• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Rorschach

GG Rors...

I have a lot i need to work on. Got off to a good(lucky) start then went full retard. That first pick i threw was my fault. I was trying to use a little touch to put it over the db and threw it full strength. 2nd pick I panicked thinking there was pressure and hit the wrong button! Just kinda snow balled from there :(

I was late on my throws all day. Need to step up in the pocket more too the edge pressure was fucking me up.

frustrating!
GG.

Yeah, you had some open guys that you hit late probably gun shy from the picks.

gg LJ. felt like i got HFA'd there :( i know there was snow but give me a break

my receivers were slipping or just not even trying for the ball, my defenders seemed to not stay on their guys, i dropped easy ints. then on the other side you can somehow cover 3 guys with 1 guy, you get instant pressure on my QB, and somehow your guys in coverage know to peel off their man to go get a qb scramble.

and to top it off the fucking controller didn't register on that FG i had before the half so i missed it by 20 yards.

gg LJ.
but felt like i got HFA'd there :(
but give me a break
but my receivers were slipping or just not even trying for the ball
but my defenders seemed to not stay on their guys
but i dropped easy ints.
but you can somehow cover 3 guys with 1 guy
but you get instant pressure on my QB
but somehow your guys in coverage know to peel off their man to go get a qb scramble.

but controller didn't register on that FG i had before the half so i missed it by 20 yards.

Fixed!

:D

LJ11

gg LJ. felt like i got HFA'd there :( i know there was snow but give me a break

my receivers were slipping or just not even trying for the ball, my defenders seemed to not stay on their guys, i dropped easy ints. then on the other side you can somehow cover 3 guys with 1 guy, you get instant pressure on my QB, and somehow your guys in coverage know to peel off their man to go get a qb scramble.

and to top it off the fucking controller didn't register on that FG i had before the half so i missed it by 20 yards.

You should have paused midway through the game and let me know, I would have gladly ran it back.

Definitely got screwed twice. Once on the dropped int, I got cocky and forced it, and the second time was on the FG. What's funny is that the game didn't register my FG kick at the end of the half, but it didn't start the meter.

You were running VD on fucking stick nods in the snow, he falls down and I make an int. Who's fault was that? I'm not the one calling double moves to the TE. My TE's dropped two first downs and that was on go routes. VD also got a phantom PI call, didn't touch the dude.

My guys peel off because I invested in PRC. You still had plenty of yards with him, what did you want 150 yards rushing with Kap?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You should have paused midway through the game and let me know, I would have gladly ran it back.

Definitely got screwed twice. Once on the dropped int, I got cocky and forced it, and the second time was on the FG. What's funny is that the game didn't register my FG kick at the end of the half, but it didn't start the meter.

You were running VD on fucking stick nods in the snow, he falls down and I make an int. Who's fault was that? I'm not the one calling double moves to the TE. My TE's dropped two first downs and that was on go routes. VD also got a phantom PI call, didn't touch the dude.

My guys peel off because I invested in PRC. You still had plenty of yards with him, what did you want 150 yards rushing with Kap?
Pvb6V.gif

That TE stick nod route is dirty

yes!

and the one where VD slipped wasn't a stick nod. it was a simple out route. i had guys slipping on regular slants and digs too. like i said, my fault for passing! should've just run the ball and live with the results!

LJ11

yes!

and the one where VD slipped wasn't a stick nod. it was a simple out route. i had guys slipping on regular slants and digs too. like i said, my fault for passing! should've just run the ball and live with the results!

You lost on that first int, that was a repeat of regular season game number one. You had the ball, I wasted a shitload of time just trying to tie it up after you made a good play on that int, so you had the opportunity to eat the rest of the half and take the ball to start the half. And then I made a play and it swung the game around. What's even better is that I got quick snapped and it didn't fuck me. I was mashing TO because I was in the wrong D, but you snapped and I was on Bradham and said fuck it, let me cover someone. Next thing I know I'm taking an int inside your 50.

Probably lost your head after the missed FG, because you went pass pass pass the rest of the game. Still, I almost gave it away again. Should have lobbed that int but I thought I could throw it far with power, no dice. Wasn't my first read either but I saw one on one, up three scores and said fuck it.

Edit: And if someone doesn't want to play in snow, just message me we'll restart. I actually like it.

whats a stick nod? I have a pattern called the Stick N Hood in the chiefs book... is that the same?

edit---

just looked up the route. Similar but not quite the same. stick nod has shallower cuts

You lost on that first int, that was a repeat of regular season game number one. You had the ball, I wasted a shitload of time just trying to tie it up after you made a good play on that int, so you had the opportunity to eat the rest of the half and take the ball to start the half. And then I made a play and it swung the game around.

