• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Thanks for the kind words of support. Time is not the issue. I am still going to buy the game, and I am sure the itch will arrive, but I am still feeling the I'll effects of Madden 10 and, more importantly, I am not satisfied with what I am able to achieve. I would hate to start the league and then feel like I do now. I never was elite, but I feel my ability to be competitive has fallen off. Perhaps it will be better, but at this point, I am uncertain. Scrims early on after release will be a good indicator.

Perhaps I should just stay away from football games until August...
The last Madden I played was on the Wii, dude. The Wii.

denogg ill keep you on as the jets for madden until after the game is released. if you still don't want to play then i understand but i honestly think you will regret it come late august.

this situation brings up a good point about league play. you're going to get beat. sometimes you're going to get the shit kicked out of you. there are some really good players in the league and it sometimes takes a "perfect game" to beat them. so if you can't handle losing here and there then you should stick to single player franchise.

going up against guys like LJ, rors, wellington, etc. is why i play. you can't get that kind of excitement against the computer and if you were just steamrolling a bunch of human opponents with no opposition it wouldn't be fun either.

DCX said:

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Let me sleep on it for a while.

Losing I can handle. Living up to my own expectations is the key. It isn't about rage quitting as much as knowing I have a shot to get better. Right now, I feel like I am going backwards as far as getting better.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DenogginizerOS said:

Losing I can handle. Living up to my own expectations is the key. It isn't about rage quitting as much as knowing I have a shot to get better. Right now, I feel like I am going backwards as far as getting better.

I have those feelings every season. Every season I'm a little worse at the game. I think aging is having something to do with it and the fact I don't have the desire to really practice at getting better.

I have come the conclusion that I will never win a super bowl or at this point make the playoffs and basically have stayed around for fun, drama and to take my mind off of some of my real world problems.

Somnia

DenogginizerOS said:

I went from a winning playoff bound season to pure shit so I know the feeling man, but I say stick around till after the game is released and then if you still feel like not playing then go ahead and step away from it, but I think if you step away now you'll regret it come August if you really end up wanting to play.

Ramirez

You should play in the first season at least, I always have fun, win or lose in the first season or two, the game only becomes a chore when everyone learns all of the tricks. :p

LJ11

Matrix said:
I have those feelings every season. Every season I'm a little worse at the game. I think aging is having something to do with it and the fact I don't have the desire to really practice at getting better.

I have come the conclusion that I will never win a super bowl or at this point make the playoffs and basically have stayed around for fun, drama and to take my mind off of some of my real world problems.

Many of us feel that way. Truthfully, '10 burned me out. I was at the point where I felt like never picking up the game again. Usually most leagues are done after Jan and you don't pick it back up until the following year, but this one kept going and going.

The thing that keeps most guys coming back, well I probably shouldn't speak for everyone but it applies to me anyway, is the lure of that back and forth slug fest. You appreciate those games, and bide time until the next one.

Edit: Didn't see FMT's post.

One more thing, out of all the games I played last season, I think I remember the events of about 8 or so games, and all but two or three are probably losses. LJ running crazy on me being one of them, I could not stop the fucking run in that game to save my life.

Edit 2: Now I just remembered the Ramirez game too. Unfuckingbelievable, nothing I did worked.

Rorschach

Damn. LJ just pulled the Bison on us. You only remember the losses because they were so rare! The wins all ran together. For us, it was the worst day of our Madden careers. For LJ, it was just Tuesday.

My two most memorable games were barely wins. :D The FLuke game and DHB's revenge on FMT. Suck it, English!

FMT: do you still have the career records for Madden? :( 49ers-age.com is dead!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Damn. LJ just pulled the Bison on us. You only remember the losses because they were so rare! The wins all ran together. For us, it was the worst day of our Madden careers. For LJ, it was just Tuesday.

My two most memorable games were barely wins. :D The FLuke game and DHB's revenge on FMT. Suck it, English!

God that game we played in the AFC Championship was my favorite game of Madden ever. And I think I squeaked out a win against LJ on 5 field goals in the game before to get there.

