• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Building for a season that might not happen, sound planning.

that's the funniest part of it all. i would say the odds are good that we play 2 more seasons, but i wouldn't say great. it's a good trade for cola if we end up playing 2 more seasons. awful trade if not!

p.s.

if not we'll just enforce the picks for madden '25! cola setting himself up nicely for next year in any case!

Colasante

I was going to go for Stacey Knight but then I started practicing the read option stuff and I couldn't do any of it worth a damn. There's no real point in drafting the speed QB if you can't use him to his fullest.

I was going to go for Stacey Knight but then I started practicing the read option stuff and I couldn't do any of it worth a damn. There's no real point in drafting the speed QB if you can't use him to his fullest.

i have a speed QB and i don't run the option at all. didn't stop me from winning the superbowl!

speed QB's greatest asset is on passing plays when everyone is covered and you can scramble out. with the way people like to play man coverage its even more valuable in our league because the players have their backs turned to you all the time. so either you waste a guy to spy or you gamble getting burned!

BigAT

that's the funniest part of it all. i would say the odds are good that we play 2 more seasons, but i wouldn't say great. it's a good trade for cola if we end up playing 2 more seasons. awful trade if not!

p.s.

if not we'll just enforce the picks for madden '25! cola setting himself up nicely for next year in any case!

Even if we do happen to play two, those picks don't have any time to develop into anything. They're going to be at least #25 or worse in every round and pretty useless.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Even if we do happen to play two, those picks don't have any time to develop into anything. They're going to be at least #25 or worse in every round and pretty useless.

Speak for yourself. I've been drafting in those positions successfully for years

bluemax

Banned
i have a speed QB and i don't run the option at all. didn't stop me from winning the superbowl!

speed QB's greatest asset is on passing plays when everyone is covered and you can scramble out. with the way people like to play man coverage its even more valuable in our league because the players have their backs turned to you all the time. so either you waste a guy to spy or you gamble getting burned!

This is how FMT got all his rushing yards on me with Kaepernick. 5 verts scramble!

LJ11

But what about everyone running man coverage. Doesn't a QB with speed change what a D does?

You want to turn your back I'll turn the corner and run for yards. Then you spy/contain, less of a pass rush. That's the dynamic, not the read option.

My first next year is available

For what?

I'll give you a second, Belichick style. Maybe throw in a third.

LukeSmith

But what about everyone running man coverage. Doesn't a QB with speed change what a D does?

You want to turn your back I'll turn the corner and run for yards. Then you spy/contain, less of a pass rush. That's the dynamic, not the read option.

Should've told Cola that before he traded his draft. The Stacey Knight pick up for CB is a strict counter against AT whose entire defense is silly in 2 man.

Sadly in this game, spy from Dline doesn't really reduce pressure from the front 4.

bluemax

Banned
Plus when you drop back 30 yards to throw the ball it makes your drop backs so much quicker and even more impossible for my defensive ends to sack you!

This is how FMT got all his rushing yards on me with Kaepernick. 5 verts scramble!

1. ive never run 5 verts.... against you or anyone. worthless play. the only person i send deep a good deal of the time is VD because he's usually being covered by a linebacker
2. play man defense all day and suffer like G did

bluemax

Banned
1. ive never run 5 verts.... against you or anyone. worthless play. the only person i send deep a good deal of the time is VD because he's usually being covered by a linebacker
2. play man defense all day and suffer like G did

Zone coverage sucks against anyone with a half decent line. They just stand back and wait for the crosser to get open!

BigAT

Should've told Cola that before he traded his draft. The Stacey Knight pick up for CB is a strict counter against AT whose entire defense is silly in 2 man.

Sadly in this game, spy from Dline doesn't really reduce pressure from the front 4.

Unfortunately, man vs. zone has very little to do with a QB's ability to scramble after a passing play. CB runs 4 verts and the zone falls back more than enough that he has plenty of space to scramble. Playing zone turns it from a 20 yard QB rush into "only" a 15 yarder.

I can't even QB spy someone from my D-line. Vick is able to just straight up beat them, I imagine Knight would embarrass a D-line spy.

Ramirez

Spy's are fucking garbage in this game. I love how a QB can be right in front of their face, but until they cross the LOS, the AI won't attack, and the game usually won't allow you to switch to them manually fast enough!

That's ok EZ, wouldn't waste my money on a game that has average net play at best, and a league that will last bout s long as the Halo one did.

BigAT

Spy's are fucking garbage in this game. I love how a QB can be right in front of their face, but until they cross the LOS, the AI won't attack, and the game usually won't allow you to switch to them manually fast enough!

Pretty much. It's frustrating to have to sacrifice an entire man on defense for so little in return. Vick has just straight run past even my fastest linebackers in spy before because the logic is so awful.

LukeSmith

Specifically for Peterson - minimum is mid-round 1st/3rd and late tonight when I start scouting, I'll need to know if I'm shipping him or not, so the window is short.

92 speed
97 agility
96 acceleration
97 elu
95 carry
87 trucking
97 stiff arm
94 spin
94 juke
77 catch
and there's 56k XP for you to spend on him if you want.

Top Bottom