• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Chargers defeat Vikings 23-8

GAF Sports

It was billed as a primetime matchup. Two of the top running backs: Adrian Peterson and Michael Turner. A defense stocked to the brim with talent on the Minnesota Vikings, and a potent offense for the Chargers orchestrated by Philip Rivers. The field was full of talent, but in the end the San Diego Chargers prevailed.

The Chargers came into today's primetime game with a gameplan and they executed it (almost) without a hitch. The Chargers knew how explosive Peterson could be, so they made it a focus all week to shut him down. Peterson finished today's game with only 16 yards rushing and was used more as a passer than a running back. Shawn Merriman said "Coach Smokey did a great job getting us ready to play today. As a LB core we took it personal when we heard people say Peterson would rush for 100+ yards. We had a gameplan and I think we did a great job executing that on the football field"

Indeed they did. Merriman finished the game with 3 sacks on Vikings QB Jamarcus Russell. Linebacker Nick Barnett and defensive back Antonio Cromartie also finished the game with an interception a piece. The Charger defense also forced 2 fumbles by Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.

Offensively QB Philip Rivers of the Chargers did enough to manage the game. He finished 10/17 with 129 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. When asked about his performance he responded "I knew I wouldn't be asked to do too much this week. Coach Smokey had a strategy coming into today's game and all I wanted to do was manage that as carefully as I could". RB Michael Turner finished the game with 79 yards off of 22 attempts.

The Chargers move on to face the Chicago Bears in week 2. The Vikings will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

---

GG Daw!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This MAC Address trick is dope. I'm 2/2 on getting onto Live in hotels so far on this trip. Can't believe I didn't learn about it until now.

TheCrow

DenogginizerOS said:
Crow,

I will be on like we planned at 815EST. I am downloading this Ultimate card game so we won't have any issues.

I'll be on. Maybe we shouldn't have extended the week so much. :\

Rorschach

Sigh...let me know when you want to play. I'll be on AIM. Dunno if something will come up later, but I'll most likely be on AIM or XBL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Sigh...let me know when you want to play. I'll be on AIM. Dunno if something will come up later, but I'll most likely be on AIM or XBL.

it's about done. Was just pissed and didn't want to play pissed, but log back in if you want to go.

Fifty

Nightz said:
Gotta wait 'til Sunday. :(

More like Monday. I can't play on Sunday, and before you freak out on me, remember that this is the first day he can play. So really it's like I'm playing on the second day. And remember that FMT said that the deadline was wednesday.

Mrbob

Damn it fiddy.

You aren't my favorite commish anymore.

We should hold out till the last day just to agitate wellington. :D

Rorschach

GG Lone.

How the fuck does DHB already have two drops? So much for catch ratings...

Oh well, at least I have a badass homerun hitter now in McFadden! To think I almost traded the bastard.

Lonestar

That's what I get for playing mad and hungry, but Ror got his game in, so that's all that matters.

All of mcfadden long runs were on mistakes I made. Always been my downfall.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
That's what I get for playing mad and hungry, but Ror got his game in, so that's all that matters.
You didn't say you hadn't eaten. And I didn't say you had to play with either of those feelings.

Rorschach said:
GG Lone.

How the fuck does DHB already have two drops? So much for catch ratings...

Oh well, at least I have a badass homerun hitter now in McFadden! To think I almost traded the bastard.

crabtree - 10 catches, 0 drops, 1 rushing TD.

u lose

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
crabtree - 10 catches, 0 drops, 1 rushing TD.

u lose
:[ He shall rise again! I just couldn't pass too much since I felt the points brigade breathing down my neck when I was up 21-0. Throttled it all the way down.

Lonestar

Eh, I'm ok, just dissapointed I played so so shitty that first half. Moong the safety out of position everytime on those run...ugh dumb dumb dumb. That on top of the insane auto win of mcfadden (hurrdle!!) was disaster in the making. Add on dumb throws. Pffffffffft.

Here comes the TANK season!

TheCrow

GG Denog. After you returned the opening kick off I thought I was done for. But the momentum shifted right back to me especially after I knocked out Sanchez for the game in the first quarter(going to miss 2 more weeks). You almost made a comeback in the fourth but I was able to rebound and secure the lead through some timely ints.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yes I am bored, but I am looking at all the times of the games this season. Interesting how it is based on how the last season went. Broncos have 7 primetime games! Packers have 3. Lions have none....:(

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
Yes I am bored, but I am looking at all the times of the games this season. Interesting how it is based on how the last season went. Broncos have 7 primetime games! Packers have 3. Lions have none....:(
We saw that last year and it's broken. There are like 100 monday night games. There are even Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday games.

The only ones that count are the ones that actually show up as night games in the game. I only had 1 last year, but it said I had 13 monday night games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
3 primetime games whoo! Next week vs. Ravens is a Tuesday Night Football spectacular, which is fitting. It would actually be cool if those games had a different atmosphere/presentation or just felt more momentous. Madden 2020 believe

Top Bottom