• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
Honestly, you're a worse sport than Ando, Shawn and Birdbomb combined.

oh-snap.jpg

Smokey

bluemax said:
Is youre piece of shit life so worthless that you only find happiness in blowing people out in online football? You're a sad case.

Eat a dick.

I'm a sad case yet you quit a fucking VIDEOGAME and come back here whining and running at the mouth. Why the fuck you getting so bent out of shape over a game. Is this all the fuck you do, and take it that seriously.

Go to hell and stop fucking talkin to me.

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:
Eat a dick.

I'm a sad case yet you quit a fucking VIDEOGAME and come back here whining and running at the mouth. Why the fuck you getting so bent out of shape over a game. Is this all the fuck you do, and take it that seriously.

Go to hell and stop fucking talkin to me.

Shawn got kicked from this league for less than what you've done.

guys, take it to PM or AIM. no need for this kind of bickering and name calling in the thread.

i've already addressed both players and that's the end of it at this point.

Somnia

Well to switch topics lets all go watch SNF and the Eagles lose! :lol :lol :lol sorry I couldn't finish that with a serious face.

Edit: Odds on Cutler throwing 4+ picks???

Somnia said:
Well to switch topics lets all go watch SNF and the Eagles lose! :lol :lol :lol sorry I couldn't finish that with a serious face.

Edit: Odds on Cutler throwing 4+ picks???

odds of cutler throwing 0 picks: poor
odds of cutler throwing only 1 pick: average
odds of cutler throwing only 2 picks: slightly above average
odds of cutler throwing only 3 picks: good
odds of custler throwing 4 picks or more: excellent

sorry bob :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man I wish to hell we could have a spectator mode. None of this shit would happen then....you here me EA!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Is it possible to change the quarter length mid-franchise?

I ask because the scores are getting a teeny weeny bit un-sim. From this week: : 72-7, 42-7, 38-20, 55-31, 38-24, 35-10,

Other weeks have numerous 40+ games as well.

I don't know if it's because people are throwing too many picks, people are giving up too many big plays, there are problems with the good players being much better than the bad ones or what but maybe we should make the quarters a minute shorter and see what happens.

I'm not demanding change, but we should keep an eye on the continuing inflation in league scoring.

If I may, there are a couple of things that contribute to this:

1) The lack of pass rush generated by the DL v the OL. If I am correct, the sack numbers this year are a bit higher for a number of reasons irrelevant to this point, however, the DL still presents a minimal threat. If I see a zone I don't have a problem whatsoever sitting in the pocket until someone gets open, no one will lay a hand on me defensively.

2) Vanilla defenses by some teams. Yeah, some guys kill blitzes, but that doesn't mean that a defense has to sit in cover 2 and 3 all game long. At this point we all know where the holes are in those defenses.

3) Increased talent level at RB and along the OL. We've seen 99 speed RBs come out of the draft (your own guy had 200 yards and a pack of TDs). Further, the talent along the OL has jumped for some teams as well. I am playing, for example. two guys in the 70s that so far have been unbelievably good. The same impact has not been made by DL or LBs (aside from the beast that LJ has).

4) Missed Tackles and bad angles. EA fucked up with the player switch button this year. It usually does not even go to the next closest guy.

I had the third ranked D in the league last year, this year it's freaking awful. It's not that people have figured me out, I think it's more of guys getting better at making plays.

linebackers are also dumb as shit. i mean, they're completely stupid. i've watched some of my linebackers completely ignore the guy they're supposed to guard. players are NOT THIS STUPID!

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:
bluemax continually whines about anything...yet gets the benefit of the doubt once again.

Amazing.

I voice my complaints a lot because I have high standards for this league. When I joined up I was told that the league would be fun and competitive and would be a classy group as opposed to the random yokels who play on XBL.

I feel that the quality of the league has slipped and I know I'm not the only one. Some people haven't voiced it publically and I guess maybe I shouldn't either but frustration and rashness lead me to do regrettable things at times.

I've lost before and I've been blown out before and I know I'll lose again and be blown out again but I don't like having someone set out to run the score up. If I wanted to play that style of game then I'd just spend my time playing random people online.

