• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix said:
Yea maybe it EA's servers tonight. GG, I think I can at least hang with teams using the gutted team. Hardest thing for me is going to be getting the ball to AJ without the other two WR's.

Also not having Ryans, just means the Cushing beast will just have to step up his game and tackle everyone!

That last int on Matt made me shake my head, sometimes the cpu just picks off throws they shouldn't.

I did love that my only run with Moats was almost a td :lol He pwns the Raiders.

Ryans is out 11 weeks anyway, but he is pretty awesome

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BigJonsson said:
Ryans is out 11 weeks anyway, but he is pretty awesome

I noticed Super Mario is out one week, wtf was happening to this team :lol How long has he been out?

AirBrian

Wellington said:
Anyone seen Airbrian? This is torture, I just want to play!

Sorry man, just sent you a PM. I've been sick and pretty much slept all of yesterday. Let's try and play after the Giants game (I'm pretty awake right now). Otherwise, can you play tomorrow evening?

Matrix said:
I noticed Super Mario is out one week, wtf was happening to this team :lol How long has he been out?

Ryans and Mario went down in the same game against Dallas
Ryans was out 11, Mario out 3............Schaub, Slaton and Daniels were also out for a few plays in that game :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Livewire is getting crushed off my bye week for the total and absolute failure that the real life redskins are. They had the cowboys the whole game and shit the bed with 5 minutes to go. Worthless

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BigJonsson said:
:lol KC beat Pittsburgh

Too bad that's almost impossible to do in Madden :lol

But now you just need to some how follow their lead, the talent is clearly there with all the pieces you have. Off season you should concentrate on a little more secondary help and upgrading your O-line.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Livewire is getting crushed off my bye week for the total and absolute failure that the real life redskins are.

Well, on days like today I realize our failure is temporary.

But for others...

raiders-over-eagles.jpg

nfc-16.jpg

nfc-24.jpg

nfc-e.jpg

sb39-a.jpg

nfc-j.jpg

...failure is permanent. :D

AirBrian

GG, Wellie. Between Jacobs going into beastmode and two horrible special teams plays, you were too much to handle. My D played like shit in the first half. I don't think I stopped you once. :-(

Matrix

Wellington said:
Chris Johnson shredded me, holy crap.

Can anyone truly contain him, in real life or the game?

Airbrian, why didn't you use Young?

AirBrian

Young sucks in the game! He needs the roster update improvements! I was using him in scrimms and he would miss throws by like 10 yards. No exhaggeration! :-(

I would love to use him, but Collins fits my playing style perfectly.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Well, on days like today I realize our failure is temporary.

But for others...

You can spend all that time looking for pictures and complaining about how the deep passing game is gone and how your gonna throw to the flats. Fact remains that your in for a beating, thanks to the real life skins

Can anyone truly contain him, in real life or the game?

1.7 YPC :)

Matrix said:
Too bad that's almost impossible to do in Madden :lol

But now you just need to some how follow their lead, the talent is clearly there with all the pieces you have. Off season you should concentrate on a little more secondary help and upgrading your O-line.

Well I'll have 2 top 5 picks I think :lol

Hopefully there are more safeties this draft

Last season when I played the Titans with the Texans Chris Johnson absolutely was impossible to catch when he was running to the outside, so damn fast

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AirBrian said:
GG, Wellie. Between Jacobs going into beastmode and two horrible special teams plays, you were too much to handle. My D played like shit in the first half. I don't think I stopped you once. :-(
Bradshaw is unbelievable in KRs. He's had a TD in two of the last three games and had some monster returns in the last game with Livewire.

CJ had runs of 82, 36, and 25 on me for a total of 143 yards on three carries. The other 24 yards on 9. That crap always happens to me.

Welcome back Eli Manning. 14/19, 231 yards, 2 TDs. I thought AB's pass D was pretty good to be honest. I almost took a couple of coverage sacks, and a lot of times my 1-3 reads were covered and I had to go to my back or TE.

Matrix

CB3 said:

Fluke games don't count.

Airbrian, it sucks that madden rating changes don't happen in our franchise. Seems they haven't upgraded him at all since he's doing nothing for you in practice.

Also did I shut down or semi contain CJ before I got ill? I can't recall, I do know we played. BJ says he was able to run to the outside with ease against the Texans in his game, which was true to life in their first meeting in real life :(

I wish I could view stats from past games/the first season.

Matrix

CB3 said:
#1 rushing defense in the league, friend.

Fluke teams don't count.

edit- your D is completely stacked, the cpu could play for you Konex style.

CB3

Matrix said:
Fluke teams don't count.

