• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384824

Hey guys, I am trying to buy a new car here. Go and give me some advice over there in that thread.
My friend leased an 06 FX45 and it was fucking sweet as hell. I used to drive it all the time when I was the designated driver. :lol

what part of the country do you live in? Like they said in the thread, gas mileage sucks, but I don think the maintenance will be that expensive.... It's a Japanese car as opposed to the ridiculous maintenance on say a BMW or MB.

I almost bought the thing after my friend turned it in. Reason I didn't do it is that the renovations to my house were a lot more expensive than I expected. I'll probably be in an FX this summer.

Btw, I love how the engine sounds. :(

daw840

Wellington said:
My friend leased an 06 FX45 and it was fucking sweet as hell. I used to drive it all the time when I was the designated driver. :lol

what part of the country do you live in? Like they said in the thread, gas mileage sucks, but I don think the maintenance will be that expensive.... It's a Japanese car as opposed to the ridiculous maintenance on say a BMW or MB.

I almost bought the thing after my friend turned it in. Reason I didn't do it is that the renovationa to my house were a lot more expensive than I expected. I'll probably be in an FX this summer.

Btw, I love how the engine sounds. :(

I live in Kansas City. I only have about a 5 mile commute to work so the gas mileage doesn't really bother me that much.

Yes, I LOVE how the engine sounds. Almost like a Porsche.

PBY

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Peterboy,

What is your schedule looking like for tonight? Can you play at 815EST?
yeah... im also free the entire afternoon, which would be better for me, but just let me know

Mrbob

So I've been watching some youtube videos, and I think I could actually fix the problem myself. I've built plenty of computers, just need to remove the heatsink on both the cpu and gpu, clean em off and apply some AS5 with some better hardware to hold them in place and I would be golden. I just don't know if I want to go through the hassle of doing that, as it looks like there are a million screws to take out to get to the 360 motherboard. I'll probably just go get a new one, and then fix this one for trade in value when I have some free time next weekend.

BTW whoever decided to just put a crappy heatsink on the CPU and GPU at ms need to be beaten. Especially with the tiny fan system they have in the system.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
So I've been watching some youtube videos, and I think I could actually fix the problem myself. I've built plenty of computers, just need to remove the heatsink on both the cpu and gpu, clean em off and apply some AS5 with some better hardware to hold them in place and I would be golden. I just don't know if I want to go through the hassle of doing that, as it looks like there are a million screws to take out to get to the 360 motherboard. I'll probably just go get a new one, and then fix this one for trade in value when I have some free time next weekend.

BTW whoever decided to just put a crappy heatsink on the CPU and GPU at ms need to be beaten. Especially with the tiny fan system they have in the system.

I used to mod a lot of PlayStations and Xboxes for my old job. It's not too hard once you learn how to do it, but like most things it's time vs. money, what's more worth it to you? I know many people who turned their previously dead Xboxes into media-sharing hubs with mods and just got a replacement one for gaming.

Mrbob

Heh, yeah time is my main issue. I don't have time to take my xbox apart and work on it, and I don't want to miss any madden games so I think the choice is clear! I have a big matchup against Green Bay coming up next and I can't miss it.

Just to double check...all arcades come with the new internals now that aren't garbage, right?

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Heh, yeah time is my main issue. I don't have time to take my xbox apart and work on it, and I don't want to miss any madden games so I think the choice is clear! I have a big matchup against Green Bay coming up next and I can't miss it.

Just to double check...all arcades come with the new internals now that aren't garbage, right?

Pretty sure. As long as you're not buying from a mom & pop store that might have old leftover inventory, you should be fine.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:

The new ones have the Jasper internals with all the fixes. Supposedly. I am happy with mine so far and I have been putting it through torture testing everyday, lol.

DCX

DCX
So, what time are these last two games getting done? Sable if it advances tonight can you go? If not how's tomorrow looking?

DCX

DCX said:
So, what time are these last two games getting done? Sable if it advances tonight can you go? If not how's tomorrow looking?

