• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

The game is nice but I really hate the slower speed, even the faster players feel slow. Happy to hear the dline tweak isn't in the demo because I was beginning to get worried because this would be the most offensive madden ever with the horrible pass rush that's in there now.

I don't see how devs would take the RC out unless they completely changed how you control the WR's. The QB accuracy doesn't seem to be as consistent as last year so I doubt you can RC as reliably as last year.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
30th I believe. Do you need a gs code for ps3 rors? I may have one for ya buddy
I would appreciate this very much. :p I didn't want to pre-order the PS3 version because I'm buying the 360 one.

MWS Natural said:
The game is nice but I really hate the slower speed, even the faster players feel slow. Happy to hear the dline tweak isn't in the demo because I was beginning to get worried because this would be the most offensive madden ever with the horrible pass rush that's in there now.

I don't see how devs would take the RC out unless they completely changed how you control the WR's. The QB accuracy doesn't seem to be as consistent as last year so I doubt you can RC as reliably as last year.

In the retail game you will be able to change the speed of the game.

SMOKE

Banned
Word is that the PSN store demo is up right now aswell and this is coming from the PSN update thread.

NVM its the gamestop one, but it was said it was on the store:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man the cardinals are gonna be a problem this year. Fits and Boldin are beastly. Larry comes down with some crazy catches. I scored from 40 yards out with Boldin in their wildcat package

Somnia

CB3 said:
Man the cardinals are gonna be a problem this year. Fits and Boldin are beastly. Larry comes down with some crazy catches. I scored from 40 yards out with Boldin in their wildcat package

I've only got the wildcat to work once, but when it does work it's some huge ass gains

I'm not digging how inaccurate Romo is, some of his throws are just unbelievably off even when I don't influence the pass or he has a clean pocket.

Maybe it's the wind from the snow? Better be... >_<

storybook77 said:
In the retail game you will be able to change the speed of the game.

No point since everyone will be using the default speed. I don't play in franchise or against the CPU so default is my only option.

CB3

The running game feels awesome. I ran HB Slash out of the Singleback Bunch formation. My RG was able to get the LB and Hines held the CB on the right while Limas sweed got just enough of a bump on Polamalu for me to hit the whole with Willie Parker and outrun everyone for a 25 yard TD run

DCX

DCX
augmental said:
Do any of your own guys celebrate when you lose the fumbles? I want to play this so bad but I am at work. I am glad that they didn't hold the demo until 8 CST though.
Why would my own guys celebrate me losing a fumble? That Marbury like BS right there.

DCX

augmental

DCX said:
Why would my own guys celebrate me losing a fumble? That Marbury like BS right there.

DCX

Haha I was just asking because of a video I saw of the Giants / Eagles demo on Youtube (which is old I am sure) the opposite team was celebrating the fumble. Sounds like it got fixed which is excellent.

DCX

DCX
5414_1118367191652_1001187453_30307429_7833427_n.jpg

DCX

thank GOD for the slower speed. this was one of the things i've hated most about next gen maddens. made single player almost unplayable for me (but not actually!)

dang im at work until 5 and my gf already left for work so she can't set the DL for me :(

Somnia

God damn I'm really loving this game. The pass rush def. needs fixed (I know it has been apparently). Passing seems to be much improved over last year imo. Also I agree with everyone that the slow down in speed helps this game in a big way.

augmental

Somnia said:
God damn I'm really loving this game. The pass rush def. needs fixed (I know it has been apparently). Passing seems to be much improved over last year imo. Also I agree with everyone that the slow down in speed helps this game in a big way.

I am not in the loop with the pass rush problem. What exactly is wrong? That way I know what is better when I buy it.

Somnia

augmental said:
I am not in the loop with the pass rush problem. What exactly is wrong? That way I know what is better when I buy it.

It's tough to create much pressure on the QB right now. As far as I can tell at least. I'm able to get in and cause problems but right now the QB has a lot of time in the pocket.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I played a game at lunch of the 1-minute quarters game. Not sure that if it is because I have been playing the hell out of NCAA but the game seems slowed a bit too much. It is definitely going ot take some getting used to. My timing was completely off the entire game.

LJ11

Played a half, and man what a difference. DB's actually commit to a WR, so easy to flood a zone and not see ESP DB's flying in.

Rorschach

Ok, I know this is gonna sound retarded, but does anyone know the controls that have changed? I was playing MLB and not strafing..and with DT, I was jumping instead of clubbing/swimming. :| I've been playing too much old Madden. :(

PS: This game isn't just slowed down, it's slow period. I feel like I'm watching slow motion footage.

DCX

DCX
Again, based on this demo alone it's better than 2009! With the tweaks they have made since, it will be just as good as Madden has ever been. Perfect? Never...good enough to have a very sim like franchise online and off? I says yes.

DCX

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Ok, I know this is gonna sound retarded, but does anyone know the controls that have changed? I was playing MLB and not strafing..and with DT, I was jumping instead of clubbing/swimming. :| I've been playing too much old Madden. :(

PS: This game isn't just slowed down, it's slow period. I feel like I'm watching slow motion footage.

