• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Sokantish

Rors I'm not as smart as you. Is Greg Olson good or bad for the Raiders? I at least read that they'll be getting rid of the zbs so it already has to be better! Right?

GCQuinton

I'd vote to leave the fumble slider as is. Jonathan Stewart had crazy problem with it last season (his six against the Cardinals is a game that lives in infamy for me), but I invested in improving him through XP and the Cover Ball trait and he hasn't fumbled once this season (so far).

DCX

DCX
I'd vote to leave the fumble slider as is. Jonathan Stewart had crazy problem with it last season (his six against the Cardinals is a game that lives in infamy for me), but I invested in improving him through XP and the Cover Ball trait and he hasn't fumbled once this season (so far).

Plus, it screws everyone who has dealt with it for 5-6 games. If we need a vote on it, do it in the off-season.

I do believe people have been pouring XP into HP and getting the Big Hitter for most of their defensive players. Its starting to show.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Since RB doesn't work I'd vote to turn fumbles off altogether since its just a dice roll now. Unless you Crow it.

Sokantish

Plus, it screws everyone who has dealt with it for 5-6 games. If we need a vote on it, do it in the off-season.

DCX

What does that even mean? Everyone's dealt with it for 5-6 games, now everyone would not have to deal with it. Maybe some people have been lucky and haven't fumbled that doesn't mean Rors should suffer through 6 fumbles a game until the season ends if there is really a stupid bug and we can easily fix it by turning a slider up.

BigAT said his RB is 99 CAR with brace for all hits and he's leading the league in fumbles. So maybe you've just been lucky.

I SWEAR I'm not saying all this stuff because I have fumbled the most(or near the most) times

DCX

DCX
I understand what you are saying but the sliders have been untouched for the entire franchise. We all have dealt with an even playing field. I really think the XP is paying off big time in creating these fumbles.

I feel turning down fumbles might " break " something else lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wish you guys would have decided this before I dumped 14k XP into carry last night.

At least I dot have to buy big hitter for Garcia.

Sokantish

I wish you'd read the posts of people that said they have 95+ carry and they have more fuimbles than anyone else.

We all have wishes Wellie!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wish you'd read the posts of people that said they have 95+ carry and they have more fuimbles than anyone else.

We all have wishes Wellie!
There has to be something strange going on, I never fumbled at that rate, SJax was at a maximum of 97 carry, Greenwood was at 94 and Donald Brown is now at 91. I think the combo of DJ and SJax ended the year last year with 6 combined fumbles, and I play PWill twice a year.

eznark

Banned
There has to be something strange going on, I never fumbled at that rate, SJax was at a maximum of 97 carry, Greenwood was at 94 and Donald Brown is now at 91. I think the combo of DJ and SJax ended the year last year with 6 combined fumbles, and I play PWill twice a year.

Your investments just increased in value overnight Wellie. It was a windfall.

rinse82

I just watched that Oculus Rift reaction video from CES. God damn.

Imagine you could use that in Madden and played as a RB?

Kam Sweet just had 250 yards in practice. You guys are doomed!!

Chris Johnson just did that in a game!
tumblr_m7lcjrq9Xe1rt2h44o1_500.jpg

Rorschach

Soka, it's not a very good get, imo. He's not just vanilla, he's vanilla lite. And zone blocking isn't bad when implemented right. The Raiders have run it before with some success. Knapp was just trash. And the line was doing great with power run scheme. If we had a right tackle, it would be great. There was no need for the switch.

I just watched that Oculus Rift reaction video from CES. God damn.

Imagine you could use that in Madden and played as a RB?
First person football again? I don't think I want that.

As eznark said, your carry investments are not wasted. They just have a slightly different value.

Big asterix for your win considering it came as a result of a fumble and those rules have been revamped. Basically your wins are vacated.

You had 2 INTs I had 1 and you can't blame the 2 fumbles for a 21 point loss! HFA run blocking is why I won that game truly.

eznark

Banned
You had 2 INTs I had 1 and you can't blame the 2 fumbles for a 21 point loss! HFA run blocking is why I won that game truly.

? It was a 7 point game in the 4th when I fumbled and then let the CPU play defense. That didnt work out for GB!

Outside of the first big run for your touchdown I had CJ bottled up. But it looked like Madden kept picking all interior blitzes once I left it up to him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah but I believe that the XP spent there to get it into the 90s has less value. We are now 50% less likely to fumble. An RB with 85 carry before now has the same value as an RB with 95 carry or whatever the conversion works out to now. It's diminishing returns versus putting those points into ELU/Truck, CTH/CIT, or BCV/AWR.

Lucky that RB upgrades stink by and large.

? It was a 7 point game in the 4th when I fumbled and then let the CPU play defense. That didnt work out for GB!

Outside of the first big run for your touchdown I had CJ bottled up. But it looked like Madden kept picking all interior blitzes once I left it up to him.

Ah yeah, defensive playcalling was atrocious at the end but CJ probably had 150+ yards at that point on maybe 12 carries, thats a 98 yard run then averaging about 5 yards a carry. If there is a way to look this up I will later, don't think there is though. The other big run he broke after that was for about 50, because of an interior blitz. Don't think you had him bottled up, for me it felt like every time you stopped him for no gain it happened to be 3rd and short.

DCX

DCX
Yeah but I believe that the XP spent there to get it into the 90s has less value. We are now 50% less likely to fumble. An RB with 85 carry before now has the same value as an RB with 95 carry or whatever the conversion works out to now. It's diminishing returns versus putting those points into ELU/Truck, CTH/CIT, or BCV/AWR.

