• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any playbooks have a Fake Toss PA pass? that would be a valuable play to have because people who play safety/LB go for the toss immediately

There's a PA pass fake sweep with one guard kicking out on the edge for a block, pretty cool actually, in the Run Heavy book. Problem is, that the pitch that is in that set has no moving guards and the one counter in the formation has the guard pulling the opposite way he's pass blocking on the PA. Not really a good way to run series football out of that set.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
There's a PA pass fake sweep with one guard kicking out on the edge for a block, pretty cool actually, in the Run Heavy book. Problem is, that the pitch that is in that set has no moving guards and the one counter in the formation has the guard pulling the opposite way he's pass blocking on the PA. Not really a good way to run series football out of that set.
Does the FB step up and take on the uncovered DT or does the C fan outward?

LJ11

Wellington said:
Does the FB step up and take on the uncovered DT or does the C fan outward?

It's a 4 wide set so no FB, it's actually a stretch run PA. The Center does block the DT, and the guard goes down the line. I guess you can cancel the PA with a hot route, have the guard kick out and make it look like a screen, which is in that formation as well. The pass routes are actually kind of nice.

LukeSmith

Greasemonkey script stopped working locally for me. It looked, to me, like it was dropping games - definitely dropped a Colts game. I reinstalled Greasemonkey and the script and nothing showed up.

Somnia

storybook77 said:
Somnia,

I might be able to play late tonight but I will be around pretty much all day tomorrow.

I am free tonight and pretty much most of tomorrow (except during the Cowboys game). I'll be on AIM tonight and tomorrow just shoot me a message when you can play (Somnia1982 I'll be in away the entire time, but I'm here so still message me).

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the chappster pretty much has ROY wrapped up. but when will he taste victory!? he's going to barry sanders peterboy soon!
Don't count your chickens, Tank has alot left in the...yeah, TANK bitches!! To bad Ryan is a worse QB at 95 than he was at 90 :(

DCX

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
GG Rors. Sorry for the long pause. I had to take a roast out of the oven. :lol
No problem. It was very timely. I had a phone call just then and was about to pause myself. :lol Had to leave right after the game was done.

I found out today that if your player slips in the rain, his icon disappears and doesn't come back. Trying to get a proper highlight, but since it's always focused on the ball carrier... might grab it with my cell phone heh.

[edit] There it goes...

25zq829.gif

Nightz

So the chain gang just came out in the Cards-Saints game. In my mind I was like "nope they didn't make it!" because it was the same camera angle as the chain gang animation in Madden where it's short. I've been playing this game too much.
It was a first down.

Packers-Bears
Steelers-Browns
Bills-Charges
Eagles-Patriots
Cowboys-Rams
Giants-Seahawks
Lions-Vikings

Which one of you will be the Bob Game of the Week?

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
No problem. It was very timely. I had a phone call just then and was about to pause myself. :lol Had to leave right after the game was done.

I found out today that if your player slips in the rain, his icon disappears and doesn't come back. Trying to get a proper highlight, but since it's always focused on the ball carrier... might grab it with my cell phone heh.

[edit] There it goes...

25zq829.gif

Yea, happened to me about 4 times in my last playoff game against Smokey, smh.

Really wish weather was never implemented for online, meh.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf? i love having variable weather online! what fun is it to play on sunny days every game? gives a different vibe to the game

Funny, the only thing that happens in weather games when I play is one team gets boned with slipping and fumbling. It's bad enough that most of the games feel predetermined anyways. :lol

I'm trying to get Striker to play me, he's watching the game, but there's no way he's enjoying this laugher.

LJ11

I had a slip like that in season one, my main read fell down and I needed a TD to win,s o I just chucked it up to Hardy who made the catch and won the game. Blessing in disguise.

bluemax

Banned
GG Wellie, your run defense was too much for me to overcome and that INT I threw near the goal line changed the momentum of the game.

My defense was disappointing but losing my top 2 defenders didn't help.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
GG Wellie, your run defense was too much for me to overcome and that INT I threw near the goal line changed the momentum of the game.

My defense was disappointing but losing my top 2 defenders didn't help.
I did some voodoo to keep Lebron bottled up all game. Through the first half I think he had 9 carries for 10 yards then at the end it WOULD have been 11 carries for 16 yards buts you broke that 67 yarder.

Another game goes by where I just could not stop the offense, it was ridiculous. Thankfully you started making mistakes on reads.

I'm not stat padding Jacobs anymore, Brown is too good out of the backfield and breaks way more tackles than Jacobs. To think he's not even an EA super rookie.

I don't know what to do with my D with Cold coming up.

BigAT

ph33nix said:
Packers-Bears
Steelers-Browns
Bills-Charges
Eagles-Patriots
Cowboys-Rams
Giants-Seahawks
Lions-Vikings

Is it a conflict of interest if I bet on my own game?

LJ11 said:
I had a slip like that in season one, my main read fell down and I needed a TD to win,s o I just chucked it up to Hardy who made the catch and won the game. Blessing in disguise.
I think that was against me :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
Packers-Bears
Steelers-Browns
Bills-Charges
Eagles-Patriots
Cowboys-Rams
Giants-Seahawks
Lions-Vikings

Never has been and never will be me. Unless I play Bob himself.

Look at this stupid run by Lebron.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15875552

Notice Kenny Phillips #21 who was hurt and came back in, was in the PERFECT spot to make a play and then comes up limping and lets the dude run right by him!!! At the LOS I saw the Guard pull and the FB hit outside so I assumed it was a power O run and went to cut it off at the point of attack, but Blue kept it inside. Nice work there Blue.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
By the way I lost my fullback for three weeks. Carted on my first drive. Blue and I kept losing guys all game it was kind of retarded. So now no SS and no Hedgecock for my huge matches against CB and Somnia.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy crap I just saw Scooter Chapman's stats for the last two games!
notworthy.gif

Six games left we may be able to finish by Monday because of the long weekend!

Rorschach

Too bad I've been sitting McFadden and my starters every third quarter+. I'll have a shot at containing Scooter and taking the crown! Someone take out Tank!

Smokey

Colts went for it at the 40 yd line on 4th down and it was a tie game.

If somebody did that in our league people would be outraged!

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Colts went for it at the 40 yd line on 4th down and it was a tie game.

If somebody did that in our league people would be outraged!

I've said that in no man's land on my half of the field, I'm going for it. Jim Caldwell is registered on GAF

Top Bottom