• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AirBrian

GQ, just a reminder I'm out of town until Monday in case you missed my post earlier in the thread. I'll be able to play after 6pm Monday evening.

EDIT: And thanks for asigning the FAs. Yeah, I missed all that when I was out of town. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do and I'll take care of it on Monday.

Mrbob

More time to play Darksiders then!

BIG AT AT I won't be home today before the football games, so tomorrow night will be the earliest I can play.

24 season premier is tomorrow night, maybe after or possibly monday night then!

i dont know why i just thought of this but i saw it happen again in my game against matrix the other night.

there does not appear to be any penalty for running out of bounds and coming back in to catch the ball. in my game against matrix i saw andre johnson running out of bounds and then make it back in for the catch, and it stood.

i've seen this happen a few other times (mostly in the back of the endzone and coming back in). how could tiburon overlook this?

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
I should be free later this morning, and definitely tomorrow for most of the day.

Just check and see if I am on AIM. Looking forward to it.
I guess I missed you. I knew I shouldn't have gone to breakfast without checking GAF. :lol

Do you want to play tomorrow before the games?

Mrbob

Never had that happen, but I guess its possible. The game is glitched when it comes to dealing with the sideline.

I scrimmed against the Colts one game, and I threw an out route to my WR who took 5 steps before I ran him out of bounds to avoid a hit. It went to the cut scene where the refs huddle together to determine a sideline catch and he was ruled out of bounds incomplete pass. To top it off, I couldn't even challenge the play. :lol

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Blue when do you want to continue your winning streak and make me 1-3? All I have today is a gym session at 1pm.

You around now? Wait its probably 1pm EST right now. Just hit me up in the next few hours, that should be fine.

Fifty said:
Oh fuck. My 3rd year starting LOLB, Gooden, is now out for 10 weeks. :lol I've got to move a converted DE back to OLB and this has me looking for a DE to trade for. At least the positive from this is that I now have 2/3 of my LB's named Lewis. When Ray retires (he's leading the lead in tackles btw), THAROLD LEWIS will replace his majesty.

edit: Also, my 1st 3 games have all been on the road. Aside from my general lack of skill and inability to stop offenses with qualities above Airbrian's, I'm going to blame this horrible start on the Ravens' homesickness.

Did you notice it was saying the wrong name on injuries last night?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
Never had that happen, but I guess its possible. The game is glitched when it comes to dealing with the sideline.

I scrimmed against the Colts one game, and I threw an out route to my WR who took 5 steps before I ran him out of bounds to avoid a hit. It went to the cut scene where the refs huddle together to determine a sideline catch and he was ruled out of bounds incomplete pass. To top it off, I couldn't even challenge the play. :lol
I made a throw once where the guy had it for half a sec and then dropped it (totally typical drop) but was OOB. They reviewed the OOB and ruled him in but then it didn't register the "catch."

I'd love to get rid of all the cutscenes actually; they are worthless. Replace them with quick replays of big hits or runs or nothing.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
I made a throw once where the guy had it for half a sec and then dropped it (totally typical drop) but was OOB. They reviewed the OOB and ruled him in but then it didn't register the "catch."

I'd love to get rid of all the cutscenes actually; they are worthless. Replace them with quick replays of big hits or runs or nothing.
Just make them skippable. All the retards that wanted them in can have them and I can skip the shit out of them.

AstroLad said:
:lol

the fucking cutscenes are what causes some of the disconnects. i swear on almost every disconnect it has happened where i will be close to a first down and the animation is starting, or that "is it a TD or not?" goalline ref animation.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the fucking cutscenes are what causes some of the disconnects. i swear on almost every disconnect it has happened where i will be close to a first down and the animation is starting, or that "is it a TD or not?" goalline ref animation.

Yep, side line plays seem to be the worst for me. I have no problems removing them from online.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Just make them skippable. All the retards that wanted them in can have them and I can skip the shit out of them.

:lol
The measurements aren't even as good as the ones from the 8-bit days because the camera angles are different based on whether you made it or not. So once you see the angle the rest is just pointless.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I had a TD catch called back even though i had like atleast 3 feet inbounds last night against bob. Even he said he thought it was in. shit was ridiculous. They ran over and i didnt even pay attention because i figured it was an easy TD. But no catch. I couldnt challenge because it was under two minutes. highway robbery

Birdman02

GG DM. I continue to make mistakes early in the game that come back to haunt me in the end. I was trying to call a fair catch on that first fumbled punt, but I guess I didn't push the button in time. Combine that with 2 missed FGs (53 and 54 yards) and I was in a 21-3 hole at the half.

I was able to get a good passing game going in the 2nd half and actually tied the game up to send it to OT. Started OT with a nice play to get to midfield, but it was called back thanks to a clipping penalty. I ended up punting, and DM made a pretty easy drive into FG range thanks to my pourous defense and a couple of good play calls.

