• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
Is anybody getting Red Dead Redemption next week?

Game looks beastly and it's doing some crazy stuff on the MP side. Got mine coming from Amazon w/ release date delivery but curious if anybody else here is getting it.
Getting it for both systems, PS3 version for free cause my brother wants to play future co-op missions and he has no gaming friends in San Fran lol and hates random people so he's sending me a copy. I was of course 100% behind this idea :p

Ahhhhhh the joys of having a younger brother who you sorta still manipulate.

Getting Alan Wake as well next week and I'm tempted to get split second.

Btw for anyone who gets madden 11 for PS3 I'll be around for random games, but not league play.

Mrbob

I wish I could feel buzzed about Crackdown 2 but at the moment I am not. I will still pick the game up, although I fear its life might be short for me considering Starcraft 2 is hitting July 27.

I'm pretty sure I'll be Red Deading on 360 since I'm playing GTA4 and expansions on the PC with a wired 360 controller. Will be easy to transition controller schemes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
So who's in the posse?

Denog
Live
Smokey
Bob
Matrix
Daw
?
?

I probably will, because I'm feeling stupid, and probably going out to offer up my assWallet to MS and buy another 360. 2nd one was Used, a few years old, and no warranty. Is the Coffin/RRoD an option for me?

Striker

I thought RROD weren't costly? Also thought they extended warranties because of the amount of broken systems.

I am not sure which I'll be picking up, but hoping to get NCAA '11, and will probably grab Crackdown also. Not going to bother with Red Dead Redemption until it drops in price. Hated GTA IV's basic control scheme.

daw840

Lonestar said:
I probably will, because I'm feeling stupid, and probably going out to offer up my assWallet to MS and buy another 360. 2nd one was Used, a few years old, and no warranty. Is the Coffin/RRoD an option for me?

its definitely worth a shot. Even if you have to pay, I think it's only $100. Thats cheaper than a new 360 for sure.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hmmmm a 360 arcade unit costs 200 now and a used system cost 150. I'd just buy a new arcade and not worry about warranty shit since it would be covered.

Are refurbs covered?

Lonestar

Don't need an elite, got a 160 gig HD already, just going to bolt it on. If I buy one, I'm grabbing 1 good player from the dolphins for my trouble!!

Rorschach

BigAT said:
To be fair, you could play Ecstasy of Gold over ANYTHING and it would look amazing.
I was just about to post the exact same thing. :lol

Btw- how come shooting Mexicans and Native Americans in a game is all gravy, but shooting Africans in a game is the worst thing humanity has ever done?

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Too bad there isn't a PC version of Red Dead ready to go next week. Can't wait till the fall for this one.
Yeah, that's bullshit. Forcing people to buy inferior products if they want them now. :\

Mrbob

That multi trailer does look pretty hot. I didn't care about GTA4 multi, but this alone would sway me to play with people on 360. I need to use Gold for something besides Madden anyway!

Matrix

* looks @ 55 sec mark in vid*

Bob's the chick.

there will be no madden league on ps3 for a few reasons:

1. it would cut the league down by 50-70% in the first season alone
2. psn isn't as user friendly as XBL. very easy to contact someone on xbl and see if they're online (from your computer or the xbox)
3. psn sucks dick with their updates. i still remember ncaa dynasty "ok headed online now to play. oh wait, a system update is due, lets play in 45 minutes". fuck that. im on my 3rd xbox 360 and would rather deal with the possibility of RROD than ps3 (although i can only think of 3 instances counting lonestars that we have had a 360 RROD in 4 full seasons so take that for what it's worth)

also, wtf is DCX talking about with kelly james to the chiefs and some other guy to the falcons? i dont recall ever approving any of this stuff. care to fill me in commish?

Matrix

Not that I care since I'm sitting out of league play :( , but i thought you could check if people were online and playing on the psn on computers now.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Not that I care since I'm sitting out of league play :( , but i thought you could check if people were online and playing on the psn on computers now.
Don't try to talk sense into any of these guys. :lol Facts are not welcome here! >:|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
why would you want to check whos playing on PSN. You go on and try to play with them and your greeted by an hour of system updates

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:
That multi trailer does look pretty hot. I didn't care about GTA4 multi, but this alone would sway me to play with people on 360. I need to use Gold for something besides Madden anyway!

