• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Matrix said:
It's been 5 mins, quit Halo 3 or I Bob you and we play as the last game of the week.

I'm sitting around while you play Halo 3 when we had a time set, how does this make any sense?

:\

k well i quit, and you said you were good anytime after 8 central i didn't think you meant exactly 8.

regardless I need to make a 7 minute trip to the store for my little cousin real quick and I will be back to play.

send invite and i will accept as soon as i get back.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
*blows own brains out*

Did you not happen to see the part where I said see you online in 1 hour? I mean you quoted the post :\

This some type of pysch mind game your playing on me to get me pumped up for this game, cause it's having the opposite affect.

Smokey

Matrix said:
*blows own brains out*

Did you not happen to see the part where I said see you online in 1 hour? I mean you quoted the post :\

This some type of pysch mind game your playing on me to get me pumped up for this game, cause it's having the opposite affect.

:lol

im back calm down!

gg astro. lionheart just didn't have it today! but keller did! even i called bullshit on those long runs. it's unfair that he is a 99 speed and constantly breaks tackles, but what can i do!

see, if you guys didn't mention me "running up the score" on the rams that would've been gore running.... and he would have been stopped for modest gains!

how do you upload plays directly to the site?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Aye, think pheenicks kicker hit 2 from 60 + because we had a gust of 15 MPH. So when he had the wind at his back...

Taylor is out for 3 weeks, but on an important play. Brandy was just int'd, and someone caused the defender to fumble, and Taylor grabbed it, the pop goes the ankle. Had to reintroduce the Tribrow Show

BTW, fmt, we didn't say to take away Gore, we said English.

Lonestar said:
Aye, think pheenicks kicker hit 2 from 60 + because we had a gust of 15 MPH. So when he had the wind at his back...

Taylor is out for 3 weeks, but on an important play. Brandy was just int'd, and someone caused the defender to fumble, and Taylor grabbed it, the pop goes the ankle. Had to reintroduce the Tribrow Show

BTW, fmt, we didn't say to take away Gore, we said English.

too bad the rules is starting HB or starting QB! the choice is yours (mine) my friend!

CB3 said:
ill be sure to start Vick every game then bring donovan in after a play. just incase.

i truly hope i play you at some point this season. if i swept you last year without keller i can only imagine the type of thrashing i would give you these days!

Fifty

I should never have dropped Keller. I don't miss him, because FOR ME he fumbled the ball way too often, and missed a ton of plays/games, but when he's not doing those things, he's just a ridiculous player. His evasiveness rating basically serves as a coat of butter that allows people to slide off him instead of tackling him. It didn't make me weaker, as much as it made someone else much stronger.

Meanwhile I got Darren Sharper, who has been absolutely, positively useless for me. No INTs (at least 3 dropped ones though) and maybe 1 or 2 tackles in the season to date. Just pathetic. I've never seen a bust like this in all my Madden seasons.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im just saying! I might as well start my clearly inferior backups then introduce my better players after just incase i have to bench someone this season.

Fifty i didnt think i could play today but i can. i saw your post but just incase you can go ill be around

CB3 said:
im just saying! I might as well start my clearly inferior backups then introduce my better players after just incase i have to bench someone this season.

then i hope vicky gets hurt the first play of the game and you're forced to use your 3rd stringer.... ghost of Kolb!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
then i hope vicky gets hurt the first play of the game and you're forced to use your 3rd stringer.... ghost of Kolb!

Bob got fucked by Vick. I was sick and the screen literally looked like a blur soi just starting running for my life. It worked though! I should have started that sooner against him :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I didn't use Tribrow much last year, but tonight reminded me how fun and tricky he can be. He is average with accuracy, but I pulled off some crazy shit when I was trying to run clock in the 3rd and 4th.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
poor matrix :(

dave, i need a huge favor from you. i need you to beat the seachickens. save your season!

With the way things have been going for me in Madden. thats a thousand to one shot

BigAT

Wellington said:
GG AT.

The year of the O continues.

