• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

sableholic said:
I was actually considering not challenging cause I figured with that short distance you might not punt. Anyways like I said well played game by you and although I lost I had a lot of fun. Ill be back next season hopefully I can make it to the super bowl this time. Good luck to both fmt and rors.

yeah that was a very fun game. i would say that you have the most difficult offense to defend that i have played. between grimes (i didn't see him brought down on first impact once!), bush, meachem, colston, whoever that TE you have was, brees and your other wr's it is basically a crapshoot on what i can do to stop it. your offensive line was doing pretty well too (how can i get no pressure on a screen pass!? isn't the point to let the defense pressure the qb!).

and now i face my old nemesis.... the man who defeated me last time i made it to the superbowl (in madden 2008 was it?). i wish i had the broncos for this game :(

Rorschach

Alright FMT let me know when you get back from handling bidness. I'm gonna go take a shower while DMco watch this prissy dance off.

sableholic said:
I was actually considering not challenging cause I figured with that short distance you might not punt. Anyways like I said well played game by you and although I lost I had a lot of fun. Ill be back next season hopefully I can make it to the super bowl this time. Good luck to both fmt and rors.
:D Glad to hear it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GO RORS!
gallery12_014502360.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah that was a very fun game. i would say that you have the most difficult offense to defend that i have played. between grimes (i didn't see him brought down on first impact once!), bush, meachem, colston, whoever that TE you have was, brees and your other wr's it is basically a crapshoot on what i can do to stop it. your offensive line was doing pretty well too (how can i get no pressure on a screen pass!? isn't the point to let the defense pressure the qb!).

and now i face my old nemesis.... the man who defeated me last time i made it to the superbowl (in madden 2008 was it?). i wish i had the broncos for this game :(

yeah I have a lot of weapons at my disposal, probably don't use them all properly, but I do try and get everyone involved. just missing a couple links on defense I think. also lol yeah that bush screen I had all day, it was kind of surprising. Your cb was right there and I didn't want to throw it so I was waiting and waiting, and finally he got blocked.

When did you get gore back? some reason I thought he was injured so was a little surprised to see his name, thats what i get for not paying attention.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Only way FMT could win this was if he had

bd27cd3dd8_carr_09282007.jpg

on his side.

The guy just wins ball games.

sableholic said:
yeah I have a lot of weapons at my disposal, probably don't use them all properly, but I do try and get everyone involved. just missing a couple links on defense I think. also lol yeah that bush screen I had all day, it was kind of surprising. Your cb was right there and I didn't want to throw it so I was waiting and waiting, and finally he got blocked.

When did you get gore back? some reason I thought he was injured so was a little surprised to see his name, thats what i get for not paying attention.

i got him back at the start of the playoffs (against the eagles). he had been out basically the entire season :(

anyhow, rors and i will be playing in a few mins, so here is the schedule:

1. after the superbowl is over DM advances to the offseason
2. at that point, review your roster and PM me two people you want to cut.
3. once i have all FA's, i will post them here and that can begin.
4. UNLIKE previous seasons, the draft is happening concurrently or perhaps even before the FA draft. i want to have the draft on thursday (3/11/10) at about 6pm pst. please let me know if this works for you or not and we'll see what happens.

p.s. starting the superbowl now chumps!

Rorschach

Woah! When did the 9ers become a power team?!

21 Gore, Frank HB 93 29 5-9 217 Miami
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 92 25 6-1 214 Texas Tech
19 Royal, Eddie WR 90 26 5-10 184 Virginia Tech
7 English, Jack QB 89 50 6-3 229 Stanford
62 Rachal, Chilo RG 89 26 6-4 322 USC
74 Staley, Joe LT 88 28 6-6 296 Central Michigan
68 Wahle, Mike LG 85 35 6-6 307 Navy
65 Younger, Max C 85 5 6-3 301 Colorado St.
85 Davis, Vernon TE 82 29 6-3 253 Maryland

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i got him back at the start of the playoffs (against the eagles). he had been out basically the entire season :(

4. UNLIKE previous seasons, the draft is happening concurrently or perhaps even before the FA draft. i want to have the draft on thursday (3/11/10) at about 6pm pst. please let me know if this works for you or not and we'll see what happens.

Please for the love of god do it Thursday as thats my only day off this week! :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Woah! When did the 9ers become a power team?!

21 Gore, Frank HB 93 29 5-9 217 Miami
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 92 25 6-1 214 Texas Tech
19 Royal, Eddie WR 90 26 5-10 184 Virginia Tech
7 English, Jack QB 89 50 6-3 229 Stanford
62 Rachal, Chilo RG 89 26 6-4 322 USC
74 Staley, Joe LT 88 28 6-6 296 Central Michigan
68 Wahle, Mike LG 85 35 6-6 307 Navy
65 Younger, Max C 85 5 6-3 301 Colorado St.
85 Davis, Vernon TE 82 29 6-3 253 Maryland
Nobody pays attention to me. :( I said this when I faced him in the reg season, then I proceeded to decapitate Gore. :D

...And still lose.

Thursday is EXCELLENT for me.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

How long did the draft run last time? I'm at work until 7, but I'm back at my normal office so I can do this through the website if necessary.

Striker

Spectator mode, EA! >:|

I rather FA comes before Draft! :(

LJ11

How many of you would go for two if you tied it up late in the 4th, or would you leave it to a coin toss?

I'm going for two.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LJ11 said:
How many of you would go for two if you tied it up late in the 4th, or would you leave it to a coin toss?

I'm going for two.

