• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Its not a sport, though.

Why? Because you don't understand the finer points of it? It's really ignorant to argue something like this when you've probably never been around auto racing. Leave it to those who know what they're talking about.

I agree that the drivers aren't the true athletes, the best argument I hear is who knows the names of the jockeys who won the Kentucky Derby? Yet there are plenty of people who know the names of every horse who's won. The car is the athlete, yet the car is a machine. As I said, it's the sport of robots.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Why? Because you don't understand the finer points of it? It's really ignorant to argue something like this when you've probably never been around auto racing. Leave it to those who know what they're talking about.

I agree that the drivers aren't the true athletes, the best argument I hear is who knows the names of the jockeys who won the Kentucky Derby? Yet there are plenty of people who know the names of every horse who's won. The car is the athlete, yet the car is a machine. As I said, it's the sport of robots.

So was battle bots a sport?

rinse82

It's sealed with Smokey's vote

There are 4 votes remaining but Trasher can't do either so that's it.

1 - Tues 5pm PT (12)
Sanjuro
GCQ
FMT
BigAT
Wellie
DCX
CB3
Ramirez
Birdman
Drizz
pheeniks
McNeils

2- Sun 7am PT (16)
Eznark
Bob
daw
Luke
rinse
shake
goldlion
Ferny
Splat
Rors
Soka
Levious
LJ
Bluemax
Cola
Smokey

eznark

Banned

I can't tell if you stopped smoking weed or stopped not smoking weed but you have been bonkers for months.

There were only two wheels on Larson's car when he finished the race.

I can't watch motorcycles. So much less impressive to me, they take up no space on the track compared to a car. The battles are who is taking the track the fastest, whereas car racing it is more of a battle. This might just be because I don't understand how motorcycles drive really though.

NASCAR isn't real racing but the end of the races are always exciting.

Pretty much this. What kind of motorcycle racing are you watching? If you enjoy watching a battle then that is the very reason you should watch motorcycle racing.

http://vimeo.com/32756097

You see wheel to wheel racing like this all over grid in motorcycle racing. I mean, this is one of the best examples of wheel to wheel racing between two of the elite, but you see comparable stuff in every race

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't know anything about battle bots. And I'm simply not arrogant enough to classify things I don't understand.
battlebots.jpg

Also I've played Daytona USA. That's totally enough to make judgements.

Pretty much this. What kind of motorcycle racing are you watching? If you enjoy watching a battle then that is the very reason you should watch motorcycle racing.

You see wheel to wheel racing like this all over grid in motorcycle racing. I mean, this is one of the best examples of wheel to wheel racing between two of the elite, but you see comparable stuff in every race

Yeah thats really cool, but passing is still much easier. The main reason I can't watch it is I don't know what I'm watching, I have no idea when they are shifting or anything. I'd just rather watch a car race where I actually understand what that guy just did based on the line his car took.

Yeah thats really cool, but passing is still much easier. The main reason I can't watch it is I don't know what I'm watching, I have no idea when they are shifting or anything. I'd just rather watch a car race where I actually understand what that guy just did based on the line his car took.

Parts of the passing 'look' easier. The thing is you can be more creative with your lines and braking points on a bike. They are smaller and nimbler - plus they are usually racing on tracks designed for cars. It opens the door for a lot of different things. Whereas in a car its a lot easier to block. Some people think blocking is racing.

The thing is, that last pass you can't pass there. Rossi did... but you simply cant. If you watch some really slow motion low angle stuff of that pass you can see Rossi actually loses the front of the bike for a split second. 99/100 times a pass like that would have ended in a two bike crash.

I guess if you've never ridden or raced a bike it is hard to understand all of what is going on.

We'll just have to agree to disagree! :)

Mrbob

What an amazing comeback for Sunday. Things were looking dire when Tuesday took over out of the gates. But like the champion day it is Sunday roared back with a vengeance and dominated to the finish line.

Smokey

this is amazing

Ferny

Holy shit that was amazing.

this is amazing

Holy shit that was amazing.

