• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

Ramirez said:
I gotta play Smokey...christ. Why can't I play Luke?

They can't all go down as easily as me, Ramirez.

DMczaf said:
Wild Card Round

Chargers @ Steelers

Bears @ Packers

Patriots @ Colts

Giants @ Cards

And WTF at Bob making it in. I guess his trade with me was a good choice after all. Ever since then he's been winning. So much for my high pick.

Edit: So basically two people got in who didn't deserve it? Smokey and Bob?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hell, I'd rather play Bird or IVEBEENDISRESPECTED

Oh well, one and done for me! But still nice to have EARNED my weak ass playoff spot.

I'm not sure, but Luke might have also made it in when he shouldn't have, if Bird did sweep the series against him. I think H2H is the 1st tie breaker.

Any idea when you want to play, Luke?

I did save the raw data of the regular season, and I've added on the regular season records (didn't do that season 1).

I'm gonna save Sable's player ratings, there's probably something we can do to show changes in player ratings (similar to what I did with the season to season stat changes)

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

Oh well, one and done for me! But still nice to have EARNED my weak ass playoff spot.
Weren't you the same guy who accused me of running up the score on you? Man have times changed. Funny how dogs bark when they have something to bark about.

DCX

Mrbob

Fifty said:
And WTF at Bob making it in. I guess his trade with me was a good choice after all. Ever since then he's been winning. So much for my high pick.

Edit: So basically two people got in who didn't deserve it? Smokey and Bob?

:D

Don't forget Luke as well. I would argue of all the NFC wild card teams I've been playing the best down the stretch, although sable should have technically got the spot!

Each win I get keeps on driving your draft pick further down, so it is important for me to keep winning!

And yeah, Thomas has been pretty good for me. About as good as Briggs. Nice insurance policy. My big trade though was with DJ. He helped me completely revamp my secondary, giving me a very good CB and safety as starters.

daw840

Well. I guess I will never win a wildcard spot (not like that was happening anyways this season). I am completely boned with the Vikings alphabetical order. What. The. Fuck. EA. SMH

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:

I'm not sure, but Luke might have also made it in when he shouldn't have, if Bird did sweep the series against him. I think H2H is the 1st tie breaker.

Any idea when you want to play, Luke?

I did save the raw data of the regular season, and I've added on the regular season records (didn't do that season 1).

I'm gonna save Sable's player ratings, there's probably something we can do to show changes in player ratings (similar to what I did with the season to season stat changes)

I can't beat you Lone. I could go tonight, but I just got back from a day snowboarding, need some time to clean up and get some dinner.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Also, I should've just waited on the Titans/Colts game from last week until AirBrian came back so that I wouldn't have had to play Rors as Chris Johnson! Birdman holds up the league to wait for AirBrian to come back rather than face Rors

It's not like I held up the league specifically to play AirBrian. It was just a coincidence that he got back into town yesterday. I was out of town last week...then on Sunday my wife's uncle was pulled off of life support so I haven't been at home until tonight.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey bob and luke got in and shouldn't have ;)

birdman choked away a game to AirBrian who hasn't played for 2 months - seems like EA did the right thing ;)

seriously though, pretty lame that half of the people shouldn't by there, myself included.

Birdman02 said:
It's not like I held up the league specifically to play AirBrian. It was just a coincidence that he got back into town yesterday. I was out of town last week...then on Sunday my wife's uncle was pulled off of life support so I haven't been at home until tonight.

I'm just fucking around! I wish we could play in the Wild Card round, I want another shot at you!

Fifty

How fucking amateur is it of EA Tiburon to finally give us online franchises, advertise it on the box..and not have proper playoff tiebreakers? Did they do one test season, have zero ties, and just forget about it? Actually, I'm guessing they didn't do any online franchise testing.