This is just not my season. :(

Birdman02 said:
GG DM. I continue to make mistakes early in the game that come back to haunt me in the end. I was trying to call a fair catch on that first fumbled punt, but I guess I didn't push the button in time. Combine that with 2 missed FGs (53 and 54 yards) and I was in a 21-3 hole at the half.

I was able to get a good passing game going in the 2nd half and actually tied the game up to send it to OT. Started OT with a nice play to get to midfield, but it was called back thanks to a clipping penalty. I ended up punting, and DM made a pretty easy drive into FG range thanks to my pourous defense and a couple of good play calls.

damn was hoping DM would start out 0-3.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i have a bye week next week. wont play another league game till next saturday i guess :(

same here :(

BigAT

Mrbob said:
More time to play Darksiders then!

BIG AT AT I won't be home today before the football games, so tomorrow night will be the earliest I can play.

24 season premier is tomorrow night, maybe after or possibly monday night then!

Trying to freeze me even more? I haven't played since Sunday.

Mrbob

Aren't you in like seven different madden leagues? :lol

But good, I hope you are rusty so I can get a victory in a MUST WIN GAME* for me!

*must win unless I lose then it isn't and just a regular game!

DMczaf

Birdman02 said:

I was so scared of missing that OT FG I had to call a timeout to run the ball again to make sure the ball was right in the middle of the field. The 0-Win Bowl is not a fun game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
I guess I missed you. I knew I shouldn't have gone to breakfast without checking GAF. :lol

Do you want to play tomorrow before the games?
Sure. I have to head to work for about an hour and a half right now. I may be around later tonight if the game isn't all that good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Getting ready to lose to Fifty, wish me luck!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Trade Ariza first!

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Sure. I have to head to work for about an hour and a half right now. I may be around later tonight if the game isn't all that good.
Ok. I'll probably be on aim if you want to get it in tonight. Even if I'm away, I'll be close by watching the game so shoot me a message.

PBY

Banned
gg pheeniks, never felt that i ever had a chance to tie it up- i couldn't do shit against the kelly james/moss combo- thank god for scooter or this game would have been a bloodbath

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
WTF where is an ihop in the city!
If by city you mean Manhattan, there's one in Harlem. I live in the Bronx and there's a new one down the street from me.

The perfect after workout nutrition. :lol

They are slow as hell with the food tho wtf.

Matrix

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME WOULDNT LET ME SPIKE THE BALL FUCK THIS BS

FUCKKKKKKKKK

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Fifty

edit: ^ spike or no spike, you were out of FG range. The delay of game cost you the game. Still..if you held down the spike button and didn't get to spike it, that stinks.

Wow, that was the saddest end to a game ever, matrix. I think we both wanted to lose that game. Me with my picks, you with the clock management.

Two snaps that decided it: Matrix is down 3 points, at the 44.

1. Incomplete pass, but I hit the QB after the ball is released. 15 yard penalty. He's in FG range at the 29. I lost the game because of a late hit

2. Play 2. There is no play 2. Instead of doing a quick throw out of bounds or kicking the FG at the 29, he gets a delay of game. Out of FG range. No timeouts left.

Matrix

The insane amount of injuries for you and me fumbling the ball twice on two drives in a row, the ending of that game....

sometimes I hate this game

I would have at least liked the shot at the fg Fifty, I held down the button to spike and nothing happened.

I should have never let the f-ing clock run down like that, but I pressed the wrong stupid ass button and picked the wrong play. By the time I changed it I was hit with the penalty cause of my brain fart.

Fifty

Well you had all the time in the world to kick a 46 yarder at the 29 but you took too long to pick a play and that's what really cost you the game. We could point to a million plays but that was the one that did it.

I enjoyed the game, because I played totally relaxed and didn't give a shit if I had lost. I played less sim than usual, inasmuch as I passed when I should have ran..but I enjoyed it and no matter how few many breaks I get next game (I got a few this game) I won't be negative if I lose.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
The insane amount of injuries for you and me fumbling the ball twice on two drives in a row, the ending of that game....

sometimes I hate this game

I would have at least liked the shot at the fg Fifty, I held down the button to spike and nothing happened.

I should have never let the f-ing clock run down like that, but I pressed the wrong stupid ass button and picked the wrong play. By the time I changed it I was hit with the penalty cause of my brain fart.
_wsb_206x219_karma-police.jpg

Matrix

I was relaxed and figured I had lost after both those fumbles. LT who never fumbles in this game comes to the Texans and coughs it up twice in 4 games.

Kris Brown can't make 46 yard fgs with ease in this game, so I was trying to get closer.

Btw sometimes it's simply impossible for AJ to even get catch. I know how good your coverage is, but he drops so many balls or doesn't even attempt to jump to catch some of them and I get picked off.

I knew you were playing less sim cause you hardly ran in the 2nd half and it seemed all you wanted to do was throw to Gonzo. My team of course can't stop him.

Fifty, I really loved my pick by Ryans in the red zone only to turn around and fumble it back to you. In fact he gave you better field position :lol

:lol @ Rors...I forgot about that, I guess I had it coming

Top Bottom