If that's the direction people want the league to go then please speak up everyone now so I know and can move on. I realized that's how people like to play in the GAF NBA 2k leagues and I stopped participating in them because that isn't fun for me. If it's fun for the majority of this league then I will understand as well.

Matrix

Yea BJ got torn a new one by Rors *sorry BJ* and didn't quit cause he knows it's just a game. Ive been beat up a ton in this game and never quit. Smokey pulled my pants down and basically shoved Turner up my ass all game till the end, but I didn't quit....as angry as I was.

Quitting and running up the score/stat padding are equal in douche bag behavior in my books.

I find Bluemax and Smokey both guilty and both need to calm the F down....
judge-judy.jpg

Man I miss the old madden days when I was Johnny Drama around here.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Also some teams just have way more talent than others which is hurting some decent players that would normally put up a good fight and when talking about decent players, I clearly mean myself.
I don't think it's about the talent on the teams. It's about the players. A lot of players are making bad offensive decisions or calling super vanilla defenses. The most lopsided game was mine and my team isn't an offensive powerhouse by any means. And I wasn't running up the score either. I think the quarter time is fine right now. It allows for more comebacks and doesn't let people sleep on teams. I wouldn't have lost any if not for the extra time and the Rams would have been like 14-2 last season. :p

Matrix said:
Man I miss the old madden days when I was Johnny Drama around here.
...did you just call my mom a bitch?! Fuck off!

Rorschach said:
I don't think it's about the talent on the teams. It's about the players. A lot of players are making bad offensive decisions or calling super vanilla defenses. The most lopsided game was mine and my team isn't an offensive powerhouse by any means. And I wasn't running up the score either. I think the quarter time is fine right now. It allows for more comebacks and doesn't let people sleep on teams. I wouldn't have lost any if not for the extra time and the Rams would have been like 14-2 last season. :p

...did you just call my mom a bitch?! Fuck off!

I made horrid decisions in that game and gave up 2 fumbles
And could not stop your run

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
I made horrid decisions in that game and gave up 2 fumbles
And could not stop your run
Yeah, I'm just saying it wasn't about the time. The league has had low scoring games too. Bucs/Panthers, Jets/Broncos, Bengals/Browns in the last two weeks.

The NFL scores are getting ridiculous too, but that's because you're not allowed to touch the QB anymore. :(

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I'm just saying it wasn't about the time. The league has had low scoring games too. Bucs/Panthers, Jets/Broncos, Bengals/Browns in the last two weeks.

The NFL scores are getting ridiculous too, but that's because you're not allowed to touch the QB anymore. :(

It was also my last game with the Texans, I was just flinging it

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Rors! You should scrim me tonight whenever you are up for it.
Definitely. Maybe sooner than later if this game turns into a laffer...oh shit just as I type that, huge run by Bell.

Cutler will find a way to fuck it up...

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Definitely. Maybe sooner than later if this game turns into a laffer...oh shit just as I type that, huge run by Bell.

Cutler will find a way to fuck it up...

:lol :lol They will end up with a FG here. Just shoot me a IM when you want to.

edit: :lol :lol :lol Cutler, he is going to turn into VY

Matrix

Fifty said:

:lol :lol

This makes me wish he was never from Houston.

"I don't think it's about the talent on the teams. It's about the players. A lot of players are making bad offensive decisions or calling super vanilla defenses. The most lopsided game was mine and my team isn't an offensive powerhouse by any means. And I wasn't running up the score either. I think the quarter time is fine right now. It allows for more comebacks and doesn't let people sleep on teams. I wouldn't have lost any if not for the extra time and the Rams would have been like 14-2 last season. :p'

Rors you know though if you had some of the players CB has or Smokey you would be able to win almost every game with ease.

You lost a game to me last season cause of a glitch, but still you didn't blow me out cause you had a shitty ass QB. We both know you can beat me and if you were surrounded by better players you would never lose.

Some of these teams due to trades/ and being able to pull of some crazy shit have become powerhouses controlled by already good players.

