• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

I knew it was too good to be true...The spirit of League Daddy lives on through convoluted free agency points formulas and systems!!! :lol

DMczaf

Byron Leftwich is officially on the block

byron.leftwich1.jpg

You know you want dem tities!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I will pay even MORE than he will for Dawk... then proceed to bench his old ass.

you see that MWS. You get good pieces AND you screw over CK by making him deal with dawk 2 (More than likely 3) times a season. DO IT

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Byron Leftwich is officially on the block

byron.leftwich1.jpg

You know you want dem tities!
Yawn. Little pokies.

I want these tig ol' bitties!

rqyzw5.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there's only two people i need to reunite....

rors and LJ11, only you can make it happen!
I'll definitely make half of that happen.

bluemax

Banned
Totally random but at work I'm helping port a game from Wii to PS2, and this particular game is something like the fourth game in the series. The original developer happened to be based in Wisconsin. Anywho imagine what I thought when I saw the following line of code as pretty much the only actual line of code in an old unused function:

int favre = 4;

At first I was like "ugh another awful typo by these guys." and then it hit me. Anywho pretty meaningless but I had to share it with people who would actually get it.

selective arguments. i have played APF a decent amount lately (it's all i got at home!) and the game has a lot of problems. I didn't watch that video, but if it's from the apex guy i already know what his story is.

APF feels very scripted from beginning to end on each play, that's the only way i can really described it. the AI is also really bad in spots (maybe on purpose to make your non-star players idiots) and the game just doesn't feel fluid. there is TOO much momentum and you are punished too much for throwing on the run.

not saying madden is perfect or ever will be because we know the problems with madden. but madden 08 >>> APF 2k8, and madden 09 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> apf 2k8.

you can take any play or series of plays out of context and say that is the norm, but it isn't. both games have problems and are unrealistic at times.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
selective arguments. i have played APF a decent amount lately (it's all i got at home!) and the game has a lot of problems. I didn't watch that video, but if it's from the apex guy i already know what his story is.

APF feels very scripted from beginning to end on each play, that's the only way i can really described it. the AI is also really bad in spots (maybe on purpose to make your non-star players idiots) and the game just doesn't feel fluid. there is TOO much momentum and you are punished too much for throwing on the run.

not saying madden is perfect or ever will be because we know the problems with madden. but madden 08 >>> APF 2k8, and madden 09 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> apf 2k8.

you can take any play or series of plays out of context and say that is the norm, but it isn't. both games have problems and are unrealistic at times.

Ugh, trying to play defense in APF2K8's momentum was a nightmare. If you took ONE step away from the play, you were done.

I remember laughing at Rors when he would try to throw on the run and the game would send him into a 5 second animation that would 99% of the time lead to a sack :lol

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Ugh, trying to play defense in APF2K8's momentum was a nightmare. If you took ONE step away from the play, you were done.

I remember laughing at Rors when he would try to throw on the run and the game would send him into a 5 second animation that would 99% of the time lead to a sack :lol
Even throwing from the pocket was impossible. That's why I kept running out. That was my first game, so I was yelling at you asking you how to throw because I wasn't sure. "Which button is it?! Do I need to push two buttons?!" Maybe it was that QB...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but madden 08 >>> APF 2k8, and madden 09 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> apf 2k8.
This makes no sense.

LJ11

You see running plays executed in '09 like the APF video, but it doesn't happen very often. The fullback blocked much better in '08 vs '09. With regards to WR run blocking in Madden, it's insane how effective a motioned WR is. When the ball is snapped, with a WR in motion near a LT/RT, the DE/OLB is getting blocked so easily. Had someone do it to me in the Xbox league, felt impossible to defend without putting the DE's in contain.

GQman2121 said:
What do you guys think about these two videos breaking down the AI from last years Madden, to APF 2k8? I think the guy is making a pretty compelling argument because we can all relate to situations where this has happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1exv09krM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8oMyLhYhw

I loved APF 2K8 but the DB AI was horrendous, the momentum made it hard to control the secondary and it got stupid after awhile playing other high ranked players because all everyone did was run big sets with Earl Campbell. The blocking was great but it was almost too good, I prefer to have at least some penetration by the dline.

If some of you guys still play I would go pick it up since it's so cheap now; really fun game to play.

Birdman02

MWS Natural said:
If some of you guys still play I would go pick it up since it's so cheap now; really fun game to play.

I still have it, but I hardly play it anymore. I was still in leagues until around March this year. It's the only football game that ever lasted me more than 1 football season. I know there are actually a couple of decent leagues still going on the 2k boards.

Striker

Old? WR/CB jostling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAd5...osts/list/259015.page&feature=player_embedded

Also, wtf.

