• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man lots of crazy and lucky plays.

glad the connection seemed good the whole game bodes well for giants-cards iv revengeance part ii

couldn't figure out how to switch to component so i was playing on composite on the hotel hdtv and holy shit didn't affect my gameplay but it was like playing through cataracts. i can't believe we ever subjected ourselves to standard def

PBY

Banned
AstroLad said:
gg man lots of crazy and lucky plays.

glad the connection seemed good the whole game bodes well for giants-cards iv revengeance part ii

couldn't figure out how to switch to component so i was playing on composite on the hotel hdtv and holy shit didn't affect my gameplay but it was like playing through cataracts. i can't believe we ever subjected ourselves to standard def
yeah was a crazy game... the highlight had to be the back to back kick returns to the house, unbelievable

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
you're probably sleepin but i just got home wells just in case. gonna see if this works now

edit: wow can't believe i just called this hotel home

edit 2: whoop, got it working!
Dammit!! :lol

I'll do whatever it takes to get this game in, but you don't understand what a lack of sleep does to me. :lol I got 6 hours two nights ago and I damn near passed out at an 8 AM meeting and then later after lunch at my desk. Shit kills my lifts too. I don't know how guys go out late on worknights and then are actually functional.

I am expecting an epic beatdown from an angry Cards team. The I get the pleasure of meeting LeBron for the first time next week. :( 1-3 is not so bad I guess, Bob has climbed out of deeper holes.... but I don't have the alphabetical advantage Bob does. :(

Bengals-Browns
Giants-Cardinals
Colts-Jaguars
Chiefs-Jets
Ravens-Seahawks
Bears-Vikings

It seems like a lot of these games might get played today. Is there any that isn't?

BigAT

ph33nix said:
Bengals-Browns
Giants-Cardinals
Colts-Jaguars
Chiefs-Jets
Ravens-Seahawks
Bears-Vikings

It seems like a lot of these games might get played today. Is there any that isn't?

Yeah.

daw840

ph33nix said:
Bengals-Browns
Giants-Cardinals
Colts-Jaguars
Chiefs-Jets
Ravens-Seahawks
Bears-Vikings

I think Bob said he could play this evening. I think.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
My plan is to play you as late as possible and "fifty" you.

3eea74bb-9474-45bf-b156-442135133454.medium

LukeSmith

ph33nix said:
Bengals-Browns
Giants-Cardinals
Colts-Jaguars
Chiefs-Jets
Ravens-Seahawks
Bears-Vikings

Birdman said yesterday he doubted he could play before Thursday because of the flu.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
I'm going to stop playing my games on day one.

I hate waiting so long for the next week.
Well, there was the week we just had that advanced in like 2 days. Some weeks will just take more than others. I blame this week being taken 'till right at the deadline on it being my bye week. Happens every damn time. Sorry guys, it's my luck! :(

Anyway, just put it out of your mind that it's advancing 'till Saturday because Bluemax can't play 'till then. No need to rush these other games!

Rorschach said:
Well, there was the week we just had that advanced in like 2 days. Some weeks will just take more than others. I blame this week being taken 'till right at the deadline on it being my bye week. Happens every damn time. Sorry guys, it's my luck! :(

Anyway, just put it out of your mind that it's advancing 'till Saturday because Bluemax can't play 'till then. No need to rush these other games!

please tell me you're lying

Fifty

daw840 said:
Sounds like he has the flu, I would say thats a fairly acceptable excuse.

Plus he's playing me, and I have it in my contract that I'm only allowed to play A) at the very last minute or B) after 3 am local time

I would have thought (on monday) that Saturday was past our deadline, but I guess not. The week advancement schedules haven't seemed to normalize yet.
I thought that if one week took only 2 days, that the next wouldn't be extended just because of that, but I was wrong.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
I am expecting an epic beatdown from an angry Cards team. The I get the pleasure of meeting LeBron for the first time next week. :( 1-3 is not so bad I guess, Bob has climbed out of deeper holes.... but I don't have the alphabetical advantage Bob does. :(

I'm tanking this season for a high rated draft pick. So don't worry there. I also might be unloading some of my d for high draft picks. Sell, sell, sell!

daw840

Fifty said:
Plus he's playing me, and I have it in my contract that I'm only allowed to play A) at the very last minute or B) after 3 am local time

I would have thought (on monday) that Saturday was past our deadline, but I guess not. The week advancement schedules haven't seemed to normalize yet.

The current week advanced early. Saturday is the deadline I believe since the week was supposed advance today.

Smokey

Fifty said:
Yeah, I just think that's kind of annoying. No real incentive to play early if it'll just mean you wait longer.

This.

