• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

TMI:

whossorrynow015 9:14 pm
alright, im going to go take a shower, might be a 15 minute one cause i got some new pics of alex today

Nightz

GG LJ. Couldn't do anything in that game. If there weren't so many injuries we would've finished that game like 20 minutes ago. :lol

LJ11

Nightz said:
GG LJ. Couldn't do anything in that game. If there weren't so many injuries we would've finished that game like 20 minutes ago. :lol

Good game dude, I really hate the injuries. It seems like every time I play about 3 guys go down at the least. I just wanted to run the ball out in that 2nd half and get it over with but you had that pick six which changed the complexion. Looked like a QB contain INT. I had double slants called, you sat on them and the RB to the flats was my last option. Perfect D for that play.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who are you rooting for brah? you want the division title, or possible bye!
As dirty as it feels, for you. It's not even a difficult choice.

The scenario I lamented a few days ago is a real possibility. In fact, if the season ended today I would have the best record in the NFC, the real tiebreaker over Bob, and I would still be the #5 seed in the playoffs.

Edit: Anyone want to set the over/under for combined TE receptions in this game?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Godammit, this shit always happens when I play ph33nicks. Played 2 first halves, 1st locked Up at 21-0. 2nd one locked up at 24-0. SMH

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Godammit, this shit always happens when I play ph33nicks. Played 2 first halves, 1st locked Up at 21-0. 2nd one locked up at 24-0. SMH

just play the cpu

LukeSmith

So if Rors gets Big Ben in a trade he has to sit him 6 weeks in our '11 sim League right? I mean, FMT did get the Panthers first rounder this year.

CB3

LukeSmith said:
So if Rors gets Big Ben in a trade he has to sit him 6 weeks in our '11 sim League right? I mean, FMT did get the Panthers first rounder this year.

Love how he introduced that rule just to get the pick :lol

CB3 said:
Love how he introduced that rule just to get the pick :lol

lolz i said it before we even started the league. and actually, it wasn't a "this is the rule and that's it" i asked everyone about it and i can't think of anyone who was openly against it.

anyhow, 49ers defeat bears in the TE bowl. vernon davis.... victorious!

i pretty much handled jpout but for some bogus josh freeman type scrambles/throws out of the pocket and one ridiculous greg olsen TD from long distance. jack english nearly flawless as usual.... only 2 incompletions (both on the final drive of the first half)

my march to another #1 seed continues!

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
good game earlier today rors... i would have posted in this thread after, but I was too disgusted with my performance- absolutely pitiful, you ran train on me
GG. Thought we had a game going on that super long Wayne TD.

LukeSmith said:
So elite you can't even play your chosen position. Must be nice!
I remember you switched to FS for the game you played me. You must be super elite!

Mrbob said:
Yeah I see Rors ran up the score in the 4th. He should have to rest players!

I'm right here!
No I didn't. I had a start at the 9 yard line after turnover on downs and there was pass D against a 1 WR formation. I basically walked in. :( And the other was the same, but 3 hb dives at the 1. -_-

When I play the cpu in those situations, I usually take knees or punt it from the 1. Unlike you who runs up the score against the cpu just to get jpout some meaningless stats...

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lolz i said it before we even started the league. and actually, it wasn't a "this is the rule and that's it" i asked everyone about it and i can't think of anyone who was openly against it.

anyhow, 49ers defeat bears in the TE bowl. vernon davis.... victorious!

i pretty much handled jpout but for some bogus josh freeman type scrambles/throws out of the pocket and one ridiculous greg olsen TD from long distance. jack english nearly flawless as usual.... only 2 incompletions (both on the final drive of the first half)

my march to another #1 seed continues!

Better hope we don't meet in the playoffs friend. You won't have to rely again on on two spider sense ints when I was driving in to score (one for a taint), a missed fg.