From what I can tell you use the right analog as a DT to swim/club past a oline man at least I think :D I dunno about strafing haven't tried yet.

:lol

Like I mentioned in my show impressions, the change in speed will smack you like a ton of bricks. The games don't feel slow to me anymore though because I've already played about 15 games from my time at E3.

PS - I'm happy the goal line fade actually works now too. RW11 in the corner of the end zone FTW! :D

LJ11

The passing game is what feels really slow, seems like the ball is in the air forever.

Really like it so far, much better initial impression than '09, hated that game at first.

CB3

charsace said:
I want to play this bad. I can join in the madden league talk after smokey destroys me and the 2k9 douchebaggery finally ends.

Your not spinning with your PG enough

Rorschach

Somnia said:
From what I can tell you use the right analog as a DT to swim/club past a oline man at least I think :D I dunno about strafing haven't tried yet.
Looks like right stick does spin move. Thanks.

I find that placement kinda dumb, though. :(

SMOKE

Banned
Game just needs to be sped up just a notch and then it would feel right imo. I dont like how the ball is in the air too much and it seems at times like its a clusterfuck of a mess when you try to throw to someone on the strong side of the field.

TE's are gonna be beastly and there were a few issues with the ball going str8 thru defenders hands as if he was a ghost. Other than that the game seems like a dream come true.

There is no more of that lead pass speed burst

LBs do not jump at all really (farrior and berry are beast) but will smack the ball out from your hands like nothing.

Troy P. Gets hell of picks but he cant hit worth a damn it seems

I feeld bad when I think about playing with my niners like I always do but im gonna have to get my rythym and timing down pat and it seems like short routes will be the way to go this year.

Oh, I threw one deep to Fitz and he broke like 2 tackles and ran it in for the score, this game is amazing

LJ11

Arizona's PB is pretty good, a lot of nice plays. Played two games and I'm really digging it.

The ends seem to contain the run pretty well on tosses and stretches, it was tough to defend last year without keeping an end in contain, not the case this year. Love the trench fighting on run plays. Pass blocking is very good.

Love the fact that man is actually viable, and defenders don't tip off as blatantly as they did in the past. I've seen DB's do some weird things, going for the INT when the ball is already caught, but other than that they reacted pretty well. It seems like DB's have pretty good catch-up speed when it comes to tracking down ball carriers from behind, hard to tell though since I couldn't check speed ratings.

Return game is good as well, broke one with Breaston but was brought down near the 15. Defender (DB) took a great angle.

Really enjoying it, feels polished, and runs great.

Jtrizzy

wow that fumble mini game has to be one of the cheapest little gimmick add ons I've ever seen. Good thing you can disable it. As far as the speed goes, I'm not sure if I like it not. To me, Madden was at it's peak around 05 on PS2.

CB3

I was playing as the cards and did a HB draw out of the shotgun with Beanie Wells. I hit the hole and got about 6 yards before getting stood up by 2 steeler DB's. I figured i would be taken down but the rest of my team came running and pushed me out of the pile. 50 yard TD clean the rest of the way . It was fucking awesome. I had Fits and Breaston running with me the whole rest of the way. So awesome

BigAT

Jtrizzy said:
wow that fumble mini game has to be one of the cheapest little gimmick add ons I've ever seen. Good thing you can disable it. As far as the speed goes, I'm not sure if I like it not. To me, Madden was at it's peak around 05 on PS2.

Amen.

Rorschach

I like the Pit playbook better for some reason. I just completed 20 in a row with Ben. :lol

Looks like WR snap is still in and it REALLY hurts because everyone else is slowed down... :\

CB3

LJ11 said:
I agree, the QTE fumble is annoying. Had a game with 3 fumbles and it just gets tiring after while.

Off topic, but you should use those throwback uni's in every single league game this year. They make the current bills uniforms look ugly (basically because they are)

LJ11

Yeah, the current uni's are hideous. Any, sane, Bills fan should prefer the throwbacks or he '90s uni to the current Arena league shit we wear. I can't believe it took them this long to put online uni swapping back in.

Rorschach

I haven't had one QTE yet... or a fumble for that matter.

Here are some weird plays, though:

Bad throw + teleportation = good throw

2z50ymo.gif

Sweed absorbs ball through stomach, poops it out, then catches it and runs:

bir0ch.gif

LJ11 said:
I agree, the QTE fumble is annoying. Had a game with 3 fumbles and it just gets tiring after while.

Concur. The thing that really makes it annoying is the fact they keep mixing up the buttons you have to mash on. Map that gimmick to A or X and call it a day.

Hopefully that's fixed in the final game.

Jtrizzy

BigAT said:

That game was the ultimate for hard core Madden fans. You could control every option change whatever, which is not the case now.

As far as I know custom hot routes still haven't made the jump to current gen.

Top Bottom