• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

LiveWire

Oh and FYI daw, you get to keep your 1st round pick at #11 overall, but owe me your 2nd round pick. I knew I should've been firm and insisted on top 10 conditional! Dammit! :lol

daw840

Just trying to emulate FMT's favorite player. Brett "can't make up my mind" Farve.

LiveWire said:
Oh and FYI daw, you get to keep your 1st round pick at #11 overall, but owe me your 2nd round pick. I knew I should've been firm and insisted on top 10 conditional! Dammit! :lol

Fucking LOL. HAHAHA.

That's some good negotiating right thar!

Nightz said:
Couldn't keep away, could you? :D I think you lost one of the Williams brothers to retirement though.

Damn IT!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cushing dropped two overall points....

FUCK JOO EA!

91421353.jpg.12406.0_display_image.jpg

Sorry Rors, I needed angry Cushing face.

Rorschach

Cushing is gonna get a buttload of Miller when we meet!

sableholic said:
hmm doesn't say that in FMT rules, thats why I was asking. Was surprised that rule was dropped.

So either Rors messed up or FMT messed up, which is it?

Also I forgot I hadn't said this:

Congrats Rors!
Thanks! And yes, there's a points system still. 150 minimum.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Man..if I would've kept him I would've had:

Cason 90
Cromartie 88
Jammer 87
I'm sure Livewire would listen to trade proposals. Maybe you can get Brian Orakpo this time. He hasn't been traded lately.

BigAT

Matrix said:
Cushing dropped two overall points....

FUCK JOO EA!
There must be some USC LB hate in the air. Clay Matthews dropped two points for absolutely no reason as well (26 years old, A potential, played every game).

I personally got fucked by progression really badly. Despite making a very conscious effort to get younger on that side of the ball, my starting defense lost one starter to retirement and as a unit, REGRESSED 10 POINTS TOTAL. This is a starting defense that was top 5 in the league in points allowed per game and had just two players over the age of 30. In addition to the already noted ridiculous regression of Clay Matthews, BJ Raji (age 26 with A POT) lost two points as well despite starting the entire season.

I had four draft picks of the first 45 players taken in the draft last season. Three of those players started immediately and the other saw significant action. The total progression for those 4 rookies was...3 points. Thank god my sixth CB with C potential that didn't see a single snap of defense progressed 4 points though.

Not even close to what I was expecting from the offseason...

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
There must be some USC LB hate in the air. Clay Matthews dropped two points for absolutely no reason as well (26 years old, A potential, played every game).

Looks like there is just hate for that entire class of LBers overall. Aaron Curry went down 2 points overall. Now he missed a few weeks with an injury but still.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Clint Sintim was also an LB in that draft class (early second rounder) and went down 2 points OVR as well.

WTF, is this just one big coincidence or have we been punked?

LJ11

Progression is a mess, good production and potential is meaningless. Both my A Potential guards went down 2 points, my B Pot RT that I drafted went up 6 after giving up the most sacks on the squad.

Seems like a bunch of players from the '09 Draft Class with A Pot went down 2 points for no real reason. At least Cary fucking Harris went from a 66 to a 74 in 3 seasons! Take that Alain!

My squad in general is a mess. Was banking on production + progression getting fringe guys with B potential into the 80's and all they did was regress after having career years.

bluemax

Banned
It is annoying that guys from the first fake class are better than guys from the last real class. The top tier guys in the 09 class should all be peaking right now, while the guys from the English/Leron class should be just about to break out.

Fifty

Baltimore's Michael Oher (RT) got a 3 point boost (90 now) for being the star of the Academy Award winning film, The Blind Side. If it wasn't for you, Michael Oher, Sandra Bullock would never have won her Oscar!

LukeSmith

It's time for another episode of "How Elite is Your Team." You know the rules: which team has the most players over 80?

Arizona [15]
Atlanta [20]
Baltimore [21]
Buffalo [15]
Carolina [16]
Chicago [17]
Cinnci [20]
Cleveland [18]
Dallas [21]
Denver [21]
Detroit [15]
Green Bay [18]
Houston [14]
Indianapolis [19]
Jacksonville [18]
Kansas City [15]
Miami [21]
Minnesota [18]
New England [22]
New Orleans [17]
New York Giants [25]
New York Jets [18]
Oakland [19]
Philadelphia [22]
Pittsburgh [20]
San Diego [21]
San Francisco [19]
Seattle [24]
St. Louis [13]
Tampa Bay [15]
Tennesee [21]
Washington [15]

Playoff Teams in italics.
Winner and still champion in bold.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I'm sure Livewire would listen to trade proposals. Maybe you can get Brian Orakpo this time. He hasn't been traded lately.