You better polish up your offensive attack of crossing routes and flat passes if we meet in the postseason, you'll need more than that to win. :D

Mrbob said:
Better hope we don't meet in the playoffs friend. You won't have to rely again on on two spider sense ints when I was driving in to score (one for a taint), a missed fg.

You better polish up your offensive attack of crossing routes and flat passes if we meet in the postseason, you'll need more than that to win. :D

since when was an appropriate zone defense spider sense? both clements and bowman were just sitting in short zones. i have no idea WHAT you saw on the bowman pick or if cutler just "made a bad throw" cause that was awful. then bowman returned it all the way because you traded him.

and my offensive attack doesn't need polishing. you got the basics, and i think i threw 2 flats passes all game. not my fault you blitzed time and again and manned up on VD. none of your LB's can stay with him! zone it up!

Mrbob

Bowman moved inside and I threw it outside...he basically did 180 on a fly to get that ball. But no biggie now I have motivation to make it far into the playoffs to get another shot. :D

I forgot to save your first TD pass though...shows how broken the game is. You did a play action and I had a blitzer right in the face of english to his back. Does a 180 throw dump off to the rb for a touchdown.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
since when was an appropriate zone defense spider sense? both clements and bowman were just sitting in short zones. i have no idea WHAT you saw on the bowman pick or if cutler just "made a bad throw" cause that was awful. then bowman returned it all the way because you traded him.

and my offensive attack doesn't need polishing. you got the basics, and i think i threw 2 flats passes all game. not my fault you blitzed time and again and manned up on VD. none of your LB's can stay with him! zone it up!

We're all done pretending Bob is relevant in Madden, right?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Sable. My D did a decent job, but did not hold up at the end. There are some things that you did that I was not equipped to handle.

I'll do the draft and FA, but I won't be playing next season. I had been mulling over giving it another go, but after some conversations it's the right move to put this game down.

Rorschach

I'll fill in for the Ravens.
25a1zqo.png

PBY

Banned
Rorschach said:
No I didn't. I had a start at the 9 yard line after turnover on downs and there was pass D against a 1 WR formation. I basically walked in. :( And the other was the same, but 3 hb dives at the 1. -_-

When I play the cpu in those situations, I usually take knees or punt it from the 1.
^this... Rors did nothing out of line in our game- if anything, I went for it on 4th way too much- I sort of checked out mentally when I was down so much so soon, which is basically why the score ended so lopsided.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
:(

peterb0y said:
^this... Rors did nothing out of line in our game- if anything, I went for it on 4th way too much- I sort of checked out mentally when I was down so much so soon, which is basically why the score ended so lopsided.
Thanks, Pete. I think MrBob is just projecting based on his own guilt.

Smokey

pains the shit out of me to say this, but rors is one of the more fair players here.

there's plenty of cheeseheads too:

lj, dcx, mrbob to name a few

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
pains the shit out of me to say this, but rors is one of the more fair players here.

Rors and LJ are two of my favorite players to play in the league. Never felt cheesed at all by either of them, just outplayed usually.

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:

Ben's not going anywhere, don't get Rors hopes up.

CB3

I think Ben will stay in Pittsburgh. But if they trade him tomorrow i will laugh till i can laugh no more.

Ramirez

CB3 said:
I think Ben will stay in Pittsburgh. But if they trade him tomorrow i will laugh till i can laugh no more.

They're just threatening him with Oakland trade talks to make him want to shape up. :lol

CB3

I dont fully believe that. You dont shop a franchise QB for shits and giggles. If the Raiders wanna give their first rounder, i think the steelers would think about it

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:

gtfo dont fuck up a friendship with bullshit accusations...

DCX

Wellington said:
GG Sable. My D did a decent job, but did not hold up at the end. There are some things that you did that I was not equipped to handle.

