• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

eznark

Banned
They are both pretty bad, but 3DS has Mario 3D Land and the rest of the Nintendo first parties.

Lol, how is 3DS bad?

Vita is the best handheld ever made and I'm glad it exists but man if I had to choose I'd have to pick 3DS because of the library.

Once it dies and Sony stops caring the Vita will be an amazing emulator though!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone have any good iPad apps? I love writing shit down and keeping notes, so I picked up Notability and I just use a stylus to put shit on there. It's easy to have stuff accessible everywhere thanks to drop box.

Ez you were right, MLB full deck is awful. I'd rather play Madden Ultimate Team

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lol, how is 3DS bad?

Vita is the best handheld ever made and I'm glad it exists but man if I had to choose I'd have to pick 3DS because of the library.

Once it dies and Sony stops caring the Vita will be an amazing emulator though!

Its only good for first party games. Which is fine. But there is nothing to cover the lull in between Nintendo releases.

Ferny

GG Ferny, I couldn't stop that out route all day. I think my DB got picked after the catch on your game winning TD though lol

GG man

I could not stop your run in the second half. That draw play kept spreading my line too far apart. I managed to cover it a little in the last quarter.

LJ11

Anyone have any good iPad apps? I love writing shit down and keeping notes, so I picked up Notability and I just use a stylus to put shit on there. It's easy to have stuff accessible everywhere thanks to drop box.

Ez you were right, MLB full deck is awful. I'd rather play Madden Ultimate Team

Yeah, I like Notability, I should probably use it more than I do.

Need Android apps, I'm digging Android/Nexus 4, Apple is behind in some ways. Still have the apps though.

Mrbob

I'd vote 3DS as well. The Vita is a better portable system but less games.

Vita alongside Playstation Plus is a great deal, but there really isn't much else besides that.

Edit: Ghost Recon is awesome. It's now on the eshop but it is $29.99. My favorite launch game. Although Fire Emblem is replacing it as my favorite strategy game to play. So good.

Rorschach

I hear Supernote is good for taking notes. I only use Evernote because it syncs at home and I only take quick notes and reminders. And the skitch add-on for drawing.

Pocket is cool for saving pages to read later too.

eznark

Banned
Pocket is awesome.

I've tried every acclaimed note taker and NoteTaker HD is hands down the most robust. Only drawbacks are no automatic cloud syncing and no type-to-text, but I've yet to see a program do that well yet.

BigAT

images

LJ11

I like Instapaper for non-image heavy articles, though Pocket has failed to load a few images so that might not be as reliable as it once was, will probably use it more though since I don't want to buy Instapaper again.

eznark

Banned
I stuck with Paper because the Chrome plugin is awesome pretty much.

Zite is nice for casual news grazing. I use FeelderPro for RSS. The Giant Bomb video buddy is nice. Mint is great. Summoner Wars!

Those are the apps I probably use the most. If you are looking for a great financial calculator, 17bII+ is godly.

Oh, Pocket Informant Pro is my calendar/to do/contact manager. So, so good.

eznark

Banned
This page makes me feel like I don't use my iPad correctly

If I had an office that I went to every day and did the same thing mine would be only games too. Welli and I don't make toys though. I have no idea what LJ does. Seems like a Serious Man though.

LJ11

I stuck with Paper because the Chrome plugin is awesome pretty much.

Zite is nice for casual news grazing. I use FeelderPro for RSS. The Giant Bomb video buddy is nice. Mint is great. Summoner Wars!

Those are the apps I probably use the most. If you are looking for a great financial calculator, 17bII+ is godly.

Oh, Pocket Informant Pro is my calendar/to do/contact manager. So, so good.

Remember you recommending Newsify, I wasn't a fan. Downloaded Feedly but haven't used it yet. Liked Reeder too, but still looking for the "right" one. Is Feeddler the one you're recommending. They all have similar names but when I searched for feelder I got nothing.

Seriously. I only use it to surf the internet during meetings at work.

