• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

daw840

LiveWire said:
Didn't get a chance to play the demo last night, fucking download kept stopping and starting. What is it about XBL demo downloads? Why can it not download without interruption, especially if I decide to play a game?

Very happy to read impressions that the running game is better. Portis should be a beast this season.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think it's because the game connects to XBL, and it would make it lag really badly if it was trying to download and play online. Why it won't work playing single player stuff I don't know.

i'm playing the PS3 version and on replays it looks like they show the entire thing EXCEPT for the last 5 seconds. i had a play with fitzgerald where i caught it in the corner on a nice play and it showed everything up to the point where he comes down with the ball :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm playing the PS3 version and on replays it looks like they show the entire thing EXCEPT for the last 5 seconds. i had a play with fitzgerald where i caught it in the corner on a nice play and it showed everything up to the point where he comes down with the ball :(

PS3? TRAITOR!!!!!!

daw840

dskillzhtown said:
PS3? TRAITOR!!!!!!
angry_mob_simpsons.jpg

Rorschach

That's weird, I get all replays. Including a 104 yard interception and a 102 yard kick return by Breaston (the CPU did the returning T_T).

It was the whole thing, not just 5 seconds and it wasn't missing the last 5 seconds. The only thing it didn't show was celebration. As soon as the ball breaks the plane, it's over.

[edit] This is PS3.

GQman2121

Banned
After playing a few games, I think it's safe to say that this is in fact Madden. They've made some changes and few adjustments, but overall, this is the same game that we all know.

I understand that this is just a demo, but many of the same little quirks are still going to pop up every now and then.

Blockers sliding in the opposite direction to pick up the blitz.

Animations where players are covering more ground than they're legs would have you believe.

Pro-tak not working as well as advertised. I've seen Willie Parker wrapped up by three defenders and a fourth defender coming to finishes things off dives right through the entire group.

It's slower and tweaked, but it's still Madden and right now it's still fun.

Rorschach

Fuck, this game is slow. Even the ball is slow. I can't get a good zip on the ball even with Ben. I guess 93 throw power doesn't mean squat besides distance traveled.

Save me, JRuss!

dskillzhtown

Rorschach said:
Fuck, this game is slow. Even the ball is slow. I can't get a good zip on the ball even with Ben. I guess 93 throw power doesn't mean squat besides distance traveled.

Save me, JRuss!

I have gotten somewhat used to it, but playing NCAA and then playing this is a huge difference.

i like the speed and im getting zip on passes, fitting it in between defenders, etc.

someone on op sports said this is on a 5% slower mode than normal madden will be and that normal madden 10 mode is 5% slower than last years speed.

if that makes sense! while i like the speed, i wouldn't be opposed to bumping it up a tiny bit. but i dont want it like last year!

DMczaf

BigAT said:
What's the reasoning behind running the demo slower than the actual game and not telling anyone?

Because the demo was made back in May. Demos are almost never like the final game with sports games because of that.

I'm sure they have a huge list of changes made since the demo was finished and then when the game went gold last week.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i like the speed and im getting zip on passes, fitting it in between defenders, etc.

someone on op sports said this is on a 5% slower mode than normal madden will be and that normal madden 10 mode is 5% slower than last years speed.

if that makes sense! while i like the speed, i wouldn't be opposed to bumping it up a tiny bit. but i dont want it like last year!
Thank heavens.

Bad coverage, great escape by Holmes:
2lj3rx5.jpg

But wait, it's called back for roughing the passer....on the offense? Wut?
28rvjd.jpg

Horrible MAN coverage:
1zq4mqg.jpg

Ok, fine, I'll call press:
eqbmdh.jpg
WHAT?!

Beanie Wells can't be tackled by one mortal man:
28mn09d.jpg

Barely attempted block lol:
29b0nti.jpg

It's ok, I'll suck you in on the next down!
osh0g1.jpg

Rooflesberger is tired of getting slammed, so he slides in the pocket:
ohivcl.jpg

Sack was still credited to the DL. :D

Man coverage is SHIT against slants down the middle for some reason. If you call press, it won't press that route... And zone coverage is shit because I guess my guys are retarded. They just stand there sometimes like they're playing pee-wee right field.

DMczaf

When did that Apex dude from OS join GAF?

RORS! AKA GIDEON PRIME! AKA TRUF CHASER

Have you made a gif of something that you actually liked yet? :lol

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
When did that Apex dude from OS join GAF?

