• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

DCX

DCX
WTF is this shit?!?!?!

Please do not try to download the demo before 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23. Doing so will result in an error message and could possibly deactivate your demo code. Anytime after 9:00 pm on Thursday July 23 you may follow the instructions below to download your Madden NFL 10 Demo.

1. Turn on your new NCAA Football 10 video game.
2. Select TeamBuilder from the main menu.
3. When prompted, input the redeem code below.
4. Create a new customized team!

Ummm...this better not be the way to download my demo, if so fuck that!

DCX

DCX said:
WTF is this shit?!?!?!

Ummm...this better not be the way to download my demo, if so fuck that!

DCX

I think it was a misprint from where they used the same email as the NCAA pre-order bonus but just neglected to edit that part out.

WTF 360 freezes every time on boot up now...just a few days away from Madden 10 demo NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll have to get the PS3 version I guess =(

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what do you got for me DM! huh!

Your defeat in the playoffs. Free of charge!

Edit: This is only a test! Big John is testing us, to see if we are strong enough to stay away from the downgrade of a PS3 League!

Stay strong!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pfffttt FMT owes me Burnout Paradise, I gave him a whole bunch of shit back in the day for only Curse of the Bloody Period or Siren or whatever it's called.

Also I will completely go nuts, Micheal Keaton Batman style if the 360 league dies causes of red rings.

I'm so sick of going back and forth cause of this bs.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
RROD is closing in. exactly what was happening on my 360 before i sent it in for the RROD a year or so ago

I just wrapped it in a towel and going to see if I can RROD it tonight. Worst case scenario I'll have to get a swap done, just don't feel like spending money.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cool, thanks.

haha since I have my PS3 to auto connect me to the PSN, I don't remember my password either. I wonder how you recover it :\ For future sharing I'm going to need to remember it just so I can change it...ugh

Rorschach

I already have Paradise, but we should all play sometime!

[edit] Don't you just make a dummy account for sharing? They're free! Make as many as you want amirite?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ive had burnout pretty much since they released it on PSN. Never played online :lol

I really didnt even play it until they released all the patches and updates. I only ever play it when i have nothing else to do. Its my last hope usually

Rorschach

I've never played it online either... :|

I figured by the time I got in, everyone would know the shortcuts and whatnot or the community would have moved on anyway.

CB3

I dont really like arcade racers online. Project Gotham and Rally Sport Challenge was my shit though. I think i have experiences with a few of you in both :lol :lol

*Queue in Lonestar*

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:
I own Paradise and would love to get some games going, i haven't played online yet :p

DCX

I have it on PS3 and 360. It is fun online as it is just a pack of gamers doing activity after activity.

I left a towel wrapped around it all last night and managed to RROD my Elite. Thinking about getting a local guy to fix it instead of sending it in to MS though. It's only $40 and I really don't want to be forced to get the PS3 version.

DMczaf

Why the hell does 1up have a sports podcast?

I tried listening to the latest one because they had a build of Madden. Here are his complete impressions:

-Pocket is nice....I think....kinda. I get sacked when I stay in it for a long time

-I don't know about gang tackling....uh....because Jamal Lewis can break tackles. I don't get it.

-The game is slower.

-Insert random shit about 2 games from his Broncos franchise.

Great stuff!

The Complete Madden NFL 2010 Rundown

Pro-Tak Animation Technology

Procedural tackle animations
Steerable tackles
Three to nine man gang tackles
Ability to use R-stick to break out of existing tackles to get ball carrier
Pile-Ups; Fight for the Fumble - Mini game/QTE used when there’s a pile up during a fumble.
Procedural Awareness/Emotions
QB Play Improvements

QB Pressure/Avoidance System (”When your quarterback is under pressure, your controller will rumble. When you feel that pressure, you can flick the right stick and do an avoidance move.”)
Changes to QB drop back (”For instance, in plays that utilize a three-step drop, that animation will play out before you have control of the quarterback’s movements.”)
Actual Pockets
New QB ratings
More realistic/precise animations of QBs passing
Ability to toss the ball during sack animations (w/ sack power determining quality of toss)
All new QB drop animations
Lowered pass speeds globally; fixed “moon ball” trajectory
New QB Sneak system (fixed effectiveness)
QB Throw Styles (over 30/adjustable)
WR/DB Play Improvements