Yep, quite a GG.

My defense was on the field for far too long that game. Through the second half and overtime I didn't have anything close to resembling rested players on the field. Even calling timeouts to try to give them a break didn't really work especially well. 33:05 to 13:52 TOP.

That and I had to settle for far too many field goals instead of touchdowns.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That fucking game felt fixed, but whatever. Fucking catching balls off my back and ass.

gg smokey.

Besides Mason I think I'm burnt out on Madden 10. Mason will be up for grabs if you guys do another season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Yep, quite a GG.

My defense was on the field for far too long that game. Through the second half and overtime I didn't have anything close to resembling rested players on the field. Even calling timeouts to try to give them a break didn't really work especially well. 33:05 to 13:52 TOP.

That and I had to settle for far too many field goals instead of touchdowns.
AJ Hawk is a beast. Almost turned the game around completely.

Yeah man I was playing a bit of rope a dope with your D since I know you like to blitz. Raji, Carter, and Ellis have 78 STA, Jenkins has 83. I was biding my time with runs and PAs so that I could hit big gainers over the top. I was trying to lure you into less effective blitzes so the guys on the outside would be in one on one. Your blitzes wouldn't get home because of the tired DL or replacement DL, was my plan. CJ versus Woodson was an attractive matchup because if Woodson pressed, he'd get off it quickly and then it was 95 spd v 81 spd.

I schemed the shit out of my D and you still were able to get good yardage. I was performing so many machinations with almost every call but you were still able to beat it pretty well. That's awesome work on your part. Usually I can hold guys under 200 yards no problem with the amount of work I put into that game, but you had almost no issue, especially on that last drive. Excellent call against the cover 2 I had run for you to get into the endzone.

I hope we meet in the playoffs.

Now time for revenge against Live.

Smokey

Matrix said:
That fucking game felt fixed, but whatever. Fucking catching balls off my back and ass.

gg smokey.

Besides Mason I think I'm burnt out on Madden 10. Mason will be up for grabs if you guys do another season.

fixed? at your home stadium? this was a makeup game from last seasons debacle.

gg though

bjoreen was on lockdown until that big run play where I just decided to try and hit stick the shit out of him with everybody and he just slid right off:lol

Matrix said:
:lol Unreal....

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18254949

And I couldn't catch a wide open fucking screen pass to Bjoern, that might have resulted in a huge gain or td.

Play of the season so far right there.

he was intimidated by the great LB core. Bjoreen fumbled after getting whacked and he had butter fingers on the screen play. He was skured.

Matrix

Smokey said:
fixed? at your home stadium? this was a makeup game from last seasons debacle.

gg though

bjoreen was on lockdown until that big run play where I just decided to try and hit stick the shit out of him with everybody and he just slid right off:lol

Play of the season so far right there.

he was intimidated by the great LB core. Bjoreen fumbled after getting whacked and he had butter fingers on the screen play. He was skured.

Here we go the minor trash talking after you win, wouldn't expect anything less from you.
Yea it felt fixed, that's my opinion. I don't need to state the reasons I felt that way.

You wouldn't have kept Bjoern in check if I was allowed to use him the way I want. I feel like if I ran the way I wanted to I'd be accused of cheese. Also you didn't have to keep thinking I was going to fake punt you all game, honestly have I shown to be that type of player? It would have been hilarious if it was a close game and you kept hurting yourself with field position.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Here we go the minor trash talking after you win, wouldn't expect anything less from you.
Yea it felt fixed, that's my opinion. I don't need to state the reasons I felt that way.

