• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Mrbob

So the next Xbox controller is basically going to be a re-badged 360 controller. Good news for PC games, but for console games it'll be another reason to switch to the innovative PS4 controller.

BigAT

AT did you hear the interview with Tim Pernetti on Francesser? What are your thoughts on the whole video and suspension.

I didn't, but I saw some of his interview on OTL.

Really disappointed with the whole situation obviously, both in the conduct and also the negativity that will result. I think part of the reaction is exposing the public, especially non-sports fans, to things they are ignorant of that happens in football and basketball practices throughout the country, namely the language and some of the physicality. A college basketball writer tweeted earlier, "Literally just had a head coach call me and said 'video coordinators all over the country are being instructed to burn practice tapes'." But he definitely goes over the top in some of his actions. I knew about this in December when he was initially punished for this, but I have to admit that seeing the actual video was different and hard to watch.

It's hard for me to believe he will be keeping his job after this. I've already gotten contacted by friends/family that aren't huge into sports, so the story is definitely out there and the reaction has obviously been one-sided. Even with this controversy aside, Rice has been fairly disappointing performance-wise so far. I think he definitely deserved another year though, his first recruiting class were only sophomores last year and he inherited an awful team. This would be a tough one for a successful coach to ride out, so I don't think there's much chance he can survive given what the reaction has already been with the story only being a couple of hours old.

One aspect that hasn't been reported unfortunately is that the former assistant coach that released the tapes is only doing so for monetary reasons. He was "fired" (in actuality his contract just wasn't renewed) and was upset to the point that he extorted the school. He literally said if they didn't pay him through his lawsuit that he was going to release the tape. It doesn't excuse or justify Rice's actions in any way, but it has been annoying to see the assistant coach try to claim any moral superiority when he is a huge scumbag.

Mrbob

Is a touchpad really that innovative?

imHttdVM6xAJs.gif

iAB7QvFv8wZuC.gif

Innovation my friend!

My bet is on that light bar being the new health bar. Why have the screen turn red when the controller light can blink red! Don't know if this is better though.

eznark

Banned
I didn't, but I saw some of his interview on OTL.

Really disappointed with the whole situation obviously, both in the conduct and also the negativity that will result. I think part of the reaction is exposing the public, especially non-sports fans, to things they are ignorant of that happens in football and basketball practices throughout the country, namely the language and some of the physicality. A college basketball writer tweeted earlier, "Literally just had a head coach call me and said 'video coordinators all over the country are being instructed to burn practice tapes'." But he definitely goes over the top in some of his actions. I knew about this in December when he was initially punished for this, but I have to admit that seeing the actual video was different and hard to watch.

It's hard for me to believe he will be keeping his job after this. I've already gotten contacted by friends/family that aren't huge into sports, so the story is definitely out there and the reaction has obviously been one-sided. Even with this controversy aside, Rice has been fairly disappointing performance-wise so far. I think he definitely deserved another year though, his first recruiting class were only sophomores last year and he inherited an awful team. This would be a tough one for a successful coach to ride out, so I don't think there's much chance he can survive given what the reaction has already been with the story only being a couple of hours old.

One aspect that hasn't been reported unfortunately is that the former assistant coach that released the tapes is only doing so for monetary reasons. He was "fired" (in actuality his contract just wasn't renewed) and was upset to the point that he extorted the school. He literally said if they didn't pay him through his lawsuit that he was going to release the tape. It doesn't excuse or justify Rice's actions in any way, but it has been annoying to see the assistant coach try to claim any moral superiority when he is a huge scumbag.

What are you guys talking about? Is your thug urban school already sullying the pristine name of the Big Ten?

Forget about that rape machine in Pennsylvania, they don't count.

Mrbob

What are you guys talking about? Is your thug urban school already sullying the pristine name of the Big Ten?

Forget about that rape machine in Pennsylvania, they don't count.

Rutgers already shaming the honor of the B1G. Time to kick them out.

Rutgers already shaming the honor of the B1G. Time to kick them out.

When did the B1G become honorable? We are a conference which plays host to Ohio State and Penn State. No matter how upstanding schools like Wisconsin and Michigan State may be, we'll never live down the shame and classless tropings of those schools :-(

McNei1y

When did the B1G become honorable? We are a conference which plays host to Ohio State and Penn State. No matter how upstanding schools like Wisconsin and Michigan State may be, we'll never live down the shame and classless tropings of those schools :-(

Get ready for the class that the Maryland Basketball fans bring!

Mrbob

I'm pretty hot on Project Shield right now. Total Biscuit has a 3 part video on it from GDC:

Part one is mostly about hardware design:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRDt8zdw4AY

Didn't realize there is HDMI output. I could use this device to stream my Steam games and play them on my TV.

Part two is playing a streamed version of Skyrim from the PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHfZiifvBU

Part three is playing Android games with real controls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZixJN3vc_Q

The weight of trying to prop up an entire conference is heavy.

BigAT

GG Shake. Bradshaw was running really well today, he couldn't be stopped. Still, MVP might go to Chris Snee for doing an action movie dive and scooping up a fumble that might have otherwise been returned for six. Your RT was pretty awful, three different players all abused him badly.

GG AT

I couldn't figure out how to crack your defense. This game is so frustrating sometimes. I felt i could keep it close with my D but two silly plays kill me and i don't even understand wtf is going on.

First you throw that quick pass with 3 of my guys there and it goes 80 yards. No idea why my safety is playing up so far on that pass. Then on that 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter. My MLB has a clear path to the QB and just stops running! WTF! He could have hit eli as he was trowing or even before... but instead he decides to stop blitzing and fall into coverage? :/

Even if those two plays turned out different i still didn't play well enough on O to beat you so it doesn't matter.

sorry if that counts as a gg but... :/

oh and yeah bradshaw was annoying. even if i had a guy there he'd slip the tackle where as charles gets arm tackled by doods being blocked :/

alright... i think its all out of my system now

Oh and way to thug it up and injure berry after a pick in the endzone!!!!! Shameful

GG Shake. Bradshaw was running really well today, he couldn't be stopped. Still, MVP might go to Chris Snee for doing an action movie dive and scooping up a fumble that might have otherwise been returned for six. Your RT was pretty awful, three different players all abused him badly.

49ers vs. Giants next week....

Seymour-Skinner-Endgame.jpg

and so we enter end game....

Top Bottom