• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
peterb0y said:
you seriously a lawyer? you think i could pm you a few questions, if you have time, im a junior in college and im gonna be applying to lawschools/taking lsats soon.....advice would be incredibly useful...
I'll give you some advice.

Don't take a pick no one wants with the #1 when he'd be available again at #5. :|

daw840

Currently I work for a call center at a Signing Service for mortgages, but I should be an Air Traffic Controller hopefully by the end of the year.

Mrbob

Smokey said:
what is wrong w/ you

Wait...of all the players I listed you pick out Hester? :lol

I'm putting out some feelers right now, see what I can get. There may be more to come. We 2Ked this league last season via trades, and I'm gonna go full steam ahead.

I might blow this team up before the next season. :D

LiveWire

Mrbob said:

I'm putting out some feelers right now, see what I can get. There may be more to come. We 2Ked this league last season via trades, and I'm gonna go full steam ahead.

I'll take Landry off your hands for a 3rd round pick.

Mrbob

:lol

Actually I do really want to move my 82 rated SS Kevin Payne....make me an offer people!

I'll take a shitty cb to flesh out my dime coverage (not too shitty tho) and a 2nd round pick in return. Or if you give me a 1st I might do it with nothing else in return. Cheap! Get him before FMT does...he wants him!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mrbob said:

You don't have any Olineman I want.

Mrbob said:

Actually I do really want to move my 82 rated SS Kevin Payne....make me an offer people!

I'll take a shitty cb to flesh out my dime coverage (not too shitty tho) and a 2nd round pick in return. Or if you give me a 1st I might do it with nothing else in return. Cheap!

That's too much for an 82 player, unless when you mean crap, you mean rated 50.

Mrbob

I might be willing to take a comparable CB in return too with no draft pick in return. I'm willing to listen!

Madden draft after the first two rounds suck. No way I'll give up an 80+ rated player for anything less than a 2nd. Even in the 2nd there is a good chance to find a bad player in return for what you give up. This isn't comparable to the real nfl draft.

Btw daw when r u home 2nite.

Nightz said:
Hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what do all of you do for a living? Just wondering because some of you do a lot of traveling and I'm curious about what kinda work requires that much travel.
And I'm gonna stalk you >:)

I'm a lead illustrator at my job.

Lonestar

Team Rating Averages

Just something I threw together from the ratings spreadsheet. It's the sum total of the ratings per team, divided by how many players that team has.

Alot of this is probably unncessary information, since only a small handfull of players per team have good kicking ratings, or throwing ratings, etc etc. But the overall, speed, strength, etc, is kind of interesting. I also threw in the average age per team, and the average amount of years in our NFL. Basically...Denver is the youngest team, and one of the top 5 higher overall rated teams. Baltimore and San Diego are filled with a bunch of aging NFL veterans.

Most horrifying thought: Buffalo is one of the lowest overall rated teams. :(

LiveWire

2nd lowest rated team, only the Chiefs are worse! :lol That I can win at all with this shit should be impressive, but it seems

getting-no-damn-respect.jpg

ph33nix said:
who is "jasonallen78"? :lol

That's me, what's so funny?

Oh and Lonestar, perhaps you could tweak it by only making certain stats divide by the players that use them. Like say, take all the QB-related stats and divide by 2, 3 or 4 (whatever # of QBs that team has). For the blocking stats, just the OL and RB/FB/TE players, etc.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Baltimore and San Diego are filled with a bunch of aging NFL veterans.

Most horrifying thought: Buffalo is one of the lowest overall rated teams. :(

my team does feel slower..

:/

fire sale incoming?

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what do all of you do for a living? Just wondering because some of you do a lot of traveling and I'm curious about what kinda work requires that much travel.
And I'm gonna stalk you >:)
I'm a CNA ( Certified Nurses Assistant ). I'm looking to better myself in the field of radiology.

DCX

LukeSmith

Five fastest teams in the league:
Raiders
Broncos
Colts
Bills
49ers

"Mediocre Watch"
Wellie's mediocre team is rated 7 overall behind the:
Ravens
Eagles
Cardinals
Broncos
Titans
Seahawks

Smokey's "Super Team" the Chargers are 12th and GM of the year DCX is rated 24th.

It'd be interesting to break these down further, like who has the fastest Back 7 on D, who has the fastest front 4 on D, who has the fastest wideouts in the league, who has the best cth ratings at Skill positions on O, et cetera

Lonestar

I'm just glad I kept a decent overall rating, while cutting probably like 1.5 years off in age.

Baltimore is way ahead of everyone else in Awareness (+3.5). I wonder what that might mean.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
It'd be interesting to break these down further, like who has the fastest Back 7 on D, who has the fastest front 4 on D, who has the fastest wideouts in the league, who has the best cth ratings at Skill positions on O, et cetera

I'll get back to you when I begin to try to figure out how to do that without going crazy.

