• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, a trade like that maybe hasn't happened, but it has been awfully close (49ers and bears had an agreement in place that would send lance briggs to san fran for a first round pick but fell apart when the 49ers learned they could not extend his contract during the season)

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. This kind of trade might happen in the NBA but its not a realistic NFL trade

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He threw an INT to Jason Taylor who fumbled on the return which he recovered. Then threw it to Asante the very next play for a pick 6. I felt bad on that one

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
He threw an INT to Jason Taylor who fumbled on the return which he recovered. Then threw it to Asante the very next play for a pick 6. I felt bad on that one

:lol oh boy

Don't worry Livewire, when we play end of the season, you'll crush me. I didn't even pick off Matt Schaub in my game against him earlier this year :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Don't worry Livewire, when we play end of the season, you'll crush me. I didn't even pick off Matt Schaub in my game against him earlier this year :(

:lol

bluemax said:
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. This kind of trade might happen in the NBA but its not a realistic NFL trade

this trade MIGHT happen in the NFL. to say it would never happen is to say the possibility isn't there. well, it's clearly there because both teams discussed the trade and agreed to it but for the contract problems. take out the contracts (which our league doesn't have) and that trade goes through ;)

Fifty

GG Nightz. I just got a little luckier. Mr. Glass's first game back was a huge success. In the first half, it looked like he was going to have an all-time unrealistic game, but he just ended up with 4 TDs and 254 yards on 14 carries. Luckily he fumbled when he could have closed the game out (since he IS human) and gave you one final chance. It was strange..my team was holding their blocks so well on counters and other outside runs, but against DCX (and his lower rated team) they couldn't pull of any of those.

Meanwhile, poor Ray Rice had 4 yards for 10 carries. Good thing there's no morale in this game!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"4 TDs and 254 yards on 14 carries"

jesus o_O

Fifty

Basically, 3 50+ yard runs because of perfect blocking on counters/tosses, overeager hitsticking (a mistake I make often) and pure speed. Speed backs can dominate easily in this game, but thankfully Keller's 32 injury and low carry ratings make him the perfect risk/reward back. If only the other 99 spd rookies were as balanced in terms of the risk in using them.

Nightz

GG Fifty. I had my chance at the end of the game, but it just didn't work out. Keller was a monster this game. Karma for me knocking him out for a couple games? I think so. I think you should send LJ to me since Keller's busting out. :p

I'm just glad I kept it close at the end of the game, until Carson Palmer decided to start overthrowing passes and freaking Chris Henry dropped a crucial 4th down pass after he called for the ball. I'm definitely looking forward to the patch fixing the ball popping up into defenders' hands when the QB gets hit. That pick 6 at the end of the game was BS.

Chris Henry is dropping to dead last on my depth chart. I'd rather put a lineman in as a WR than have him on the field. :lol

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
GG Nightz. I just got a little luckier. Mr. Glass's first game back was a huge success. In the first half, it looked like he was going to have an all-time unrealistic game, but he just ended up with 4 TDs and 254 yards on 14 carries. Luckily he fumbled when he could have closed the game out (since he IS human) and gave you one final chance. It was strange..my team was holding their blocks so well on counters and other outside runs, but against DCX (and his lower rated team) they couldn't pull of any of those.

Meanwhile, poor Ray Rice had 4 yards for 10 carries. Good thing there's no morale in this game!
:D Upset of the year :)

DCX

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Ugh. These fucking 99 spd rated backs. I get my first taste against Luke in a few weeks!

Anyone seen Airbrian?

Isn't he going to be replaced for a while with peterboy? You should probably contact him.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Ugh. These fucking 99 spd rated backs. I get my first taste against Luke in a few weeks!

Anyone seen Airbrian?

Chris Johnson is 99 speed and infinitely better than Giovanni Girley (girl-eh)

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
The alignment had me confused. No way Livewire would have 6 TD's passing.

Whatever. Not much I can do when Madden decides to make the QB throw the ball in the wrong direction. It's ridiculous how bad the deep passing game is; I thought it was improved but I was mistaken. I'm flats passing to my hearts content now, fuck this.

