• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the 10 unconfirmed/canceled/etc games you wish would have gotten released?

Laptop1991

Yeah Dishonored 3 without a doubt,

An new Obsidian Fallout and Elder Scroll SP game that Bethesda turned down,

Right i'm stuck i can't think of anymore at the moment lol.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Resident evil 1.5
Resident Evil Outbreak
Fear Effect 3
Robotech: Crystal Dreams
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: Resurrection
Mother 3(N64)
The rest of Shenmue
Capcom Fighting All-Stars
Star Wars Rogue Squadron Wii

Ulysses 31

Doom 64 2

Earthbound 64
lmjjf0nydiy31.jpg

The unscaled back S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 1 version.

Last edited:
The original Fallout 3 (van Buren)
As a huge fan of the original games, I was really looking forward to this one.

LXZ83Ki.png

Left 4 Dead 3
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I liked the radical change in locale (Morocco) and characters:

uM1hI33.jpeg
X5Z5nxn.jpeg

5vKhzWa.jpeg
jOSpqfa.jpeg

Duke Nukem Forever (2001, Unreal engine build)
The version that seemed like a fun, crazy and faithful sequel that captures the feel of DN3D.

I'd mention Earthbound 64, but as I understand Mother 3 for GBA (which I still need to play) is basically Earthbound 64, albeit with different visuals.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
8. Half Life 3 - although I think they might be working on it with the Source 2 Alyx Engine but this still counts since it's not a 100% confirmed.
Even though a game titled HL3 will probably come out some day, I think it's fair to include the past iterations, since they seem to beat little resemblance to each other and to whatever they're doing now. You should specify which though.

On that note, the cancelled hook man version of RE4 always looked so good to me.

The original, "multi-season" arc of MGS V. So many unresolved plot points. TPP was a fantastic game, but a shitty MGS game. I was hoping for a more Ground Zeroes experience on a bigger scale, and those times you were infiltrating bases were the highlights of the game. Co-op was meant to be in there, too, which would probably have meant me and my buddies would still be playing it today...
P.T., so badly!
FF Versus XIII. I loved the idea of FF magic and summons in a modern world. I actually really enjoyed XV, but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Almost all the titles I was going to post have been mentioned already lol.

I'll go with the complete version of Alien Soldier, which should have gotten a much more developed story and about 100 bosses. Still happy with what we got tho.

Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Chrono Break
Xenosaga Episode 4 - 6
Skies of Arcadia 2
Vagrant Story 2
KOTOR 3
Robotech Crystal Dreams
Occultic;Nine
Mega Man Legend 3
Donkey Kong Racing 2
I read about that too where Xenosaga was suppose to have 6 games. Would have been really nice too if we could have experienced their grand adventure for 3 more games. Xenosaga is still one of my favorite JRPG series.
Yeah Dishonored 3 without a doubt,

An new Obsidian Fallout and Elder Scroll SP game that Bethesda turned down,

Right i'm stuck i can't think of anymore at the moment lol.
Elder Scrolls and Fallout are my two favorite franchises of all times so count me the fuck in. I even enjoyed Fallout 4 a lot mostly because of the mods but still. In a ideal world, Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls VI would have been out already and there would be more games on them with Bethesda and Obsidian focusing on them.

Dazraell

No particular order
  • The Elder Scrolls spin-off by Obsidian Entertainment
  • Prey 2 (Human Head Studios version)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III
  • Star Wars 1313
  • Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice
  • StarCraft: Ghost
  • Tyranny II
  • Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales like spin-off
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided sequel
  • Black & White 3

Laptop1991

I read about that too where Xenosaga was suppose to have 6 games. Would have been really nice too if we could have experienced their grand adventure for 3 more games. Xenosaga is still one of my favorite JRPG series.

Elder Scrolls and Fallout are my two favorite franchises of all times so count me the fuck in. I even enjoyed Fallout 4 a lot mostly because of the mods but still. In a ideal world, Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls VI would have been out already and there would be more games on them with Bethesda and Obsidian focusing on them.
Absolutely 100 percent!

My picks would be Starcraft Ghosts by Blizzard, Agent by Rockstar, and Earthbound 64 by Nintendo. I remember seeing ads for Starcraft and Agent when I was little. Earthbound 64 I didn't learn about until years later and even though mother 3 came out the original vision for that game reading and seeing what information we have makes me think of what could have been when pushing the N64 to its absolute limit.

Top Bottom