Rorschach said:

Player - Overall Record - Playoff Record - Superbowl Record - Division Titles

IceDragon 13-3 0-1 0-0 - 1
FMT 110-40, 13-6, 3-1, 6
Ramirez 56-32 - 3-4 - 0-1 - 1
Malley 37-24 - 4-3 - 1-0 - 2
DMczaf 116-46 10-9 1-1 8
Sickboy 30-18 2-2 - 0-1 - 1
CK 95-52 11-6 - 2-2 - 7
Gunstar 46-33 4-3 0-1 - 1
Fifty 48-47 1-2 0-0 - 2
Lonestar 49-30 2-4 0-0 1
Andokuky 64-36 7-5 0-0 4
NewsGuy 9-7
Cerebral Palsy 9-13 0-1 0-0
ColdBlooded 38-30 3-3 0-1
Archaix 18-14 0-1 0-0
MrBob 80-59 4-3 1-0 1
Drey 17-15 0-0 0-0 0
Slo 37-36 0-2 0-0 1
AZ Greg 11-21 2-1 0-0 0
DJ Tet 8-8 0-0 0-0 0
Jobber 5-5 2-1 0-1 1
BirdBomb 15-17
Hitokage 11-21
Miguel 14-18 0-1 0-0
Wasabi 14-18 0-1, 0-0, 1
CubanB 7-9 0
Matrix 40-64 0-2 0-0 2
DSkillz 25-36 0-1 0-0 0
Rors 61-56 4-2 1-0 0
Konex 19-20 0-0 0-0
Maverick 6-20 0-1 0-0, 1
Truelize 17-61 1-1 0-0, 0
JayFro 4-12
DCX 21-27 1-1 0-0
Archaix II 4-12
HGPlayer 15-47
DJDemon 19-60 0-1 0-0 0
King Vitamin 3-13
Sinistar 3-13
Bog 0-16 0-0 0-0 0
ayo jube 8 8, 0-1, 0-0, 0
LJ11 17-7, 0-0, 0-0, 0
TJ Denogginizer 15-21, 0-0, 0-0, 0
daw840 10-18, 0-1, 0-0, 0
birdman - 10-6, 4-0, 1-0, 0
lukems 16-10, 0-1, 0-0, 1
bluemax 20-17, 0-1, 0-0, 0
Shawnwhann 45-16, 8-3, 1-0, 2
sableholic 19-10, 0-1, 0-0, 0
ChrisJames 10-16, 0-1, 0-0, 0
dammitmattt 15-12, 2-1, 0-0, 0
vumpler - 36-20, 2-1, 0-1, 0
AirBrian 10 6, 0-0, 0-0, 0
Striker 12-15, 0-0, 0-0, 0

i believe that's updated through madden '08, but nothing more!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
That sucks that we missed 09, but I think I have the leaguedaddy stuff somewhere. I also saved the standings for the franchise this year. I'll try to update it tomorrow.

Man, I started out so shitty in this league. I remember those 2 5 win seasons. :( It also didn't help that FMT rigged it so I was always in a division with the baddest mofos around! >:|

LukeSmith said:
God that game we played in the AFC Championship was my favorite game of Madden ever. And I think I squeaked out a win against LJ on 5 field goals in the game before to get there.
It's funny because it was probably the best game of Madden 10 up until that point and then I play an even crazier and more dramatic game right after. :lol

[edit]
FMT 110-40, 13-6, 3-1, 6
E-leet! 3-1? Wonder who that 1 is!
lvEyC.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My record is beyond awful cause I was using the worst team* in football for years!

*my awesome excuse

Matrix

LJ11 said:
LJ running crazy on me being one of them, I could not stop the fucking run in that game to save my life.

Edit 2: Now I just remembered the Ramirez game too. Unfuckingbelievable, nothing I did worked.

:D

One of my best games, wish I could play like that more often.

LJ11

Rorschach said:

:lol

Nah, it's not like that. The losses were awesome, and not because they were rare either. Hard to describe.

Ramirez/AirBrian/Matrix destroying me with the run, absolutely crushing me with it. Losing in the playoffs on multiple occasions, thinking I had it in the bag only to blow it.

I remember the losses because I tend to always remember the bad never the good, it's how I'm wired.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
:lol

Nah, it's not like that. The losses were awesome, and not because they were rare either. Hard to describe.

Ramirez/AirBrian/Matrix destroying me with the run, absolutely crushing me with it. Losing in the playoffs on multiple occasions, thinking I had it in the bag only to blow it.

I remember the losses because I tend to always remember the bad never the good, it's how I'm wired.
I'm just joking. :p

I remember some tough losses too.