Rorschach

We should have talked before the deadline. I would have taken Morrow off your hands if he's a sporadic douche. Let's talk in the off season.

TheCrow said:
Isn't he going to be replaced for a while with peterboy? You should probably contact him.
I thought that was in December...

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Fuck off.
2vt79cl.jpg

Seriously, though, I'd give up some stuff for him even if he regresses. I have Pat as my young QB and I'd like a pocket passer even if he throws random passes like JRuss last year. As long as he's young and has high potential.

That goes for anyone else too in case Jake retires!

Matrix

Hey Rors....

rex_grossman_matrix.jpg

Can we talk?

edit- oh I missed the part about potential

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
2vt79cl.jpg

Seriously, though, I'd give up some stuff for him even if he regresses. I have Pat as my young QB and I'd like a pocket passer even if he throws random passes like JRuss last year. As long as he's young and has high potential.

That goes for anyone else too in case Jake retires!

Campbell for Nnamdi.

Matrix

Hey Rors scrimmage with me in Madden! I need to take out Ryans, Walter and Davis and see how badly I play with them.

edit- does anyone want to scrimmage?

Matrix

bluemax said:
Tell me how to beat Smokey and you've got yourself a deal.

Let Shawn secretly play for you.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Tell me how to beat Smokey and you've got yourself a deal.
How would I know? I never beat 'im!:lol

Matrix said:
Hey Rors scrimmage with me in Madden! I need to take out Ryans, Walter and Davis and see how badly I play with them.

edit- does anyone want to scrimmage?
I'll scrim if you can go in 30. UFC should be over by then! :p

Matrix

Yea I can play in 30 min, I'll be on Madden.

Striker

I wish we could practice with our Franchise teams.

Changing players in offline roster sounds like decent alternative, but guys like Quinn, Robiskie, Bennett, Davis, etc. got better over Season 1. Defensive front is also much different from cuts/signings/draft.

Madden 2011, believe. :(

Ramirez -- I'll be available all day tomorrow (most likely except between 1-4 pending how the Giants play!).

Rorschach

It was kinda choppy all game, but it finally disconnected. GG matrix.

It's too bad..I wanted to record that first Gradkowski int. It was the first warp INT I've seen that was that bad. :lol

Matrix

Yea maybe it EA's servers tonight. GG, I think I can at least hang with teams using the gutted team. Hardest thing for me is going to be getting the ball to AJ without the other two WR's.

Also not having Ryans, just means the Cushing beast will just have to step up his game and tackle everyone!

That last int on Matt made me shake my head, sometimes the cpu just picks off throws they shouldn't.

I did love that my only run with Moats was almost a td :lol He pwns the Raiders.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Yea maybe it EA's servers tonight. GG, I think I can at least hang with teams using the gutted team. Hardest thing for me is going to be getting the ball to AJ without the other two WR's.

Also not having Ryans, just means the Cushing beast will just have to step up his game and tackle everyone!

That last int on Matt made me shake my head, sometimes the cpu just picks off throws they shouldn't.

I did love that my only run with Moats was almost a td :lol He pwns the Raiders.
:( But it wasn't a TD! Moral victory!

McFadden would have torn it up if he wasn't such a pussy. That TD run was sweet. :p

PS: WTF did Daniels leave the team too or is it just because he's on IR and EA took him out?

Matrix

IR and they took him out.

Franchise I still have him and plan on using him...muhahahaha

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
GG Nightz. I just got a little luckier. Mr. Glass's first game back was a huge success. In the first half, it looked like he was going to have an all-time unrealistic game, but he just ended up with 4 TDs and 254 yards on 14 carries.

mr_glass.jpg

Rorschach said:
We don't advance 'till Wednesday unless we finish early. We still have 5 games.

I'll play you as soon as it advances, though. ;b

This time I'm really not going to pass at all :lol

Some posts on this page made me think we advanced again shockingly fast

Matrix

CB3 said:
this bye week next week is gonna kill me

boo hoo, I had the Chiefs bye already and now I have a bye with the Texans this week.

Two byes in a season.

Top Bottom