Probably lost your head after the missed FG, because you went pass pass pass the rest of the game. Still, I almost gave it away again. Should have lobbed that int but I thought I could throw it far with power, no dice.

i don't know if i could've eaten the rest of the clock. there was still about 6 minutes left. but i should've run some more instead of passing so much. surprised there were no fumbles for either side because there were some hard hits on the kicks offs and runs.

i wish there was a way to better disguise coverages. for some of the blitz formations, if its a heavy blitz my CB's are way off. now of course you can play the guessing game on the other side and say well maybe some guys are going to drop underneath but immediately at the snap you know the answer. wasn't really able to get into some of the other defensive formations i like because you were always staying ahead of the downs and could just come out in basic sets and i can't risk running a guaranteed pass defense against a heavy set offensive formation

p.s.

i didn't not like playing in the snow, i like variable weather conditions (unlike CB!). just didn't do a very good job of tailoring my gameplan to the weather is all

LJ11

whats a stick nod? I have a pattern called the Stick N Hood in the chiefs book... is that the same?

edit---

just looked up the route. Similar but not quite the same. stick nod has shallower cuts

Check y trips single back and some of the shotgun/empty sets.

Edit yeah there was some hard hits, I was trying to lay VD out but got nothing.

She totally is. It's always touch and go. She is only willing to buy games for me like once every six months because of the disgusting people in game stores/sections. She really hates poors and fats.

So did she get the right sly or did one of those greasy fat poors trick her into a used sly PS2 game! Higher margins on those!

Wisconsin is probably her worst nightmare. Glad you guys got out.

You cut me deep rors. First the madden ass kicking then this! :(

Rorschach

Yeah I think i riled him up in week 2 cause ever since hes been on a tear.

As bad as that game was, the Saints game a couple weeks later was worse. Even though I won that game, I just found the whole thing to be ridiculous. Last season was the same shit where the game didn't resemble football at all anymore and that coupled with some sketchy play made me dread having to play every week. Just going with the flow now. I still fumble a lot, but the slider helped a little bit.

btw- I found something that AWR helps with finally. Fumble recoveries!

DCX

DCX
As bad as that game was, the Saints game a couple weeks later was worse. Even though I won that game, I just found the whole thing to be ridiculous. Last season was the same shit where the game didn't resemble football at all anymore and that coupled with some sketchy play made me dread having to play every week. Just going with the flow now. I still fumble a lot, but the slider helped a little bit.

:(

DCX

It really feels like the game has it out for you sometimes. I prefer Madden 12 even though i never won.

I hope 25 has 12 like gameplay with fleshed out 13 franchise features!

LJ11

Oh, and I can't wait until we get video capture next gen because I made an unbelievable play with Dareus.

I got stuck on my DT, pass rushing is almost useless because if you don't time it right you get planted on the ground, with FMT running Kap as much as he was I had to stay there and mirror.

Stayed up right and just kept tapping Y, Dareus kept jumping up and down. I got my hand on it when he went to throw, int.

HFA advantage my ass.

Rorschach

HFA advantage my ass.
Just to be clear: What I meant earlier by "part of your HFA" is that you should be allowed to have snow games. That's part of the advantage you should have over some whiny California team like the pussy 9ers. I haven't had many snow games and only had a couple of rain games. I'd hate to have those now that the game doesn't let me run, but dems the breaks!

Also, you used advantage twice. Home field advantage advantage. :p

It really feels like the game has it out for you sometimes. I prefer Madden 12 even though i never won.

I hope 25 has 12 like gameplay with fleshed out 13 franchise features!

It hates me almost as much as I hate it. My hate wins!

LJ11

Just to be clear: What I meant earlier by "part of your HFA" is that you should be allowed to have snow games. That's part of the advantage you should have over some whiny California team like the pussy 9ers. I haven't had many snow games and only had a couple of rain games. I'd hate to have those now that the game doesn't let me run, but dems the breaks!

Also, you used advantage twice. Home field advantage advantage. :p

Wasn't a dig at your post, I just made a couple of really good plays, and couple of bad ones as well. FMT did too, he just pulled an LJ and went pass pass pass. Forgot all about the Dareus play, probably because I threw an int on the next series when I could of just kept running.

Oh, and I can't wait until we get video capture next gen because I made an unbelievable play with Dareus.

I got stuck on my DT, pass rushing is almost useless because if you don't time it right you get planted on the ground, with FMT running Kap as much as he was I had to stay there and mirror.

Stayed up right and just kept tapping Y, Dareus kept jumping up and down. I got my hand on it when he went to throw, int.

HFA advantage my ass.

That was a wheel route to LMJ. Once me wr was covered and cleared out the cb it was your lb one on one with LMJ on the wheel route and LMJ just fucking stopped for a good second.... Then continued on. Had the lb beat by a few yards but then you tipped it :(

Ramirez

I am currently plastered in Vegas. I am back after noon tomorrow Ram. I will be hungover and move to 0-6 vs steelers.

Ka and Sage tonight wooooooioooooooooooo

Look for me to be free around 10-11 EST.

So, every time I play PoE, I get a pink screen of death about 30 minutes in. Doesn't happen during any other time, but I haven't tested it with any other games. Is my graphics card shitting the bed, or could it just be a compatibility issue with the game?

Top Bottom