• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
[edit] The trade talks before the game is even released are ridiculous too. Do you guys have no attachment to your teams? :| I could understand guys that are playing with other teams, but how the hell are "hardcore" fans so eager to get rid of the players they're supposed to love?
I agree, but there are two issues with that line of thinking:

1) Whoever wins the Giants will be loaded at DE and the game does not accurately portray how good our four aces package would be due to the shitty OL/DL interaction. Bluemax is loaded at LB and needs DL help, so why not talk trade.

2) We are going to be behind the 8-Ball against guys like Lone, Luke, and DCX who don't care about their teams and trade everyone away for the supercharged EA rookies

If we care so much about our real rosters, we should wait a bit before starting the franchise so we could have the right guys!

Wellington said:
2) We are going to be behind the 8-Ball against guys like Lone, Luke, and DCX who don't care about their teams and trade everyone away for the supercharged EA rookies

If we care so much about our real rosters, we should wait a bit before starting the franchise so we could have the right guys!

Here's hoping I can prevent at least this one. I'm too much of a homer to trade any of my players DURING the season. I'm damn sure not going to trade away one of the stars. When I had the Rams, I cared less but there's no way in hell I'm gutting the Falcons. RISE UP!
That is their marketing catch phrase for the season.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have no problem with a ban on trades for the first season or waiting until the correct rosters are established. I would like to have ONE season where we have some balance in the league.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
First off, your assuming you get the redskins. Which you wont. That fact is clear to everyone in this league. Secondly, why would i want you gone? Your two free wins a season and endless entertainment for me in this league.

So you're scared, ok then.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If all you care about is your real rosters, better make this a leaguedaddy league again. Then you can just reuse the rosters again and again!

Lonestar said:
If all you care about is your real rosters, better make this a leaguedaddy league again. Then you can just reuse the rosters again and again!

I'd just like it to be more realistic, this isn't baseball or basketball where trades happen all of the time DURING the season.

Sanjuro

storybook77 said:
I'd just like it to be more realistic, this isn't baseball or basketball where trades happen all of the time DURING the season.
This isn't like real football where GMs mismanage teams. smileysmirk

Lonestar

It's a videogame! NONE OF IT'S REAL, so piss off if you think my idea of having fun is not correct form! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lonestar said:
It's a videogame! NONE OF IT'S REAL, so piss off if you think my idea of having fun is not correct form! :lol
it's real when there are people involved who are high in the media/have access to the media. i don't want my name to be associated with some unrealistic ass league

Lonestar

AstroLad said:
it's real when there are people involved who are high in the media/have access to the media. i don't want my name to be associated with some unrealistic ass league

:lol

Lonestar said:

The game isn't real? Then what the hell am I going to play? Oh, I get it, Madden 11 is all a dream!

;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I care about my players because they are my players, but I also want to improve my team where I can. If I have depth on defense I'm trading it away because those guys never get hurt. (Except for when Kenny Phillips heroically sacrificed himself to stop a TD) In Madden 10 I traded Aaron Ross, Kiwi, Osi, and a fake LB (tho I had like 7 LBs I could play), I'd do it again!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Relax brosef, you don't even fit under the criteria for what Rors said.

Rorschach said:
[edit] The trade talks before the game is even released are ridiculous too. Do you guys have no attachment to your teams? :| I could understand guys that are playing with other teams, but how the hell are "hardcore" fans so eager to get rid of the players they're supposed to love?

Only thing you're hardcore about is your man-crush on Charmin' Soft Alexander.

Wellington said:
Relax brosef, you don't even fit under the criteria for what Rors said.

Only thing you're hardcore about is your man-crush on Charmin' Soft Alexander.

Exactly, it would be like Rors giving up DHB!

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I care about my players because they are my players, but I also want to improve my team where I can. If I have depth on defense I'm trading it away because those guys never get hurt. (Except for when Kenny Phillips heroically sacrificed himself to stop a TD) In Madden 10 I traded Aaron Ross, Kiwi, Osi, and a fake LB (tho I had like 7 LBs I could play), I'd do it again!

And this is the same kind of thing I did! I didn't do some odd Turner for LT trade, or Orakpu for Orakpu deal of the centuury.

Except for maybe Merriweather, but I didn't know he'd progress up into the 90's at that time, and I felt the team had 2 good Strong Safeties, and went with Chung.

