• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AirBrian said:
Our division is like last years Big 12: Titans own Jags, Jags own Colts, Colts own Titans.

And then there's the Texans. :lol

I owned the Titans! All is right in the world.

Nightz

So is draft order determined by team names as well? There are 8 teams at 4-12 right now, and I would have the inside track if it is by team name. :lol

Birdman02

Nightz said:
So is draft order determined by team names as well? There are 8 teams at 4-12 right now, and I would have the inside track if it is by team name. :lol

Actually, I think it would be backward. Since you're the 1st letter in the alphabet, that means you had the best 4-12 season....meaning a lower draft pick. You're the Bengals, right?

I <3 EA!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man. got ugly pretty early; looking back at some of those replays i was just calling the exact wrong play way too much.

just like daw last season in the playoffs revengeance is yours

ah well at least i have the IRL cards

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys we're playing marvel! come join us!

How can I join you when you are on the 360 dashboard.

edit- nm

Matrix

Fuck you Venom, Fuck you Xbox controller, Fuck you Capcom for making a game that makes no sense to me.

Wish I had another thread to vent in :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
gg man. got ugly pretty early; looking back at some of those replays i was just calling the exact wrong play way too much.

just like daw last season in the playoffs revengeance is yours
I did not play Daw in the playoffs last season.

BTW, it's possible gents. One on one coverage, my guy got a step and I lobbed it up for him.

Matrix

Wellington said:

BTW, it's possible gents. One on one coverage, my guy got a step and I lobbed it up for him.

Oh it happens once in a blue moon and nice catch.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
gg Luke

I knew I was in trouble when Girley just ran sideways and up the field on Luke's first play from scrimmage.

I knew I was fucked when I had a hurry up to the goalline before halftime, failed to get in, and then have the only field goal block I can ever remember. It was a cross of the Guard running back to get the ball glitch, and Mack zipping through the line.

I can't decide if I should draft DB's, or find the next Girley or Keller. I could have had Girley too, but went with Mata, who I feel was a bust :(

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Actually, I think it would be backward. Since you're the 1st letter in the alphabet, that means you had the best 4-12 season....meaning a lower draft pick. You're the Bengals, right?

I <3 EA!!
You're probably right. I'm screwed.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
gg Luke

I knew I was in trouble when Girley just ran sideways and up the field on Luke's first play from scrimmage.

I knew I was fucked when I had a hurry up to the goalline before halftime, failed to get in, and then have the only field goal block I can ever remember. It was a cross of the Guard running back to get the ball glitch, and Mack zipping through the line.

I can't decide if I should draft DB's, or find the next Girley or Keller. I could have had Girley too, but went with Mata, who I feel was a bust :(

gg Lonestar

The Bellows train is pretty unstoppable, I'd rather have him than Girley!
My rookies all came up big, Girley, Prince Justin picking off a deep throw to Bellows, Mack Jackson 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 injured fargas and a FG block and lil Jimmy Manning did some work too.

the fg block

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:

right, i beat daw in the regular season last season and then lost a completely forgettable wildcard game to him that was never really that competitive. total deja vu on my end. one and done!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
right, i beat daw in the regular season last season and then lost a completely forgettable wildcard game to him that was never really that competitive. total deja vu on my end. one and done!
The only question I have... when I sacked Warner on your first two drives, why did you hurry up and run the same play?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
The only question I have... when I sacked Warner on your first two drives, why did you hurry up and run the same play?
i was just trying to get the ball out quicker against the blitz but guys were consistently coming in completely untouched. never been sacked that much in a game. i was looking at the replays and even the cpu dlineman were breaking in on one move. meanwhile cpu suggs is sitting there at right end not doing shit all game. oh well.

LukeSmith

AstroLad said:
i was just trying to get the ball out quicker against the blitz but guys were consistently coming in completely untouched. never been sacked that much in a game. i was looking at the replays and even the cpu dlineman were breaking in on one move. meanwhile cpu suggs is sitting there at right end not doing shit all game. oh well.

Wellie's been holding out on that good shit during the regular season. Now he's going to unleash the dragon.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
meanwhile cpu suggs is sitting there at right end not doing shit all game. oh well.

suggs-large.jpg

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i vow to win the NFC west next season and get past the first round. that is my promise to YOU, madden-gaf!