The hate is strong on this one. I dont have a LB rated over 80 so im not some super team. Those are the main tacklers on running plays

Matrix

CB3 said:
The hate is strong on this one. I dont have a LB rated over 80 so im not some super team. Those are the main tacklers on running plays

You still don't really need to worry about pass D so you could just concentrate on stopping the run.

edit- Wait didn't you let Bob cheese his way to 5 Tight end td's or some shit :lol

CB3

Matrix said:
You still don't really need to worry about pass D so you could just concentrate on stopping the run.

edit- Wait didn't you let Bob cheese his way to 5 Tight end td's or some shit :lol

Yep. And i still won!

But those TD's (most of them) were off shoddy tackling and getting switched to players downfield instead of the guys right next to Olsen. Even bob admitted it. Asante even got caught in a strafing animation on one of the TD's. He looked like he was trying to take a shit as Olson is 10 yards behind him running with the ball -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Fluke teams don't count.

Don't let him fool you. Even with a fantasy team his D is the third worst in the league and he has the worst passing D by about 40 yards per game. Terrible.

If not for his opponents making mistakes, CB3 would be sunk.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Don't let him fool you. Even with a fantasy team his D is the third worst in the league and he has the worst passing D by about 40 yards per game. Terrible.

If not for his opponents making mistakes, CB3 would be sunk.

:lol I'm not fooled by him and I know all about his D when he doesn't have a fantasy squad.

Cold blooded and with that...

Im_RickJames_Bitch.jpg

AirBrian

Wellington said:
Bradshaw is unbelievable in KRs. He's had a TD in two of the last three games and had some monster returns in the last game with Livewire.

CJ had runs of 82, 36, and 25 on me for a total of 143 yards on three carries. The other 24 yards on 9. That crap always happens to me.

Welcome back Eli Manning. 14/19, 231 yards, 2 TDs. I thought AB's pass D was pretty good to be honest. I almost took a couple of coverage sacks, and a lot of times my 1-3 reads were covered and I had to go to my back or TE.

Yeah, it was either feast or famine with CJ that game!

It was so frustrating because I'd have you covered downfield, but you'd find someone streaking across or in the flats at the last second and pick up 5-8 yards. Your passing game is definitely hard to defend against.

Matrix said:
Fluke games don't count.

Airbrian, it sucks that madden rating changes don't happen in our franchise. Seems they haven't upgraded him at all since he's doing nothing for you in practice.

Also did I shut down or semi contain CJ before I got ill? I can't recall, I do know we played. BJ says he was able to run to the outside with ease against the Texans in his game, which was true to life in their first meeting in real life :(

I wish I could view stats from past games/the first season.

It would be nice to get the Vince bump in ratings, but I'd be afraid at all the other player drops since the Titans started 0-6 IRL. :lol

We did play -- remember your goal line stand to prevent us going into OT? CJ did have a good game though. IIRC, he started slow in the first half, but got it going in the second half when I made my (almost) comeback.

Matrix

Ahhh that's right, the game where I almost crapped my pants from nerves :lol I had a nice size lead and choked it.I think you had some big screen pass plays to CJ in the 2nd half and I had no clue how to stop them at the time.

I still can't recall how many yards he ran for, I figure at least 100 and a couple of tds.

Matrix

Airbrian I found out what you did to me with CJ....

"Haha, yeah, that was a great game. I freakin' choked hard (Cubs style!) at the end there. Oh that was so frustrating. And your damn run defense was all over the place. Except for those two big runs from CJ, you shut my butt down"

You had two big runs in the 2nd half, one 81 yard td and a 39 yd td

:lol :(

AirBrian

Matrix said:
Airbrian I found out what you did to me with CJ....

"Haha, yeah, that was a great game. I freakin' choked hard (Cubs style!) at the end there. Oh that was so frustrating. And your damn run defense was all over the place. Except for those two big runs from CJ, you shut my butt down"

You had two big runs in the 2nd half, one 81 yard td and a 39 yd td

:lol :(
:lol Oh man, good times! That goal line stand was so damn frustrating! I think I was on the 1- or 2-yard line and you stuffed me 3 straight times!

:-(

Fifty

Is it possible to change the quarter length mid-franchise?

I ask because the scores are getting a teeny weeny bit un-sim. From this week: : 72-7, 42-7, 38-20, 55-31, 38-24, 35-10,

Other weeks have numerous 40+ games as well.

I don't know if it's because people are throwing too many picks, people are giving up too many big plays, there are problems with the good players being much better than the bad ones or what but maybe we should make the quarters a minute shorter and see what happens.

I'm not demanding change, but we should keep an eye on the continuing inflation in league scoring.

Smokey

Way to quit in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes to go bluemax!

First you really me with 1 minute 30 seconds left 1st half because I call timeout to stop the clock. Yes...I was winning..and I called TO to stop the clock that was running on your 4th down. And?

Jesus Christ.

