• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AirBrian said:
QB ratings? Who the hell cares about QB ratings except for the Bears, Pats, and Colts!

Sorry, Mrbob, Luke, and Lonestar, you guys will just have to keep track of who's the best QB offline!

dirch.gif

an alternate picture for my reply could be:

iWON.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jtrizzy said:
Lonestar, there is something you should know:

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

spaceballs.jpg

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine

CB3

FANTASY FOOTBALL GAF ALLSTARS 2009

Its underway folks. Im keeping it real simple and running just 1 league this year. Im doing a 12 person league which i feel is the best mix of maximum players while still have actually players to pick the last rounds.

Some of the regulars should have already got an email. FMT, DM, CK, Shawn, True. Including me thats 6. DCX and DSkillz expressed interest before so you guys get at me with your email so i can get you invites

That leaves 4 spots open. So its first come first serve. Obviously madden league vets will get first priority. Sorry juniors.

Draft is set for now on August 15th at 7. Im open to changing it to whatever works best for most people.

Lets do this

Bowser

Just wondering if we could maybe move the draft to sometime outside of Aug 13-17? I'm going to be out of town and while I'll have my laptop, I probably will be sightseeing instead of being on the internet :lol If we can't change it, I can probably make the first few rounds, but then I'll have to dip.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
good looking CB as for the date of the draft, I will be in Atlantic city on business, I can probably make the draft, but I cant guarantee That i will be the right mindset with all the alcohol/partying/money loss...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I haven't had much of a chance to mess with the demo. Played a bit earlier - does anyone have what the buttons are configured for? What was a power move is now a jump with a DL among some other weird things.

I haven't gotten the hang of running with Jacobs this season, but if what I have seen from the CPU and MBIII are any indication, power backs are pretty good.

Striker

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=79

Injury frequency sounds pretty good. I like how they happen more often than in previous Madden/NFL games.

Those tackles are a ton. I am guessing they include the assists, as well, right?

Sacks look realistic, and also good.

Passer Ratings look kind of meh (some rather too high), but we'll see in our online leagues how that factors. I'm sure most, if not half at least, jump in the negative TD/INT ratio.
Like me :(
:lol

Every other stat looks very good, and realistic. All except for Rushing Touchdowns. That looks odd... though like passer ratings, it'll be different for us and I'm sure most of us will have more rushing TD's than passing (unless you have some uber QB).

Franchise tag is in, but can we use it online? Though without contracts, it wouldn't matter, huh? :|

Online Franchise part:

Let me quickly go over the options for Online Franchise. For anyone that didn't know, you can't adjust sliders for online franchises.

Create Online Franchise
Franchise Name (Up to 21 letters)
Team (Pick your team here)
Max Users (2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32)
Fantasy Draft (On/Off)
Game Skill (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden)
Quarter Length (1-15 minutes)
Accelerated Clock (Off, 15, 20, 25 seconds)
Acccelerated Presentation (On/Off)
Injuries (On/Off)
Trading (On/Off, On - No CPU Trades)
Weather (On/Off)
Fatigue (On/Off)
Password

Commissioner Options
Advance Week
Game skill, quarter length, accelerated clock
Intjuries
Fatige
Trading
Weather
Max users
Allow join
Post news for the rest of the players to see
Send/view chise invites view pending
Password
Promote to commish
Boot from franchise
Delete franchise
Looks like u can join up to 5 OL franchises

Also: You can't change the camera angle in online franchise, not sure if you guys were aware of that.

Lonestar

Yeah, I don't think I got an invite sent out, and I've been in Fantasy league for 3 someodd years now. Oh well. Most of the fun, to me, was the draft day, trying to get FMT stuck with Brett Farvra.

CB3

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I don't think I got an invite sent out, and I've been in Fantasy league for 3 someodd years now. Oh well. Most of the fun, to me, was the draft day, trying to get FMT stuck with Brett Farvra.

I asked around about you but people mentioned that they didnt think you were interested. The people who i signed up (FMT, DM, Ect...) all came to me saying they wanted in before hand. So i included them and felt the most fair way to decide the rest we're first come first serve. with only 12 spots your not the only vet left out. Sorry :(

But im almost positive there is enough vets who didnt get in to start another league. And if you guys end up short a player i wouldnt mind joining that one too

Lonestar

nah, it's no problem really, like I said, I think I had more fun on the draft day. It's one less thing to worry about.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It is a very good thing that games can be installed to the hard drive now because my Xbox 360 gave me a disc read error this past weekend. I have had it for barely a year. Crikey!

Lonestar

I probably should do that, Denogg.

Except I'm still on the Original 360 HD of 8 gigs! I've been floating on 1'ish gig for a long long time.

I'm getting sick of DRE's on NCAA....

MWS Natural said:
So when is the date for the grudge match for the last remaining spots?

it's not coming until the end of august.

there are some people in now that may not be in when the league rolls around (for a variety of reasons, none of which are me "kicking" them out), and some people just may not like the game and decide not to play.

so i'll let the smoke clear and then we'll see what we're left with.

Lonestar

Haha, just noticed the guy in the middle, with the slick back hair. The strange nod-and-eyes. :lol :lol

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Haha, just noticed the guy in the middle, with the slick back hair. The strange nod-and-eyes. :lol :lol

I just rewatched Dark Knight yesterday. That .gif ruined the entire scene for me and my friends were wondering why I cracked up when he came on.

he gets the game early from EA every year and his impressions are usually spot on. he called out a lot of the stuff that was wrong with last years game (QB's not throwing deep, robo qb, etc) before the game was even released so his praise this year is encouraging.

man i hope they manage to add in online franchise sliders, it sounds like they really work this year (offline).

also, ian confirmed on op sports that we can use any of the camera angles we want in online franchise games, we just have to set it before the game starts (in your personal options). this is a god send because it means we can use the FAAAAAR cam so you can see the entire field. thank you for bringing this madden 2006 feature back!

AZ Greg

FMT, go ahead and give the Packers to someone on the waiting list. It's looking like the next few months are going to be busy on the work front.

Striker

I still do not like the fact that player rosters are limited. Braylon Edwards gets hurt for 7 weeks in week 1 I should be able to DEACTIVATE him and bring a player up from the practice squad.
>:|

The sliders thing seems to be necessary. I hope it can be adjusted.

CB3

Striker said:
>:|

The sliders thing seems to be necessary. I hope it can be adjusted.

if he was hurt in week one isnt the only way to deactivate him to put him on IR?

Striker

CB3 said:
if he was hurt in week one isnt the only way to deactivate him to put him on IR?
Yes, which means he can't return. But if I put a guy on fucking IR, I want another roster spot. :|

C'mon EA!

CB3

Striker said:
Yes, which means he can't return. But if I put a guy on fucking IR, I want another roster spot. :|

C'mon EA!

I remember that shit being a problem in franchise mode forever :lol

Top Bottom