This statement here sounds almost word for word what pheeniks said in NBA2K.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i vow to win the NFC west next season and get past the first round. that is my promise to YOU, madden-gaf!

p.s. good marvel games fellas!

That'd probably be bulletin board material if the class of the NFC wasn't getting ready for their playoff games :(

Matrix

Smokey said:
Just checked and my 360 is scheduled to arrive at the house tomorrow.

I for one, cannot wait for this glorious occasion.

Good luck.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Looking at your poor performance in MVC2, I'd say I can dominate you in SFIV.

son please. dont let that button masher fool you. SF4 is a whole different beast. its not even a contest

Rorschach said:
I already have sf4 on ps3... maybe I'll get ssf4 on 360, but I'd have to get a 360 stick :\ bleh

the tekken stick works nicely with SF4 but for some reason i can't really get used to it with marvel. i don't know why. i've gone back to the controller for marvel :(

Wellington said:

Not sure about Livewire but thats not the type of play I was talking about at all. I'm talking about the TE is wide open, safety is too far to make a play and the LB is in a zone in a spot where he shouldn't be able to deflect the pass.

And a good % of the type of plays you made will be dropped on that hit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Just checked and my 360 is scheduled to arrive at the house tomorrow.

I for one, cannot wait for this glorious occasion.
Excellent. So if Bob or Ramirez don't Bob us, and assuming Smokey gets his 360, we could get round one done today!

Has anyone else seen a drastic increase in fumbles lately? Brandon Jacobs fumbled I think three times during weeks 1-16 and in week 17 and the game last night has now fumbled four times. Four fumbles in 41 carries is fucking unheard of, I can't stress enough how he has a 95 CAR rating. Worse there've been multiple times when he isn't even hit and just flat out drops the ball. It's just a pain in the ass when you're doing everything right and then you have a fumble which you can't even try to prevent if you have the ball (Good luck with the cover ball button)... you're out of your scoring opportunity and usually give the opponent a short field.

Sableholic said:
Not sure about Livewire but thats not the type of play I was talking about at all. I'm talking about the TE is wide open, safety is too far to make a play and the LB is in a zone in a spot where he shouldn't be able to deflect the pass.

And a good % of the type of plays you made will be dropped on that hit.

I was moreso referring to being able to beat a CB on a fly route. I know I am cheating tho because he bumped the WR at the line.

Nice to see some of MGAF up so early!

Matrix

"It's just a pain in the ass when you're doing everything right and then you have a fumble which you can't even try to prevent if you have the ball (Good luck with the cover ball button)..."

Our last game of the season, Slaton *using the cover ball button* and Moats coughed it up. Jacobs fumbled twice as well.

It's increased so badly, that I'm going to have to rethink how I'm going to play next season.

Worse thing about the Texans is when my players cough it up, I don't have the speed to catch up to the defenders and it's a free 7 usually, unless the mini game is activated.

Dude I got a PS3 and you guys need to play fighting games on there so I can show you how its done (and the D-pad is sweet). Smokey got a taste earlier of Liu Kang!

BigAT

LukeSmith said:

Is it just me or does the ball leave before the kicker even hits it and it just gets vacuumed to the defenders hands?

Regarding fumbles, this is completely anecdotal evidence obviously, but I've noticed them a lot more lately. I never had a problem with Ryan Grant in the past, but he's lost a few my last couple of games to end the season. My backup RB wasn't exactly sure handed before, but now it seems like the rate he fumbles has increased tenfold.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My first fumble with Jacobs was on the first play of the game on O, but the second one he was a bit fatigued but not much, dark yellow/brown which isn't even so bad.

I've got four guys that can run the ball well so I will make sure to rotate them a little better if it's an issue of fatigue. It just sucks because I am a run first offense like some of the other guys here.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
Dude I got a PS3 and you guys need to play fighting games on there so I can show you how its done (and the D-pad is sweet). Smokey got a taste earlier of Liu Kang!

I'm the undisputed king of Mortal Kombat II, if that's the game you're referring to on PS3.

Smokey

Yes on PS3.

I had to give pheeniks some leeway. Him being a new PS3 owner and all I didn't want him to get too discouraged.

Top Bottom