WR/DB Jostling (using body to keep receiver in check)
Wrap Swats
Extended chuck animation time
Removed all animation compression on chucks
Fixed issue where players wouldn’t align properly during the chuck animation; caused clipping
Fixed “suction” bug where press animations could start from 5 yards away
Fixed a bug with zone / man chuck animations
Re-factored the logic for win/loss on chucks based on the route the receiver wants to run
Chucks can now start from stand
Improved Pursuit Angles
Return of Defensive Assignments (Defensive Playmaker)
Better Sideline catching (WRs don’t go out of bounds when catching passes near the sideline)
WRs will make bigger strides to try and get the ball
Tipped passes
Better defensive steering/manipulation
Defensive Assist
Route Running Improvements:
slip & fall receiver cut moves in bad weather (chances of slipping come from route running ratings)
Re-factored all double moves to work correctly, including defensive cut moves that are companions to the WR cuts (chances of defender biting come from man coverage rating, play recognition rating, as well as boosts for correctly timed pump fakes)
Added all new start play WR animations w/ more realistic acceleration
Added “pop” animations where say a LB will hit a WR as he comes across the middle through his zone
Overall Running Game Improvements

Reduced tolerance (i.e. yards away) for a defender to tackle a ballcarrier
New blocking (50+ new block animations; Added the ability for the blocker to turn and seal a run hole or a backside defender; Added the ability for the blocker to drive a defender in a direction relative to the run hole)
New running animations
Improvement to players disengage
Improved turn rates for offense/defense
Better/more realistic OL openings
Player momentum and inertia physics
Assists and Half-Sacks
Signature Kick Styles
Better spin/juke animations
Ability to Drag Players
35 new formations and over 1000 new plays (Wildcat Fromation, 4-4 Defense, Gun Wing Trips Wk-Stutter Curl Seam, Nickel Odd Split-Cover 3,
Flash Trio, 3-4 Predator, etc.)
Improved Fatigue (”A player’s “reservoir” shrinks based on how much effort he exerts on every play.”)
Improvements to Online

Online Co-op (2 players vs. CPU)
Online Franchise (Full stats, full transactions, “you and up to 31 of your closest friends,” full access via your console, computer, iPhone/iPod Touch apps, cell phone, etc. Full NFL Scheduling, full rosters, full stat, full team management)
Hit Stick (3.0?)- Improved hit stick based on physics that’ll have a greater risk involved when using it. Because of pro-tak, you’ll be able to hitstick piles and existing tackles.
New Penalties [such as illegal forward pass, late hits on QB's, as well as late hits out of bounds]
CPU Playcalling Improvements

“To accomplish this, we used our Play Designer tool to totally re-vamp the “AI Groups” to change the way the CPU calls their plays. An “AI Group” is basically the same exact concept of a bucket of plays a team takes into the game geared around game situations. These situations include all the normal football situations like 1st and 10, 2nd Short/Medium/Long, 3rd and Short/Medium/Long, 4th and Short/Medium/Long, Goal Line, and many others. The AI Groups also cover all the “Special” situations like Special Teams plays, QB Kneel Downs, Conserve time (No-Huddle plays), Waste Time (when CPU is ahead and tries to run the clock out), and Hail Mary calls. In previous years, you’d see a much more generic smattering of plays in an AI Group - many of them would be balanced right down the middle between run and pass across all plays. ”
“Let’s pick the Vikings for example. After researching the Vikings by watching all 16 regular season games, we found that out of 440 total first down plays, 271 (62%) were runs… We set the Overall Run percentage in Madden NFL 10 to that exact number. Of the 271 run plays, 64 runs were outside (22%). So 78% of the time in Madden NFL 10, you can expect the Vikings to be bringing it downhill right into your face.”
Adaptive AI

AI changes accordingly to users picking certain plays over and over
“Money Plays” are almost impossible
“Having individual defenders make realtime adjustments meant that we could implement Adaptive AI for online and head-to-head play as well (i.e. not just for the CPU players).”
Number of same exact plays ran before the AI adjusts is based on difficulty level
Lowered global game speed + added game speed slider

New slider for “speed difference”; used the ratings ranges for player speeds
Ratings are getting stretched out; “…the game feels more sim than ever before”

Elusiveness rating has been toned down and has received a major overhaul for non-ball carrying positions, especially defensive players.
The elite guys, they’re safe. Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, guys like that are going to be saved. But the average guy is certainly going to come down. Guys in the 70s are now average. You may even see some guys in the 40s. And the gameplay impact is absolutely huge. Now the teams actually feel like they have a personality. When you’re playing as a team like the 49ers who don’t have that elite quarterback, you’re going to have a hard time throwing the ball. It’s going to feel like you have a problem at that position, and that’s a great change.”
Updated Graphics/Art

