• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Jtrizzy

If someone will just start the thread I'll do all the work necessary to run the league. I can't start it because I'm a junior, even though I've been here 2+ years/3,400 posts.

Anyway, I think I've adjusted to the speed for the most part and am enjoying the game quite a bit.

Drek

Jtrizzy said:
If someone will just start the thread I'll do all the work necessary to run the league. I can't start it because I'm a junior, even though I've been here 2+ years/3,400 posts.

Anyway, I think I've adjusted to the speed for the most part and am enjoying the game quite a bit.
Started, we'll sort out the rules and regs, who'll commish, etc. as long as we see enough interest to get the ball rolling.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
Afrikan: do you love Favre as much as your fellow 9er fans in this thread (Smoke and FMT)?

I'm a 49er fan too.....just don't post much. And for the record, Favre just needs to go away!!!

Afrikan

Rorschach said:
Afrikan: do you love Favre as much as your fellow 9er fans in this thread (Smoke and FMT)? They say let the man play and that he's a bonafide legend. I think we can all agree on that, right?

no offense....but I want the man to play because I feel he is not that good....and has not been for the past 3-4 years....sure he'll help you get to the playoffs, but then it seems like he gets selfish with his decision making..... even at this age he can be VERY dangerous....he has the ARM and the knowledge...and can still move around the pocket for an old man.....but its his cockyness that Fucks things up.....again in the past he could get a way with it......but not now.

and that is why I knew the 49ers had a very good chance at beating the Jets at home last year, because of Farve.....O'l Shaun Hill out played the future Hall of Famer.

I believe Farva played well and within himself in McCarthy's first year or I forgot when....but the team was running the ball well and he was just letting his playmakers make plays....dump offs, playaction, roll outs ....etc.

if he goes to the Vikings and plays like that again, THEN HOLY SHIT!!!.... but I don't think so.....so I want him to play again so that the Vikings are not a threat to my 49ers making the playoffs....... Vikings have a very good team....too bad about their QB situation.....maybe they should have traded for Cutler.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is there still room in this league? If so I'd love to go in with MY BELOVED NINERS. GAF SB CHAMPIONSHIP! ALEX SMITH TO HOLD THE LOMBARDI TROPHY!

Somnia

Hey FMT you should totally switch me to the Cardinals after playing this demo so much :D It guarantees you two wins a year!

Somnia said:
Hey FMT you should totally switch me to the Cardinals after playing this demo so much :D It guarantees you two wins a year!

die hard bengals fans should use the bengals!

in other news, i don't think sliders made it into online franchise after looking at a few OPSports threads. this is disappointing but not the end of the world.

the hardest part is determining what EA is legitimately going to "patch" for online dynasty. there is a RUMORED patch due out day 1 of madden '10 that is JUST for online franchise. if this is true then our questions will be answered immediately and i guarantee this would be the only patch we ever get for online franchise.

but if it's NOT true then we play the waiting game of "well what are they going to patch? should we start the league before the patch or wait and see if they are going to put the cap/contacts/etc in?"

we'll see!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
die hard bengals fans should use the bengals!

in other news, i don't think sliders made it into online franchise after looking at a few OPSports threads. this is disappointing but not the end of the world.

the hardest part is determining what EA is legitimately going to "patch" for online dynasty. there is a RUMORED patch due out day 1 of madden '10 that is JUST for online franchise. if this is true then our questions will be answered immediately and i guarantee this would be the only patch we ever get for online franchise.

but if it's NOT true then we play the waiting game of "well what are they going to patch? should we start the league before the patch or wait and see if they are going to put the cap/contacts/etc in?"

we'll see!

No sliders eh? Wonder if we have to pay $5 to play against all-madden if we ever have a CPU team :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
No sliders eh? Wonder if we have to pay $5 to play against all-madden if we ever have a CPU team :lol
Huh... can we use sliders to mimic playstyles? Like everyone says DM runs the ball a lot (though I have personally never experienced DM play like that!) can we set the rushing slider way up so that the AI's tendency is to run like 65% of the time or something like that? That'd be neat.