For them to use team name as the decisive playoff tiebreaker is just a joke. If I thought they cared enough to feel shame, I'd say that they should be ashamed of themselves.

i just dont get why the in-game standings are correct and then the game doesn't follow it. for instance, the jags are in first place on the in-game menu. the raiders are in 2nd place in the AFC west (chargers in 3rd).

well, pretty much par for the course with EA i suppose. sorry to those that should have gotten in and didn't. a pain i know all too well (not from this season though!)

and the last thing, EA doesn't even need to program the tie breakers right. they just need to give the commish the tools to put the right teams in the playoffs (like NBA 2kx does)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
capt.0ee10baf76754f909d51f05f48c13689.colts_great_debate_football_inmc103.jpg

Some half ass shit EA!

Mrbob

Lets be honest here, the only reason you are really angry about this is because it directly affects your draft pick from me. :lol

Lonestar

DCX said:
Weren't you the same guy who accused me of running up the score on you? Man have times changed. Funny how dogs bark when they have something to bark about.

DCX

Well...

You did!

I'm still on the same side, FIGHTING INJUSTICE

neeson3.jpg

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
birdman choked away a game to AirBrian who hasn't played for 2 months - seems like EA did the right thing ;)

seriously though, pretty lame that half of the people shouldn't by there, myself included.

I'm just fucking around! I wish we could play in the Wild Card round, I want another shot at you!

AB owns me....he's beat me 3 out of 4. Wait a minute, that's the same record I have against you!! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Lets be honest here, the only reason you are really angry about this is because it directly affects your draft pick from me. :lol

No one wants to see a Bears team in the playoffs, lets keep this real and honest.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Next season I have dibs on the Bears and jpout.

I'll take the Bengals.

Fifty

I'm just lucky that my division rival is the Steelers. Being the Ravens, I don't stand a chance at namebeating most teams. Bob has the best team in the game for settling ties. Go Bears! What a f'ing joke. I'm not angry because I didn't get in; I'm just disappointed. If I had the Baltimore Bedazzlers, I would have gotten in over teams that I lost to in the Raiders and Chargers.

Rorschach

Birdman got screwed the most because he had the sweep and the division.

It really is baffling that the console has it right, but the playoffs aren't decided by the console standings... The tie breakers are there, but it's almost like they went out of their way to not include them.

Matrix

I could have a miracle season coming up and still not get in cause I'm the f-ing Texans.

Lonestar

Code:
AFC East Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Bills           14	2	0	0.875	446	290	7-1	7-1	6-0	11-1
	Patriots	12	4	0	0.75	457	378	6-2	6-2	4-2	9-3
	Dolphins	4	12	0	0.25	340	453	3-5	1-7	1-5	3-9
	Jets     	4	12	0	0.25	309	421	1-7	3-5	1-5	2-10
AFC North Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Steelers	12	4	0	0.75	499	378	7-1	5-3	5-1	9-3
	Ravens  	     11	5	0	0.688	506	405	7-1	4-4	5-1	8-4
	Bengals     	4	12	0	0.25	325	427	2-6	2-6	1-5	3-9
	Browns     	3	13	0	0.188	279	333	1-7	2-6	1-5	1-11
AFC South Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Colts     	10	6	0	0.625	531	361	6-2	4-4	4-2	8-4
	Jags     	10	6	0	0.625	401	387	5-3	5-3	5-1	8-4
	Texans     	6	10	0	0.375	390	524	4-4	2-6	2-4	5-7
	Titans     	2	14	0	0.125	357	556	1-7	1-7	1-5	2-10
AFC West Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Broncos     	14	2	0	0.875	447	265	8-0	6-2	6-0	11-1
	Chargers	11	5	0	0.688	540	340	7-1	4-4	3-3	7-5
	RaIders     	11	5	0	0.688	534	297	7-1	4-4	3-3	8-4
	Chiefs	         1	15	0	0.063	229	536	1-7	0-8	0-6	1-11