Improved Player Models
Improved Self Shadowing
New Depth of Field (matches real world cameras)
Single Digit Helmet #s
Colored Cleats
Super Bowl Patches
Custom Super Bowl Fields
(Team specific end zones, midfield logos, and player boxes that are dynamically configured whether you are reliving Super Bowl XLIII, or in year 30 of your franchise)
Towels (fully animate)
Hand warmers
Referees on the Field (all 7 w/ animations of hand signals for TD, safeties, run clock, etc. )
Iridescent Helmets
Chain Gang on the Sidelines
Captains Patches issues fixed
Secondary Color Equipment
Better Nameplates
AFL Throwbacks
Clubs/Taped up parts for hurt players
Improved colors/lighting
New Injury System

Choose whether or not to keep players in
Harder/more painful injuries
Injuries affect player ratings
Progressive Injuries/Risk of re-injury
Players show that they are hurt with in-game injury animations like limping
Re-injury risk is increased for online and play now games
Recreation of nearly every single injury type; replacing unrealistic legacy injuries like “bursitis” and “dehydration” w/ new ones
Superstar Mode Improvements

More streamlined/straightforward experience (ex.: no mini games for ratings)
Better HOF logic
Franchise Mode reboot with help of Head Coach ‘09 team

All coaches in Franchise mode have been re-rated and been set to act more true-to-life in terms of how they act on 4th down, specifically related to fakes and going for it.
Better/easier interface
Smarter player signing logic
Better/more scouting comments
Better draft logic
New Draft Classes
Progression improvements (”Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed. Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. We’re talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year. Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.”); elite coaches can effect player progression
Better retirement logic / Players can become coaches after retirement
Better scheduling (ex.: no more 4 straight Monday night games)
Presentation Improvements

NFL Total Access Presentation w/ Fran Charles & Alex Flanagan
Weekly Wrap Up Show called “The Extra Point” (Franchise)
Halftime/Post Game Show (Both have a recap of stats, video highlights with banners, and some commentary along with different cut scenes)
Fans tailgating and at concession stands
Improved replays w/ no framerate drop
Super Bowl is getting better presentation
USAF Thunderbirds/ Ntnl. Anthem (along w/ super bowl art)
Pre-Game Warm-Up
New/Improved Commentary
New/Improved Stat Banners (much more detailed showing more in game stats and records)
New Score Bug w/ real time info
Backtrack improvements (showing up in better instances)
Multiple Cutscenes [over 100 showing player training, injuries (showing players go onto injury cart), refs bringing out the chains, fans, etc.]
New Injury Report Interface
500 new pre/post play cameras (w/ weather effects on lens)
Improvements to camera flashes (rate depended on game)
Improved Crowd Noise & Chatter (volume adjusts based on what happens in game)
“Pure Football Feel”

Player Weapons and Madden IQ on screen graphics are completley gone; Pre-Play controls are set to off by default
4 Player Offline Co-op
Madden Shop (info about it TBA)
Mix/Match Uniforms (jerseys, helmets, socks, etc.; 3D preview of the uniform to see how it looks instead of just having the front view like in previous years)
Accelerated Clock
New Gameplay Camera Angles:

Zoom
Wide
New menus that are easier to navigate/ user friendly:

removal of ring builder
Customization/slider menus
Return of last gen layout playbooks
Loading screens w/ player rating info
Information compiled by Brad/BGamer. Adding more as it becomes available.

:(

i think one of the biggest additions is the accelerated clock which is relative (i.e. game clock stops moving once the play clock gets to a certain point). that is basically going to eliminate any possibility of milking the clock excessively and punishing us for playing 6 min quarters. it is also going to improve the reaslim of our stats as we're going to get more plays in per game.

DMczaf

removal of ring builder

There goes Tiburon, removing features so we have to pay for them later!

F U JOHN! Give me my Jostens code so I can buy my Madden ring!

1131760313_1cd32d6d74.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DMczaf said:
Why the hell does 1up have a sports podcast?

I tried listening to the latest one because they had a build of Madden. Here are his complete impressions:

-Pocket is nice....I think....kinda. I get sacked when I stay in it for a long time

-I don't know about gang tackling....uh....because Jamal Lewis can break tackles. I don't get it.

-The game is slower.

-Insert random shit about 2 games from his Broncos franchise.

Great stuff!