Seems alot more structured than GTA4 multi.

I am going to pick it up because I do want to play the single player campaign, the multi is gravy.

BTW, this Tekken movie trailer looks horrible - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWVTLLPwaQc&feature=feedrec

yeah you can check, but if i'm watching a movie i can't get messages from people. why? and why isn't there a clear list of the messages that are "sent" and "received"? it's like when i'm going through the messages there is no distinction except for the "Re: Madden" but then if there are multiple responses it's just a hassle. and i STILL don't know how to do a bulk delete of all messages from one person. and why isn't there just one menu where i can see ALL of my incoming messages instead of having to fucking click on the individuals name who sent me the message and then pull up all messages from that individual?

i know psn vs. xbl isn't like dsl vs. 56k, but you guys are insane if you think psn is anywhere NEAR as convenient as xbl.

BigAT

Matrix said:
They have that functionality on the site now, but I don't think it actually works. I've been on my PS3 with multiple friends on, gone to the friends page on my PC and it shows everyone offline. I've never actually had it show anyone as online from my PC.

DMczaf

It doesn't matter how many "BUT BUT BUT!"s you can think of, we ain't going back to PS3. I don't care what else you can think of that FMT is wrong about PS3, we ain't going back. So stfu and row!

DCX

DCX
Brady, Gonzo and others are dead...deleted, fucked, probably pull a fucking reverse Farve and decided to retire even when they signed for the year.

DCX

did either of you happen to cut any of those players BEFORE the superbowl?

p.s. there was a 5 minute gap from the time i told DM to boot you to the time you said your system was working again. i was going to sign in myself as the pats to test it out since you said your system was dead. calm down brah

Matrix

CB3 said:
why would you want to check whos playing on PSN. You go on and try to play with them and your greeted by an hour of system updates
So true Rors lol

Its only 1 hour for you people who must have shitty wi-fi connections. Never takes me that long.

Also some of you hardly use your PS3's so when you do decide to, it feels like a new update is always out. Use it more than twice a month and you don't get that feeling.

Fuck I love both my PS3 and 360, WTF is with the fanboy shit that has taken over. That hate belongs for the wii.

Lonestar

daw840 said:
HAHAHA! WHat?!?

How is what the game did causing a RROD?!? Thats fucking insane?
I'm joking on the rrod, but it makes as much sense as anything involving rrod.

Let Brady go after the draft. Right before Mayo and welker

DMczaf

Matrix said:
BUT BUT BUT!

2397968301_e5afb8c012.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Also some of you hardly use your PS3's so when you do decide to, it feels like a new update is always out. Use it more and than twice a month and you don't get that feeling.

Fuck I love both my PS3 and 360, WTF is with the fanboy shit that has taken over. That hate belongs for the wii.

I would use it more if it gave me a reason. 360 updates take like 2 seconds. Ps3 takes 20 minutes to download then another 10 minutes to install. what the fuck mayne. do it at the same time!

NXE Took like 10-15 minutes to download an install. That was a whole new fucking dashboard. any little tiny worthless update to PS3 takes double that time. It took 30 minutes just to remove the other os feature. Assholes

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
did either of you happen to cut any of those players BEFORE the superbowl?

p.s. there was a 5 minute gap from the time i told DM to boot you to the time you said your system was working again. i was going to sign in myself as the pats to test it out since you said your system was dead. calm down brah
I'm pretty sure I've lost someone completely (QB as well) and I didn't manually cut him at all. He was simply one of my bottom 7 at the time of the draft and now he's gone. GONE.

Matrix said:
So true Rors lol

Its only 1 hour for you people who must have shitty wi-fi connections. Never takes me that long.

Also some of you hardly use your PS3's so when you do decide to, it feels like a new update is always out. Use it more than twice a month and you don't get that feeling.

i have a wi-fi xbox 360 connection, why do the updates take 30-60 seconds on there?

Top Bottom