If finishing in 2-3 days means that the next week will be extended by that many days, then really what's the incentive to get your games done ASAP?

BigAT

Isn't the downtime the same regardless? Playing the first day and then waiting until the next first day to play again is the same as playing the third day and waiting until the next third day to play again. At least playing day one you slightly help in increasing the chances of things getting moved along quicker.

Fifty clearly has some infectious disease that causes his opponents each week to be transformed into Bob. It's only Wednesday and I already have the bye week blues.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Thats assuming we advance every 3 days. Which we dont. We advanced Monday, so the deadline really should be Thursday. Friday morning at the latest.

LiveWire

Smokey said:
This.

If finishing in 2-3 days means that the next week will be extended by that many days, then really what's the incentive to get your games done ASAP?

11054544_gal.jpg

I think the league commissioner needs to answer for this, no one is above the law.

BigAT

So if you played Monday first thing and play first thing when we advance on Saturday, that's five days between games. If you wait two days and play your game this week on Wednesday so you "won't have so much downtime", then follow the same logic next week and wait two days after we advance and play your game on Monday that's...still five days off.

(By the way, I'm in agreement that advancing early shouldn't mean a huge extension of time for the next week)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well listen, there are extenuating circumstances this week. Given the effort Astro has put in to this league while travelling, I believe he and I should be allowed to play our game as soon as possible, be it today, tomorrow, Saturday, whatever. We've been playing Madden non-stop since August. Go do something else for a little bit, it won't kill you.

That said, I am going away March 18th - 22nd, if I can't get my game in for that Wed - Sat period, I already told Rors he should be my replacement. :D

Smokey

Wellington said:
Well listen, there are extenuating circumstances this week. Given the effort Astro has put in to this league while travelling, I believe he and I should be allowed to play our game as soon as possible, be it today, tomorrow, Saturday, whatever. We've been playing Madden non-stop since August. Go do something else for a little bit, it won't kill you.

Saving this for the inevitable IS IT SATURDAY YET ADVANCE from you in the future.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Saving this for the inevitable IS IT SATURDAY YET ADVANCE from you in the future.
:lol I probably say that every week and now I will be more adamant since I want Steve Smith back. What can we do though, a number of our league members are travelling for business or incapacitated due to H1M(adden)1.

PS If I get home at a decent time, want to play? I need to test my Smith-less offense. :(

Smokey

Wellington said:
:lol I probably say that every week and now I will be more adamant since I want Steve Smith back. What can we do though, a number of our league members are travelling for business or incapacitated due to H1M(adden)1.

PS If I get home at a decent time, want to play? I need to test my Smith-less offense. :(

I'm down. Want to try a new playbook just for fun anyways.

Nightz

Hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what do all of you do for a living? Just wondering because some of you do a lot of traveling and I'm curious about what kinda work requires that much travel.
And I'm gonna stalk you >:)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a brutal schedule this week. If I have the time and energy tonight or tomorrow night, I will play. But for those who are complaining yet again, go do something else and save us from having to sift through your tired posts yet again, please.

Smokey

Nightz said:
Hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what do all of you do for a living? Just wondering because some of you do a lot of traveling and I'm curious about what kinda work requires that much travel.
And I'm gonna stalk you >:)

Senior in college.

Work (paid!) and doing an internship starting next week (unpaid :/ ) while taking 15 hours of upper level computer/business courses.

I'm hoping I don't have to retire from the league this semester :lol :/

DenogginizerOS said:
I have a brutal schedule this week. If I have the time and energy tonight or tomorrow night, I will play. But for those who are complaining yet again, go do something else and save us from having to sift through your tired posts yet again, please.

no u

Mrbob

Tommie Harris
Charles Tillman
Brian Urlacher
Matt Forte
Adelius Thomas
Devin Hester

All on the trading block. Looking for 1st and 2nd round draft picks (possibly both for some players) in return.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Tommie Harris
Charles Tillman
Brian Urlacher
Matt Forte
Adelius Thomas
Devin Hester

All on the trading block. Looking for 1st and 2nd round draft picks (possibly both for some players) in return.

what is wrong w/ you

PBY

Banned
AstroLad said:
you seriously a lawyer? you think i could pm you a few quick questions, if you have time, im a junior in college and im gonna be applying to lawschools/taking lsats soon.....advice would be incredibly useful...

edit: if your busy/dont have time i completely get it and its cool, no worries

PBY

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
okay, i dont have classes on monday (as of now, might sign up for a 7-10 pm class), wednesday, or friday, so im free all day on those days... but honestly don't worry about the game, it sounds like your reallly busy; im in no rush- whenever you feel you can just let me know

Top Bottom