• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

gg mcneily. this game is fucking retarded relating to home plate play. i throw to home plate and mcneilys guy is half way to home. so i just stand there in his way and he just runs right past me and scores. what the fuck? you're supposed to press a button to tag someone out? IM STANDING IN THE WAY OF THE BASELINE AND HE TOUCHED ME!

turned out to be the difference in a 3-2 game :(

gg mcneily. this game is fucking retarded relating to home plate play. i throw to home plate and mcneilys guy is half way to home. so i just stand there in his way and he just runs right past me and scores. what the fuck? you're supposed to press a button to tag someone out? IM STANDING IN THE WAY OF THE BASELINE AND HE TOUCHED ME!

lol they need to fix that shit

game is good but there obviously needs to be a patch right now

McNei1y

GG FMT. The lag in the random spots was quite annoying but for the most part it felt solid like the DD games. Two random WTF runs there, though. Werth somehow missed the ball even though I was on the white ball. It just flew right past him as he stood there lol. Then when (whoever) slid into home past Posey without any tag. It didn't make sense.

I also didn't mean to run home and then run back to third. The first time, I was trying to round the bases but I still have no idea (even after playing close to 30 something games). Then the second time was dumb because I didn't mean to hit x to send him home - I was hitting it to skip to the next AB lol.

Still a fun game. We really need to get hopping on this league shit. I want to see the numbers I put up with all of these guys.

mcneily brah I'll play you after my madden game brah

Let me know, I'm going to be playing DD all night.

You always ignore my messages :(

I don't mean to. I'm in the middle of DD games when you send them and I always jump into another immediately after lol. I am literally hooked on DD.

Yeah. That was some garbage. But I was still surprised by the dropped ball in the OF by Werth. It seemed like a bug or something because I was at the circle and his glove should've been up. It just sailed right past his head lol

i was telling sanjuro we should just do a bunch of playoff runs. get 8 people or whatever and play the playoffs to determine a champion!

i'd be in for league though. our game was a bit laggy here and there but i can live with it

is DD like a card game? I've only done RTTS. I just started my 3rd season, and I'm finally a starter in the majors with the Royals

just 3 more seasons after this and I am bailing out of KC. I'm tempted to never level up my guy just to piss off my manager so they'll trade me lol

i was telling sanjuro we should just do a bunch of playoff runs. get 8 people or whatever and play the playoffs to determine a champion!

i'd be in for league though. our game was a bit laggy here and there but i can live with it

I really like this idea

in 2k we used to do like 10 or 15 game regular season games to determine playoff seeding. so a really short season just to determine seeding

also mcneily next time we play turn guess pitch off. in theory, it should making hitting "easier", but it actually makes me lose concentration because if i pick a spot and pitch type and it's not there then i'm thinking too much about it. or even WHEN i guess right then i get roped into swinging at a pitch that might not be good just because i guess right. i dont like it!

McNei1y

I'm in for either since both sound like fun but I'd prefer a season (short or long) just because we get to play everyone. I'm also weird and I want to see the numbers everyone puts up in a 32/64/82/etc season.

is DD like a card game? I've only done RTTS. I just started my 3rd season, and I'm finally a starter in the majors with the Royals

just 3 more seasons after this and I am bailing out of KC. I'm tempted to never level up my guy just to piss off my manager so they'll trade me lol

I've played RTTS maybe 2-3 times. Once I tried DD, I couldn't stop. It's basically the 'Ultimate Team' game modes in Madden and Fifa except its much better IMO.

First, you create a custom team logo and all. Then you get cards at the start of the season. Cards are randomly generated players that represent players. You can either 'recycle' them, accept them, or sell them. Every player has base stats. The base stats are marked in red. Then there is a 'potential' system were there is a meter that the red can fill. So like, a base player can start with 50's in contact on both side. The meter could potentially be filled up to 80 or something. You can "train" your guy by purchasing attribute points with your budget. There are better prospects based on their card. There's Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. There are also MLB players. I've learned that MLB players are merely stop gaps, though, since you can only have them for 10 games maximum. The created players all vary from 20-40 games. Some can go longer I believe. When their "contract (games)" are up, they're erased from your team.

It's a cool idea because you basically get a new "franchise" every 20-30 games or so and you're required to build around the prospects that you get. Right now I am almost down to getting a new batch of prospects in my system for the third time. It's really fun.

I was going to do something similar. That or a mini season. Either are just as good.

Still haven't played a single game yet.

Like I said above, I'd prefer to do a season to a playoff but either one I'd be happy with.

McNei1y

also mcneily next time we play turn guess pitch off. in theory, it should making hitting "easier", but it actually makes me lose concentration because if i pick a spot and pitch type and it's not there then i'm thinking too much about it. or even WHEN i guess right then i get roped into swinging at a pitch that might not be good just because i guess right. i dont like it!

I just sent an invite without looking at any of the settings lol. I forgot that thing exists. DD doesn't have it on so I didn't even bother.

And yeah, what are some 'sim' settings? I like hotzones and strike box but if that makes it more realistic or whatever, so be it.

I also still don't understand how pitching accuracy seems to be shit at points or how to steal with one player.

BigAT

Sorry didn't know my ps3 was on.

I'm mourning the loss of Reader and praying to the new Pope that Google gets aids.

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? Even if they are no longer improving it or actively adding new functionality, that doesn't mean they have to kill it. Anyone have a recommendation for a good RSS reader?

Jets @ Bills - ?
Ravens @ Packers - Done im assuming (or almost done)
Buccs @ Vikings - soka will play CPU on the ready!
Chiefs @ Raiders - 30 mins
Broncos @ Titans (auto pilot) - ?

what are the status of the 2 question mark games!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Was drizzle gone now or is that next week. I remember him posting something about being away earlier.

Top Bottom