• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Denog, I'm beginning to question your loyalty to the family.

tonysoprano.jpg

Rorschach said:
PS3 league would be 12 players at most. If people are complaining about cpu games now, then PS3 league wouldn't even get off the ground. I'm just getting it to play people on my friends list (and maybe one season of offline franchise if the game is good). I don't think there will be a league.

It would be oh so nice if they could allow you to have smaller leagues with customized divisions or something.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
You don't have to do anything extra. And you didn't have to go into lobbies to challenge someone. Not that I'm trying to convince you guys to go PS3. I know that shit ain't gonna happen (since the commishes are xbots). Just getting the facts straight.
Stop complaining about me and go after CB or Live who are actually trashing it. I did say I was probably wrong. :|

I'd prefer to go PS3 if only so I don't have to endure the fucking jet engine in my living room (cooling system for 360). Now that Live mentions it I do remember more lag than on the 360 version. (Also I need to give Rors something to respond to, so there ya go)

daw840

Hey now, I don't even freakin own a PS3. So, no go on the Madden leagues for me if it switches. I think my wife might be just a wee bit ticked if I bought ANOTHER gaming system.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Don't worry guys, we're not going anywhere. Rors doesn't even play his PS3!
I don't play it much. I don't play the 360 much either. They're both trash. The only reason I play 360 is for the Madden league and the only reason I play PS3 is for the MLB league. If both leagues failed, I probably wouldn't turn either on (except for blu rays).

Not my fault you feel the need to align yourself to a system. So childish.

[edit]I will say, though, that the sticks on the 360 controller are probably gonna be better this upcoming year for the HB movements on the right stick because of the precision.

BigAT

Wellington said:
It changes for every position, except for putting a TE at WR. I experimented a bit before season 3 with Kenny Phillips at CB. I had Michael Johnson and my newly drafted rook, Davion Kelly at S and wanted to fuck around with killing receivers because of KPs high POW rating. His AWR plummeted. On the other hand, Clint Sintim's AWR jumped from LB to DE.

I mean it makes sense, why expect someone to play one position as well as another... but I still maintain that AWR is nearly meaningless.
There's definitely other positions where it doesn't change. OLB->DE, DE->DT (thankfully, I'm still annoyed that all 337 pounds of BJ Raji got classified as an LE).

daw840 said:
Hey now, I don't even freakin own a PS3. So, no go on the Madden leagues for me if it switches. I think my wife might be just a wee bit ticked if I bought ANOTHER gaming system.
Birdman02 said:
Same here.

That's why you sell your 360 for a ps3 and a wii combo. like i did.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
That's why you sell your 360 for a ps3 and a wii combo. like i did.

the pheeniks (10:40:00 AM): fucking terrible
the pheeniks (10:40:03 AM): everything is going south
the pheeniks (10:40:08 AM): i just got offered a 325 dollar gig
the pheeniks (10:40:17 AM): i guess that could pay for an xbox

Smokey

CB3 said:
the pheeniks (10:40:00 AM): fucking terrible
the pheeniks (10:40:03 AM): everything is going south
the pheeniks (10:40:08 AM): i just got offered a 325 dollar gig
the pheeniks (10:40:17 AM): i guess that could pay for an xbox

:lol

BigAT

Nightz said:
I guarantee that your Wii will be collecting dust in 2 months, if not sooner.
I love Nintendo enough to have gotten a Wii on launch day, and I can't disagree with this statement even a little.

Smokey

Is anybody getting Red Dead Redemption next week?

Game looks beastly and it's doing some crazy stuff on the MP side. Got mine coming from Amazon w/ release date delivery but curious if anybody else here is getting it.

daw840

Smokey said:

Game looks beastly and it's doing some crazy stuff on the MP side. Got mine coming from Amazon w/ release date delivery but curious if anybody else here is getting it.

Damn, with so many games to get I don't know if that one is going to make the cut. I have to get Skate 3 this weekend (shits awesome), Crackdown 2 is coming soon, and there are a couple others that I just can't fucking think of right now....damn

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:

I might, but guess which system I'm getting it for!!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Smokey said:

I have it reserved for both systems. As a huge fan of westerns, it is easily one of my more anticipated games of this generation.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Damn, with so many games to get I don't know if that one is going to make the cut. I have to get Skate 3 this weekend (shits awesome), Crackdown 2 is coming soon, and there are a couple others that I just can't fucking think of right now....damn

Crackdown not until July, but I agree. That game is gonna shut summer down. 4 player co-op this time too psh. You should at least rent RDR. It would be amazing if we had a 7-8 player Madden-Age posse just roaming around tearin shit up against other gangs:lol

Lonestar said:
I might, but guess which system I'm getting it for!!

i'm sorry:lol

DenogginizerOS said:
I have it reserved for both systems. As a huge fan of westerns, it is easily one of my more anticipated games of this generation.

It does look really good. All the shit you can do in MP is crazy too. Never really paid too much attention to Western material but this game has been on my radar ever since they released the first trailer.

ph33nix said:
I'll just collect one mario galaxy 2 star a day. That will last me for the next 4 months!

You should play 2k on the Wii. Then get back to me with the lolz.

all the skates always sound cool but i always pick it up and get frustrated. i think i'd rather just play tony hawk where i flip up in there, press random shit, and look good doing it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Holy shit. If that's possible I will be buying this day one.

Might even forego Skate 3 to do it....

It's possible for sure. Open world riding through the west killing everyone in sight, hunting, etc.

I am getting this one for sure on 360.

daw840

ph33nix said:
all the skates always sound cool but i always pick it up and get frustrated. i think i'd rather just play tony hawk where i flip up in there, press random shit, and look good doing it.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but I love skating games. I was a MASTER at THPS the original. No one ever beat my score on The School. 1.1 million!

CB3

I dont get it. Whats supposed to be awesome about this game. I havent been following other than its a sequel to Red Dead Revolver.

DenogginizerOS

CB3 said:
I dont get it. Whats supposed to be awesome about this game. I havent been following other than its a sequel to Red Dead Revolver.
You get to roam around the old west as it transitions from a world of outlaws to one with modern advancements as well as a more hostile border with Mexico. And oh yeah, you get to shoot people, hunt animals, form online gangs and get in shootouts in ghost towns, you can take on small jobs, rob stagecoaches, hunt down and kill (or not) wanted villains; etc.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:

DenogginizerOS said:
You get to roam around the old west as it transitions from a world of outlaws to one with modern advancements as well as a more hostile border with Mexico. And oh yeah, you get to shoot people, hunt animals, form online gangs and get in shootouts in ghost towns, you can take on small jobs, rob stagecoaches, hunt down and kill (or not) wanted villains; etc.

eastwoodfa4-1.jpg

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
Did you take that picture or did FMT?

DenogginizerOS said:

I haven't even played the game yet and I already know CB will betray our gang and shoot us all in the back.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:

I haven't even played the game yet and I already know CB will betray our gang and shoot us all in the back.
Yup. He will be the child in the posse that will play with his lasso by himself and will occasionally blurt out, "Guys! GUYS! Let's go THIS way, not THAT way!!!"

CB3

DenogginizerOS said:
Yup. He will be the child in the posse that will play with his lasso by himself and will occasionally blurt out, "Guys! GUYS! Let's go THIS way, not THAT way!!!"

Wrong

Right

Top Bottom