I'd try to turn marketable players into multiple quality players. And besides the Slaton deal (bad) and the Ross Deal (good for me). I did that. I took a team that I viewed as having strong QB's, WR's, OL and DL, and turned it into also having good HB's, LB's, and CB's, while keeping the QB's, WR's, OL and DL strong.

About my man crushes: I fear having to fight for the team that drafts Ingram or Julio. :(

Lonestar

Wellington said:
You should play for McClain. :|

Yeesh, I can already imagine the laughable game that would be, if me and Ror played against each other, both as Raiders.

I'd play like the Raiders would in real life, and Ror's would be Ror's....

SmirkSmiley.jpeg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
for the new page since we are getting down to it

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Falcons
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Redskins
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Colts
9. BigAT - Packers
10. LJ - Bills
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens
30. Striker - Giants
31. Eznark - Dolphins

LukeSmith

We should ban trades till Season 1 is complete and we should consider not starting the season until the day 1 rosters are out. We should also have some mitigating rules on trading players over N rating, whether that's 85, 87, 80, 90, whatever

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
We should ban trades till Season 1 is complete and we should consider not starting the season until the day 1 rosters are out. We should also have some mitigating rules on trading players over N rating, whether that's 85, 87, 80, 90, whatever

I like this.

Some of the trades last year were down right stupid.

daw840

LukeSmith said:

I like everything about this post.

Sanjuro

I'm fine with this on trades. The FA list should be adequate for all season one needs. We could probably spend some time addressing what teams need what and give the lower tier teams / players some decent players.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm fine with this on trades. The FA list should be adequate for all season one needs. We could probably spend some time addressing what teams need what and give the lower tier teams / players some decent players.

I think that was the idea but then the people who cut the highest OVR rating of players got a higher pick in the FA pool. The teams that did that generally had more depth so the really bad teams were still screwed because if I had cut that much, the Rams would've been even worse. If only EA would actually just mirror offline franchise like NCAA does with it's online dynasty, this wouldn't be a problem.

LukeSmith

We should also recalculate the Free Agency system this year, guys like Rors had to gut their teams in Free Agency last year, where Elite teams like the Giants had 26 players over 80 to choose from.

I don't know what the formula for it is yet, but forcing everyone to make cuts at the same level is pretty unbalanced. I could just do without faux-free agency altogether this year or make it opt-in

Sanjuro

The pro on the trades though is it's a ton of fun to do with friends. I can bork my team and have a one win season and still have fun playing with people who don't cheese. It's always interesting and makes the adjustments made via FA and offseason more interesting. That is my biggest thing and what I miss about GAF-NFL leagues. The last season I played was the real last enjoyable online football game I have played, since then I just haven't had any interest.

BigAT

I think it should be mandatory that each player has a trade in place involving at least one 90+ player on their team before the game goes gold.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
I think it should be mandatory that each player has a trade in place involving at least one 90+ player on their team before the game goes gold.

Aaron Rodgers and your first for Manning

Game is probably already gold :-|

DCX

DCX
Cuts should be a % of the ratings of the team. So a power team rated 90 overall would probably cut 80 to 83 as the high and a 75 to 80 as a low. A crap team like the rams would be 68 to 71 high or 63 to 68 low end. Two player cuts..worse record + total points together of said players should make up the order.

So even if a power team tanks..it still needs to get rid of high end players and still not get.first pick in free agency.

DCX

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
We should also recalculate the Free Agency system this year, guys like Rors had to gut their teams in Free Agency last year, where Elite teams like the Giants had 26 players over 80 to choose from.

I don't know what the formula for it is yet, but forcing everyone to make cuts at the same level is pretty unbalanced. I could just do without faux-free agency altogether this year or make it opt-in
I agree with you that the free agency needs some reworking but I am all for trades in the first season. It should be harder to trade big names but some of the smaller trades for lower rated players allowed me to make my team more balanced.

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Cuts should be a % of the ratings of the team. So a power team rated 90 overall would probably cut 80 to 83 as the high and a 75 to 80 as a low. A crap team like the rams would be 68 to 71 high or 63 to 68 low end. Two player cuts..worse record + total points together of said players should make up the order.

So even if a power team tanks..it still needs to get rid of high end players and still not get.first pick in free agency.