I'll do the draft and FA, but I won't be playing next season. I had been mulling over giving it another go, but after some conversations it's the right move to put this game down.

gg man, definetly a nailbitter. sorry i had to go in the middle of the convo last night. I regretted not kicking the fg at the start of the game but i guess its ok since you missed a fg later on. still can't believe the pass just hit grimes in the head.

anyways your defense was stout I was having trouble finding holes in it and you were doing a great job of eating up the clock. I knew I scored too quickly when I had the ball with around 2 mins left and scored on a decently long pass.

I still was a little mad about getting called for PI on the pick that could have ended the game, but watching the replay i guess i might have hit his leg before going up for the ball? Dunno but I rarely see the PI get called and you capitalized on it. Like you said it wasn't the only odd/bad thing to happen in the game, but still frustrating just cause I think i've only ever seen pi called one other time. I see you uploaded the lucky td I had, def thought that was going to be a interception, but thankfully it squeezed in there.

I'm glad I took some timeouts during your scoring drive at the end as it left me just enough time to get down the field and score the game tieing fg. And when I won the overtime toss I felt fairly confident I could move into fg position although I should have been a little more careful as I think you stripped the ball once or twice when i was in fg range. Anyways great game.

Since this is both of our last seasons we should try and meet up in the playoffs where you can get the ultimate revenge.

Edit: Looking at stats, wow didn't realize I actually ended up with more t.o.p., although I did have 4 mins or so in overtime, but really I didn't think it was close at all. Nice to see I continue to be at the top in terms of penalties and penalty yards :(

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
gg man, definetly a nailbitter. sorry i had to go in the middle of the convo last night. I regretted not kicking the fg at the start of the game but i guess its ok since you missed a fg later on. still can't believe the pass just hit grimes in the head.

anyways your defense was stout I was having trouble finding holes in it and you were doing a great job of eating up the clock. I knew I scored too quickly when I had the ball with around 2 mins left and scored on a decently long pass.

I still was a little mad about getting called for PI on the pick that could have ended the game, but watching the replay i guess i might have hit his leg before going up for the ball? Dunno but I rarely see the PI get called and you capitalized on it. Like you said it wasn't the only odd/bad thing to happen in the game, but still frustrating just cause I think i've only ever seen pi called one other time. I see you uploaded the lucky td I had, def thought that was going to be a interception, but thankfully it squeezed in there.

I'm glad I took some timeouts during your scoring drive at the end as it left me just enough time to get down the field and score the game tieing fg. And when I won the overtime toss I felt fairly confident I could move into fg position although I should have been a little more careful as I think you stripped the ball once or twice when i was in fg range. Anyways great game.

Since this is both of our last seasons we should try and meet up in the playoffs where you can get the ultimate revenge.

Edit: Looking at stats, wow didn't realize I actually ended up with more t.o.p., although I did have 4 mins or so in overtime, but really I didn't think it was close at all. Nice to see I continue to be at the top in terms of penalties and penalty yards :(
Well its me and you buddy. I hope to cut the turnovers down and make a dent in that zone of yours.

DCX

DCX said:
Well its me and you buddy. I hope to cut the turnovers down and make a dent in that zone of yours.

DCX

yep should be good. not looking forward to the last three games lol. Will 10-6 make it to the playoffs? I'm thinking probably not, but didn't look too much at the other teams. Which means I'll somehow have to beat Rors or Smokey which won't happen.

Mrbob

Woo with the help of Denog I got into the SC2 beta. So long, Madden!

You might actually have a shot to beat me now CB. My attention will be fixated on SC2 instead!

Smokey

DCX said:
gtfo dont fuck up a friendship with bullshit accusations...

DCX

bwhaha

yes i was joking about the cheese heads. well maybe not MR 1-5-5 CHEEZE GTFO!!!

Mrbob said:
Woo with the help of Denog I got into the SC2 beta. So long, Madden!

You might actually have a shot to beat me now CB. My attention will be fixated on SC2 instead!

*puts on cb3 voice*

why play starcraft 2 you can play the original it's pretty much the same game w/ bettar graphix amirite

Top Bottom