• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

daw840

My biggest complaint with the no huddle last year was how horribly it would drain the stamina of your players. It was absolutely ridiculous.

BigAT

daw840 said:
My biggest complaint with the no huddle last year was how horribly it would drain the stamina of your players. It was absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, if you ran no huddle for an entire drive the skill players involved became basically unusable for the rest of the game.

daw840

BigAT said:
Yeah, if you ran no huddle for an entire drive the skill players involved became basically unusable for the rest of the game.

I know, right! Even if you let the play clock run almost all the way down (which would be the same fucking amount of time if you huddled) they still were almost dead 3-4 plays into a no huddle.

Rorschach

That's because there's no muddle-huddle! Also, the no-huddle caused the players to run back to the line instead of walking/jogging to the line. The only ones that would get dog tired were the WRs, though. The TEs, OL, and QB were fine.

daw840

Rorschach said:
That's because there's no muddle-huddle! Also, the no-huddle caused the players to run back to the line instead of walking/jogging to the line. The only ones that would get dog tired were the WRs, though. The TEs, OL, and QB were fine.

IDK, when I would try to run no-huddle at the end of the game by probably 6-7 plays in my OL was always past the red and into the white. Which I assume means they are about to have a stroke.....

LJ11

Lonestar said:
What's bad about them? Besides how to select them in game. The actual amount of plays and different styles is great. The rotating screen calling function is not.

I have no problem at all with the playbooks, absolutely love the variety. I'm sure some people prefer the pro game, don't really care about running options, and may take issue with what the "pro" playbooks offer in terms of content.

I've fooled around with 3 different spread books, Oregon/ND/Florida, and each one has it's own wrinkle. Love the wildcat out of Oregon.

They also have some nice variety in defensive looks. I like the 4-2-5 package, that's something the Bills ran a shit ton last season but wasn't in Madden.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Shit...is the wildcat even in Madden?

in 10, Miami had the largest amount of plays in the wildcat, but a few other teams had a formation of it, though with only 3 plays. Miami's had 7-10 plays.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
IDK, when I would try to run no-huddle at the end of the game by probably 6-7 plays in my OL was always past the red and into the white. Which I assume means they are about to have a stroke.....
Tell them to lose some weight! There is a stamina rating, so I guess that's part of the issue. This is why no-huddle and zone teams prefer smaller, more athletic OL.

eznark

Banned
Picked up the new 360 today. 20 for a damn transfer cable. Highway robbery. Anyway Sanj, its going to be all option all the time against your slow ass defense. You can design your own plays in Madden this year, right? (The last Madden I bought was on the Wii).

Rorschach

eznark said:
Picked up the new 360 today. 20 for a damn transfer cable. Highway robbery. Anyway Sanj, its going to be all option all the time against your slow ass defense. You can design your own plays in Madden this year, right? (The last Madden I bought was on the Wii).
No, you can't, thank heavens.

Sanjuro

Well I don't know which defense I will have, Ill figure it out soon. Either way I will be a punching bag this season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Then we just use it for real NFL players, and not the Madden rookies.

As for starting the league, we should probably start the Wednesday after Labor Day Weekend (September 9th)? Rosters will be final, the real NFL starts the next day. I'm assuming EA would have the opening day rosters update out then...
Sweet. Tom Brady for Adam Koets. I'm losing value on this deal too but I am a charitable guy.

Similarly, I got dibs on Jamarcus Russell via FA. FMT, try to contain yourself, but I am offering Russell, a #1 pick for Patrick Willis who went much later.

Lastly, Bradshaw is up for grabs. He was a seventh rounder so I'll take a couple of helmets as compensation.

This draft point system is awesome.

Wellington said:
Sweet. Tom Brady for Adam Koets. I'm losing value on this deal too but I am a charitable guy.

Similarly, I got dibs on Jamarcus Russell via FA. FMT, try to contain yourself, but I am offering Russell, a #1 pick for Patrick Willis who went much later.

