Cardinals were lucky Westy was hurt and we didnt have shit to back him. We will run through the league this year.

you'll forever be remembered as the team who let the fucking ARIZONA CARDINALS reach the superbowl. that's right, a gajillion years of ineptitude that was cured by the philly eagles, the biggest choke artists of this decade and of the all time if the buffalo bills of the early 90's didn't exist

CB3

at San Francisco 49ers Candlestick Park W, 23-13
SAN FRANCISCO 49ers Univ. Of Phoenix Stadium W, 29-24

They wouldnt even be in the playoffs if you fucks did your job and stop being a complete and udder failure of a team every year for the past 7 years or so

Mrbob

Always the hopeful optimist!

You feel the winds of change in fortunes before every season. :lol

Too bad you guys dont have superstud jcut tossing the ball around! Oh and it would help if you had a real head coach too!

Mrbob said:
Always the hopeful optimist!

You feel the winds of change in fortunes before every season. :lol

Too bad you guys dont have superstud jcut tossing the ball around! Oh and it would help if you had a real head coach too!

jpout ain't doing shit. he's just a very expensive bust for you.

and i think if ANY team in the NFL would benefit from a good coaching staff it is the bears. lovie smith is a complete and total pussy. can't make up his mind about his QB's in years past, doesn't stick up for his players, poor gameplanning in big games. he should have already been fired but his aging defense helped to a few extra wins against bad teams which made your record look better than you were. he'll be gone after this season, you can count on that!

CB3

nfl7.jpg

Do You Remember
Back In The Fall
We'd Be Together
All Day Long
Do You Remember
Us Holding Hands
In Each Other's Eyes
We'd Stare
(Tell Me)

Do You Remember The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time
When We First Met
Do You Remember The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time

CB3

Im actually getting JGar to back up Donovan for this stud

kolb-eagles.jpg

The Raiders finally have a QB!

Rorschach

You can have JGar, but you have to make the playoffs and take care of DM!

DMczaf said:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2cokcnt.jpg
:lol They unveiled DMBall 2.0 too early!

bluemax said:
I'm pretty sure I was at least top 10 last year. The year before I think I finished second in team rushing to Tennessee and first in individual rushing.

I never said I was great, just good at abusing my over rated OLine and RB.
Ah, I thought you meant the very top (#1). Yeah, you were top 10 (8th overall).

SMOKE

Banned
Been a niner all my life and have a rare blood type of burgandy and gold str8 from the heart.

Singletary has us back on track and if it doesnt work out in in real life this season, then it will in madden baby!!!:D

CB3

They have to come out of the closet in this thread because they are too embarassed to do it in the actual NFL thread

SMOKE

Banned
CB3 said:
They have to come out of the closet in this thread because they are too embarassed to do it in the actual NFL thread

Ha! That was a good one butijustgothereso i will be there soon enough...

Oh wait, thats what happens when you try to type with ALL 4 SB RINGS ON ONE HAND!!!
:D

CB3

Oh funny. I actually thought "butijustgothereso" was your new QB no one has ever heard of that 9ers fans will blindly pimp but will turn out to be shit

JT_O_Sullivan_81967687.jpg

haters gonna hate!

the 2nd best qb in our franchises history is a billion times better than the best qb in eagles franchise history.

can't wait till mcribb goes down and you guys are looking to kolb to lead you :lol

Top Bottom