• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

levious said:
eh, I might have to pull out already, we added more humans to my other franchise and I'm not sure if I could manage that many human matchups day to day... are you still playing pheenicks?

no and i guess i should drop out :(

does anyone here plan on grabbing this for ps3 in 11...

Nightz

ph33nix said:
does anyone here plan on grabbing this for ps3 in 11...
I'm sure people will (I might double dip), but if you're gonna be looking for an online franchise with dedicated people like the 360 side, good luck. :lol

Nightz

ph33nix said:
Hey if we had a 16 player league or so I'd be fine with that. Maybe a league where we control 2 teams each :lol
I was in the PS3 league this year. We definitely had more than 16...but only 4 or 5 were active. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
I'll be picking it up for PS3 only.
Seconded.

My X360 is giving me purple flashes now. I logged on this morning and was able to connect to the EA servers, but I was greeted with the same purple flashes I started seeing last night. If this X360 dies, I am done with X360 for good.

BigAT

DCX said:
Explain.

DCX
It can change based on what position a player is playing. I was messing around with my OL depth chart today and noticed that players' AWR changed based on what position they were starting at.

As far as I knew, all attributes were static, regardless of position. Obviously, this isn't the case. I didn't test it extensively, but I think it might be limited to the offensive line.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
Seconded.

My X360 is giving me purple flashes now. I logged on this morning and was able to connect to the EA servers, but I was greeted with the same purple flashes I started seeing last night. If this X360 dies, I am done with X360 for good.

About my feelings, though I know I'll do something stupid, like get it fixed, or buy a used one. This was my 2nd one, that went out on me.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
It can change based on what position a player is playing. I was messing around with my OL depth chart today and noticed that players' AWR changed based on what position they were starting at.

As far as I knew, all attributes were static, regardless of position. Obviously, this isn't the case. I didn't test it extensively, but I think it might be limited to the offensive line.
Wow..thats really interesting..I wonder if thats true for all positions. I wonder if a lb playing de would have a decrease in awry as he has less responsibility in terms of coverage and scheme..

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
one thing that pisses me off about attributes is that drafted LBs (at least that I've seen) don't have any blocking abilities, so your punt return game really suffers if you don't keep your original LBs.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
Seconded.

We tried a ps3 . It was a horrible experience. Listen I have been through like 5 pcs in my life and if this current one fails ill get another. It's just things that get replaced.

If moving to all ps3 gaming doesn't affect u much do it. My friends have xbox. leagues lead with xbox. my system of choice. Is xbox. With that said I'm on my third xbox.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
We tried a ps3 . It was a horrible experience. Listen I have been through like 5 pcs in my life and if this current one fails ill get another. It's just things that get replaced.

If moving to all ps3 gaming doesn't affect u much do it. My friends have xbox. leagues lead with xbox. my system of choice. Is xbox. With that said I'm on my third xbox.

DCX

HA! Only your 3rd? Man, if I gave up as quickly as some people here I would have been on PS3 years ago. I think I am up to 6 or 7 now.

Lonestar

DCX said:

DCX

I didn't have a bad experience on PS3 League. It's just you.

Rorschach

levious said:
one thing that pisses me off about attributes is that drafted LBs (at least that I've seen) don't have any blocking abilities, so your punt return game really suffers if you don't keep your original LBs.
I guess that's why people rarely return kicks now. :p

DenogginizerOS

I am on my 5th!

I can play FIFA lag free with my buddy in Germany on PS3. I think PSN has improved significantly with EA. I will hang on to this X360 until the bitter end, but I really hate the thought. I know the loudest voices in this league are Xbots so I have zero expectation this will go to ps3.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
I guess that's why people rarely return kicks now. :p

Have wondered on this. Bellow's has improved in most area's from season 2 to season 4, but I found it harder and harder to get as good of returns from him in that same time frame, as I added on more fake LBs

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
A year without CB3 would be nice.

Funny, I could say the same about you.

6-50e59aa4b0e23ef9.jpg

DenogginizerOS said:
If the two versions are identical, then what is your problem with playing on PS3?

Inferior controller for Madden; the analog sticks are terrible.