There's a special level of hell for deviants like you that put ticking time bomb offensive linemen in free agency. :mad:

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
It's time for another episode of "How Elite is Your Team." You know the rules: which team has the most players over 80?

Arizona [15]
Atlanta [20]
Baltimore [21]
Buffalo [15]
Carolina [16]
Chicago [17]
Cinnci [20]
Cleveland [18]
Dallas [21]
Denver [21]
Detroit [15]
Green Bay [18]
Houston [14]
Indianapolis [19]
Jacksonville [18]
Kansas City [15]
Miami [21]
Minnesota [18]
New England [22]
New Orleans [17]
New York Giants [25]
New York Jets [18]
Oakland [19]
Philadelphia [22]
Pittsburgh [20]
San Diego [21]
San Francisco [19]
Seattle [24]
St. Louis [13]
Tampa Bay [15]
Tennesee [21]
Washington [15]

Wow I'm second? That makes my 7-9 even more embarrassing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington from last night said:
I have 25 guys rated 81 or better. Guys that progressed into the 80s this season are Zak DeOssie (Almost strictly as a special teamer, wtf), Davion Kelly (DROY!), and Ahmad Bradshaw.

Must be nice to play for an organization that values developing their young talent.

Arizona [15]
Atlanta [20]
Baltimore [21]
Buffalo [15]
Carolina [16]
Chicago [17]
Cinnci [20]
Cleveland [18]
Dallas [21]
Denver [21]
Detroit [15]
Green Bay [18]
Houston [14]
Indianapolis [19]
Jacksonville [18]
Kansas City [15]
Miami [21]
Minnesota [18]
New England [22]
New Orleans [17]
New York Giants [25]
New York Jets [18]
Oakland [19]
Philadelphia [22]
Pittsburgh [20]
San Diego [21]
San Francisco [19]
Seattle [24]
St. Louis [13]
Tampa Bay [15]
Tennesee [21]
Washington [15]

I'm sorry I am continually bringing in new talent and developing them, how else can I compete with teams that are already stacked?

Last season I progressed even more guys into the 80s, Atkinson, Beatty, Beckum, Sintim, Bradley, Terrell Thomas, and Brown.

Wellington said:
I'm sorry I am continually bringing in new talent and developing them, how else can I compete with teams that are already stacked?

Last season I progressed even more guys into the 80s, Atkinson, Beatty, Beckum, Sintim, Bradley, Terrell Thomas, and Brown.

You progressed them? Hasn't that whole logic already been proven false. Performance seemingly has nothing to do with it.

Just out of curiosity how many 80 + guys did you start with?

Nightz

LukeSmith said:

Cinnci [20]

I think I had less than 10 when I first got the team. They're all grown up now. :lol

LiveWire

sableholic said:
You progressed them? Hasn't that whole logic already been proven false. Performance seemingly has nothing to do with it.

Ask Jerry Reese, he drafted them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thought I had tanked better than the twelfth pick.

But, hey, when you face 10 playoff teams, you're bound to lose some games.

Guess with Zep going back to the Rams, his offer of 3rd and 7th picks for the Dark Lord of Darkness is no longer in the works.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:

To an extent.

I benched 81 rated S Michael Johnson in favor of rook Davion Kelly this year.

Year 1 I benched Danny Clark (76 at the time) in favor of Clint Sintim (74 I think).

I play Brown over Bradshaw at RB.

I cut Shaun O'Hara in favor of Atkinson (O'Hara was 86 I think so it's a wash). I also cut McKenzie in favor of Beatty (McKenzie was also over 80).

Guys that I lost that were up over 80:

O'Hara
McKenzie
Fred Robbins
Osi
And maybe Rocky Bernard, but I don't remember if he was 79 or 80. Let's say 80 for arguments sake.

Under my tutelage, guys that have gone up over 80 with me are:

Kelly
Bradshaw
Brown
Sintim
Bradley
Atkinson
DeOssie
T Thomas
Beckum
Beatty
Hakeem Nicks
M. Johnson

bluemax

Banned
Wellie his point was there is no proof that those guys got to 80 by playing. For all we know they could have gotten there riding the pine for you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Wellie his point was there is no proof that those guys got to 80 by playing. For all we know they could have gotten there riding the pine for you.
OK, well they all played except for DeOssie. :/

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:

Arizona [15]
Atlanta [20]
Baltimore [21]
Buffalo [15]
Carolina [16]
Chicago [17]
Cinnci [20]
Cleveland [18]
Dallas [21]
Denver [21]
Detroit [15]
Green Bay [18]
Houston [14]
Indianapolis [19]
Jacksonville [18]
Kansas City [15]
Miami [21]
Minnesota [18]
New England [22]
New Orleans [17]
New York Giants [25]
New York Jets [18]
Oakland [19]
Philadelphia [22]
Pittsburgh [20]
San Diego [21]
San Francisco [19]
Seattle [24]
St. Louis [13]
Tampa Bay [15]
Tennesee [21]
Washington [15]

Moving on up! I went from second to last to middle of the road. :D

Progression skillz!!!