It started out as a good podcast about sports games, but now has turned into a comedy show with light sports game talk thrown in. I think the downfall started when they kept trying to do shows when there were no sports games out. So they had to improvise and talk about other crap. I still like the show (though I haven't listened in forever), but as a resource about sports games...you can do alot better.

Adaptive AI

AI changes accordingly to users picking certain plays over and over
“Money Plays” are almost impossible
“Having individual defenders make realtime adjustments meant that we could implement Adaptive AI for online and head-to-head play as well (i.e. not just for the CPU players).”
Number of same exact plays ran before the AI adjusts is based on difficulty level
Lowered global game speed + added game speed slider

This is my favorite part of the additions. It seems they are getting closer to the point of each player having it's own AI and acting accordingly.

I picked up my demo card yesterday at GS. They hadn't even opened the freaking box that they came in. so I had to stand up there for 15 minutes while they looked for it. I swear that location never has a clue about pre-order bonuses or sales.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
I dont really like arcade racers online. Project Gotham and Rally Sport Challenge was my shit though. I think i have experiences with a few of you in both :lol :lol

*Queue in Lonestar*

I was out doing stuff yesterday!

pic_12140734432555.jpg

CB3

:lol

Somewhere in that Essay of text does it say we can use Alternate uniforms online?

I swear if we go another year without that i will kill someone

DMczaf

CB3 said:
:lol

Somewhere in that Essay of text does it say we can use Alternate uniforms online?

I swear if we go another year without that i will kill someone

You can mix-and-match your uniform. You get to choose which helmet, jersey, pants and shoes. I think gloves too. You also get a player model on screen so you can see what it looks like.

Edit: Found the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbr5AyILV8A

CB3

DMczaf said:
You can mix-and-match your uniform. You get to choose which helmet, jersey, pants and shoes. I think gloves too. You also get a player model on screen so you can see what it looks like.

It didnt say anything about being able to do that online though did it?

CB3

finally!

But im sure some people will take like 15 minutes setting that shit up sometimes

augmental

Do any of you guys know of an EA Sports contact email to send roster suggestions / corrections? ESPN just posted the roster for my beloved Kansas City Chiefs and there are some errors. They might as well make good on their "If it's in the game, it's in the game" motto. Thanks.

Rorschach

augmental said:
Do any of you guys know of an EA Sports contact email to send roster suggestions / corrections? ESPN just posted the roster for my beloved Kansas City Chiefs and there are some errors. They might as well make good on their "If it's in the game, it's in the game" motto. Thanks.
Lots of the rosters on ESPN have mistakes. Those aren't the final ones. What are your complaints, though? I'll pass them along.

[edit]I know Cassel is rated a little too high and Johnson is rated way too high, but that will be fixed by September.

augmental

Rorschach said:
Lots of the rosters on ESPN have mistakes. Those aren't the final ones. What are your complaints, though? I'll pass them along.

[edit]I know Cassel is rated a little too high and Johnson is rated way too high, but that will be fixed by September.

Ah leave Cassel as high as possible, 83 is just fine! LOL! Here are the errors / suggestions for the Madden Kansas City Chiefs roster -

1) Devard Darling is #81 not #89 anymore

2) Ryan Succop (K) needs to be added because he will be starting

3) Mike Brown (S) needs to be added because he will be starting

Many thanks for passing these along!

Rorschach

augmental said:
Ah leave Cassel as high as possible, 83 is just fine! LOL! Here are the errors / suggestions for the Madden Kansas City Chiefs roster -

1) Devard Darling is #81 not #89 anymore

2) Ryan Succop (K) needs to be added because he will be starting

3) Mike Brown (S) needs to be added because he will be starting

Many thanks for passing these along!
Ok, sorry, I was joking but all those additions will probably be made. They still have some people out and in of rosters that shouldn't be. These are from like right after the draft, but they've been releasing them 1 per business day. :|

augmental

Rorschach said:
Ok, sorry, I was joking but all those additions will probably be made. They still have some people out and in of rosters that shouldn't be. These are from like right after the draft, but they've been releasing them 1 per business day. :|

Awesome, thanks for the information it's much appreciated.

daw840

augmental said:

Ahh, a fellow Chiefs fan I see. Get in line for them in this league. Apparently, I lose out on that one even though I actually live in KC.

augmental said:

I was actually talking to my friend that works at EA today, he used to be the one of th lead producers on PS2 madden but they moved him off to work on some "unannouced project" that he won't tell me about =/. Anyways, as Rors said all that will be either fixed before the game ships or the first roster update that goes down.

Top Bottom