Lastly, Bradshaw is up for grabs. He was a seventh rounder so I'll take a couple of helmets as compensation.

let me give you pwill, my next 4 firsts, and crabcakes just to make things fair

Rorschach

I'm still wondering if JRuss will be in the FA list since he might be in jail or awaiting trial.

I wish OF had contracts. I was messing around with offline franchise and I only had a mil of cap space. So, I extend some contracts, release a few people, do some trades, up some bonuses... and BAM 30 mil of cap space even with some new signings. :lol

All those fat ass contracts that the 10 rosters have because of Al. -_- Javon Walker, Gerard Warren, Tommy Kelly, Cooper Carlisle, Justin Fargas, Jamarcus Russell, etc. Warren was one of the highest paid and only rated in the 60s. -_-

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Whatever smartass, not their original draft round but their current value, i.e. players OVR 95-99 are worth a top 5 pick, 90-94 worth a 6-10 pick, etc etc.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
You'd have to be some sorta Mora(n) to try to run the option in the NFL anyway.

Didn't the Falcons playbook have some form of option a few years back? I know it had a couple of full house back field type deals.

I hated when they took the ability to hand off to the motion man on jetsweeps out of the Wildcat. What's the point of having a read option type play if I can't actually option?

Rorschach said:
I think it's ridiculous to be playing for multiple teams. Pick a team and play for it. If you lose, then you get leftovers. If you don't want to risk that, then pick another team.

[edit] The trade talks before the game is even released are ridiculous too. Do you guys have no attachment to your teams? :| I could understand guys that are playing with other teams, but how the hell are "hardcore" fans so eager to get rid of the players they're supposed to love?

This is why I traded no one last year! Honestly my trade proposal was largely a joke, although it was semi logical from a roster construction stand point.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Didn't the Falcons playbook have some form of option a few years back? I know it had a couple of full house back field type deals.
It wasn't fully fleshed out. They had like 2 or 3 plays. They still do because the books don't change that much from year to year. Can't imagine Ryan running it...

In real life, though, they did experiment with it under the Jim Mora Jr regime (hence mah joke!), but the year after that he was booted and they lost Vick anyway.

I hated when they took the ability to hand off to the motion man on jetsweeps out of the Wildcat. What's the point of having a read option type play if I can't actually option?
You can. You have to press A.

eznark said:
I bet Javon Walker has an awesome swagger rating. He is the original Brandon Marshall.
Wish I had him when Tiburon thought he was the greatest WR of all time. He would have been worth the money.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
It wasn't fully fleshed out. They had like 2 or 3 plays. They still do because the books don't change that much from year to year. Can't imagine Ryan running it...

In real life, though, they did experiment with it under the Jim Mora Jr regime (hence mah joke!), but the year after that he was booted and they lost Vick anyway.

You can. You have to press A.

Wish I had him when Tiburon thought he was the greatest WR of all time. He would have been worth the money.

I swear they took the hand off out. Or they changed it from how it works in NCAA. I ran it in some practices and did it exactly the same as I would in NCAA and it never worked. No biggie it wasn't ever a part of my offense and probably won't be this year either.

LukeSmith said:
Aaron Rodgers and your first for Manning

Game is probably already gold :-|

Ian is touring the West Coast this week, I'm guessing most of the staff is on vacation and only a few dudes (re: Engineers) are still around working on the first patch.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
nWo.gif

This goes out to you friend. You know who you are.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1106830p1.html

Video rating break down by Donny of the NFC East and West. Notices how he says some guys will progress well in franchises. Pre-determined progression confirmed total. He also spends good time on SPD ratings, I thought they were so unimportant? :|
He says that about the rookie. Of course he's going to go up. He has A potential, I bet. The one that bothers me is predicting someone going up with roster updates... no wonder some players go up and down randomly! :p

btw- the player ratings on IGN are WAY more complete than ESPN. :O Thanks for the link!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
He says that about the rookie. Of course he's going to go up. He has A potential, I bet. The one that bothers me is predicting someone going up with roster updates... no wonder some players go up and down randomly! :p

btw- the player ratings on IGN are WAY more complete than ESPN. :O Thanks for the link!
Yeah dude. I don't understand how EA had CB ratings with not MCV or ZCV.

