• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol it's ok, I have lots of other things to play until then. Just looking forward to seeing if Madden has caught up to NFL 2K5 as much as some people are implying.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Slo said:
You guys are going to be loving your free Madden
in November when it finally arrives
!
The game will ship within 10 business days from EA. I spoke to SI about it. However, I also saw that I can get a year of SI for $39 and so I am going to cancel this once the order is processed.

DenogginizerOS said:
The game will ship within 10 business days from EA. I spoke to SI about it. However, I also saw that I can get a year of SI for $39 and so I am going to cancel this once the order is processed.

You only get the refund for the first subscription if you return the game.

CB3 said:
FMT which spot are you gonna get madden from?

whoever gets it first! the lady from gardena said next monday. i haven't tried this place in santa monica yet. i'll call them tomorrow and find out when they're getting it. i'll have it next monday at the latest.... guaranteed!

lol i'm at work! then i have basketball after work.... i'll make the official thread tonight! can't wait to see all the "i wish NFL 2k5 were still around :*(" posts!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT lets play Phantom Dust. Ive had this piece of shit sitting here for like 2 years and never touched it. Teach me the ways

Ramirez

I just wanted to pop in and say after extensive play time of the demo, it looks as if the Steeler domination will continue again this year! (until the playoffs)

DenogginizerOS said:
I am planning on cancelling it before they ever ship the game (as in ASAP).

Ahh ok....gotcha. Some people on Opsports were thinking that they were going to get the game free by cancelling the subscription until they actually read the whole terms. :lol

Striker

Ramirez said:
I just wanted to pop in and say after extensive play time of the demo, it looks as if the Steeler domination will continue again this year! (until the playoffs)
It's going to hell to run on the Steelers, I know that. Passing should be vitally difficult, as well. :(

I know I'm going to need to draft/trade for a RB after Season 1. Jamal's legs are going to fall off.

AstroLad said:
:lol it's ok, I have lots of other things to play until then. Just looking forward to seeing if Madden has caught up to NFL 2K5 as much as some people are implying.

d1b73d1b59e043afc7773810cc7madden%202005_full.JPG

it's been available for years brah

Somnia

Ramirez said:

Palmer and Ocho shall get revenge on you for at least one game this season! pfft who am I kidding you'll throw a touchdown with like 5 seconds left just like last time =(

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
whoever gets it first! the lady from gardena said next monday. i haven't tried this place in santa monica yet. i'll call them tomorrow and find out when they're getting it. i'll have it next monday at the latest.... guaranteed!

Try Game Play in Culver City on Venice Boulevard. They ALWAYS break street date.

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Get me a copy! The place I usually get it from won't be getting it until next Thursday. :(

bluemax

Banned
BTW I know I'm way late on this but I finally played the Super Bowl demo last night.

I already had a feeling on this but I'm going to hate playing the Cards twice a season. Their one dimensional pass attack is annoying. Although Larry Fitz only caught a total of two passes on me across two games.

One awesome thing that happened for me when running was on a third and 2 with Willie Parker, I got stuffed in the backfield, but managed to break the tackle, run for the first, then put a sweet spin move on a guy and score a 34 yard td on what started as a 4 yard loss.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new passing camera, it makes it feel like the middle of the field is a lot more crowded. Still after a little warm up I was able to complete the kinds of passes I completed last season so that is good.

I hated the D-Line moves being mapped to R stick at first but I am actually getting used to it and I already feel like I'm better at getting to the QB than I was last year.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Put me down for the Cards or on the waitlist or wherever. Since the league isn't starting for a few weeks that will give me a bit of time to relearn the game.

AstroLad said:
Put me down for the Cards or on the waitlist or wherever. Since the league isn't starting for a few weeks that will give me a bit of time to relearn the game.

will do friend!

there are still a couple teams open, plus the packers are now open (AZ greg can't play), and two others players in the league may not be able to play. we'll see!

Striker

Trust me, Leinart blows on Madden (and real life).

Breaston was dynamite in the demo for me. Fitzgerald was his usual awesome self too. Saw little of Boldin in action. Maybe he's suiting up being ready to become a Cleveland Brown!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bluemax said:
Try Game Play in Culver City on Venice Boulevard. They ALWAYS break street date.

Must be nice to have independent game stores in your town.

I played two games of the demo last night . One thing that got me was how totally different the games were. First game Ben was looking like Joe Montana going 18-20 and killing us. Second game he looked horrid and threw 3 picks in a game that had the Cards killing the Steelers 31-3. It was almost like the game was pre-determined how totally different the games played out.

I always get nervous when I see folks publicly post stores that sell games early. I'm not inclined to keep my go-to spots to myself, but a lot of eyes lurk GAF and, in turn, I'm fearful spots will get reprimanded by publishers...

Can I jump on the Broncos or Packers?

I don't really care what team I am.........though it was nice ending up with the Giants last year :p

SMOKE

Banned
I been playing the demo so much, that going back and playing 09 is like a night and day difference. You really start respecting EA even more and would think 09 was really an arcade game.

Just played 1 quarter half way through and quit once I started getting superman LBs snatching down lob passes intended 20 yds furhter back behind them.:lol

Just a few more days hey who ever is in so cal (LA area) could you hook a brotha up or pm me if you can get the game early (PS3 version :D )

Thx

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
I always get nervous when I see folks publicly post stores that sell games early. I'm not inclined to keep my go-to spots to myself, but a lot of eyes lurk GAF and, in turn, I'm fearful spots will get reprimanded by publishers...

I think a lot of game developers shop at this store.

I mean its like 5 miles from Naughty Dog, 5 miles from where I work, 7 or 8 miles from EA, probably 10-15 miles from Sony Santa Monica, ditto Activision.

They jokingly ask us every time we come in if we work for Sony.

SMOKE said:
I been playing the demo so much, that going back and playing 09 is like a night and day difference. You really start respecting EA even more and would think 09 was really an arcade game.

Just played 1 quarter half way through and quit once I started getting superman LBs snatching down lob passes intended 20 yds furhter back behind them.:lol

Just a few more days hey who ever is in so cal (LA area) could you hook a brotha up or pm me if you can get the game early (PS3 version :D )

Thx

See my post up above where I list a store known for selling games early.

dskillzhtown said:
Must be nice to have independent game stores in your town.

I played two games of the demo last night . One thing that got me was how totally different the games were. First game Ben was looking like Joe Montana going 18-20 and killing us. Second game he looked horrid and threw 3 picks in a game that had the Cards killing the Steelers 31-3. It was almost like the game was pre-determined how totally different the games played out.

I haven't been in Gamestop since I found this place. The dudes who work there are so much nicer than at Gamestop. They never try to sell me shit I don't want. There are always people in there either buying games or just hanging out and playing games so I think they do good business.

Top Bottom