• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

big_make-face-angry.jpg

Fifty

The chances are 1/1000 that Airbrian reads the thread today. They go to 1/100000 if said reading includes prior pages.

So because of DM's hilarious picture, I'll repost myself
If Airbrian can play before the games today (as he originally said) (big IF being if he reads the forum in time) I'm free all today/tonight.

bluemax

Banned
TheCrow said:
:lol Vanilla is the perfect way to describe my offense at least for last season. I just hated passing because I was afraid of making bad reads and making myself lose. I was quite content with just running out of I-Form all game and as long as I kept the game close. My defense and special teams made plays and won games for me which is why I always choose to kick off. :D

Sounds like my old Chargers strategy that got me into the playoffs! I didn't ride it too a Super Bowl though.

LukeSmith

Good game Birdman. Seemed highly improbable that I'd get in field goal range starting at my own 25 with 20 seconds left to play. And I certainly couldn't have gotten in Vinatieri FG range. Dan Carpenter paying dividends!

Mack Jackson Injury Watch: Knocked DeAngelo Williams out 2x in this game, including birdman's final drive.

Birdman02

GG Luke. I hate that Peyton Manning can make every single throw, but I guess that's true to life. I really thought about going for 2 at the end, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

See you for the rematch in 2 weeks.

I <3 Chad Henne and DeAngelo Williams. I should have ran the ball more though.

Birdman02 said:
GG Luke. I hate that Peyton Manning can make every single throw, but I guess that's true to life. I really thought about going for 2 at the end, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

everytime i play luke i run into that. manning making every ridiculous throw. but then i cannot complain because i've seen real life colts games :(

bird can you contact airbrian if possible?

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Good game Birdman. Seemed highly improbable that I'd get in field goal range starting at my own 25 with 20 seconds left to play. And I certainly couldn't have gotten in Vinatieri FG range. Dan Carpenter paying dividends!

Mack Jackson Injury Watch: Knocked DeAngelo Williams out 2x in this game, including birdman's final drive.
Brian Urlacher clone :eek:

DCX

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:

Our last three games have been epic - all decided by 3 points or less.

EDIT: Sable the script is doing something weird with some teams stats for me - it's generating multiple game stats, even before birdman and I had played it had stats for us. Looks like it just doubled our stats from the first game

Birdman02

I think AB said he was gonna be out a lot this weekend, but I'll see if I can get in touch with him.

Luke, you have no idea how many times I wanted to launch my controller across the room during that game!

Fifty

Damn

Airbrian:

Let's shoot for tomorrow or Monday. I gotta run out now, but I'll PM you when I get home later tonight and we'll nail down a time.

I wish he could play when he got home later tonight. I can't play at all tomorrow because of the Ravens game, and then staying at a friend's place overnight. I work really really early on Monday so I can't play late that night, just from between 4:30 and 10:30pm eastern. Hopefully he can play between that time, but monday is sooo far away. I want to play today :(

My theory on Airbrian being on the run from the law still stands.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
I think AB said he was gonna be out a lot this weekend, but I'll see if I can get in touch with him.

Luke, you have no idea how many times I wanted to launch my controller across the room during that game!

I thought I'd given the game away with those two picks - the one where your safety came up and hit Clark out of the way was clearly PI - but the game didn't call it. And DeAngelo was out of bounds on that 58 yard screen pass and they didn't call that either, I didn't want to Challenge and lose a timeout tho :(

Birdman02

I think Williams got one of those animations where neither one of his feet hit the ground, so you probably would have lost the challenge anyways.

I think you got a makeup call on that long pass to Reggie Wayne. Clark started blocking my FS while the ball was still in the air. I think I might have been able to make a play on the ball if that hadn't happened. Clark was pissing me off the entire game. Other than that pick, he was wide open on pretty much every play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT just randomly threw it out there. I honestly thought he was joking at first. Clearly my position as a Commish is simular to what Jim Zorn was this season.

FMT is Basically Fidel Castro

CB3 said:
FMT just randomly threw it out there. I honestly thought he was joking at first. Clearly my position as a Commish is simular to what Jim Zorn was this season.

FMT is Basically Fidel Castro

what's done is done! we will go back to our regular advancement times after this as there are no more holidays!

sorry bros, i want to play my week 2 game too!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what's done is done! we will go back to our regular advancement times after this as there are no more holidays!

sorry bros, i want to play my week 2 game too!
But my birfday is coming up and so is my cat's... AND MLK! They took his life, but they couldn't take his pride!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Seriously, i hate this fucking router, and i need a real wireless solution for my 360. This old ass router and xbox, yes original xbox wireless adapter has been past on by :(

DCX

Birdman02 said:
Sounds good. I'm gonna be playing in front of a live audience
my son and maybe my wife
, so take it easy on me.

I'm on xbl now, so invite me when you're ready.

That's bold of you. I couldn't play anything competitive in front of family or friends....I typically treat it like I'm watching my own game. When I played livewire there was a lot of cussing and getting really pissed :lol

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
That's bold of you. I couldn't play anything competitive in front of family or friends....I typically treat it like I'm watching my own game. When I played livewire there was a lot of cussing and getting really pissed :lol
I do this regardless whos watching, at times when i score i touchdown my daughters run into the living room to give me a high five! :D

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
I do this regardless whos watching, at times when i score i touchdown my daughters run into the living room to give me a high five! :D

DCX

This league has made my 3 yr old son a Jaguars fan. Everyone that beats me should know that they're breaking a 3 yr old's little heart.

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
This league has made my 3 yr old son a Jaguars fan. Everyone that beats me should know that they're breaking a 3 yr old's little heart.
You're raising a Jags fan? He should just get used to the heartbreak early.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:

You should tell him stories about Matt Jones before bed

Fifty

If Airbrian can't play tonight (give him an hour after the Cowboys game to come home and respond)..

Sim my game. I don't feel like playing dead tired on monday, as I would have to do, if he can play at all that day.

All the risk would be on my end in a simmed game. It's his best shot at a win. I'm being so unselfish as to not demand to face the CPU, but just to request that we sim it and move on so that people can play tonight/tomorrow/monday.

GCQuinton

Live, if we advance tonight I SHOULD be free most of tomorrow so just let me know when you wanna roll.

Thanks again for the birthday love, everybody!

DCX

DCX
With this oliver branch Fifty is throwing at us, Sable when league advances tonight will you be available to play?

DCX

i'm waiting for airbrian to show up tonight. tempted to let someone fill in for the titans or let fifty play the cpu given that this game probably won't get done until tuesday or wednesday otherwise.

when i set the extra extend period for this week i figured because a lot of people were just getting back, we just did the draft, and the extra time would be valuable. but it isn't, we've just been waiting on the 1 game.

Top Bottom