I pretty much do that same thing but at home, don't carry mine around really. Videos, Instapaper/Pocket, Surfing, and Twitter, that's pretty much the extent of it. Have a bunch of games but I don't play them after the first 10 minutes, except for Super Hexagon. Mentioned taking notes with it but I rarely do, though I should because I have all these fucking sticky notes and pads with info that I have to go through whenever I want to find something.

I'm a mess, but it's probably because I don't give a shit about most things.

eznark

Banned
Yeah that's the one. I keep trying others and always go back to it. No frills, basically just Google Reader in app form. Perfectly utilitarian. I stopped using Newsify as well. So fucking slow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Instapaper is ok I just don't want to pay. I used to use Pocket in its previous incarnation, whatever its name was.

I used to just let the iPad lay around and collect dust but its too useful as a productivity tool. I don't take it into meetings since I'd be too tempted to goof around and read the web. What I've been doing is I take notes out in the field or in meetings on pen and paper, scan them and put it in my drop box. With that I can access anything i write down from my phone, iPad or on my desktop. You guys already know I work in construction management so on the really cold days I prefer to leave my note pad on desk and refer to my to do list via the drop box app.

anyone have a separate PC for their TV only?

i feel like im missing out on a lot of the great games i have on my gaming PC because i just don't like sitting at the computer desk for hours playing. comfy couch etc.

i was thinking of building a new PC and just make it strictly gaming and have it connected to my tv via hdmi but i'm not sure how practical it would be

LukeSmith

i feel like im missing out on a lot of the great games i have on my gaming PC because i just don't like sitting at the computer desk for hours playing. comfy couch etc.

i was thinking of building a new PC and just make it strictly gaming and have it connected to my tv via hdmi but i'm not sure how practical it would be

Honestly, I'd probably wait for whatever Valve is doing as solving a bunch of the problems that you're thinking about is going to be a big part of their future business.

Mrbob

Wait for the Steambox(s). I'm itching to make a home theater PC too but I want to see what is cooking at Valve first.

Edit: Defeated by Luke.

I have my PC connected to my monitor and my 50 inch TV. I have my computer in the corner and my TV in the middle on the same side of the room so I can tilt my tv my way if I want to watch tv while on the computer, and then I got a couch and bean bag behind me if I wanna just chill there

I got this

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

I have cable TV, my 360, my PC, and my PS3 all hooked up to this thing, which sends signal to both my monitor and my tv...so if I wanna sit on the couch with my PC on the TV while espn runs in the background on my monitor, I can! it rules

I've basically converted to playing all my games on the TV. I'm getting some USB extensions so that I can bring my keyboard/mouse to the back of the room

LukeSmith

I think eventually I'll have a PC that's dedicated for gaming off of my primary TV. I'm waiting on a possible future box that I hope someone is going to make.

I don't mind at all, however, gaming at my desk. I don't really sit on the couch when I play games, I just sit on the floor like I always have in front of my television so the "comfy couch" part doesn't bug me

BigAT

I still play way too much that requires a mouse and keyboard to dedicate a computer to my TV. Still a fan of too many RTS games and Dota 2, plus there's no way I'm playing an FPS like a child with some controller.

Rorschach

Just get a desktop replacement laptop. Mine kills every game out right now and I can just take it wherever and hook it up to whatever.

I thought the Lakers weren't doing well this year? Why not just play during the game?

If I was home right now, I'd totally play Madden for fun with you.

Rorschach

which laptop do you have?

Bought an 18" MSI barebone a year ago from gentech and customized it. I didn't have access to my desktop, and I needed something portable, so I bought it. Still doing a solid job. I play on it more than my desktop, but I've been playing mostly controller games on the TV lately. You could go with that new Sager laptop if you want max performance, but it's 2 grand.

Fifa is 25 on origin if that counts as a sale

That sounded tempting, but it's 26.39. They went 1.39 over my limit!

NFL Head coach is $9.99!!!!

Top Bottom