This and all the negatives to the people who built up a hard hitting defense :/

DCX

Rorschach

1: that's not how percentages or the sliders work
2: 85 and 95 have the same value NOW. Hell, I think 85s fumble less. My 88 carry guy doesn't fumble as much as the 97 guy.
3: I've spent 17 points worth of XP on carry and 20k on cover ball. Why can't we try the new sliders just to see if it makes the game playable again? These fumbles are a joke. No real game is gonna have 8 fumbles a game unless it's the Jets vs the Eagles.

eznark

Banned
Ah yeah, defensive playcalling was atrocious at the end but CJ probably had 150+ yards at that point on maybe 12 carries, thats a 98 yard run then averaging about 5 yards a carry. If there is a way to look this up I will later, don't think there is though. The other big run he broke after that was for about 50, because of an interior blitz. Don't think you had him bottled up, for me it felt like every time you stopped him for no gain it happened to be 3rd and short.

It was 10-3 halfway through the 4th quarter. He scored on a 98 yard run. Outside of that you got a field goal off an interception giving you field position. I guess maybe he was getting yards but they weren't impactful in any way.

I agree the fairest way to change something like this would be to do it this offseason, but I doubt this will cut fumbles in half.

It was 10-3 halfway through the 4th quarter. He scored on a 98 yard run. Outside of that you got a field goal off an interception giving you field position. I guess maybe he was getting yards but they weren't impactful in any way.

If it was a 7 point or even tie game Erron would have TAINTed it away to me anywho, or was the computer playing offense for you late in the 4th quarter as well?

Rorschach

DCX

Maybe that's the problem. It's like in NCAA when you set the defense to aggressive. Everyone spent their points on big hitter trait. Now, it's aggressive mode all day, but even worse since there's no chance of a broken tackle with that animation when it's done by the cpu. Hit stick by the human has consequence. cpu hit stick does not. It's basically a suction tackle.

DCX

DCX
Maybe that's the problem. It's like in NCAA when you set the defense to aggressive. Everyone spent their points on big hitter trait. Now, it's aggressive mode all day, but even worse since there's no chance of a broken tackle with that animation when it's done by the cpu. Hit stick by the human has consequence. cpu hit stick does not. It's basically a suction tackle.

I do believe this is what's happening. My entire D is built on press corners and hard hitting LBs and Safeties. I even have a CB with the trait. The more the merrier.

I'm sure alot of dudes have done this and now it's just a disease lol Add the global hit stick at times and its just insane.

I think we should visit this issue in the offseason to be honest. It may even out during the course of the season.

DCX

Rorschach

I do believe this is what's happening. My entire D is built on press corners and hard hitting LBs and Safeties. I even have a CB with the trait. The more the merrier.

I'm sure alot of dudes have done this and now it's just a disease lol Add the global hit stick at times and its just insane.

I think we should visit this issue in the offseason to be honest. It may even out during the course of the season.

DCX

No, fuck that. Your entire D is built on an exploit. Fuck it. You unknowingly fucked up. Time to start looking elsewhere.

eznark

Banned

DCX

That's not the problem. It's that the proscribed counter balance is wholly ineffective and in Rors case seems to be actually counterproductive.

Rorschach

That's not the problem. It's that the proscribed counter balance is wholly ineffective and in Rors case seems to be actually counterproductive.

How is it counterproductive? We either fumble less or it doesn't work and we fumble the same. Where does it backfire?

DCX

DCX
just like people putting stock in carry and now looking for a bail out from the government
3AQmK.gif

It's all good man. I just think changes in mid season suck.

DCX

There is obviously something wrong when 99 car guys are fumbling a bunch. If you want to cry about the fumbles being turned down when you put points into hit pow then shouldn't the guys who put a bunch in car rating for their backs be able to complain even more?

I don't mess with sliders much but there is enough of an issue that I did this time. Let me know how it goes!

Ps

I caused 1 fumble against the lions last night

LJ11

DCX

I'm definitely one of those people, but I've bitched about hitstick forever. People have been doing this type of team building since 2010, but the fumbling is a bigger issue this year. Hit stick trigger has also been around for a while but its worse than ever. Don't see anything wrong with focusing on HPW, other elite teams have HPW all over the place, might as well join the party.

Look at the brightside, I will now juke and and spin all day with my backs, unless the issues are still there. Before, I ran out of bounds like a pussy, now I'm fighting for every yard.

Rorschach

Your reverse psychology scare tactic won't work this time, LJ! I don't care if you run for a million yards! I just want to be able to get to the LOS at least.

He's talking about upping CAR and brace for hits, not changing the sliders.

Didn't you say the "anti fumble trait" had caused you to fumble more? That's the counter to big hitter but seems broken.

Oooooooooooh. Gotcha.

Rorschach

I did fumble three times in practice though with Sweet and he is a 95 carry. FMT probably broke it worse.

It might be that it can't be fixed. Something always comes up with Madden. There's always a near game breaking thing that we discover mid-season.

Mrbob

Haha, that's what I said. The slider is probably backwards like the wind meter. Next set of games will be a disaster.

Big Hit should still be productive for teams. It just won't be as cheesy anymore.

LJ11

Your reverse psychology scare tactic won't work this time, LJ! I don't care if you run for a million yards! I just want to be able to get to the LOS at least

I was on the fumble brigade for months, complained about it a lot. Again, there's give and take. We'll see what the sliders do, but what I said is true, I get to now use more than just speed and blocks to get yards. Jukes and spins are back, I wasn't trying that shit before because I fumbled up the gut runs. So while it takes a way one weapon you get another, or this shit may not matter at all. We'll see.

Haha, that's what I said. The slider is probably backwards like the wind meter. Next set of games will be a disaster.

Big Hit should still be productive for teams. It just won't be as cheesy anymore.

i already tested it out, so did the other game that was played. there was 1 total fumble in my game against the lions

ps

for PSN+ users, megaman 9&10 combo pack is free!

Top Bottom