• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
The thing that keeps most guys coming back, well I probably shouldn't speak for everyone but it applies to me anyway, is the lure of that back and forth slug fest. You appreciate those games, and bide time until the next one.
Yes exactly.

There were maybe 3-4 games I remember as chess matches from start to finish.

-Season 1 against Shawn (Come back Shawn.... come baaaaaack)
-Season 1 against Rors (That he lost due to lag on a game winning FG)
-Season 2 against Luke (He lost Mack in the fourth which finally opened things up for me)
-Season 3 against LJ

Of course, I enjoyed every game I got to play, except for the one that made me break two controllers.

I would really love it if everyone got to the same level of competition. I don't understand guys that won't openly talk about strategy, in the end it just makes games a lot more fun.

Also, damn I was pretty good from '08 back, and I know I had at least a 4-12 seasons when I started and had Dirt Warner with the worst OL I've ever had to use. I've gotten way worse on the sticks in my old age. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The chess match is absolutely what draws me back. I think LJ nailed it as far as how I feel right now: I got burned out on Madden and football with Madden '10. The allure of the new NCAA with its plush feature set seduced me, and I am kicking myself for not listening to MrBob and Rors. But I am enjoying playing NCAA with my buddy locally and he and I are playing on the same team and having some laughs playing the CPU.

I would say that after sleeping on it, I will give at least one season of Madden '11 a try. As a few of you have said already, I know I will regret it otherwise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
dskillzhtown said:
Wait. Didn't I beat FMT for a Super Bowl win on PS2 or am I imagining things?

I think you did, but old age is affecting all of our memories.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Been going through the mega-thread. I'll just post highlights as I come across them. Remember this doozy?:lol

7216_1156547786143_1001187453_30409935_3610051_n.jpg

(WTF, the URL is from facebook?)

DCX

DCX
I took a picture of my drawing and posted it on my facebook act. If u look at my pics on there its in one of the folders. L running amongst other shady things he did on the field and his sportsmanship would lead me to assume he is in the ando / vumpler class of douchebags.

DCX

Rorschach

Call me stupid, but I still don't understand what "L running" is. Even with the accompanying picture. :\

And, IIRC, Shawn was pissed because DCX was giving away "strategy." So, I guess there is something to it, but I really don't get it.

daw840

Rorschach said:
Call me stupid, but I still don't understand what "L running" is. Even with the accompanying picture. :\

Yeah, it seems like a normal running pattern. Lateral to the LOS then cut vertical when there is a hole...

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Yeah, it seems like a normal running pattern. Lateral to the LOS then cut vertical when there is a hole...
Youd think. On dives..counters or off tackle plays he would resort to this...it would mess up the lb pursuit as they would take the straight line down rather than cut him off at the elbow of the L or meet him towards the top of the L. He was mad cuase its an ai exploit..prepatch. I exposed it.

DCX

AirBrian

Rorschach said:

And, IIRC, Shawn was pissed because DCX was giving away "strategy." So, I guess there is something to it, but I really don't get it.
It mainly affected the LBs IIRC. But still, that was some classic meltdown material from Shawn. :lol

daw840

AirBrian said:
It mainly affected the LBs IIRC. But still, that was some classic meltdown material from Shawn. :lol

Damn it. I think I was banned then. Someone link me to that page! I want to read this shit.

AirBrian said:

I didn't even have an opinion of the guy, good or bad, until that meltdown. True internet tough guy!

Rorschach

DCX said:
Youd think. On dives..counters or off tackle plays he would resort to this...it would mess up the lb pursuit as they would take the straight line down rather than cut him off at the elbow of the L or meet him towards the top of the L. He was mad cuase its an ai exploit..prepatch. I exposed it.

DCX
Oh. I forgot we had a patch that fixed LB pursuit. I never had a chance to see it pre-patch.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Yes exactly.

There were maybe 3-4 games I remember as chess matches from start to finish.

-Season 2 against Luke (He lost Mack in the fourth which finally opened things up for me)

You scored 22 points in the 4th quarter in that game to come back. It was pretty epic. That whole game was a chess match. Loved it.

Games that immediately come to mind for me:
  • Every game against LJ (from the Peyton Manning 6 pick blow up in the playoffs, to the Curtis Painter 4 TD pass explosion)
  • The Comeback (Wellie)
  • Birdles beating me at the buzzer
  • Ramirez Revenge Game (beating him at the buzzer with Girley after his auto win team cheated their way throughout the first half)
  • The AFC Championship against Rors

LukeSmith said:
You scored 22 points in the 4th quarter in that game to come back. It was pretty epic. That whole game was a chess match. Loved it.

Games that immediately come to mind for me:
  • Every game against LJ (from the Peyton Manning 6 pick blow up in the playoffs, to the Curtis Painter 4 TD pass explosion)
  • The Comeback (Wellie)
  • Birdles beating me at the buzzer
  • Ramirez Revenge Game (beating him at the buzzer with Girley after his auto win team cheated their way throughout the first half)
  • The AFC Championship against Rors

I fondly remember beating you down. One of the few highlights as the former Rams owner. :D

BigAT

daw840 said:
It wasn't about finding a hole, it was about avoiding a player that was in pursuit outside the offensive line (safeties, usually linebackers though). Felix Jones was especially effective, and annoying, at it.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Damn it. I think I was banned then. Someone link me to that page! I want to read this shit.
In summary. He mad. Policticing. He mad moar. Im the real troll. He is angel. He mad again..he uses face book to deliver final ether only to have it ether him expose his true nature.he gets banned..kicked and is gone. DCX vindicated only to receive matt millen award.

DCX

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, I'm not sure when the Falcons and Colts play, Season 3 of 11 maybe?

Next season actually, in Indy. I look forward to the rematch, albeit with a different talent level on my side of the field.

LukeSmith

Birdman, I am real bummed you're not in the division anymore. I hope your relationship with your son's toys improves, but still - bummed

Rorschach

Wellington said:
That's not where it starts. That's a repost. :p It starts here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17738498&postcount=4084

[20] Raiders (4-4) L1 - I'd call this team pathetic if it didn't insult the teams below it. Protip: draft a real NFL QB; put JRuss in at Fullback.
I forgot I started out 4-4 before making a run at the playoffs. :eek: I should have taken my own advice, btw. smh

Astrolad said:
many of my opponents were doing L runs on almost every other run and i didn't say anything at the time. i'd be closing in on the rb--and in rl the tackle would be made 99% of the time, but in the games the dude would turn in a very L-like style and turn it into a big gain. rediculous and cheap, especially if people are also spamming the S and reverse-T runs.
:lol Astro slays me.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Wow, I just read like 4 pages of the thread and that was some epic fucked up shit there. Jesus.
Indeed. Fyi I am back with my wife..better than ever :)

DCX

daw840

DCX said:

DCX

Very good to hear. That was quite possibly the worst fucking remark I have ever seen. Hope that's a perma for Shawn.

Sanjuro

Is there popcorn drama like this every season? I can't wait to get into the action!

In MLB people just leave without any commotion. :'(

DCX said:

DCX

Good to hear. I've been divorced before and that shit sucked. I don't think I ever felt more lonely or depressed then I did at that point. It'll worked out for the better in the end though except for the fact that I don't get to see my son every day. /livejournal

Back on topic, I'm glad that I get to play FMT this year so I can try to avenge all of those close losses. :D

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Is there popcorn drama like this every season? I can't wait to get into the action!

That wasn't due to drama, that was shitty netcode.

Somnia

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

You're in for a treat that's for sure... CB/Livewire keep things entertaining for at least half of the posts for each week.

Top Bottom