[edit] Btw, it's 18, not 19! ;) It'll be 17 soon!

[edit2]13 pre-progression and McFadden was out! o_O

My progression skillz > wellie's!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Moving on up! I went from second to last to middle of the road. :D

Progression skillz!!!

[edit] Btw, it's 18, not 19! ;) It'll be 17 soon!

[edit2]13 pre-progression and McFadden was out! o_O

My progression skillz > wellie's!!!
We apparently didn't have anything to do with it homeboy. :|

Rorschach

Wellington said:
We apparently didn't have anything to do with it homeboy. :|
I know. I was being facetious. The only way we did was through our drafts (a couple of my 80s are from draft 1), but even that's a crap shoot (see: Alain Jackson vs Patrick Lopez).

I will note, however, that my guys progressed differently in the dummy league. For example, Murphy is much better and DHB isn't nearly as good as in the alt league. Schilens in dummy is much better. Some guys progressed/regressed exactly the same, though, with much different stats. Who knows how this shit works.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DM's Running back going up 4 points when he played a half before i tore his insides apart should prove its just a crap shoot

CB3 said:
DM's Running back going up 4 points when he played a half before i tore his insides apart should prove its just a crap shoot

Exactly, that's all I'm trying to say. People saying that they did it all or that it was because of something they did just seems silly to me because its such a crap shoot. I had guys who never played a snap going up multiple points. I had my rookie wr who had 1000+ receiving yards go up only 1 pt. It's a crap shoot and really has nothing to do with the owner at all, I'm not saying that to offend anyone and not saying someone didn't make a good decision playing x person. I'm just saying it's clearly not based on stats, potential (see A rated Rocky McIntosh), playing time, or anything logical.

Rorschach

Biggers was a 4th or 5th round CB I picked up with crappy potential that didn't play a snap in season 1 and has gone up 6 points each season. :D He might start now! SKILLZ, BITCHES!

LiveWire

For those not following the trade thread:

SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

3:20 PM Eastern on ESPN 980 Radio

"Breaking news out of Washington today as trade talks have reached their peak. The developing story from sources inside both organizations claim that the Redskins and Chargers have agreed in principle to terms of a trade deal which is likely to be finalized and announced later this afternoon."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
For those not following the trade thread:

SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

3:20 PM Eastern on ESPN 980 Radio

"Breaking news out of Washington today as trade talks have reached their peak. The developing story from sources inside both organizations claim that the Redskins and Chargers have agreed in principle to terms of a trade deal which is likely to be finalized and announced later this afternoon."
The problem is no one cares.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Biggers was a 4th or 5th round CB I picked up with crappy potential that didn't play a snap in season 1 and has gone up 6 points each season. :D He might start now! SKILLZ, BITCHES!
Hmmmm let me put 2 and 2 together....

Rorschach

Wellington said:
The problem is no one cares.
I care because Livewire probably payed too much and the Chargers are already enough of a power team -_-

Wellington said:
Hmmmm let me put 2 and 2 together....
Start as a nickel since routt downgraded to like 68 -_- Everyone passes so much, there's no need for 4-3 or 3-4.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, leagues not very fun when an OLB drafted in the 1st draft, who was probably the 3rd or 4th best OLB available at pick #20ish, is the EXACT SAME PLAYER now, as he was then. Lee Carter....Perpetual 76 rated OLB. Rookie Season: 43 tackles, 3 sacks, 8 INT's Sophmore Season: 53 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 INT's, 2 FF

Result: 0 Improvements across the board.

Guess I'm lucky he didn't decline :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Akeem Jordan has gone up 2 points every season. Started at 75. Currently at 81 right now. If i can just get a LB worth a damn to start next to him ill be good

Smokey

Trasher said:
Just wanted to give you guys this update from Ramirez. His newborn son finally gets to go home! :)

horray!

CB3 said:
Dont worry friends. Ill save Livewire from himself if i have to!

This is a fair deal sir. Also CB shouldn't be allowed to approve/decline trades with players in his own division. Conflict of interest .

Top Bottom