Depends on the flow of the game and the defense of my opponent

RORS TD 24-17

DAGGER

Matrix

lol rors i hope you have the option to continue vs. cpu. these stupid fucking cutscenes freeze the game all the time!

i had one more play left but i wasn't going to get a 70 yard TD :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol rors i hope you have the option to continue vs. cpu. these stupid fucking cutscenes freeze the game all the time!

i had one more play left but i wasn't going to get a 70 yard TD :(
NOOO FOR FUCK'S SAKE I thought you ahd the option so I disconnected. It gave me the option too....

FUCK!

I was direct connected for this damn reason. Install the game fmt >:|

[edit] It counted phew.... Wish I had replays, though....

LJ11

Are you serious?

Edit: Congrats, I'm running a fake punt/fg scheme next season. I'm going to level everyone with it.

Matrix

Bjoern could have gotten you a 70 yard td FMT, time to draft a speed back.

Congrats Rors!

AFC ftw.

edit- you kidding Rors? :|
edit2 - phew

anyhow, it was a good game! back and forth all game. i threw 2 picks where i honestly have to say WTF. i didn't get a chance to look at the replays, but it felt like nnamdi and your LB came out of NOWHERE for those picks. i guess that's karma for my pwill pick against the saints :D

and another thing, wtf @ the throws pat white makes. the dude is rated 70 something but he can throw darts on the run 30 yards downfield!? why do we have ratings then EA! why!

but even aside from those things i could have still won, just didn't play very good defense in the 4th quarter. i started playing a bit more man to man because my zones were not doing the job, and then i got a couple plays over the top on me, so i go back to zone late and fucking clements and my safety watch as schillens catches a pass, could have been picked -_-

welp, maybe next year!

p.s. and yes gg rors! you definitely earned it with that squad!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyhow, it was a good game! back and forth all game. i threw 2 picks where i honestly have to say WTF. i didn't get a chance to look at the replays, but it felt like nnamdi and your LB came out of NOWHERE for those picks. i guess that's karma for my pwill pick against the saints :D

and another thing, wtf @ the throws pat white makes. the dude is rated 70 something but he can throw darts on the run 30 yards downfield!? why do we have ratings then EA! why!

but even aside from those things i could have still won, just didn't play very good defense in the 4th quarter. i started playing a bit more man to man because my zones were not doing the job, and then i got a couple plays over the top on me, so i go back to zone late and fucking clements and my safety watch as schillens catches a pass, could have been picked -_-

welp, maybe next year!

p.s. and yes gg rors! you definitely earned it with that squad!
:lol Great game. Seriously. Much like Luke, I feel lucky for having played these two games back to back, but at the same time I feel like throwing something. :lol

On the throws, you were bumping my dudes all day like nothing and I couldn't make you pay for it because either Pat overthrew or my guys dropped it wide open. Finally, I saw both of those long ass throws open and I chucked it hoping they could catch. BAM caught.

That Frank Gore catch was all on me. :lol I was too busy looking at DAvis.

And I'd like to send a shoutout to DM for reminding me of Freeplay. I would never make that dhb TD throw normally, but I said "fuck it!" because I remembered that video he posted...no joke. :lol

[edit] and they weren't darts! They were lofts and over the shoulder numbers! :D

the dhb td and the other TD when you were scrambling made me want to put my balls in a vice and turn it all the way! perhaps on another day those might've been picked, but not today!

and on that gore play i wasn't even LOOKING at him until the last second. for reference sake, it wasn't a flats play guys. i just sent gore on a fly route to clear any lb that might be there, and when i saw most of my guys were covered i looked downfield and said wtf? easy TD!

and wtf english didn't throw 3 picks! where did that chris johnson pick come from? or am i not remembering things? i could've swore i only threw 2.... i wonder if the CPU simmed the final play and threw that pick!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the dhb td and the other TD when you were scrambling made me want to put my balls in a vice and turn it all the way! perhaps on another day those might've been picked, but not today!

and on that gore play i wasn't even LOOKING at him until the last second. for reference sake, it wasn't a flats play guys. i just sent gore on a fly route to clear any lb that might be there, and when i saw most of my guys were covered i looked downfield and said wtf? easy TD!

and wtf english didn't throw 3 picks! where did that chris johnson pick come from? or am i not remembering things? i could've swore i only threw 2.... i wonder if the CPU simmed the final play and threw that pick!
The final chuck at the endzone with 3 seconds left was the final engrish pick

:lol Guys check out the scoring:

Second Quarter Road Home
(OAK) S.Janikowski, 49 Yd FG, 4:18 17 24
(SF) J.Nedney, 37 Yd FG, 1:18 14 17
(SF) R.Parrish 2 Yd pass from J.English(J.Nedney kick), 0:13 0 3
Third Quarter Road Home
(OAK) Z.Miller 23 Yd pass from P.White(S.Janikowski kick), 1:12 14 10
Fourth Quarter Road Home
(SF) E.Broussard, 4 Yd run(J.Nedney kick), 6:36 17 27
(OAK) D.Heyward-Bey 43 Yd pass from P.White(S.Janikowski kick), 1:29 17 17
(OAK) D.Heyward-Bey 18 Yd pass from P.White(S.Janikowski kick), 0:54 14 3
(SF) F.Gore 70 Yd pass from J.English(J.Nedney kick), 0:33 7 3
(OAK) S.Janikowski, 55 Yd FG, 0:11 0 0

Rorschach

One more thing, FMT. That Schilens fumblealmost made me throw the controller when it wouldn't let me challenge it. I was like "no, not like this! :'("

Dude just stood there shaking his head and pounding the ground while the other guy recovered.

[edit] and the jano missed fg wtf?!

Top Bottom