• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Playing the same 3 maps in halo was getting on my nerves. Then crimson map pack-gate pushed it over the edge.

I'll start back up on Spartan ops when it beings again

GG Story. That was one you definitely deserved to win, just that bad pick 6 in the end

Is Treon Patrick black or white?

He's a cornball brother apparently. Black on the field, white off. :jnc

Ahh yes, that pick 6 where the corner magically speeds up to undercut the receiver. A madden staple, yet I seem to convince myself that it'll be different this time and proceed to throw the INT. Game is trash, etc etc.

He's a cornball brother apparently. Black on the field, white off. :jnc

Ahh yes, that pick 6 where the corner magically speeds up to undercut the receiver. A madden staple, yet I seem to convince myself that it'll be different this time and proceed to throw the INT. Game is trash, etc etc.

I'm glad he did that because I wanted to kick my cat after you completed that long bomb to Treon and a 3rd down dagger while my corner had his back to the ball

Interceptions are somewhat in control of the player. Guys with 99 carry shouldn't be fumbling like they are and there is little to no control over that.

But interceptions should be somewhat limited due to the rating of the defender but they're not. Some defenders catch better than 90+ rated receivers.

Now that I think of it, where IS McNeily?

Everybody has been ignoring my good friend Bo Jackson's cries, what if McNeily got raped by those girls?

Rorschach

CBs drop plenty of INTs. We throw more than it actually shows. :\ The only problem is Y and you can't solve that. There's already plenty of times when someone plays the perfect coverage, but the DBs either just stand there or stone hand the pick. DEs have the best hands in the game. Play them in coverage.

bluemax

Banned
CBs drop plenty of INTs. We throw more than it actually shows. :\ The only problem is Y and you can't solve that. There's already plenty of times when someone plays the perfect coverage, but the DBs either just stand there or stone hand the pick. DEs have the best hands in the game. Play them in coverage.

Be that as it may, INTs are still WAY up this year. Is there no slider for ball hawk? Can we just ban ball hawk?

I do agree that defensive ends have absolutely stupid pass coverage abilities.

Rorschach

Be that as it may, INTs are still WAY up this year. Is there no slider for ball hawk? Can we just ban ball hawk?

There's no ball hawk slider. There should be a disable, but there isn't. Unfortunately, we just have to not throw over the shoulder stuff unless you have Brady, Manning, or Rodgers.

BigAT

Do we have any hard numbers on this? I feel like some of you are underestimating just how many INTs people used to throw. People were shitty passers long before ballhawk.

I would be all for banning ballhawk (see my incessant bitching when it was first discovered), but unfortunately I don't think it's realistically feasible since you can never truly know when someone uses it. Sure, we all have a pretty damn good idea when it gets used, but without the ability to even provide replays this year it would be a complete mess trying to prove anything.

bluemax

Banned
No I don't have hard numbers because League Manager seems to have killed all the stats from last season. Yes I am aware that INT have always been higher than real life. But if you really think that they aren't up across the board this season then I don't know what to tell you.

The fumbling issues seem isolated to a small, vocal, minority of the league but for whatever reason we are adjusting fumble sliders mid season.

eznark

Banned
No I don't have hard numbers because League Manager seems to have killed all the stats from last season. Yes I am aware that INT have always been higher than real life. But if you really think that they aren't up across the board this season then I don't know what to tell you.

The fumbling issues seem isolated to a small, vocal, minority of the league but for whatever reason we are adjusting fumble sliders mid season.

If you dont think fumbling is a problem then I don't know what to tell you.

Rorschach

You're the only one arguing anymore. You're the vocal minority! Such a minority that the eznark signal went up! Go back to Russia!

bluemax

Banned
I just find it funny that they are fixing the fumbles which I only have happen maybe one or two games in a season but the high # of INTs are perfectly acceptable.

I agree. And this is coming from someone with Reggie's shitty carrying

Don't fuck with sliders mid season will always be my stand, unless it's season 1. It's just bad form.

Ya, such a knee jerk reaction to a few ppl complaining.

That looks like people besides me!

bluemax

Banned
That was way back in the day. Most of you don't really care about fumble sliders. You just want to be able to throw like maroons.

Pft.