Then you want to "the hell really?" me again after you go for 2. So I decide if you're gonna keep playing then so the hell am I. I'm throwing the ball and moving people in different positions to try things. And I was running up the gut pretty much every damn time, even cutting back in when there were CLEAR running lanes to the outside where I could've had Turner go off for 150+ yards in 1st half if I wanted to.

4th quarter I'm still playing. I'm well aware of what the score is. Nobody said I was going to score again, you assuming things make you look like a little bitch. I could've played the CPU if you were gonna bitch out and quit the game.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Is it possible to change the quarter length mid-franchise?

I ask because the scores are getting a teeny weeny bit un-sim. From this week: : 72-7, 42-7, 38-20, 55-31, 38-24, 35-10,

Other weeks have numerous 40+ games as well.

I don't know if it's because people are throwing too many picks, people are giving up too many big plays, there are problems with the good players being much better than the bad ones or what but maybe we should make the quarters a minute shorter and see what happens.

I'm not demanding change, but we should keep an eye on the continuing inflation in league scoring.

Also some teams just have way more talent than others which is hurting some decent players that would normally put up a good fight and when talking about decent players, I clearly mean myself.

Smokey

bluemax said:
Fuck you for running up the score. Fuck you for trying to humiliate me. I'd rather play shawn 100 times before I played you again you classless piece of shit.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Go fuck yourself with Leron fucking James. You got pissed because you couldn't do shit on your little outside sweeps and outside runs. Not to mention putting him at WR.

So you fuck off you pussy. If I wanted to run up the score I could've dropped 50+ on your bitchass before halftime.

Get tha fuck out of here

Matrix

bluemax said:
Fuck you for running up the score. Fuck you for trying to humiliate me. I'd rather play shawn 100 times before I played you again you classless piece of shit.

He did that to me with Turner, but Smokey told me he was drunk :( Smokey you high this time? :p

edit- can of worms has been exploded, let the games begin!

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Go fuck yourself with Leron fucking James. You got pissed because you couldn't do shit on your little outside sweeps and outside runs. Not to mention putting him at WR.

So you fuck off you pussy. If I wanted to run up the score I could've dropped 50+ on your bitchass before halftime.

Get tha fuck out of here

Fuck you I recognized I was beat and I was trying to wear the clock down. I recognize that I wasn't going to win this game unless you died in the middle of it. But why do you need to call a time out before the half when I'm about to punt and the game is over? Why do you need to throw the ball deep in the 4th quarter?

Have some class cheese dick.

Honestly, you're a worse sport than Ando, Shawn and Birdbomb combined.

Somnia

CB3 said:
Yep. And i still won!

But those TD's (most of them) were off shoddy tackling and getting switched to players downfield instead of the guys right next to Olsen. Even bob admitted it. Asante even got caught in a strafing animation on one of the TD's. He looked like he was trying to take a shit as Olson is 10 yards behind him running with the ball -_-

I really hate when that fucking shit happens.

Smokey

bluemax said:
Fuck you I recognized I was beat and I was trying to wear the clock down. I recognize that I wasn't going to win this game unless you died in the middle of it. But why do you need to call a time out before the half when I'm about to punt and the game is over? Why do you need to throw the ball deep in the 4th quarter?

Have some class cheese dick.

Honestly, you're a worse sport than Ando, Shawn and Birdbomb combined.

You got me twisted. I don't give a shit who you compare me to, man up and stop being a bitch. Quit the game because you got sand in your fucking pussy.

I'm not explaining shit to you. I tried to a few posts up, but you got me twisted son. Fuck off and the next time we play I'll drop 100 on you and maybe you'll fucking leave this league for good.

Cheese dick:lol :lol :lol :lol

There's nothing cheesey about you getting fucking stomped. I ran basic plays the entire game and you couldn't do shit about it. Not my problem. Instead of throwing a fit why don't you look in the mirror cakin' ass. Mr. I'm gonna run James as my primary WR not to mention try and run outside all day with him because I'm garbage and can't do shit else.

Your cheese got shut down. Direct your anger at yourself cheese dick.

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:
You got me twisted. I don't give a shit who you compare me to, man up and stop being a bitch. Quit the game because you got sand in your fucking pussy. Pussy.

I'm not explaining shit to you. I tried to a few posts up, but you got me twisted son. Fuck off and the next time we play I'll drop 100 on you and maybe you'll fucking leave this league for good.

Is your piece of shit life so worthless that you only find happiness in blowing people out in online football? You're a sad case.

You didn't try explaining shit. You didn't need to throw the ball at all in the second half so why do it? You could've run every play and never punted in that game. Why be such a classless asshole?

Edit: Oh now you edit in a response. I went for 2 because the game was over and it didn't matter. I wasn't trying to come back, I wasn't running a hurry up.

If you were only throwing on third downs then I wouldn't have done what I did but throwing it on every play is stupid.

Top Bottom