You wouldn't have kept Bjoern in check if I was allowed to use him the way I want. I feel like if I ran the way I wanted to I'd be accused of cheese. Also you didn't have to keep thinking I was going to fake punt you all game, honestly have I shown to be that type of player? It would have been hilarious if it was a close game and you kept hurting yourself with field position.

oh god don't go all bluemax and shit

seriously me out of all people..if you wanted to play how you wanted then you should've done so. you were making it seem that way this entire time so really you should've done what you wanted. don't worry about hurting my feelings..im sure i will be ok:lol

eventually

and on fake punt i told you i don't take anything for granted anymore. it was nothing against you and besides it hurt me more than it hurt you.

touchy touchy i see

Matrix

Smokey said:
oh god don't go all bluemax and shit

seriously me out of all people..if you wanted to play how you wanted then you should've done so. you were making it seem that way this entire time so really you should've done with you wanted. don't worry about hurting my feelings..im sure i will be ok:lol

eventually

and on fake punt i told you i don't take anything for granted anymore. it was nothing against you and besides it hurt me more than it hurt you.

touchy touchy i see

I'm going bluemax? :lol not even close. Bjoern is accused of cheese every week, I have no idea how I'm allowed to play with him at this point. I never even throw to the flats with him.

Come on dude you start talking shit like I shut Bjoern down and he only got that big run cause of a mistake I made. Well I could say the same to about 3 or 4 of your td's where I manually took control and fucked up.... whats the difference?

That absurd catch you had sums up my feelings on the game. The contrast that you could catch that or the Floyd TD where I flipped him in the air and I can't catch a wide open dinky pass.

i dont think anyone calls Bjoern cheese anymore than they do joey keller, leron james, giovanni girley or any of the other 99 spd backs. play with him however you want to play. it's not your fault the created RB's are overpowered vs. other created players.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont think anyone calls Bjoern cheese anymore than they do joey keller, leron james, giovanni girley or any of the other 99 spd backs. play with him however you want to play. it's not your fault the created RB's are overpowered vs. other created players.
FMT I hate to break it to you, but these fantasy backs have been very average against my defenses. Keller will get a taste soon. First I must decapitate Lorenzo Redmond.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg astro. lionheart just didn't have it today! but keller did! even i called bullshit on those long runs. it's unfair that he is a 99 speed and constantly breaks tackles, but what can i do!

see, if you guys didn't mention me "running up the score" on the rams that would've been gore running.... and he would have been stopped for modest gains!

how do you upload plays directly to the site?
yeah i was pretty much on tilt for 2 1/2 quarters there after i got some pretty tough breaks early.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm going bluemax? :lol not even close. Bjoern is accused of cheese every week, I have no idea how I'm allowed to play with him at this point. I never even throw to the flats with him.

Come on dude you start talking shit like I shut Bjoern down and he only got that big run cause of a mistake I made. Well I could say the same to about 3 or 4 of your td's where I manually took control and fucked up.... whats the difference?

That absurd catch you had sums up my feelings on the game. The contrast that you could catch that or the Floyd TD where I flipped him in the air and I can't catch a wide open dinky pass.

oh god..IM NOT TALKIN SHIT.

i took a playful jab because of the dialogue leading up to this game about Bjoern.

that is all..it will be ok man.

lets hope the Rockets don't make the playoffs!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

thank you

Wellington said:
FMT I hate to break it to you, but these fantasy backs have been very average against my defenses. Keller will get a taste soon. First I must decapitate Lorenzo Redmond.

i don't use keller as my main back except against the cards. and even against them broussard got the two early TD's.

gore is my horse back, and he will be back in time to get revenge on you putting him out for the regular season!

Matrix

Well it's become a running theme around here that Bjoern is supreme cheese. Everyone feels differently. Dennog was annoyed by him and created that thread to get a new league going. Some people joke around and some people come across as completely serious about him.

Smokey said stuff leading up to our game saying don't cheese me with him, how am I to know what he considers cheese. HB tossing? I did it twice all game? Throwing to the flats like Luke and Petey do? We all saw he he reacted to the fake punt, which is why I was joking around with him :p Again you say play your game FMT, but I still feel like I can't based on watching others fight over shit and I don't want any part of that.

Everyone here has their style of play and also what they consider cheese, me I don't give a shit how anyone plays against me. I wouldn't even care if they ran 1-5-5 D all game.

