• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Rorschach

Because we don't fire coaches, there is currently no penalty for missing the playoffs (I still think we should've left coach firing on[where you get fired and just remake a new coach], because I don't believe that repeated 3-win teams should have all of their coaching progression carry over! Maybe in Madden 25!)

Now there is and it's ever-so-slight.

The penalty is less progression, players never being interested in signing or re-signing with your team, and losing games. Losing games is its own punishment!

If you're gonna do this, get the 12 teams ready asap so we can get this show on the road.

LukeSmith

Team | Number assigned for input into random.org|
  • Texans | 1
  • Raiders | 2
  • Broncos | 3
  • Bills | 4
  • Bengals | 5
  • Eagles | 6
  • Giants | 7
  • Saints | 8
  • Seahawks | 9
  • Bears | 10

Disqualified
Colts
Niners

I will post the random.org screenshot in this post

MarjwhJ.jpg

So the FA order is:
  • Bluemax
  • BigAT
  • LJ
  • Bob
  • Splat
  • Smokey
  • CB
  • Goldlion
  • Rors
  • Birdles

Ferny

So punish the teams that didn't make the playoffs by also getting less of a chance to get a good FA after the draft while the higher win teams can still move up in the draft by making trades and then still get a great shot at a good FA. Yup makes total sense.

eznark

Banned
Because we don't fire coaches, there is currently no penalty for missing the playoffs (I still think we should've left coach firing on[where you get fired and just remake a new coach], because I don't believe that repeated 3-win teams should have all of their coaching progression carry over! Maybe in Madden 25!)

Now there is and it's ever-so-slight.

kidthrust.gif

LukeSmith

So punish the teams that didn't make the playoffs by also getting less of a chance to get a good FA after the draft while the higher win teams can still move up in the draft by making trades and then still get a great shot at a good FA. Yup makes total sense.

When someone moves up in the draft by not giving something up, this will be a more cogent argument--mutually by their very nature trades presuppose an equivalent value judgement between two players, so nothing is really gained or lost.

RE FA:

I've made the playoffs every year, still have sub C prestige -- I think it was still F last year. When we started the league, the Colts were one of the three worst teams in the league -- I bet they are still pretty shitty compared to all manners of teams in the league.

I can't say I'm super sympathetic to inheriting bad teams, or making bad roster/FA decisions. Teams can flounder in the league and still retain coaching prestige, player progression perks and all manners of persistence.

Logically, the best FAs should want to go to the most successful teams, or the ones who can pay them the best -- and the latter had their shot in FA.

This will also make next season's FA even more interesting.

Can you guys take a break from this faux outrage and give me a Dota key?! (or is the final version out? should prolly check that first!)

edit---

NVM! Says I already own dota 2... downloading now

rinse82

Bluemax masters the art of the UDFA WR pickup

Rules are put in place to prevent the abuse of UDFA pickups

Bluemax wins #1 pick

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bluemax masters the art of the UDFA WR pickup

Rules are put in place to prevent the abuse of UDFA pickups

Bluemax wins #1 pick

Bluemax and Luke have fought wars against each other over the years.

The only thing more unlikely than Luke rigging something for bluemax would be me rigging something for bluemax.

rinse82

Bluemax and Luke have fought wars against each other over the years.

The only thing more unlikely than Luke rigging something for bluemax would be me rigging something for bluemax.

lol who said anything about rigging?

it's ironic.

Mrbob

Rors! Guess what I found today at the local grocery store. Mexican Coca Cola! This better be good or you owe me 99 cents. 16.9 Ounce glass battle cost me a dollar! It must be real too because the sticker says 200 calories lol. Gotta be almost all sugar. Haven't opened it yet but I will in the next couple days.

bluemax

Banned
Yup, think he went in the 4th because after I drafted my LB and SS with my first two picks I went WR with every pick with the exception of my 4th (took a TE). When Timm's name went up I'm like who the fuck is this dude, why is he not on my WR list.....

Someone had the skinny on good old Kenny.

He was a 5th rounder, and not on the spread sheet. I scouted the fuck out of wide receivers in that draft because of how bad my passing game got shit on down the stretch in season 1.

bluemax

Banned
Team | Number assigned for input into random.org|
  • Texans | 1
  • Raiders | 2
  • Broncos | 3
  • Bills | 4
  • Bengals | 5
  • Eagles | 6
  • Giants | 7
  • Saints | 8
  • Seahawks | 9
  • Bears | 10

Disqualified
Colts
Niners

I will post the random.org screenshot in this post

MarjwhJ.jpg

So the FA order is:
  • Bluemax
  • BigAT
  • LJ
  • Bob
  • Splat
  • Smokey
  • CB
  • Goldlion
  • Rors
  • Birdles

Wut. Woah.

Rorschach

Rors! Guess what I found today at the local grocery store. Mexican Coca Cola! This better be good or you owe me 99 cents. 16.9 Ounce glass battle cost me a dollar! It must be real too because the sticker says 200 calories lol. Gotta be almost all sugar. Haven't opened it yet but I will in the next couple days.

Well, the nostalgia factor won't work on you because you're not from Mexico, but it's still good! I just got some in my jack right now. Not bad!

They sell it by the case at Costco

Top Bottom