You still have to consider, these are TOTAL team averages. So, a great team might just have great starters and a bunch of crap behind them. Others are consistent all across the board. Would you want a team that had 4,125 combined "Overall" points, built off of having all 55 players rated 75, or a team that had the same 4,125 points off of 25 players rated 90 and 30 players rated 62/63? The average would be the same 75 rating.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Raiders
Broncos
Colts
Bills
49ers

"Mediocre Watch"
Ravens
Eagles
Cardinals
Broncos
Titans
Seahawks

Smokey's "Super Team" the Chargers are 12th and GM of the year DCX is rated 24th.

2-1 bitches....2-1 i went with a youth movement, Tank is going to be 88 next season. Knox is going to be like a high 80 or 90 same with Jerry, Maybin is going to be a mid 80s and Harris may be a 90 next season. I'm good :)

DCX

BigAT

peterb0y said:
thanks man, and wow... very sobering thread

hope everything turned out ok for you, with the lsats/law school

I did really well on the LSATs, but have since decided that law school isn't for me. I can give you some study tips if you end up going forward with it.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I'll get back to you when I begin to try to figure out how to do that without going crazy.

You still have to consider, these are TOTAL team averages. So, a great team might just have great starters and a bunch of crap behind them. Others are consistent all across the board. Would you want a team that had 4,125 combined "Overall" points, built off of having all 55 players rated 75, or a team that had the same 4,125 points off of 25 players rated 90 and 30 players rated 62/63? The average would be the same 75 rating.

Yeah absolutely considering that - is this amount of data the kind you'd need to make a pivot table for or something in order to parse position groups per team and then look at their ratings within that block of stats.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Raiders
Broncos
Colts
Bills
49ers
#3? Mr "My team is so slow. I'm gonna go kill myself brb. :("

Wellie had a top 5 team in terms of overall rating. I guess everyone improved? His progression skills haven't kept up with everyone else. :(

Top Ten looks interesting:

Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots

Guess the Broncos are pretty badass! I would have bet that the Eagles would be #1, but I guess Boldin put the Ravens over the top!

Top 5 toughness teams:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Seattle Seahawks
New England Patriots
New York Giants
San Diego Chargers

Most fragile teams:

Chicago Bears
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Detroit Lions
Baltimore Ravens

Least fragile:

Oakland Raiders
New York Jets
Atlanta Falcons
Seattle Seahawks
Tennessee Titans

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Raiders
Broncos
Colts
Bills
49ers

Only 4 of these 5 players take advantage of their speed with W's. Poor Fmt.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

Exactly, and this is how my team currently stands, i'm working on depth, but my starters are my best players. I rarely have a back up that is similar or better sitting on the bench other than RB. I do have depth there with Tank (82), Norwood (81) and Hightower (81).

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Most fragile teams:
Chicago Bears

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
"Mediocre Watch"
Ravens
Eagles
Cardinals
Broncos
Titans
Seahawks

Not sure what you mean here? Unless I'm reading it wrong, the top 10 teams in highest average OVR rating are:

1. Ravens
2. Eagles
3. Cardinals
4. Broncos
5. Titans
6. Seahawks
7. Giants
8. Steelers
9. Patriots
10. Cowboys

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Wait 'till the starter averages come out. ;)

Yea, I'd like to see the analysis of the starting 22, or starting 11 x2 for each team.

Here's the Skins:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

COMBINED OVR AVERAGE: 81.9

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Not sure what you mean here? Unless I'm reading it wrong, the top 10 teams in highest average OVR rating are:

1. Ravens
2. Eagles
3. Cardinals
4. Broncos
5. Titans
6. Seahawks
7. Giants
8. Steelers
9. Patriots
10. Cowboys
He's ribbing on Wellington who said he had an "average team at best." That's the same list he posted.

Matrix

So Fifty has the true powerhouse team, I will for sure Bob him in week 4.

Lonestar

About the starters: like I know everyone's starters! I should just open up that spreadsheet to be edited, and let all you guys enter in a field next to the name of your starters, so we could break that down.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
He's ribbing on Wellington who said he had an "average team at best." That's the same list he posted.

Oh shit, duh. I misread. Thanks. Yea, so much for the Giants "struggling" to keep up with the Joneses. :lol

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
About the starters: like I know everyone's starters! I should just open up that spreadsheet to be edited, and let all you guys enter in a field next to the name of your starters, so we could break that down.

Yeah, plus it depends on who starts what, some guys play with WR, WR, TE, HB, FB, others are WR, WR, WR, TE, HB, et cetera. It'd be interesting to just enter the Skill Positions sans QB.