Rors, Dm is the master of low scoring games. I would want to sleep when I would play him....boring as hell :p

Smokey

So I'll just say this now...

I don't run up the score. If I was trying to run up the score I would've scored again before the half in the game against the Seahawks. Also if you look at that game...I scored 35 points in the first half...and zero in the second. That was not by accident. If I was running up the score I would've kept trying to score obviously. The only time I did score was when blue quit and I was playing the CPU, and by that time I was in rage mode and didn't really care.

The only game that I feel bad about was the game again Matrix. That game I was not in the right state of mind, and I apologized to him for that.

But really...if you have an issue with my play style I would appreciate if you PM'd me. If I feel like somebody is attacking me...you get what happened on the last page.

I don't cheese, I don't take advantage of glitches, and I am not unbeatable. Ask Crow, LJ, and others who have beaten me in scrimmages.

So yeah. From now on if I'm up by at certain amount...I'll simply kneel the ball every down no matter what quarter it is. Shouldn't have to do that, but I'm pretty much getting sick of hearing I run up the score when I do not so that is what I'll do this point forward.

Mrbob

Lonestar said:
Only if it's over by about 10 pm CST

What time can you play tomorrow then?

Or tues?

I won't be able to play till about 9:30 cst tomorrow, or around 9cst on tuesday. We can get it in then.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
:lol :lol They will end up with a FG here. Just shoot me a IM when you want to.

edit: :lol :lol :lol Cutler, he is going to turn into VY
Except VY wins games! ;b

Matrix said:
Some of these teams due to trades/ and being able to pull of some crazy shit have become powerhouses controlled by already good players.
Some teams did get an incredible amount of talent, but not all. I think, other than a few teams, we're more balanced than not. I think the rookie draft broke our rosters more than anything. They never adjusted for the new "slower" Madden and just copy/pasted the rosters from head coach. I think changing the time would benefit the strong teams more since there would be a point where they could just coast. Most of us used to just take the 4th quarter off in previous Madden leagues. :lol You can't do that anymore.

[edit]
Rors, Dm is the master of low scoring games. I would want to sleep when I would play him....boring as hell :p
:lol

Matrix

Anyone feel like the rookies were taken straight out of NCAA 09? That was the last time I saw speed backs like this.

"That's when I strike!!
"With the 1 yard FB run and then the FG! You'll never see it coming!"

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, alot of my game is based off of DM-Principles. Love me some FB dive plays. Think last year, my RB with the most TD's, was Sammy Morris in at Fullback.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Hey, alot of my game is based off of DM-Principles.

Remind me to play you if I'm up late and having problems sleeping.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Hey, alot of my game is based off of DM-Principles. Love me some FB dive plays. Think last year, my RB with the most TD's, was Sammy Morris in at Fullback.

DM, the godfather of the HB Direct Snap. :lol

Mrbob

Wellington said:
4) Missed Tackles and bad angles. EA fucked up with the player switch button this year. It usually does not even go to the next closest guy.

I had the third ranked D in the league last year, this year it's freaking awful. It's not that people have figured me out, I think it's more of guys getting better at making plays.

This drives me crazy. I hate how EA screwed up the player switch button. It doesn't always get you to the proper guy, leading to a ton of missed tackles.

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
This drives me crazy. I hate how EA screwed up the player switch button. It doesn't always get you to the proper guy, leading to a ton of missed tackles.

Yeah, I can't count how many times I'll switch and it goes to the safety or someone far away only for me to fall down because of the direction I'm already hitting on the stick. :lol

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Yeah, I can't count how many times I'll switch and it goes to the safety or someone far away only for me to fall down because of the direction I'm already hitting on the stick. :lol
Yeah, I've bitched about that often. I have no idea what the logic involved in switching is. It used to be the guy closest to the ball or the guy with the best angle...now it's that OR some random dude they've picked.

any word on when this patch is supposed to hit?

im hoping the improved pursuit angles mean better man coverage and reaction to the routes :/

i can live with the minimal pressure of the d-line, but you couple that with poor coverage (at times) and that is a recipe for 40 point games!

Top Bottom