DCX

DCX
GG DM. A rough day for offenses this game. Tank had to work for his this game and that late fumble as i was driving trying to seal the deal was heart breaking. Freecheese was spied all game! Despite that he still score a TD and had some clutch throws and runs.

My D was getting gassed. To much 4 wide had my guys running backwards :( Well, see you after my bye :/

DCX

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Well it's become a running theme around here that's Bjoern is supreme cheese. Everyone feels differently. Dennog was annoyed by him and created that thread to get a new league going. Some people joke around and some people come across as completely serious about him.

Smokey said stuff leading up to our game saying don't cheese me with him, how am I to know what he considers cheese. HB tossing? I did it twice all game? Throwing to the flats like Luke and Petey do? We all saw he he reacted to the fake punt, which is why I was joking around with him :p Again you say play your game FMT, but I still feel like I can't based on watching others fight over shit and I don't want any part of that.

Everyone here has their style of play and also what they consider cheese, me I don't give a shit how anyone plays against me. I wouldn't even care if they ran 1-5-5 D all game.
:D I love you :)

DCX

Matrix said:
Well it's become a running theme around here that Bjoern is supreme cheese. Everyone feels differently. Dennog was annoyed by him and created that thread to get a new league going. Some people joke around and some people come across as completely serious about him.

as i said, it's not your fault or anyone elses fault that these backs are overpowered. you obviously didn't have a problem using him "your way" last season, so what's the big deal? i don't think anyone has a legitimate complaint unless you are running tosses and screens EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

Smokey

Matrix said:

The fake punt was rule that was broken during a playoff game.

That was different.

ANYWAY

enough about that whole situation, you could've and should've used Bjoren however you felt minus what FMT said. I got just as much shit from you guys about Turner up until like last season. It's the defenses job to stop you brah, not your job to stop yourself.

Rorschach

SMH. Matrix, I told you not to take that shit to heart. Bjoern is no more "cheese" than any of the overrated HBs. 32 teams passed on Bjoern and 20 of them passed on him twice. If they thought so much of him, they should have scooped him up.

DCX said:
Well, see you after my bye :/

DCX
:lol This season's schedules are so crappy.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
as i said, it's not your fault or anyone elses fault that these backs are overpowered. you obviously didn't have a problem using him "your way" last season, so what's the big deal? i don't think anyone has a legitimate complaint unless you are running tosses and screens EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

I ran far more tosses last season at the start when I first had him and before people starting saying these backs were cheese. I was having such a bad team season that people were not really paying attention to his numbers till he passed Tank/ Scooter and till I actually brought it to peoples attention :lol

I think that's why I destroyed DM so badly with the run, no bitching about tossing at the time and no semi rules in place.... DM kinda got fucked over, but it's DM and he has a QB who can throw backwards so I don't feel bad. I changed my style of play as the season went on and this year I have practically stopped tossing and I hardly throw screens cause Bjoern drops shit.

The problem is still Bjoern is so overpowered that he knocks people over even when he should be tackled and I can see how that's annoying and why some people give me a hard time about him.

As much as I love running with the guy the cheese talk is in the back of my mind no matter what. When it's talked about so much you can't help but feel the need to change the way you play or hold back.

Smokey I never gave you shit about the way you ran with Turner and have given no one a hard time about the way they play.

LiveWire

gg Somnia. Starting out 14-0 after two fumbles on the first run play of the drive and the ensuing kickoff put me in too much of a hole to overcome. That and your effin' mule-kicker/punter pinning me deep every time (3 starts inside the 10, 1 at the 2! greeaaaat). :(

Early 4th quarter down only by 3 I thought I had a chance, but then another goddamn fumble on a kickoff return and you're up by 6. Wanted to try and eat up the remaining time on a long slow drive but Morrow gets hit while throwing and after the INT I'm forced to just try and sling/slang to have a chance.

Guess I'll just have to settle for 5-1 in the East now.

Wellington said:
Now time for revenge against Live.

You wish. I got some steam to blow off from this loss. The Meadowlands is getting bombed in Week 6.

Top Bottom