• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

......if I were to switch Roos from LT to RT would I be able to franchise tag him for less.... and then switch him back? Is this gonna be frowned upon or are we gonna take on the attitude that if enough people do this RT and LT will just balance out.

I can't believe RT and LT aren't considered the same position for franchising.

Nightz

......if I were to switch Roos from LT to RT would I be able to franchise tag him for less.... and then switch him back? Is this gonna be frowned upon or are we gonna take on the attitude that if enough people do this RT and LT will just balance out.

Pandora%27s_Box.jpg

don't circumvent the cap or suffer like DCX did

p.s.

you do know in real life RT's and LT's dont get tagged the same right?

The Week 6 Injury Report

Bears
MLB Brian Urlacher out 4 weeks with an abdominal tear.
Bills
CB Leodis McKelvin is out 1 week with a broken jaw.
Broncos
OLB Wesley Woodyard is out 3 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Cardinals
SS Jawan Banks is out 2 weeks with a dislocated ankle.
WR X'Zavious Bass is out 2 weeks with a ruptured disk.
Chargers
TE Antonio Gates is out 4 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Chiefs
HB Jamaal Charles is out 4 weeks with a partial PCL tear.
Colts
MLB Kavell Conner is out 22 weeks with a fractured elbow.
WR T.Y. Hilton is out 4 weeks with a broken collarbone.
WR Ben Jones is out 2 weeks with a broken jaw.
Eagles
FS Ron Odom is out 3 weeks with a dislocated elbow.
Jaguars
OLB Daryl Smith is out 4 weeks with an upper arm fracture.
Jets
MLB Demario Davis is out 2 weeks with an abdominal tear.
Patriots
TE Aaron Hernandez is out 7 weeks with a dislocated hip.
Raiders
TE Ed Dickson is out 2 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Rams
HB D.J. Greenwood is out 6 weeks with a ruptured disk.
Redskins
LE Jarvis Jenkins is out 2 weeks with a broken collarbone.
SS Mana Silva is out 1 week with a pulled groin.
Saints
TE Jimmy Graham is out 6 weeks with a ruptured disk.
Texans
FS Glover Quin Jr. is out 3 weeks with a partial MCL tear.
QB T.J. Yates is out 2 weeks with an abdominal tear.
Vikings
MLB Oliver Drake is out 5 weeks with a broken collarbone.

I'll start updating this for the thread, I always check it for who I'm facing to see if I can exploit a part of their D. Wow @ Conner being out for 22 weeks.

don't circumvent the cap or suffer like DCX did

p.s.

you do know in real life RT's and LT's dont get tagged the same right?

I've never thought about it and I think I disagree with it. If WRs are WRs then DEs should be DEs, Ts should be Ts, OLBs should be OLBs, and Gs should be Gs. Idk if this is the case for all those I'm assuming.

And what if I truly move Roos to RT next season and keep him there? Can I do it before I franchise him? Or is Roos' agent calling every lawyer he knows and this is just not going to happen?

rinse82

This fucking game.

Gg bob, those 2 red zone stops in the beginning were huge, demoralizing for me.

That was a great deep pass you made on 3rd and long to Hester, really changed the momentum in your favour.

Kody Arias with a terrible game, and my receivers dropped so many passes

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've never thought about it and I think I disagree with it. If WRs are WRs then DEs should be DEs, Ts should be Ts, OLBs should be OLBs, and Gs should be Gs. Idk if this is the case for all those I'm assuming.

And what if I truly move Roos to RT next season and keep him there? Can I do it before I franchise him?

Left tackles are more valuable because most QB's are right handed so they guard the blindside.

And no. Contracts are based off previous play.

bluemax

Banned

And what if I truly move Roos to RT next season and keep him there? Can I do it before I franchise him? Or is Roos' agent calling every lawyer he knows and this is just not going to happen?

Left tackles usually get paid more because the majority of QBs are right handed and the LT protects his blind side.

Mrbob

Yeah GG Rinse. That was about as bad of a start I could possibly have, and got out of it only being down 6 to 0 at the time. Your opening drive had a nice mix of plays, but my guys couldn't tackle. I had that problem all game where they were bouncing off of guys constantly. I'm pretty sure your TE on the opening took a 2 yard gain for like a 20 yard gain after bouncing off 3 of my defenders. Got lucky to hold you to a FG, I thought you would get to the end zone on that sweep but I recognized it just fast enough to switch players and barely get the edge. My first offensive drive Myers throws an int on one of those out of position jump catch i'm getting the ball anyway on defense plays. Then Forte fumbles the ball away next drive. It was truly terrible.

Speaking of Forte, I give him a chance to run and he gets McFadden-itis. Two damn fumbles in the game. :/ Forte has 94 carry I think. Game is trash!

Red zone defense saved me for sure. Two times inside the 10, and held to FGs both times. I've had to play 5 of 6 on the road to start the season. Now it's time for HFA to get me back into the playoff chase.