NFC East Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Eagles	        15	1	0	0.938	605	426	8-0	7-1	6-0	12-0
	Giants     	12	4	0	0.75	521	384	5-3	7-1	4-2	8-4
	Cowboys     	7	9	0	0.438	430	438	5-3	2-6	1-5	5-7
	Redskins	4	12	0	0.25	331	571	2-6	2-6	1-5	2-10
NFC North Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Packers     	12	4	0	0.75	441	314	6-2	6-2	5-1	9-3
	Bears     	9	7	0	0.563	348	306	6-2	3-5	4-2	7-5
	Lions     	4	12	0	0.25	293	439	3-5	1-7	1-5	3-9
	Vikings     	4	12	0	0.25	365	433	4-4	0-8	2-4	3-9
NFC South Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Buccs     	12	4	0	0.75	356	314	7-1	5-3	5-1	9-3
	Saints     	9	7	0	0.563	425	446	4-4	5-3	3-3	7-5
	Falcons     	8	8	0	0.5	410	459	5-3	3-5	3-3	6-6
	Panthers	4	12	0	0.25	308	432	3-5	1-7	1-5	4-8
NFC West Team		W	L	T	Pct	PF	PA	Home	Road	Div	Conf
	Cardinals	9	7	0	0.563	432	444	5-3	4-4	4-2	8-4
	49ers	        9	7	0	0.563	413	426	6-2	3-5	4-2	7-5
	Rams    	5	11	0	0.313	307	349	2-6	3-5	2-4	3-9
	Seahawks	4	12	0	0.25	401	444	3-5	1-7	2-4	3-9

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
What games you got?

What happened to the GAF Burnout PS3 party?! We should do that some time. I've never played it online.

Word. I downloaded it off of PSN and haven't played nearly enough. Hook that up!!!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Birdman got screwed the most because he had the sweep and the division.

It really is baffling that the console has it right, but the playoffs aren't decided by the console standings... The tie breakers are there, but it's almost like they went out of their way to not include them.

Funny enough, someone tweeted the online franchise producer that their league had the wrong seedings as well. His response?

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda/status/7169607079

i just need the seahawks and rams to rise up! come on motherfuckers! and retire already old man warner! RETIRE TO A HEAVENLY PARADISE WITH THAT DELICIOUS FLOWER BRENDA!

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
This was your shot - this year. Next year the division belongs to Curtis Painter.
I really, REALLY hope Manning retires, but I know it's not gonna happen. Garrard, on the other hand, is probably ready to quit after that game. Either that, or come back with a vengeance next season!

I'm sure we'll be matched up in week 1 again....maybe I can get a free shot on Manning with Robert Mathis and knock him out for the year.

Matrix

Next year Schaub goes off, no more 27 ints through 7 games!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just need the seahawks and rams to rise up! come on motherfuckers! and retire already old man warner! RETIRE TO A HEAVENLY PARADISE WITH THAT DELICIOUS FLOWER BRENDA!

let me trade story Brady for his draft picks!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Funny enough, someone tweeted the online franchise producer that their league had the wrong seedings as well. His response?

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda/status/7169607079
What does he mean by "it"? It seems like they're fixing their standings? I sent a few tweets about it to him last year, but he never responded. He responded to another guy saying they were "working on it."

I think that guy he's replying to is an insidur. Seems to get a lot of responses from pasta, ryan, ian, etc. We're small fries!

[edit] Next season is Pat White's season and he doesn't give a fuck about respek! He'll earn it with his legs! I really should have given him more snaps :\

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
"It" is the magical fix.

And wtf at my scoring stats...I've become DMBALL. :x

BOBSPREADBALL, the new hotness.
Just checked and "it" is the e-mail where the guy is going to send the "fixes" that need to be made.

What a fucking crock.

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
Well, now my playoff hopes are in EA's hands. Garrard had, by far, his worst game of the season throwing 5 picks. In 4 games against the Titans, Garrard has thrown like 19 INTs....the Titan's D is Garrard's kryptonite. My defense was playing well until I lost Justin Durant for 10 weeks....after that, I don't think I made 1 stop the rest of the game.

GG AirBrian and welcome back.
GG, Birdman!

Oh man, what a predicament I created! :D

Top Bottom