Somnia

Wellington said:
Huh... can we use sliders to mimic playstyles? Like everyone says DM runs the ball a lot (though I have personally never experienced DM play like that!) can we set the rushing slider way up so that the AI's tendency is to run like 65% of the time or something like that? That'd be neat.

Don't think online franchise will let us use sliders at all. We have to use what's given to us and not change a thing (when we should be able to).

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Is there still room in this league? If so I'd love to go in with MY BELOVED NINERS. GAF SB CHAMPIONSHIP! ALEX SMITH TO HOLD THE LOMBARDI TROPHY!
First answer this: How do you feel about Brett Favre?

Somnia said:
Yeah, I was gonna suggest we play all-madden, but I don't know if we're even allowed...

Wellington said:

terminator-t-1000-84.jpg

there won't be NO MACHINES IN OUR LEAGUE! 32 humans, like john always wanted!

furlongmd4.jpg

Rorschach

Somnia said:
You know who's really cool and stuffs? THE BRONCOS! OMG SO AWESOME! Take them before someone else does!

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Pfft the Bengals? Can the Bengals QB do this:

orton8-3.jpg

???

Well he does go down just as fast and hard as Orton anytime a lineman even looks at him now adays.

Edit: But if I play the Bengals maybe I can have Ocho start a T.V. reality show to be there with T.O.!!

Afrikan

Slo said:
Major conflict about who gets to use the 49ers.

who woulda thunk it, huh? :lol

even though I posted that I would play SMOKE for the team...
sorry Smoke : ) , but I would most likely win...I'm pretty good at Madden.
.if he indeed did call the 9ers weeks ago, well then he should get the team....

I just thought I'd finally play in a GAF league...but its not a big deal.....I'll play folks on here individually for the fun of it.

BigAT

I agree, SMOKE definitely deserves the Niners.

I think this is one thing all of us, except for perhaps one crazy member, can agree on.

daw840

Wellington said:
I am pretty sure I would beat both Afrikan and SMOKE for use of my Niners. Maybe we should just have a four man tournament.

Stop trying to steal my Niners from me. I have been a lifelong fan.

Rorschach

...wtf? I thought I had the 9ers. I'm signing up for the PS3 league.

Oh wait, there are 4 people that want the 9ers in there? There are only like 7 people in there... that's more than half the league that wants the 9ers...

Afrikan

Rorschach said:
...wtf? I thought I had the 9ers. I'm signing up for the PS3 league.

Oh wait, there are 4 people that want the 9ers in there? There are only like 7 people in there... that's more than half the league that wants the 9ers...

HELL YEAH BABY!

niners.gif

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Yes I know....just joining in on the fun. You may have the Madden Falcons but I've got season tickets to see the real deal! :p
you know...that's not cool, not at all...

DCX

SMOKE

Banned
Wellington said:
I am pretty sure I would beat both Afrikan and SMOKE for use of my Niners. Maybe we should just have a four man tournament.

Just got back from vegas fellas, and I see a tourney looming:D

Well lets just fire uo our 09's and we can battle it out for OUR NINERS:D

daw840

SMOKE said:

Unless you start a new league, there is NO way in hell that you will get the Niners in this league. The head commish is a retarded diehard Niners fan.

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
I grew up a niners fan too :lol
TheCrow said:
I want in this tournament. We shall see who really bleeds burgundy and gold. :D
2v8jol2.jpg
They're wearing 9er colors!

Why didn't Tiburon include the option to play as 32 9er teams? Screw you, EA! PS: fix teh animatiunz!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
SMOKE said:

PS3 league thread is up. Go there

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Funny, that will be the score on the eagles vs giants game when me and CK play too.

So close yet so far. Always :(

Top Bottom