RORS! AKA GIDEON PRIME! AKA TRUF CHASER

Have you made a gif of something that you actually liked yet? :lol
A few. Like 3 of Beanie Wells! I'm in love! <3 And the fact that I got a sack credit after ben slid inside. That's new! :p

dskillzhtown

Rorschach said:
u guys mad? What was I gonna post gifs of? Me dinking and dunking? Eff that! Moar Beanie incoming!

Post gifs of that great super bowl celebration!!!

The more I play this game, the more I like it. Definitely going to take some time getting used to the speed, but the Lions are ready for next season!!!

If I knew how to make those I would have so many gitches I could post. Balls suctioning into hands, a DE hitting me in the backfrield after going unblocked by a TE, pulling guard and FB. I even seen one FG attempt by the CPU where the RG turned around and ran backwards then caught the FG attempt in his hands lol. I took a pic of it on my cell but a video would have been much better.

Rorschach

The fact that Wells is only rated 79 gives me hope for my RBs. :D Especially since his catch rating is so low. He's been catching things left and right for me.

rw0tnc.jpg

2mwto3p.jpg

Stumble alone gets me a first! :p
51szm0.jpg

I love how guys on your team try to push you for the first down, but Fitz is isn't very big :p
2q2ogg3.jpg

Damnit... if he can do this, Nnamdi better be able to do this 24/7
33c2jo7.jpg

Gonna hate playing against Larry Johnson. :| Overrated bastard.

Jtrizzy

Drek said:
I'd be game for a PS3 league as well. Was planning on holding off on picking it up, but it sounds like a nice step up from the previous games, I did enjoy '09, and Goozex is saving me buckets of money on older game acquisitions.

Rorschach said:
Not so far, but I've been seeing a bit of interest. Not sure if it's enough for a league, but people have been asking.

Someone should start an interest thread, I'm sure there will be enough once the game comes out.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I have been out of the loop for this demo and now I want to play it... what do i need to do to play? I need to put money down? to get a code

Striker

Malleymal said:
I have been out of the loop for this demo and now I want to play it... what do i need to do to play? I need to put money down? to get a code
If you don't have it preordered, I think you'll have to do so in order to get the code.

A person on GAF might have an extra or willing to spare. A Cowboys fan gave me one. :eek:)

LJ11

I don't think the run blocking is all that improved, not as bad as last year, but it still isn't where it should be. NFL lineman do stupid shit every week, but some of the whiffed blocks in this game really stand out.

Linebackers in zone get really confused by crosses/drags especially if you send a receiver down the seem to suck up coverage. The FS plays really deep, I guess they did this to combat the AI glitch in '09 where a WR could easily get behind a deep middle safety, and so the Linebackers seem to take their drops a bit deeper allowing a lot of underneath completions.

Bunch of collision issues as well, especially with CB's reading an inside route, getting the jump and totally whiffing on the ball.

Still like the overall feel of the game.

Rorschach

Striker said:
A Cowboys fan gave me one. :eek:)
Me too. I guess Cowboys fans aren't so bad after all! ;b

I thought this was kinda cool:
http://i29.tinypic.com/xq95yh.jpg
Misses the swat in the air, hangs on, and swipes at the ball.

I like how you can hit stick someone while they are being tackled. Took out Hines for the game (although, there was only 1 min left):
http://i32.tinypic.com/ddjpd3.jpg

Defender stumbles and doesn't magically get back up to tackle me :D No more resurrected defenders! :p
http://i25.tinypic.com/dxb880.jpg

Seriously, can Wells be tackled by any one person? Is he made of teflon? :lol
http://i29.tinypic.com/2cd9us7.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/142bnzo.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/qsscd4.jpg
Even coverboy can't do it!

Check out #37 -_-
http://i29.tinypic.com/30vlx0h.jpg

Guys using their head:
2zi33o8.jpg

RONG FOOTSBALL, GOYZ!

[edit] PS: I call dibs on Cards. You're going down, FMT!

i played with the steelers subbing in charlie batch from the quick sub menu and.... i really noticed no difference between batch and roethlisberger. i was kind of dinking and dunking with both so maybe that was it, but i was something like 14/19 with batch and then 7/13 with roetlisberger.

we'll see if i need jgar afterall rors! (i saw your seinfeld post!)