- Does placing a player on Injured Reserve free up that player's roster spot- Don't think so
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/246328.page

If injuries happen, and possibly season ending ones, we can't add anybody unless we cut another positional player (which impacts depth and "minimum" players for the respective position).

I didn't play Madden '08 Franchise much at all and did not purchase Madden '09. Was this like that?

DMczaf

Tiburon having fun with the achievements (Ian was in charge of this as well I think)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/madden-nfl-10/achievements/

Sprint 2 Minute Drill 30
Win after being behind in the final 2 minutes of a game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

All Day No Way 40
Record 3 tackles for a loss on Adrian Peterson. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Buzzkill 40
Intercept a pass intended for Randy Moss. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Fight for the Fumble 30
Win possession of the ball after a fumble pile-up. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

From Me To You 40
Complete a pass for a TD with your partner in an Online Co-op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Frozen Tundra 30
Win at Lambeau Field in freezing weather. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

The Gang's All Here 50
Trigger a gang tackle with 7+ players. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Go Back to Basketball 40
Tackle Antonio Gates inside the 5 yard line. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Go Bag Some Groceries 40
Force Kurt Warner to fumble on a sack. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Have to Be This Tall to Ride 40
Stiff arm or juke Bob Sanders. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Hey Buddy! 50
Complete a lateral with your partner in an Online Co-Op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Larry Stickyfingers 40
Get 10 user catches (no drops) with Larry Fitzgerald. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Laser Arm? 40
Intercept Peyton Manning 3 times. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Look what I found! 80
Win a fumble pile-up in the end zone for a TD. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Mr. Not-So-Perfect 40
Intercept a Tom Brady pass. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Nano 50
Sack the QB before he can hand the ball off. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Nothing Without the Dark Visor 40
Force a LaDanian Tomlinson fumble. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Pocket Monster 80
Stay in the pocket for at least 10 seconds. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Super Bowl MVP-like 50
Catch a TD to take the lead with under 30 seconds left. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Why Can’t We Be Friends? 75
Complete an online Co-Op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Wounded Duck 50
Complete a pass to an unintended receiver. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
soo... do one of you wanna make a Fantasy Football thread? i figure it gives us a month or so to set the league, draft day ect...

Or we could just use this thread for now since most people here play FF anyway. Making a seperate thread makes everything very confusing. Im sure we could get 2 leagues out of the people here alone.

If that were the case i wouldnt mind organizing the people here

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
soo... do one of you wanna make a Fantasy Football thread? i figure it gives us a month or so to set the league, draft day ect...

Or we could just use this thread for now since most people here play FF anyway. Making a seperate thread makes everything very confusing. Im sure we could get 2 leagues out of the people here alone.

If that were the case i wouldnt mind organizing the people here
Do it up!

DCX

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's why it's worth 50 points, because nano blitzing is out this year (or so they say!) ;)
There's an e3 video that DM showed me where one guy does it over and over.

And I have BF1943, but for PSN. :\

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
There's an e3 video that DM showed me where one guy does it over and over.

And I have BF1943, but for PSN. :\
We can form a squad on PSN if you like. Hit me up on here or AIM if you are interested.

how nice of my 360 to crap out a month BEFORE madden comes out! well, i wouldn't say crap out, sometimes when i turn it on now it says "reading disk..." then "open tray". it won't recognize any CD's or DVD's in the drive. then i turn it back off and on again and it works. anyone had this happen to them?

i can guarantee MS isn't going to cover for this free of charge, but how much does it cost to fix and am i just better off buying a new one (again)?

the problem with that is when they test the system it's a crap shoot on whether it's going to work for them or not. then if it doesn't i'll look like a scumbag for trying to trade in a faulty system!

MS wants $100 to repair it. guess i gots to bite the bullet :(

oh yeah i also wanted to give the league a heads up that i'll be gone opening weekend of the NFL season (in arizona), sept 21-25 (in hawaii), and then the first weekend of october in vegas.... thumbs up for co-commishes!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how nice of my 360 to crap out a month BEFORE madden comes out! well, i wouldn't say crap out, sometimes when i turn it on now it says "reading disk..." then "open tray". it won't recognize any CD's or DVD's in the drive. then i turn it back off and on again and it works. anyone had this happen to them?

i can guarantee MS isn't going to cover for this free of charge, but how much does it cost to fix and am i just better off buying a new one (again)?

Karma.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

There is still time to change the league to PS3, right?

I know mine is about to RROD within a month. It is making too much noise not to. So do I get to keep the Lions even if my 360 is dead when the season starts? I will be on my 8th 360 when this one dies.

As far as that problem you are describing, MS took care of a friend of mine who had the same problem free of charge. From what he was told that is another common failure.

Top Bottom