Here is some more Rossi for ya. This was a key race against Stoner, the defending champion (red ducati with the #1 plate). Laguna is more narrow track so Rossi improvised with some of his passing. He ends up passing him in the dirt on the corkscrew!

Those not familiar with Laguna Seca this is what the corkscrew is

Valentino_Rossi_Laguna_Seca_turn_8_composite_590.JPG

He passed him in the dirt in the middle of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY9mrKR5SkA

enjoy!

Rossi is fucking insane

Wow, apparently some1 died in that crash today. Haven't released a name but it had to have been a fan or somebody working in the stands.

Rossi is fucking insane

Yeah, he is my favorite. Been watching him since ~2005. He still races but he's getting old and drifting further and further from his prime. Sad to see your favorite drift way into irrelevance :(

He really hasn't been the same since 2011 when his friend died after a crash that Rossi had a part in. Gotta be hell on you when your involved in something like that

Alright smokes...

I pulled the trigger on all the rest of my PC parts. Upgraded to a 550W PS, 7870 XT, and i5 3570K. Blew past my budget by more than a little :/

Oh well, new toys!

there will be at least one rule change going forward, possible two.

the first rule change:

YOU MUST RUSH AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE ON YOUR DEFENSIVE LINE ON EVERY PLAY. i don't care if you run a 4-3 and audible one of the ends or DT's into coverage, but if you're playing a 3-4 or a 3-5-5 or a 3-2-6 or whatever formation, 3 people on your defensive line need to be rushing the QB.

Neogaf madden league member: Ok what if i have a 3 man line and i want to use one of them as a spy!
FMT: 3 people on your defensive line must rush the QB.

Neogaf madden league member: Ok so what's the answer?
FMT: In that scenario, are there 3 people going after the QB?
Neogaf madden league member: Well... no i guess not as such.... one is just sitting there waiting.
FMT: 3 defensive linemen need to be rushing the QB on every down. so in your scenario, that would be illegal. if you want to rush 3 defensive lineman and spy with a linebacker or CB then go wild! but on every play, 3 defensive lineman need to be rushing the QB.

because we don't have video proof (well, most of us) it isn't always easy to prove but dont be a fucking douchebag about it. it's simple: if you pick a play with only 3 defensive lineman on the line, don't audible those lineman into coverage! shift them left, right, pinch or whatever but dont audible them into coverage. easy!

THE EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE IS IF THE GAME HAS DESIGNED A PLAY IN THIS MANNER YOU CAN USE IT. VELCRO 9 AND A FEW OTHERS. BUT DON'T MANUALLY MAKE A PLAY LESS THAN 3 DEFENSIVE LINEMAN PASS RUSHERS

now the other thing that i'm debating is something that i would like feedback on and that is the read option. in seeing it myself and talking to a couple people i feel that it is broken in the game. maybe it's broken in real life too but that's another issue. i have never personally been burned by it but it would be naive of me to say that there are no issues with it considering i have 3 very highly rated linebackers and my 4th linebacker is rated pretty well too. truly a set-it-and-forget-it defense.

but not everyone has that great fortunate. so what say you random neogaf madden league member? do you want this banned?

eznark

Banned
there will be at least one rule change going forward, possible two.

the first rule change:

now the other thing that i'm debating is something that i would like feedback on and that is the read option. in seeing it myself and talking to a couple people i feel that it is broken in the game. maybe it's broken in real life too but that's another issue. i have never personally been burned by it but it would be naive of me to say that there are no issues with it considering i have 3 very highly rated linebackers and my 4th linebacker is rated pretty well too. truly a set-it-and-forget-it defense.

but not everyone has that great fortunate. so what say you random neogaf madden league member? do you want this banned?

Wow, I guess I can't use the Packers defense anymore. What the fuck. This essentially outlaws their best nickel package.

rinse82

if you run the play the way it is designed (meaning, you do not manually audible your lineman to do something else) then there is nothing wrong with that

Impossible to enforce

Pretty dramatic changes for something that didn't seem to happen that frequently. And we just booted the most frequent offender.

Top Bottom