-My loss to LJ in the playoffs on a phantom PI call!
-My loss to matrix on a no-huddle glitch!
-My loss to Lonestar where I passed it for some odd reason in FG range during over time!
-My loss to FMT where a rookie Jack English threw the ball at the last minute THROUGH Nnamdi Asomugha for the win. He got revenge in the SB, though!
-My loss to CB where 2 guys dropped the onside kick (Andre Johnson and Louis Murphy)

etc

Matrix

You deserved to lose Rors, you can't win them all! Glitch or not :D with your super skillz you should have blown me out.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
You deserved to lose Rors, you can't win them all! Glitch or not :D
In that same game, JRuss threw 2 INTs that were WAY over where I wanted them and 1 where DHB didn't react to the ball.

And let's not forget... this was the second playthrough because we got disconnected the first time and that first game was a blowout! EA really hated JRuss that year. He would always have an awesome game and then it would get disconnected. The second game would be a disaster. Or his stats would get erased if I actually completed a good game.

Matrix

I can't remember anything, but the sweet taste of victory.

Rorschach said:
I'm just joking. :p

I remember some tough losses too.

-My loss to LJ in the playoffs on a phantom PI call!
-My loss to matrix on a no-huddle glitch!
-My loss to Lonestar where I passed it for some odd reason in FG range during over time!
-My loss to FMT where a rookie Jack English threw the ball at the last minute THROUGH Nnamdi Asomugha for the win. He got revenge in the SB, though!
-My loss to CB where 2 guys dropped the onside kick (Andre Johnson and Louis Murphy)

etc

Take me
to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change.....

i love you jack!

Ramirez

LJ11 said:

Man, that game was so good. I can do stuff like that in the regular season, but always choke on Rors dong in the playoffs. :(

I'll never forget Luke's 12+ completions to that garbage fantasy back he had either, next closest WR had like 2 catches, PLUS I stopped the dude on the last play of the game at the GL, but the game gives him the win.

Somnia said:
I just remember Megatron stealing an int away from me and taking away my chance of finally beating CK... =(

that was karma for ken hamlins "game of the millenium" where he caused like fucking 4 FF's. biggest bullshit i saw in all 5 seasons!

Ramirez

I'm also pretty sure I gave MrBob is only SB win, gross. I can't even remember how I got there, I was notorious for going like 10-0 to begin the season and then slowly unravel into the playoffs. :lol

Rors has made me rage quit in the playoffs at least twice, I think our last meeting ended in him being up by like 30 in the first quarter. :lol

Matrix

"I'm also pretty sure I gave MrBob is only SB win, gross."

ostrich-large.jpg

embarrassing

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that was karma for ken hamlins "game of the millenium" where he caused like fucking 4 FF's. biggest bullshit i saw in all 5 seasons!

What about the time I killed the entire Lions team?

Ramirez

Matrix said:
"I'm also pretty sure I gave MrBob is only SB win, gross."

ostrich-large.jpg

embarrassing

Matrix 40-64 0-2 0-0 2

At least I've been to the dance! :D

I'm pretty sure that's the year he abused the CB blitz like nobodies business. :lol ;)

Matrix

I had the Texans! what do you people want from me, I'm no miracle worker :(

Matrix

56K makes me feel old. I can't believe we played on that shit to start with.

Somnia

Ah the joys of playing team fortress on quake 1 on 56k :lol I'd shoot myself in the head if I had to play a game online with 56k again.

Mrbob

I object to having Miguel in the division...he always seems to beat me!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
denogg ill keep you on as the jets for madden until after the game is released. if you still don't want to play then i understand but i honestly think you will regret it come late august.

this situation brings up a good point about league play. you're going to get beat. sometimes you're going to get the shit kicked out of you. there are some really good players in the league and it sometimes takes a "perfect game" to beat them. so if you can't handle losing here and there then you should stick to single player franchise.

going up against guys like LJ, rors, wellington, etc. is why i play. you can't get that kind of excitement against the computer and if you were just steamrolling a bunch of human opponents with no opposition it wouldn't be fun either.

Better start practicing, because in Madden 11 I'm coming for you! You got nothing left without English! Nothing!

Matrix

Hey Bob, want to play me in Show? We haven't played this year.

Matrix

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Madden 09- 7-9, 8-8, 7-9
Madden 10- 10-6, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, 11-5

89-87 3-3 0-0 through 10

DCX

Top Bottom