DCX

If we're saying no trades early on, because everyone wants to preserve the integrity of the teams and fans of said teams - as alluded to above by other posters - it's fundamentally oppositional to that statement to mandate players being cut, too. There doesn't need to be an "all or nothing" solution, but the reasons for both existing should be consistent. Trades can't be forced, they are opt-in, Free Agency could easily parallel that.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:

I think the Haynesworth trade is a good example. Astro and I used the real NFL draft points system. We should institute that and agree upon a maximum of ~50, 100 or whatever point differential for all trades in the league.

The chart I'm referring to:

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I think the Haynesworth trade is a good example. Astro and I used the real NFL draft points system. We should institute that and agree upon a maximum of ~50, 100 or whatever point differential for all trades in the league.

The chart I'm referring to:
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm
The free agency plan could be used for season 2.

On the real value system. It doesnt work for online gaming bro. Bojern would technically be worth a third or fourth rounder when in fact his value was higher than chris johnson and ap.

DCX

Rorschach

I would be on board with starting later since it would increase the chances of me getting in on this thang.

Also, it lets you NCAA plebs get one more season of Dynasty in.
lvEyC.gif

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Also, it lets you NCAA plebs get one more season of Dynasty in.
lvEyC.gif

Other than the online dynasty functionality, the gameplay itself isn't even Madden 10 level. I am ready for Madden 3 days after getting NCAA

LiveWire

DCX said:
The free agency plan could be used for season 2.

On the real value system. It doesnt work for online gaming bro. Bojern would technically be worth a third or fourth rounder when in fact his value was higher than chris johnson and ap.

DCX

Then we just use it for real NFL players, and not the Madden rookies.

As for starting the league, we should probably start the Wednesday after Labor Day Weekend (September 9th)? Rosters will be final, the real NFL starts the next day. I'm assuming EA would have the opening day rosters update out then...

LJ11

storybook77 said:
I think that was the idea but then the people who cut the highest OVR rating of players got a higher pick in the FA pool. The teams that did that generally had more depth so the really bad teams were still screwed because if I had cut that much, the Rams would've been even worse. If only EA would actually just mirror offline franchise like NCAA does with it's online dynasty, this wouldn't be a problem.

Right on. It was extremely easy to game as well.

Last draft I participated in was deep at the RB position, so I decided I would cut Lynch and nail a top spot in the FA pool since I could draft a top flight back or just re-sign him. I would also nail a top pick in the 2nd round.

That FA pool was great, lots of high end talent was released, but I wasn't able to land anyone, passed on Hewitt, because everyone else had the same idea. It was also interesting to see some of the powers that be drafting near the top as well.

I just took Lynch back, and picked up Rockie McIntosh in the 2nd. Basically, I gave the league nothing, but took a very serviceable player. Kind of dickish, but others were playing that game as well.

LukeSmith said:
Other than the online dynasty functionality, the gameplay itself isn't even Madden 10 level. I am ready for Madden 3 days after getting NCAA

Besides man coverage being a bit too effective, everything in NCAA is better than Madden 10 (playbooks aside).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
Like an old married couple finishing each other's thoughts.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Besides man coverage being a bit too effective, everything in NCAA is better than Madden 10 (playbooks aside).

I think running seems a bit too easy, man coverage - like you said - passing seems fine, the playbooks are hilarious. Is there a wider camera angle?

Lonestar

LJ11 said:

What's bad about them? Besides how to select them in game. The actual amount of plays and different styles is great. The rotating screen calling function is not.

LukeSmith said:
I think running seems a bit too easy, man coverage - like you said - passing seems fine, the playbooks are hilarious. Is there a wider camera angle?

I've had that question in mind too.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
What's bad about them? Besides how to select them in game. The actual amount of plays and different styles is great. The rotating screen calling function is not.

I've had that question in mind too.

Something about the playcalling itself seems slower. The NCAA no huddle is great though.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Something about the playcalling itself seems slower. The NCAA no huddle is great though.

The No Huddle function is wonderful, but I know that at soon as someone decides to do it all game long, BUTTONS WILL PRESSED.

I did figure out how to get similar "accelerated clock" as in Madden 10. Set your tempo to conservative, and when you're on offense, it'll milk the clock down 20 some odd seconds.

Sanjuro

Yeah I will be in agreement that going no-huddle more than a set amount of times a game will be incredibly annoying.

McNei1y

Hey so will I find out if I get a spot by the time it launches or another date? Just curious if there is time deadline. (not trying to rush anything)

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yeah I will be in agreement that going no-huddle more than a set amount of times a game will be incredibly annoying.
They have defensive no-huddle as well to match up with it and there are risks to running the no-huddle too much.

Top Bottom