To that end, what the FUCK are they thinking with Terrell Thomas' ratings?!? He was one of the best CBs in the NFC last season. Donnie is getting an email tomorrow morning. Not even an email, a dissertation. I still have some Giants games on my DVR, I will be citing examples. >:|

Wellington said:
Yeah dude. I don't understand how EA had CB ratings with not MCV or ZCV.

To that end, what the FUCK are they thinking with Terrell Thomas' ratings?!? He was one of the best CBs in the NFC last season. Donnie is getting an email tomorrow morning. Not even an email, a dissertation. I still have some Giants games on my DVR, I will be citing examples. >:|

:lol

at least they bumped up shawnte spencer. last season he was rated a 67.... now he's up to an 81. he is actually a good CB. shut down larry fitzgerald TWICE last year!

i honestly can't complain much about our ratings, he's pretty spot on with them. aside from VD, frank the tank, pwill, justin smith, and franklin we don't have much in the way of high performers.

oh and andy lee. bay area has a monopoly on good punters!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
There comes a time when a person has to accept the truth and that time is now. I truly am nowhere close to the quality of player that deserves to be in this league. I wish I were able to be more competitive but I simply can't seem to find the answer to how to achieve that. Therefore, I humbly give up the Jets to someone who is able to match the quality of play so many of you exhibit on a consistent basis. I appreciate all the good memories and wish you all the very best in seasons to come. I will not be participating in any more leagues from here on out. Best of luck and thanks again.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
There comes a time when a person has to accept the truth and that time is now. I truly am nowhere close to the quality of player that deserves to be in this league. I wish I were able to be more competitive but I simply can't seem to find the answer to how to achieve that. Therefore, I humbly give up the Jets to someone who is able to match the quality of play so many of you exhibit on a consistent basis. I appreciate all the good memories and wish you all the very best in seasons to come. I will not be participating in any more leagues from here on out. Best of luck and thanks again.
Joke post? None of us are in the same league as Rors or LJ, but we don't give up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Denogg, I stink and have for years and keep playing. I can understand quitting that NCAA league cause it's full of just top teams. You shouldn't quit the Madden league, like Ck said we only have a couple of players that are leagues better than the majority.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Joke post? None of us are in the same league as Rors or LJ, but we don't give up.
:lol Shut up!

I bet Luke has something to do with this! That lovable scamp!

Denogginizer: if you have fun in these leagues and have the time for them, then stay. We're not holding some sort of skills test to stay in the league or something. We can't all be as elite as Luke. If it's a time thing, then I understand. Sad to see you go!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah Nog stick around! I haven't played in months and I'm sure when the game comes out 99% of my games will be scrims and league games. I also vow never to hit the practice field or explore playbooks.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Thanks for the kind words of support. Time is not the issue. I am still going to buy the game, and I am sure the itch will arrive, but I am still feeling the I'll effects of Madden 10 and, more importantly, I am not satisfied with what I am able to achieve. I would hate to start the league and then feel like I do now. I never was elite, but I feel my ability to be competitive has fallen off. Perhaps it will be better, but at this point, I am uncertain. Scrims early on after release will be a good indicator.

Perhaps I should just stay away from football games until August...

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:
It hurts my heart a little to hear you say that.
I'm trying to go cold turkey but I keep checking both of the NCAA threads as soon as a new post comes up. I'll come back when both of the GAF leagues can play in one dynasty. So, hopefully next year I can make the DePaul Blue Demons a contender. :D

Top Bottom