Fields could look like this:

Offense

OL

Skill Positions

Defense
Front 7

Back 4

Crow
LB
LB
LB
LB
SS
SS
CB
CB
CB
CB
DT

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Raiders
Broncos
Colts
Bills
49ers

"Mediocre Watch"
Ravens
Eagles
Cardinals
Broncos
Titans
Seahawks

:lol Why do you continue this? You know exactly why I said this. There are probably 5 starters on my team that anyone would even want to trade for, that still holds true. That was the only point I made, that all my guys are in the 80s and no one would want to trade for my mediocre talent.

My team is 7th in terms of OVR and also the 7th youngest team in the league. When you first brought this up in the forum I even said that I purposely benched vets to play rooks starting from Season 1. I was one of a few to take progression seriously and it has paid off. All of my receivers were much worse than they are now, for example.

The only thing this spreadsheet shows is my dedication to developing the talent on my team and my success doing so.

My Starters:

Snee - 94
Jacobs - 91
Eli - 89
Hedgecock - 86
Seubert - 85
Nicks - 85
Boss - 84
Diehl - 83
Smith - 83
Atkinson - 82
Beatty - 81

Avg = 85.7

Tuck - 91
Webster - 90
Stroud - 87
Phillips - 87
Kiwanuka - 85
Thomas - 85
Sintim - 83
Canty - 79
Kelly - 78
Boley - 78
Williams - 77

Avg = 83.6

Benched this season are Bradley (83), Johnson (81). Cut from last season are Pierce (80) and O'Hara (84). Kelly and Williams are B Pot guys that will be in the 80s next season and you guys will be complaining. :/

Fifty

A whole lot of good this does me when I'm losing against every somewhat-good player I face. I have zero madden self-esteem, except as a GM. Maybe I'll retire and become the GM of an elite player's team, that isn't content with their roster. Rors, call me.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
A whole lot of good this does me when I'm losing against every somewhat-good player I face. I have zero madden self-esteem, except as a GM. Maybe I'll retire and become the GM of an elite player's team, that isn't content with their roster. Rors, call me.
Being the GM of the Year i will respectfully decline your offer :)

DCX

AirBrian

Fifty said:
Oh cry me a river!

I think I'm on a like 10 game losing streak and I have a top 10 rated team. Mostly close games too.

Oh wait, I did knock Birdman out of the playoffs in Week 17 last season! :D

Lonestar

Code:
SPD	ACC
Denver Broncos	90.11	94.33
Carolina Panthers	88.80	91.90
Cincinnati Bengals	88.60	91.50
Oakland Raiders	88.42	91.00
Indianapolis Colts	88.36	92.18
Green Bay Packers	87.92	92.58
Arizona Cardinals	87.82	91.36
Seattle Seahawks	87.44	91.00
New England Patriots	87.33	91.00
Washington Redskins	87.14	89.86
Chicago Bears	87.00	91.89
Dallas Cowboys	86.90	92.20
San Francisco 49ers	86.89	89.78
Baltimore Ravens	86.60	90.40
Atlanta Falcons	86.57	89.71
New Orleans Saints	86.50	89.88
St. Louis Rams	86.50	90.75
Houston Texans	86.43	90.86
San Diego Chargers	86.20	90.00
Philadelphia Eagles	86.11	90.67
Pittsburgh Steelers	86.00	90.63
Detroit Lions	85.71	90.00
New York Giants	85.67	90.78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers	85.60	91.50
Miami Dolphins	85.56	90.11
Minnesota Vikings	85.40	88.70
Cleveland Browns	85.20	90.30
Tennessee Titans	85.00	89.71
Buffalo Bills	84.50	89.75
Kansas City Chiefs	84.11	88.33
New York Jets	83.73	88.73
Jacksonville Jaguars	82.00	88.60

Simply because I don't want to make a whole bunch of spreadsheets :lol

This is going back to what Luke mentioned. Wanting to see the average speed of the "back 4". So, here it is. Average speed of anyone that is a FS, SS, or CB.

I "made" a pivot table, haven't messed with one of them in years, and still fiddling with it. I actually saw a chart, but was too convoluted to put in just yet.

This is sorted highest to lowest by Speed, ACC given for free!

Oh, and our NFL average of DB's is 86.46 SPD and 90.66 ACC

Matrix

ph33nix said:
goddamnit the dolphins don't make any list. which means we're mediocre :(

You needed a list to tell you that?

Birdman02

Damn, I didn't realize I had the slowest secondary in the league. What's really sad is my 97 spd CB is strictly my return guy. Without him my avg probably drops below 80.

Top Bottom