Anywho I took the fumbles of the top 10 or so dudes in the league this season and compared them with their fumble numbers the past 2 season:

Code:
This season:
Ahmad Bradshaw 62 att 7 fumbles 11.3%
Darren Sproles 55 att 6 fumbles 10.9%
Darren McFadden 54 att 4 fumbles 7.4%
Ty Peters 81 att 5 fumbles 6.2%
Adrian Peterson 49 att 3 fumbles 6.1%
DeShawn Whitmore 67 att 4fumbles 5.9%
Frank Gore 71 att 3 fumbles 5.6%
Matt Forte 53 att 3 fumbles 5.6%
Larod Stephen-Howling 77 att 4 fumbles 5.2%
Jamal Charles 72 att 3 fumbles 4.2%
George Bowers 71 att 3 fumbles 4.2%
LeSean McCoy 75 att 3 fumbles 4%
DeMarco Murray 83 att 3 fumbles 3.6%

Joe Flacco 7 att 3 fumbles 42.8%
Tony Romo 13 att 4 fumbles 41.7%
Pharaoh Phillips 12 att 5 fumbles 41.7%
Alex Smith 10 att 3 fumbles 30%

Previous 2 seasons
Jamal Charles 405 att 14 fumbles 3.5%
DeShawn Whitmore 238 att 8 fumbles 3.4%
Larod Stephens Howling 407 att 13 fumbles 3.2%
Darren McFadden 453 att 13 fumbles 2.9%
Frank Gore 357att  9 fumbles 2.5%
Darren Sproles 136 att 3 fumbles 2.2%
Ahmad Bradshaw 384 att 8 fumbles 2.1%
DeMarco Murray 433 att 8 fumbles 1.9%
Matt Forte 410 att 8 fumbles 1.9%
Adrian Peterson 454 att 8 fumbles (fumbled more often when with Vikings) 1.8%
Ty Peters 204 att 3 fumbles 1.5%
George Bowers N/A

Pharoah Phillips 31 att 11 fumbles 35.5%
Tony Romo 45 att 14 fumbles 31.1%
Joe Flacco 22 att 5 fumbles 22.7%
Alex Smith 52 att 8 fumbles 15.3%

This Season
Marshawn Lynch 63 att 1 fumbles 1.6%
Robert Turbin 6 att 0 fumbles 0%
Russell Wislon 17 att 0 fumbles 0%

Past 2 Seasons
Marshawn Lynch 299 att 3 fumbles 1%
Robert Turbin 145 att 3 fumbles 2.1%
Russell Wilson 86 att 9 fumbles 10.5%

So yes, fumble rates on all those dudes are up drastically this season. I guess I could compare fumble rates against their real life versions but they don't look like they were that bad the first 2 seasons, so why are they so much higher this season? Are people cheesing the hit stick? Did everyone stock up on Hit Power? Is it just small sample sizes?

Its not the same people who suck season in and season out, its streaky. Look at CJ's numbers. The problem was always there the difference is now it's affecting Rors and BigAT.

Rorschach

Its not the same people who suck season in and season out, its streaky. Look at CJ's numbers. The problem was always there the difference is now it's affecting Rors and BigAT.

It was last season for me too. Not just this season. I started running Goodson last season. And, btw, DMc has more fumbles than the ones recorded. It only counted the ones not recovered by me.

eznark

Banned
Hey splat, I just started Anno, did I pick a faction at the set up phase or something or does everyone start out working for the Evil Multinational?

Splat

Hey splat, I just started Anno, did I pick a faction at the set up phase or something or does everyone start out working for the Evil Multinational?

I dunno I only ran it once to look at video options, I haven't actually played it yet soooo

Nightz

Nightz, are you around to play our game tonight?

How many games are left? Friends are inviting to play basketball so if it's not gonna hold the league up I can play tomorrow (or late tonight). But if we're the last game, I'll just skip basketball.

Rorschach

How many games are left? Friends are inviting to play basketball so if it's not gonna hold the league up I can play tomorrow (or late tonight). But if we're the last game, I'll just skip basketball.

A bunch. I know mine is left and Crow doesn't want to play 'till Monday.

pretty sure this is likely to advance Monday evening

Birdman02

We got time. i should be around tomorrow after the games...maybe a little before.

Top Bottom