I understand why! I just think it's dumb cause if I was a stud FA ambidextrous OT and I could choose a Right handed or Left handed QB to be on my team I'd always go with the right handed guy in case the tagged me later on. Left handed QBs are people too!

Should be a strongside/ weakside categorization or none at all.

Contracts being based on previous play is obvious to me now. Can't help but wonder if madden is smart enough tho?

bluemax

Banned
I understand why! I just think it's dumb cause if I was a stud FA ambidextrous OT and I could choose a Right handed or Left handed QB to be on my team I'd always go with the right handed guy in case the tagged me later on. Left handed QBs are people too!

Should be a strongside/ weakside categorization or none at all.

But that's not how tackles work or how they learn to block. It doesn't make sense.

But that's not how tackles work or how they learn to block. It doesn't make sense.

Are you telling me teams with franchise left handed QBs wouldn't look for a pass blocking RT with good footwork? I understand they're not the same position but there are people who can play that same position on the right side. And there is a use for that in the NFL. Why should they be punished because their QB is lefthanded?

How many franchise qb's are left handed?

I can only name two active left handed qb's. Leinart and Vick

And Vicks current RT was originally a LT that you guys converted. When Herremans becomes a stud and you need to franchise him it's unfair to the rest of the league!

The above comment pertains to the RL Eagles and not this madden league.

CB3

And Vicks current RT was originally a LT that you guys converted. When Herremans becomes a stud and you need to franchise him it's unfair to the rest of the league!

He was actually a left guard converted to right tackle. And I'm franchising Jason Peters at the end oof the season at his rightful position of left tackle.

He was actually a left guard converted to right tackle. And I'm franchising Jason Peters at the end oof the season at his rightful position of left tackle.

He actually got his first start for you when he replaced an injured LT in 2005 and then he started at G in 2006. All of this jumping around is proving my point of if Wes Welker is in the same pool as Calvin Johnson then RTs and LTs should just be in the same pool.

CB3

I think they make perfect sense. Left handed quarterbacks are few and far between. Great left tackles are at a premium.

per the request of countless individuals and/or complaints of excess fumbles here, i'm going to bump up the fumbles slider to 75. it's at 50 now, and the higher you go the less chance there is for fumbles.

so in the coming weeks post your experience with this new found setting

As some1 who had double digit fumbles with his best player last season I say BOOOO. Been pumping XP into HPOW and Carrying for a reason. No fumbles for CJ this year now that his Carry rating is at 97.

BigAT

As some1 who had double digit fumbles with his best player last season I say BOOOO. Been pumping XP into HPOW and Carrying for a reason. No fumbles for CJ this year now that his Carry rating is at 97.

6 fumbles in Ahmad Bradshaw's last 15 carries, my last two games. A fucking 40% fumble rate, absurd. 99 Carry by the way.

my top 3 favorite plays of the game:

1. pwill getting hurt while hit sticking fatt stafford
2. fatt throws into quadruple coverage on calvin. there are literally 4 guys there. they all go for the int and the ball deflects like 10 yards to the side and its caught by whoever and he almost scores!
3. fatt drops back... no one open... dropping back and drifting right he then throws about 20 yards down field from the right hash to the opposite hash for a completion to the rb :(

Trasher

my top 3 favorite plays of the game:

1. pwill getting hurt while hit sticking fatt stafford
2. fatt throws into quadruple coverage on calvin. there are literally 4 guys there. they all go for the int and the ball deflects like 10 yards to the side and its caught by whoever and he almost scores!
3. fatt drops back... no one open... dropping back and drifting right he then throws about 20 yards down field from the right hash to the opposite hash for a completion to the rb :(

Best was P Willy hit sticking Stafford and suffering the repercussions. Glass Stafford who?!?!

The ole sacking the quarterback as he throws and the ball gets picked off by my LB for the TAINT was a good one too.

Best was P Willy hit sticking Stafford and suffering the repercussions. Glass Stafford who?!?!

The ole sacking the quarterback as he throws and the ball gets picked off by my LB for the TAINT was a good one too.

i deserved that taint. i already saw the flag got thrown and i knew it was going to be offensive holding so i was trying to throw the ball away but kaps release is slow and i just couldn't get it out clean :(

the other int i threw was bad but it shouldn't have been THAT bad. crabtree had a couple steps on the outside and i threw it outside but i guess it was one of those "your QB's deep accuracy sucks so this is the throw where we make you pay!" throws. i was happy with no fumbles! first game this season where i haven't fumbled i believe

BigAT

Are most his runs between the tackles? I feel like fumbles happen more in big piles than in space.

I'm split pretty evenly inside/outside, but it has seemed recently that a lot of them came on runs to the outside. It would be a 1 on 1 situation and the LB/S would do the hit stick animation, blow him up and the ball would come loose.

Top Bottom