• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

bluemax

Banned
You know whats more broken than the read option? People with mobile QBs who call deep bombs and then scramble for 30 yards because there's no one within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I had more people break 20+ yard runs with their QBs on plays like this than I had all season with designed runs for Russell Wilson.

Edit: Aside from me and Crow who in this league even runs the read option? I played the Phins and Redskins and neither called read option plays against me. Ditto the 49ers. Trasher came out in the pistol more than anyone else I've played.

LJ11

No one is saying you can't drop a lineman, but what I've seen by at least three different players, and it's what the money players do as well, is they drop 10 and put their best pass rusher at LE since they shed quicker on that side. So you can get your opponent to hold on to it a bit longer and if his guards are slow and don't help you'll get sacked.

I already told FMT one of the counters to try and beat it, but if you set it up right it can be tough to pass on. All FMT is saying is rush 3, not you need 3 DL. Contain is alright too I'm guessing.

McNei1y

I ran the read option a few times. But then people in here claimed it was broken and stuff. I just decided to tone the use down because I don't want people calling for my head for no reason. If it's allowed, then I'll start using it again.

eznark

Banned
No one is saying you can't drop a lineman, but what I've seen by at least three different players, and it's what the money players do as well, is they drop 10 and put their best pass rusher at LE since they shed quicker on that side. So you can get your opponent to hold on to it a bit longer and if his guards are slow and don't help you'll get sacked.

I already told FMT one of the counters to try and beat it, but if you set it up right it can be tough to pass on. All FMT is saying is rush 3, not you need 3 DL. Contain is alright too I'm guessing.

He did say specifically that three men on the line must rush. The Packers have two formations where 1 person in on the line!

You know whats more broken than the read option? People with mobile QBs who call deep bombs and then scramble for 30 yards because there's no one within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I had more people break 20+ yard runs with their QBs on plays like this than I had all season with designed runs for Russell Wilson.

Edit: Aside from me and Crow who in this league even runs the read option? I played the Phins and Redskins and neither called read option plays against me. Ditto the 49ers. Trasher came out in the pistol more than anyone else I've played.

Nah man Vick does this IRL you need to learn to adapt.

LJ11

He did say specifically that three men on the line must rush. The Packers have two formations where 1 person in on the line!

As long as you're bringing LBs, no one is going to say a word. It's this max coverage garbage with everyone dropping except the broken LE spot that's an issue.

New rule, the only fucking rule we need, DON'T BE A CUNT.

yes i suppose 3 rushers period would suffice not necessarily on the line. i'll have luke update the OP once he's around but unless the play is designed otherwise, rush 3 people per play.

eznark

Banned
As long as you're bringing LBs, no one is going to say a word. It's this max coverage garbage with everyone dropping except the broken LE spot that's an issue.

New rule, the only fucking rule we need, DON'T BE A CUNT.

As long as you only mean in Madden. I refuse to stop being a cunt in this thread. I guess I'm a retard because when I do drop a guy it's always either the left end or LOLB! I need to watch more cheater videos or play with Soka more.

I'm done with my resignings. They did not go as planned. There will be a probowl RT hitting FA, dude is awesome to run behind. My younger guy is better in everything but has something like 10 less strength and wanted half the money. Forgot you can only tag one person per season >.<

As long as you only mean in Madden. I refuse to stop being a cunt in this thread. I guess I'm a retard because when I do drop a guy it's always either the left end or LOLB! I need to watch more cheater videos or play with Soka more.

do you feel like you will reclaim your rightful spot as division champion? you let bob have his fun, now it's time for the return of the king!

LJ11

Well it makes sense to get a guy over the TE if you're blitzing to stop a quick throw. Combo him with man and the DE dropping.

bluemax

Banned
Nah man Vick does this IRL you need to learn to adapt.

Right. When people call 4 verts and wait until everyone takes off to run for an easy 20 yards that's fine and I just need to adjust. When I call designed runs that don't even work half the time because user line backer play fucks up blocking AI that means we need to ban the read option.

Right. When people call 4 verts and wait until everyone takes off to run for an easy 20 yards that's fine and I just need to adjust. When I call designed runs that don't even work half the time because user line backer play fucks up blocking AI that means we need to ban the read option.

as i said, i don't have any issue with the read option myself. just asking a question, no need to get all worked up about it at this point!

BigAT

Why would it cost me $8.89M to tag my RT Stewart, yet cost me $7.04M to tag either of my other RTs???

Do I not understand something or is this a bug?

"An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater."

I'm guessing he already had a pretty solid salary last year? Not many people know about the 120% clause of the franchise tag, as it gets applied far less frequently than the average of the top 5 salaries.

LJ11

I'm not even sure what happened with some of my guys since I was on autopilot, seeing some resigned others not.

CPU went nuts.

the NEW, OFFICIAL league off-season schedule!

Stage 1: Re-sign players (Which we're currently in) - will advance past this stage @ 8pm pst tonight (2/23)
Stage 2: Free agent bidding (NO SCOUTING AVAILABLE YET) - advancing to this stage at 8 pm pst tonight (2/23). You will have until tomorrow (2/24) at 8 pm pst to get your bids in OR when all 32 players say they are done bidding (whichever comes first)
Stage 3: Nothing. Skips from stage 2 to stage 4.
Stage 4: Free agent bidding AND SCOUTING AVAILABLE! we will advance to this stage on monday at 8 pm pst or 24 hours after "stage 2" begins.
Stage 5: Nothing. Skips from stage 4 to stage 6.
Stage 6: Free agent bidding AND SCOUTING AVAILABLE. we will advance to this stage on tuesday at 8 pm pst or 24 hours after "stage 4" begins.
Stage 7: FREE AGENCY DONE. ONLY SCOUTING AVAILABLE: we vance to this stage on Wednesday @ 8 pm pst or 24 hours after "stage 6" ends and it's OPEN 'TIL SUNDAY!
Stage 8: The draft: Sunday, 3/3/12 @ 7 am pst!

Also, for all you draft trader deadbeats who want to game the system, DRAFT "DAY" OFFICIALLY OPENS ONCE FREE AGENCY IS DONE. THAT'S RIGHT! ONCE STAGE 7 BEGINS ON WEDNESDAY, YOU CAN TRADE AWAY TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT WITH ONLY YOUR CONSCIENCE AND THE SALARY CAP AS YOUR GUIDE! NO MORE BEING HELD DOWN BY A CORRUPT COMMISSIONER!

Mrbob

I'm really hoping Soka is able to make it happen in his last year with the league.

conansrs.gif

Smokey

Alright smokes...

I pulled the trigger on all the rest of my PC parts. Upgraded to a 550W PS, 7870 XT, and i5 3570K. Blew past my budget by more than a little :/

Oh well, new toys!

#YOLO

welcome to the good life get at me if you have questions about putting it together

rinse82

On the block

Marcus Trufant
2015 cap hit 4.15M

MCV 82
ZCV 82
PRC 83
PRS 80
PUR 76

Pierre Garcon
2015 cap hit 4.86M

CTH 78
CIT 80
RTE 74
RLS 74
JMP 91
SPD 95
AGI 91
ACC 92

vanced to the first week of free agent bidding.

some bids are already in place for teams that are still on auto pilot so be sure to remove those bids if you dont want them on there. i only see the bills/bucs at this point

Sokantish

How can you check if any of your roster retired? Or do you guys just remember who's on your roster and then notice them gone? Because I don't remember half the people on my team

post when you're done bidding so maybe we could advance earlier. not that it matters overall but it'd be nice to quickly get to the next step so we could at least scout. don't think i'll be able to make the draft but just incase i can i want to have it done!

Top Bottom