Striker

Soundtrack from MaddenFans:

2Pac – Can’t C Me
Airborne – Heads Are Gonna Roll
Alice in Chains – Them Bones
B.o.B. – Created A Monster
Bang Camaro – Revolution
Beastie Boys – Sabotage
Black Sabbath – Paranoid
Cypress Hill – Get ‘Em Up
Helmet – Unsung
Iron Maiden – Aces High
Judas Priest – Painkiller
Kid Rock – I Am The Bullgod
Killswitch Engage – Reckoning
Korn – Blind
Mastodon – Divinations
Nas featuring P Diddy – Hate Me Now
Nirvana – Breed
Pantera – Walk
Public Enemy – Shut Em Down
Rage Against The Machine – Guerrilla Radio
Set Your Goals – Gaia Bleeds (Make Way For Man)
Slipknot – Duality
System Of A Down – Sugar
The Vanity Plan – Before I Die
Young Dre The Truth – Cheah Beah

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i played with the steelers subbing in charlie batch from the quick sub menu and.... i really noticed no difference between batch and roethlisberger. i was kind of dinking and dunking with both so maybe that was it, but i was something like 14/19 with batch and then 7/13 with roetlisberger.

we'll see if i need jgar afterall rors! (i saw your seinfeld post!)
JGar still has crazy legs!

Yeah, I didn't notice much of a difference between Leinart and Old Man Warner. I went 16/18. Part of the problem is that the AI CBs are retarded, but I didn't get any wayward passes. I know they exist because AI Ben has thrown a few, but I think they only happen when you throw off the wrong foot or on the run.

Leinart was so good that I looked up his accuracy and it's actually not bad at 82. Why the fuck is it so high? He's garbage. JRuss has 65. :(

The CB AI is absolutely atrocious defending the middle or any kind of slant, really. I think I know why JTrizzy wanted slats and skinny posts so much. They're absolute money every time especially against man. Double coverage doesn't matter, press doesn't matter, it's almost fool proof. And the AI for zone is too retarded to circumvent that. I've been able to hold the AI scoreless, but I have to play manual CB/Safety. Oh, and if you play safety and are over the top of someone, the AI CB will just stop running and chill because I guess he thinks you've got it... or something.

Here's a missed press coverage and a wiiiiide open WR. The guy in the inner most slot will always be open. Period. Highlight him, press him, whatever. Nothing will work.
2r47uag.jpg

The press didn't take, I guess even though the play has it in the fucking name...

This time the press works...sort of.
nyelo6.jpg

First, you'll see that the 3rd CB is playing waaaay off no matter how many times I jam triangle -> down. You can see clearly that the other guys are pressing and doing their job, but inner most guy, once again, fails. He has to take a weird route to the WR and he only does it when the ball is thrown.

Again, starting off way back... Miller and Ward both burn their man easily. And that's a corner on Miller.
rh1n2h.jpg

I assigned 2 men to Holmes this time, but they both get lost in the shuffle... where the hell are they going?
aeble8.jpg

Again, playing waaaay off for some reason and, of course, two guys get wide open. You can also see that the corner goes out, then in for no apparent reason. If he's playing off so damn much, he doesn't need to fucking commit immediately with all that buffer.
2dimxlh.jpg

:lol I love AI Ben. He has so many "almost hero" moments:
514n7o.jpg

Cromartie is the only CB worth a damn on either team. <3

Striker

I lost 12-7 because I couldn't pass worth a shit (All Pro).

Ben was oft-rattled and only spark came from Parker.

I feel I'll be killed unless I can get a run game from Lewis and Harrison. :\

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Striker said:
I lost 12-7 because I couldn't pass worth a shit (All Pro).

Ben was oft-rattled and only spark came from Parker.

I feel I'll be killed unless I can get a run game from Lewis and Harrison. :\

I can feel CK writing "Striker - No passing game" In his notebook right now

The man coverage still leaves something to be desired but it is sooo much better than last year so I am happy. I am more concerned how the zones handles certain routes leaving receivers 5 yards open...EA still has some work to do before the final release.

Rorschach

Afrikan: do you love Favre as much as your fellow 9er fans in this thread (Smoke and FMT)? They say let the man play and that he's a bonafide legend. I think we can all agree on that, right?

Jtrizzy

:lol You've got me...Yeah the skinny post/corner route combos force the db's into making decisions. In past versions it was the corner route that was always open, but now it's the skinny post over the middle. Tiburon has a tendancy to overcompensate.

Someone start a PS3 interest thread please.

Top Bottom