DCX
Wife decided to share her stomach flu with me, so I was puking all last night. Still recovering so not a chance at today even if it advanced.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
Wife decided to share her stomach flu with me, so I was puking all last night. Still recovering so not a chance at today even if it advanced.
fuck dude, after you bought her a SUV she does that to you :p

DCX

LukeSmith

Nightz when can you play tomorrow? Depending on when we advance and what's happening with the early game I could play during Saints/Cards (unless it's a good game) otherwise I can't play until after Colts Ravens.

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
Nightz when can you play tomorrow? Depending on when we advance and what's happening with the early game I could play during Saints/Cards (unless it's a good game) otherwise I can't play until after Colts Ravens.
I'm not exactly sure yet. We might be hanging out at a buddy's house all day to watch football. I'll let you know once the plans are concrete. Tomorrow night would work too.

PBY

Banned
denog, ill beon in about 20, just send me an invite then; right now my roommates on the xbox

edit: we still playing at 8 15?

edit 2: i'm going out tonight... so i really hope we can play this game now...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
peterb0y said:
denog, ill beon in about 20, just send me an invite then; right now my roommates on the xbox

edit: we still playing at 8 15?

edit 2: i'm going out tonight... so i really hope we can play this game now...
I am here. I just got home about 5 minutes ago.

PBY

Banned
good game denog, i really felt that there was nothing i could do to stop your offense.... and we both had turnovers at the worst possible times

edit: holy shit at sanchez's stats

DenogginizerOS

peterb0y said:
good game denog, i really felt that there was nothing i could do to stop your offense.... and we both had turnovers at the worst possible times

edit: holy shit at sanchez's stats
I could do nothing until the end to get Scooter contained. Man, what a weapon!

There were very costly turnovers and I think I won that battle and thus, won the game. My fumbles were very odd.

PBY

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I could do nothing until the end to get Scooter contained. Man, what a weapon!

There were very costly turnovers and I think I won that battle and thus, won the game. My fumbles were very odd.
pretty good assessment of the game, and yeah your fumbles were reaally weird- A. I didn't hit stick your guy, and B. one one of the fight for the fumble ones that I recovered, it clearly looked like your dude had gotten to it... strange- I guess I made up for them though with that pick six

DenogginizerOS

peterb0y said:
pretty good assessment of the game, and yeah your fumbles were reaally weird- A. I didn't hit stick your guy, and B. one one of the fight for the fumble ones that I recovered, it clearly looked like your dude had gotten to it... strange- I guess I made up for them though with that pick six
I clearly lost the first fumble from the outset, but that second one was seemingly recovered by me and I looked to be leading the retard button mash before the call was made. Plus, Jones hardly EVER fumbles. Oh well, the pick six was the difference. I have definitely been on that side before. :(

Mrbob

Dang that is a sweet price...just bought one from bb tonight tho damn it. :lol

I had a 30 dollar gc to use anyway so it comes out about the same.

Fifty

Stop getting excited. I have no idea how long it'll take him to be able to play after getting back in town. Originally he said it'd be 12 pacific, and I am not staying up that late to play a game. I'd lose and I'd have no fun whatsoever.

Fifty

Blame bluemax for not letting me know how far away from getting home he is. If he said he'd be home in an hour and a half, I'd stay up to play him, but this could mean he's not going to log on for 2 hours from now..since he might need to drive an hour to get home and then spend an hour unpacking.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Stop getting excited. I have no idea how long it'll take him to be able to play after getting back in town. Originally he said it'd be 12 pacific, and I am not staying up that late to play a game. I'd lose and I'd have no fun whatsoever.
If my ride wasn't late I'd be home by now.

Are you still gonna be up in 20 to 30?

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Blame bluemax for not letting me know how far away from getting home he is. If he said he'd be home in an hour and a half, I'd stay up to play him, but this could mean he's not going to log on for 2 hours from now..since he might need to drive an hour to get home and then spend an hour unpacking.
I wouldve posted a time in my first post had my ride answered me sooner. Sorry.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
24v48z9.jpg

Top Bottom