• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

Round 1, Pick 31selection: DT Nehemiah Ford

Drafting very late in the first, there wasn't a whole lot left for me to go after. DT was a big position of need for me and Ford was the best available. He ended up being C potential though, he made hardly any impact for me in his rookie year, recording single digit tackles if I remember correct. No progression in the offseason, after which I traded him to Nightz for a 3rd rounder. He still has yet to progress a single point overall.

Round 2, Pick 31selection: LG Colby Miller

He's started every game since he was drafted and is currently my highest rated OL. Very happy with this one.

Round 3, Pick 31selection: RB Otha Gardner

He has seen his fair share of action, providing a nice change of pace back for Ryan Grant.

Overall: C+. My first round selection really brings this grade down, Ford was a complete swing and a miss unfortunately. I really don't feel that bad about the choice though, there wasn't any defensive talent that I passed on that I really regret (Simms was there, but I had two very good MLB already at the time). Remove him from the equation and I would probably rate my next two picks in the A- range.

Rorschach

Rorschach said:
First three rounds (for some reason I'm missing the first 7 picks :():
Patrick Lopez (Starter now)
Harrison Clark ROLB (AI drafted, starter during SB run)
Domico Middlebrook RB (filled in for McFadden a lot, mostly situational player now)
Will johnson LB (special teamer :\)
Steve Lucious WR (Bust. Drafted because I wanted a big possession target, but apparently big doesn't matter ;))

We didn't really know what we were doing for the most part in that first draft, but I'm happy with Patrick Lopez. I hated that Clark pickup (he had like 11 tackles in each season), but nothing I could do about that one. :(

I'd give myself a C considering the bad AI pick and picking so late. :D

I did pick up a garbage FA (one let go and not put in the FA draft) that season that is a starter now. Hooray for hidden gems!
Forgot to Add Jacob Winnington (G) Starter since he was picked. :D :D Round 2 pick 27. :)

BigAT said:

Drafting very late in the first, there wasn't a whole lot left for me to go after. DT was a big position of need for me and Ford was the best available. He ended up being C potential though, he made hardly any impact for me in his rookie year, recording single digit tackles if I remember correct. No progression in the offseason, after which I traded him to Nightz for a 3rd rounder. He still has yet to progress a single point overall.

Round 2, Pick 31selection: LG Colby Miller

He's started every game since he was drafted and is currently my highest rated OL. Very happy with this one.

Round 3, Pick 31selection: RB Otha Gardner

He has seen his fair share of action, providing a nice change of pace back for Ryan Grant.

Overall: C+. My first round selection really brings this grade down, Ford was a complete swing and a miss unfortunately. I really don't feel that bad about the choice though, there wasn't any defensive talent that I passed on that I really regret (Simms was there, but I had two very good MLB already at the time). Remove him from the equation and I would probably rate my next two picks in the A- range.
Guess that draft was decent for guards. Did your guard go up? Mine hasn't moved an inch. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh, yeah, forgot the grading for the draft, but I know I'm no good as self analyizing. I'd say... B?

Lost Moss, Adalious Thomas
Gained Bellows, Carter, Tribow and Axel.

Could mark the score down, because of the apparent "stretch" for Carter, and waste of 2 2nd round and 1 low 3rd round picks, on mid 70 talent with no progression. As well as if the departure of a still 95+ rated Moss and Low 80 rated Thomas was too much lost in relation to what I picked up. I don't feel like so. Though Moss can be "Win Button" easy, I like Bellow's skill set better, and for a mistake, I can't deny that Touchdown Tribow has made me harder to stop in the RZ.

Yes, Ror, that 1st draft now seemed loaded with OLine talent. Boma went in the 1st 15 picks of the 2nd round, and he's like rated 93 or so, for Seattle.

Somnia

So watching the new Halo Vidoc and Luke talks about how he is gonna rain death on his co-workers with the sniper...but in reality you know he is thinking about killing all of us.

so, i'm clearly new to the whole Gaf Madden-age, but not new to Madden. Grizzled Verteran, possibly. Is there any way to get on the train for the 2011 Madden franchise group? preferably the Lions?

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Guess that draft was decent for guards. Did your guard go up? Mine hasn't moved an inch. :(
Yeah, I believe he started at 77 and he's currently rated 84. 5 points the first year, 2 the second. He's B rated.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Somnia said:
So watching the new Halo Vidoc and Luke talks about how he is gonna rain death on his co-workers with the sniper...but in reality you know he is thinking about killing all of us.

Luke a Sniper Whore? Makes sense. I hate those people in Halo . Fight me like a man, pussy.

I have better stats in Halo 3 than Luke and i dont even like the game

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Somnia said:
As someone who has played a lot of Halo with Luke in the past, I can personally vouch that his sniper skills are scary good. He and the two other guys we played with could dominate a room. I was like the closer/rabbit for the team wandering about either finishing dudes off or getting them to chase after me into the line of fire.

