• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the cone gave away too much? how do you think real DB's/Safeties play? they read the qb's eyes/head movement. a good qb can look someone off or make him think he's throwing somewhere he isn't. that was the cool thing about vision cone. i could have it locked on a guy but looking at someone else and quickly flip through. the offense is just too overpowered right now :(
Read what i said bro. I said the cone was a great idea but they should tune it in a way that isn't visible on field. Have the user have control over the QBs head movements/"cone" with the right stick. That way DBs and LBS still have the ability to read a QBs eyes.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the cone gave away too much? how do you think real DB's/Safeties play? they read the qb's eyes/head movement. a good qb can look someone off or make him think he's throwing somewhere he isn't. that was the cool thing about vision cone. i could have it locked on a guy but looking at someone else and quickly flip through. the offense is just too overpowered right now :(
I agree with FMT on this one. I had Eli back when he was throwing 20+ ints as my QB during the cone year and did fine. You could hold R2 and tap the button of the receiver you wanted and the cone would snap to him. Not that tough.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
how do you guys not know how the passing cone worked :lol

Having the passing cone visable to the D can work in your favor :lol Especially against the DB/LB Manual defenders

DCX said:
Read what i said bro. I said the cone was a great idea but they should tune it in a way that isn't visible on field. Have the user have control over the QBs head movements/"cone" with the right stick. That way DBs and LBS still have the ability to read a QBs eyes.

DCX

and read what i said. i said the defense seeing the cone can work to YOUR advantage. an example is a twin post with the TE and WR. i keep the cone on the wr, you follow, and then switch to the wr when you cut for the easy completion.

lots of examples like this and i'm not sure why they took vision cone completely out. i get why they didn't put it on by default but come on tiburon!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
how do you guys not know how the passing cone worked :lol

Having the passing cone visable to the D can work in your favor :lol Especially against the DB/LB Manual defenders
Yeah, you could completely fool someone to start a play.

Plus you could place it straight down the middle to start the play so you wouldn't tip your hand. I had shitty QBs with a small sliver of a cone and still managed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yeah, I don't know about the Cone. It was a neat thing and all, and the one version of the game where you could set the cone to a WR to start made it ok, but didn't the last version to have the cone, take that function away, and you had to do it during play. It made you hold another button (one of the shoulders, I think) and then press the WR's button, then you had to press that button again to throw it.

It just made it too complicated and lead to button mistakes.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
yeah, I don't know about the Cone. It was a neat thing and all, and the one version of the game where you could set the cone to a WR to start made it ok, but didn't the last version to have the cone, take that function away, and you had to do it during play. It made you hold another button (one of the shoulders, I think) and then press the WR's button, then you had to press that button again to throw it.

It just made it too complicated and lead to button mistakes.
That was the first version. The second version let you cycle through receivers by just moving the right stick. Before that, the right stick just moved it around with full 180 motion. You could use the shoulder button + receiver icon as well if you wanted to get to the WR faster.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
just sim and let's go if bob daw has any objections please speak now or forever hold your peace

90210 and Melrose Place are on tonight (wait, what year is this?). It's gonna be a fun night at Daw's place.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
so im playing gof of war 1 and im wondering around a fucking desert looking for some singing chick. 3 of them.

This is stupid

Oh but every girl has a see thru or no top on. boobs! instant classic!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fmt/dm you may now kiss the bride and SIM IT

bracket_williams.jpg

Smokey

CB3 said:
so im playing gof of war 1 and im wondering around a fucking desert looking for some singing chick. 3 of them.

This is stupid

keep playing and stfu

LiveWire

CB3 said:

This is stupid

Step 1. Turn off God of War

Step 2. Play Bionic Commando instead

Step 3. ??????

Step 4. PROFIT

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fmt since we're advancing tomorrow hopefully, will need to play then b/c i'm heading out thursday afternoon and won't be back until sunday

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Yeah, you could completely fool someone to start a play.

Plus you could place it straight down the middle to start the play so you wouldn't tip your hand. I had shitty QBs with a small sliver of a cone and still managed.

true elite even back then!

Striker

Rors, you going to use LJ? I think I'm rolling with Myles Mack and Ricardo Parker combo. I tried LJ in Week 1. vs CB, but he averaged like 2 yards per carry. Hardly got around blocks and breaking any tackles. Maybe you'll have better luck. :p

CPU Steelers,

I'll be around tomorrow if you're available. Thanks!

Rorschach

Striker said:
Rors, you going to use LJ? I think I'm rolling with Myles Mack and Ricardo Parker combo. I tried LJ in Week 1. vs CB, but he averaged like 2 yards per carry. Hardly got around blocks and breaking any tackles. Maybe you'll have better luck. :p

CPU Steelers,

I'll be around tomorrow if you're available. Thanks!
I'm using Bush. I just picked him up to bench him.
6od1d4.gif

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
:\

I was :\'ing the bobdaw situation.
Me too, plus at how badly I will be beaten in our matchup. I haven't even looked at Madden since my last game. I should probably sign back in, ah I'll do it tomorrow. :(

Nightz

peterb0y said:
ehhhh verry iffy- i have 16 pages of writing due tomorrow....... i'lll keep u updated and try to get as much done asap
No worries, take your time with your paper. It's fine if you can't play tonight.

Smokey

peterb0y said:
ehhhh verry iffy- i have 16 pages of writing due tomorrow....... i'lll keep u updated and try to get as much done asap

I feel you on this :lol

never had to do 16 pages in a day, i think most i ever had to do is 6-7 (business school thankfully we're not required to write long ass research papers except in one class).

i wish you luck, and stretch that shit out change the margins etc

MATRIIIIIIIIIIIX

Tonight destiny calls for you.

PBY

Banned
Smokey said:
I feel you on this :lol

never had to do 16 pages in a day, i think most i ever had to do is 6-7 (business school thankfully we're not required to write long ass research papers except in one class).

i wish you luck, and stretch that shit out change the margins etc

MATRIIIIIIIIIIIX

thanks.... my go to move is changing all the periods to size 14 font, so we'll see how that goes- :lol :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
MATRIIIIIIIIIIIX

I think I'd rather pull a
spongebob_1.jpg
and watch
human_target_angel1.jpg

Mrbob

Just want to let CPU Titans know we will be playing our matchup at the last possible second. Thank you everyone for your continued support.

Smokey

peterb0y said:
thanks.... my go to move is changing all the periods to size 14 font, so we'll see how that goes- :lol :lol

If the guidelines don't say anything about changing font then switch it to Arial..periods size 14, two spaces after each period and you straight. 16 pages though goddamn:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Just want to let CPU Titans know we will be playing our matchup at the last possible second. Thank you everyone for your continued support.

I'm the Bob game this week so fuck off Bob.

Top Bottom