Off topic:

The CPU seriously did not draft anyone for me...I think my roster was full or something.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Lonestar said:
Have wondered on this. Bellow's has improved in most area's from season 2 to season 4, but I found it harder and harder to get as good of returns from him in that same time frame, as I added on more fake LBs

you can fool with your depth chart (assuming you still have 3 real LBs) but it's annoying, like putting OLs as your back up TEs for kickoff returns purposes.

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:

Off topic:

The CPU seriously did not draft anyone for me...I think my roster was full or something.
The cpu drafted for you. It doesn't matter if your roster is full.

CB3

MWS Natural said:

Off topic:

it kicks 7 players off your team to make room for the new guys

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:

It changes for every position, except for putting a TE at WR. I experimented a bit before season 3 with Kenny Phillips at CB. I had Michael Johnson and my newly drafted rook, Davion Kelly at S and wanted to fuck around with killing receivers because of KPs high POW rating. His AWR plummeted. On the other hand, Clint Sintim's AWR jumped from LB to DE.

I mean it makes sense, why expect someone to play one position as well as another... but I still maintain that AWR is nearly meaningless.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't recall there being anything wrong with the PS3 league other than having to go a roundabout way to challenge guys to play games. IIRC we were still on leaguedaddy and had to meet up via the lobbies because there is (or was at least) no invite system like there is on the 360... maybe I'm wrong. Also, that was not a good version of Madden if memory serves. Did we even complete the season?

I'd do PS3 again but the challenge system a pain in the ass. Press start to challenge is so convenient. And yeah, the controller does suck.

I'm on my second 360. I'd still get another for Halo games. Actually has there been a decent Halo mythos game since Luke joined Bungie? Please leave. :|

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
I don't recall there being anything wrong with the PS3 league other than having to go a roundabout way to challenge guys to play games. IIRC we were still on leaguedaddy and had to meet up via the lobbies because there is (or was at least) no invite system like there is on the 360... maybe I'm wrong.

I'm on my second 360. I'd still get another for Halo games. Actually has there been a decent Halo mythos game since Luke joined Bungie? Please leave. :|
I am pretty sure most EA games now utilize a pseudo-form of cross-game invites. I know that a person in BFBC2 on PS3 can invite someone to play with them who is playing something other than BC2. And yes, we were still using leaguedaddy.

We could easily set up a Madden Chatroom on PSN to keep tabs on everything. That works well with other games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
I am pretty sure most EA games now utilize a pseudo-form of cross-game invites. I know that a person in BFBC2 on PS3 can invite someone to play with them who is playing something other than BC2. And yes, we were still using leaguedaddy.

We could easily set up a Madden Chatroom on PSN to keep tabs on everything. That works well with other games.
That's the issue though, why do we have to do anything extra when its so simple on 360?! :|

LiveWire

Not only is the way of inviting players to games messed up on PS3 (the XMB is literally the worst thing ever), but just playing games on the PS3 was an issue in Madden 09. I only successfully played 3 games that season, everything else was disconnected. NCAA 10 this year was the same way for me, and I had to drop out of Q's league.

360 4 life.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Not only is the way of inviting players to games messed up on PS3 (the XMB is literally the worst thing ever), but just playing games on the PS3 was an issue in Madden 09. I only successfully played 3 games that season, everything else was disconnected. NCAA 10 this year was the same way for me, and I had to drop out of Q's league.

360 4 life.

Exactly.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
That's the issue though, why do we have to do anything extra when its so simple on 360?! :|
You don't have to do anything extra. And you didn't have to go into lobbies to challenge someone. Not that I'm trying to convince you guys to go PS3. I know that shit ain't gonna happen (since the commishes are xbots). Just getting the facts straight.

Rorschach said:
You don't have to do anything extra. And you didn't have to go into lobbies to challenge someone. Not that I'm trying to convince you guys to go PS3. I know that shit ain't gonna happen (since the commishes are xbots). Just getting the facts straight.

We can have our own league. We don't need these naysayers.

Rorschach

ph33nix said:
We can have our own league. We don't need these naysayers.
PS3 league would be 12 players at most. If people are complaining about cpu games now, then PS3 league wouldn't even get off the ground. I'm just getting it to play people on my friends list (and maybe one season of offline franchise if the game is good). I don't think there will be a league.

Top Bottom