CB3

goldlion054 said:
so, i'm clearly new to the whole Gaf Madden-age, but not new to Madden. Grizzled Verteran, possibly. Is there any way to get on the train for the 2011 Madden franchise group? preferably the Lions?

I dont think we have any Lions fans. You should be good.

Rorschach

I just know that FMT better not let in the flakers in again. I bet you he lets Zep in.
goldlion054 said:
I don't think you'd have much competition for the Lions. :p 2011 is a long ways away, so we don't know how many players we have for it yet. It would be nice to have an actual Lions fan on board, though.

CB3

Rorschach said:
I don't think you'd have much competition for the Lions. :p 2011 is a long ways away, so we don't know how many players we have for it yet.

I just know that FMT better not let in the flakers in again. I bet you he lets Zep in.

Im cool with Zep but i laugh when everyone lets him into their leagues. Dont people learn?

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Im cool with Zep but i laugh when everyone lets him into their leagues. Dont people learn?

:lol

I mean, sometimes he can last a few games, but this season....

PERFECT. Didn't he make it for the draft???? And hasn't been back since.

Last Activity: 03-16-2010 11:39 AM

DMczaf

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/news/story?id=5125873

Jon Robinson: There are a lot of scenes in "Madden NFL 11" where they show you without your helmet. They have a cut scene of you walking around the locker room before the game and throwing passes on the sidelines where you see your face and hair. What do you think of the new look?

Drew Brees: It's interesting because I went through the facial scan and all that stuff, and then seeing the game and going, wow, that looks like me in a digital, animated kind of way. The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling. There's also this Game Plan feature where you go in beforehand and you can put together your list of plays for the season or for a certain game.C'mon, that's awesome. That's as close to being in the real-live action as you can.

Jon Robinson: So if I'm playing as the Saints, what's the coach going to be telling me to do on offense?

Drew Brees: We have so much stuff, he could be telling you any number of things. [laughs] I just like that EA Sports has broken down the film, and really, for every team they're taking plays that you actually run in certain situations and put them in the game. Now you don't need to worry about trying to figure out what to call in a tough spot. Now the coach will call the best play for you and it's up to you to execute that play. I'm amazed at how accurate the game is. I can't wait to dive into "11."

It's no longer Ask Madden, it's now Ask Raheem!.......wait. *puts gun to head*

Somnia

CB3 said:
I cant wait to see Ask Reid. Its gonna be a bunch of PA plays without any running plays to sell the PA

I know the feeling...I'll be asking Garrett and he wont utilize my 3 running backs at all.

CB3

So are we ever gonna get some L4D2 going in here. I played with Lonestar a few times. FMT made like a 5 second appearance once and left. I pulled a CK and bought this game because of you fuckers

Lonestar

CB3 said:
So are we ever gonna get some L4D2 going in here. I played with Lonestar a few times. FMT made like a 5 second appearance once and left. I pulled a CK and bought this game because of you fuckers

Can't be me, sent that back to Gamefly a long time ago. And just canceled Gamefly. $22 a month to spend on something else!

Somnia

CB3 said:

On 360? I'd be up for playing sometime (not tonight). I actually haven't played it yet, but I own it. I played the shit out of L4D1 and for some reason haven't touched 2.

Nightz

BigAT said:

Ford's actually been solid for me this year. He's been making some stops in the backfield and forced a couple of fumbles I believe.

As for my season 1 draft, only solid guy I got was Marvin Blansit in the third. Great slot receiver. Traded my 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounders away that offseason.

Striker

I'd prefer the NFLN feed, but I get ESPN so I'll stick to it, unfortunately.

EDIT

Somnia and I got D/C in the 2nd, he was up 7-zip.

Now we can't connect for some reason. EA servers screwing up? :\

DMczaf

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1085604p1.html

The ratings that affect QB Overall in Madden 11

Awareness - 17% of Overall

Agility - 10%

Stamina - 5%

Throwing Power - 23%

Toughness - 4%

Accuracy - 41%

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub

Smokey

DMczaf said:

Agility - 10%

Stamina - 5%

Throwing Power - 23%

Toughness - 4%

Accuracy - 41%

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub

Slowly, but surely!!

CB3

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub

:(

Lonestar

While I'm hoping the HB's in the drafts of Madden 11 are devalued, I'm hoping there will be a return of Bellows in there. And more Uber LB's and Safeties!

AND HAVE A REALISTIC PROGRESSION SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO HOW A PLAYER PERFORMS!

CB3

I still wont forget how DM's HB played half a game the whole season after i took him out and he went up like 3 points overall. 2 Quarters = +3 overall?

DMczaf

CB3 said:
I still wont forget how DM's HB played half a game the whole season after i took him out and he went up like 3 points overall. 2 Quarters = +3 overall?

and I took out Dawkins for half the season and his ass RETIRED! :D

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:

Agility - 10%

Stamina - 5%

Throwing Power - 23%

Toughness - 4%

Accuracy - 41%